Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome though

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ahh yes, Kind of like marriage can get.

Almost exactly like that! There are a lot of things I really like about Windows.... and then one day it does something that so totally pisses you off, you wanna chuck the whole thing! :giggle: Kinda like husbands, really. ;) (because you realize, it just can't help being that stupid!)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Along the lines of my last post... ladies, has your man ever said to you, "do you think I'm stupid or something?" Just say "Well, as a matter of fact, yes, you really are kinda stupid, but I forgive you." I guarantee he will NEVER ask you that ridiculous question again. :giggle:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, yes they are...
PAY-Melanie-Long.jpg
You and your redheads! Even a mermaid with red hair. lol! Alien scales aren't the same.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Along the lines of my last post... ladies, has your man ever said to you, "do you think I'm stupid or something?" Just say "Well, as a matter of fact, yes, you really are kinda stupid, but I forgive you." I guarantee he will NEVER ask you that ridiculous question again. :giggle:

Andria
My ex would pout and get mad at me: You're smarter than me. waaaaaaawaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
But women need ongoing reassurance that "This does not make me look fat does it?".

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But women need ongoing reassurance that "This does not make me look fat does it?".

Which always seemed pretty dumb to me. I know I look fat, because I AM! At least, round my middle... but I mostly wear clothes to disguise it. :D But I know a man is never going to answer that question honestly.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My ex would pout and get mad at me: You're smarter than me. waaaaaaawaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mine carries on constantly about how dumb he is, and usually I say "I would not have spent 30 yrs with someone as dumb as you claim to be, because you would have bored me to death inside a week."

But if he comes right out and asks me that question, in a very hostile tone of voice, well by golly, I'll agree with him! :giggle:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Which always seemed pretty dumb to me. I know I look fat, because I AM! At least, round my middle... but I mostly wear clothes to disguise it. :D But I know a man is never going to answer that question honestly.

Andria
I could lose some poundage. Especially before the holidays hit because people bring all their food here for taste testing and I cannot resist the fudge.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Boden I wonder about the dynamics of clapton coils.
A relatively high mass center wire surrounded by higher resistance smaller mass wire that likley has more mass per mm than the core wire.
Which one heats the most?
Does the outer wrap run cooler or hotter than the core wire?

wickiing aside how would they work?
Would there be a magic ratio of core wire size and composition to the wrap size an composition?
A high resistance center wire combined with a lower resistance out wrap wire?
ie Kanthal core/SS wrap?

or should I just forget this and concentrate on the meaning of life?
The wrap wire is basically a heat sink.

Life has meaning? o_O

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even still, I'd argue a smaller clapton (like a 28/40) will outperform a 28g normal round at the same wattage. But I haven't done a head to head. Haven't used normal round wire in quite a while for obvious reasons

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
The laws of physics disagree with you. :)

I'll splain if you like

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I could lose some poundage. Especially before the holidays hit because people bring all their food here for taste testing and I cannot resist the fudge.

For me, Jan, Feb, and March are always dieting months. Just in time for easter candy! :giggle: Can't resist those lil 'robin's eggs'... yeah I know they're just malted milk balls, but somehow they're better when they're pastel colors. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's :D

Couldnt say if things are getting better or not but doc prescribed some stuff where shit dont bother me as much :teehee:

Smoked a full pack yesterday but today I only smoked 4 so far and hopefully by the end of the week I wont be smoking anymore.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hmm what would happen if 2 parallel wires were used for the claptoning? Halving the resistance of the wrap.
You mean a fused? Or two wires for the overwrap

Edit, nevermind... re-read what you wrote. I've made one of those before, it didn't make a huge difference in the final resistance. If you play around with steam engine, the overall resistance doesn't change too terribly much with wrap changes

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mean a fused? Or two wires for the overwrap

Edit, nevermind... re-read what you wrote. I've made one of those before, it didn't make a huge difference in the final resistance. If you play around with steam engine, the overall resistance doesn't change too terribly much with wrap changes
Ahh but you have to play around with a smaller core as well.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For me, Jan, Feb, and March are always dieting months. Just in time for easter candy! :giggle: Can't resist those lil 'robin's eggs'... yeah I know they're just malted milk balls, but somehow they're better when they're pastel colors. :D

Andria
I like the chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies, and the robin's eggs, and the little toy's that poop candy, and.....NOT peeps. Anything but peeps. Halloween candy is out already here. Chocolate covered almonds........................and jelly bean eggs.
Ok, salad for dinner. :rolleyes:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Couldnt say if things are getting better or not but doc prescribed some stuff where shit dont bother me as much :teehee:

Smoked a full pack yesterday but today I only smoked 4 so far and hopefully by the end of the week I wont be smoking anymore.
Meds help. WTA helps, and...........................We your friends so enjoy this song, dedicated to YOU!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So today presented itself with a dilemma. An acquaintance of mine is moving away to Germany permanently. He has a gecko named Clyde that can't make the trip. He wants me to take over care of little Clyde. So, do I take on the responsibility of Clyde the gecko or continue my very slow free wheeling sloth lifestyle of no pets to worry about? The last time I had a pet, as a preteen, those hermit crabs didn't meet a very pleasant end...

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So today presented itself with a dilemma. An acquaintance of mine is moving away to Germany permanently. He has a gecko named Clyde that can't make the trip. He wants me to take over care of little Clyde. So, do I take on the responsibility of Clyde the gecko or continue my very slow free wheeling sloth lifestyle of no pets to worry about? The last time I had a pet, as a preteen, those hermit crabs didn't meet a very pleasant end...

Leopard Gecko? They're super easy. Food and water once a week, line the tank with paper towels, clean those maybe once a month. All in all I don't think we spend more than an hour a month maintaining ours. We inherited it from our oldest. The gecko was five years old when she got it. She got it when she was 18, so 10 years ago. That's what you should be aware of, that they can live a pretty long time. Not sure what the natural lifespan is, but ours is 15 years old.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Send him to Texas. This was awaiting my arrival home..........freaking thing scared the crap out of me.
upload_2016-8-31_19-25-21.png

Seriously though, if you can't take care of him, just say NO. I'm sure a pet store would take him and locate a good home for him.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Leopard Gecko? They're super easy. Food and water once a week, line the tank with paper towels, clean those maybe once a month. All in all I don't think we spend more than an hour a month maintaining ours. We inherited it from our oldest. The gecko was five years old when she got it. She got it when she was 18, so 10 years ago. That's what you should be aware of, that they can live a pretty long time. Not sure what the natural lifespan is, but ours is 15 years old.
Okay then. You'll take it. Right???
KDodds volunteers!!!! :bliss:

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Evening Chopdoc!! Glad to hear things are getting better! :)

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Send him to Texas. This was awaiting my arrival home..........freaking thing scared the crap out of me.
View attachment 60446

Seriously though, if you can't take care of him, just say NO. I'm sure a pet store would take him and locate a good home for him.
It's not that I'm incapable of caring for Clyde. I suppose I'm just overly worried something would happen to him. I think im going to have to meet him and take the decision from there. If I say no, who knows where he will end up

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's not that I'm incapable of caring for Clyde. I suppose I'm just overly worried something would happen to him. I think im going to have to meet him and take the decision from there. If I say no, who knows where he will end up

Maybe a geico commercial

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like the chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies, and the robin's eggs, and the little toy's that poop candy, and.....NOT peeps. Anything but peeps. Halloween candy is out already here. Chocolate covered almonds........................and jelly bean eggs.
Ok, salad for dinner. :rolleyes:

I've never been a huge fan of marshmallow, with one glorious exception: Mallomars. :D And yeah, Halloween starts the orgy of self-indulgence... then there's Thanksgiving... and of course christmas... then, new year's eve... we don't drink anymore, but gobble all the holiday goodies that are still littering the place: THE DIET BEGINS TOMORROW! :giggle:

I had Lean Cuisine chicken fettucine, with broccoli. Yum. :D I suspect that my love of broccoli, garlic, and tea, is the only reason I've survived all my excesses thus far. :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors