ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I had my youngest at 40. He was born in February and I turned 41 in October...just sayin' :p

Well if it happens it happens - but some females are doing really weird shit to make it happen. A shame when you consider there are children right here in the good old US of A in need of stable homes :(

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
140b570b840d03fcf066e960454dc195.jpg

Jeebus, ya scared me! I thought you was talking to ME. I just checked though, and she is still breathing.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two woemn at my work had their kids at almost 40. I couldn't imagine raising kids at that age. But, my mom did a GREAT job at keeping up with us when we were young. She had me at 36 and would ride her bike around the block with us. But I couldn't imagine having a kid in high school at 56!

Hey now! At least she is a Senior. We was only 35 when my 2nd wife and I had our 1st. We already had custody of my two sons, so I thought we were set. Surprise came at 40, and that's when I said enough of that, and went to the gunsmith. I adore em all, wish I could have a dozen more, but at 40, that's what I thought. I'll be SIXTY TWO when she is done with college. Yikes.

Good thing I've raised all my kids to know.. no college? OUT at 18. College? OUT when you get the diploma. Funny how when they KNOW they are going to have to be self sufficient, they rise to the challenge.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey now! At least she is a Senior. We was only 35 when my 2nd wife and I had our 1st. We already had custody of my two sons, so I thought we were set. Surprise came at 40, and that's when I said enough of that, and went to the gunsmith. I adore em all, wish I could have a dozen more, but at 40, that's what I thought. I'll be SIXTY TWO when she is done with college. Yikes.

Good thing I've raised all my kids to know.. no college? OUT at 18. College? OUT when you get the diploma. Funny how when they KNOW they are going to have to be self sufficient, they rise to the challenge.

The only logical way to go if you are sure

After 35, I was scared of downs syndrome and/or multiples

Once I hit 40 and had teenage girls in the house, was definitely congratulating myself on not also having young kids at home too

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Surprise came at 40, and that's when I said enough of that, and went to the gunsmith. I adore em all, wish I could have a dozen more, but at 40, that's what I thought. I'll be SIXTY TWO when she is done with college. Yikes.

I'll be 62 when my oldest grandson graduates college.....we started early-eer.......:vino:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll be 62 when my oldest grandson graduates college.....we started early-eer.......:vino:

Want to adopt a high school senior? You'll get smarm, no help around the house, an emotional rollercoaster and great criticism of everything you say and do! Think about it overnight?

Shoot, I forgot The Hook! 4 more years of outrageous expenses! and DONE!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Want to adopt a high school senior? You'll get smarm, no help around the house, an emotional rollercoaster and great criticism of everything you say and do! Think about it overnight?

Shoot, I forgot The Hook! 4 more years of outrageous expenses! and DONE!
hahaha....Mo....NO thank you sir...you'll have to finish your plate....:wave:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if it happens it happens - but some females are doing really weird shit to make it happen. A shame when you consider there are children right here in the good old US of A in need of stable homes :(
I got married the first time at 25. The hubby wanted me off birth control immediately. I had no problem with it. After a year on not conceiving my gyn was concerned and sent me for infertility tests. Did those and the only thing that showed up was a hormone imbalance so we started using progesterone. After 6 months and still no baby, he started me on Clomid. Still no baby. We finally said screw it and let it go. Divorced after 4 years. Along came husband #2. He had an accident with a sledgehammer when he was 19(and already had a son) and was told he'd never father a child. After being together for 4 years, married for 3, we were seriously considering adopting a friend's son. Decided it was something we would do and a month and a half later, I discovered I was pregnant with my first. I was 34. My friend backed out on the adoption of her son, I had my daughter. I stayed at home with her until she started kindergarten. I was looking forward to going back to work. My husband went on 3rd shift, we had sex one night in an entire month. At the end of June before school started in the fall, I found out I was pregnant again. This time with my son. I guess both times they were meant to be.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In some ways I am glad to not be able to father human children. I could but it would involve a highly intense, expensive, painful process that would not be any further guaranteed. Sperm would need forcibly removed from me, boosted and then inseminated. Everything works fine for me, merely that my sperm count is well lower than normal, it does not have enough 'oomf' to work the 'magic'.

Then, in other ways it kind of saddens me at times. Been told I would be a damn good 'daddy', not a father, but a daddy. :) As it is I love all my four legged and furry kids. I take a few minutes twice a day with each one for the feeding time, as well as sometimes going out to just be around them. Each one knows they're loved, knows daddy doesn't have favorites, daddy loves them all.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No kids for me either and at my age it's seems a little too late to start, but I did have a great time being a step-dad to two amazing boys who I still think of often even though I don't get to see them. Even if I never have my own I hope I made a positive influence in their life because their mother is a piece of work. So furry kids for me unless I meet a woman who already has children which I am going to try and avoid but dating at my age that is near impossible.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
She was putting underwear in people mailboxes....
Were they clean? :eek:
I had my youngest at 40. He was born in February and I turned 41 in October...just sayin' :p
Wow Lynn!!!! I had no idea. I have an aunt whose mom was 47 when she had her. Some people just live a long long time, and have kids later in life.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Were they clean? :eek:

Wow Lynn!!!! I had no idea. I have an aunt whose mom was 47 when she had her. Some people just live a long long time, and have kids later in life.
My grandmother was 41 when she had her youngest child, my mom's baby brother. There was 21 years difference between my mom and her youngest sibling. My brother was 3 years old when his uncle was born. :giggle:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My grandmother was 41 when she had her youngest child, my mom's baby brother. There was 21 years difference between my mom and her youngest sibling. My brother was 3 years old when his uncle was born. :giggle:

It was like that in my mom's family too -- she was the youngest; her oldest brother was 19 when she was born! One of my first cousins, Kay, who was my mom's niece, was born when my mom was about 12. :D I think another of her nieces was born when she was about 5! (her oldest brother's daughter).

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's and GFY!

Hope everyone had as great of a day as I did. Ex came by yesterday and we tied into it. Today she came by with my dog and said here ya go, he is yours! WOOOOT, got my pittie baby back :D

Yesterday told her I wanted her cell phone off my bill and once the insurance lapse she is on her own and also reminded her that Rascal my pit bull had his yearly check up next month and she better have $250 ready for the vet visit. Guess she decided she cant afford to keep him with all these extra bills that I am not going to pay for her :D

I love a happy ending :teehee:
Well, tell us how he acted when he saw you!!!!! Was it puppy jumps and spins????

Kodak

Member For 3 Years
The only logical way to go if you are sure

After 35, I was scared of downs syndrome and/or multiples

Once I hit 40 and had teenage girls in the house, was definitely congratulating myself on not also having young kids at home too

Amen!! I'm 42 now and my last girl is a senior in High School this year.....I'll be an empty nester by the time I'm 45 :D

My mom had my brother when she was 36 (I was 17)....Everyone assumed he was mine when we were out together lol.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amen!! I'm 42 now and my last girl is a senior in High School this year.....I'll be an empty nester by the time I'm 45 :D

My mom had my brother when she was 36 (I was 17)....Everyone assumed he was mine when we were out together lol.
When my kids were younger and we'd go out together, on at least 2 occasions with every trip, I'd get the inevitable "oh, you're shopping with your grandkids, how nice" to which I'd have to reply, no they're my kids. :rolleyes:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When my kids were younger and we'd go out together, on at least 2 occasions with every trip, I'd get the inevitable "oh, you're shopping with your grandkids, how nice" to which I'd have to reply, no they're my kids. :rolleyes:

ROFL!! That's almost like when I was sitting with my mom at the hospital during her last days -- naturally I wasn't "fixed up" AT ALL, as I considered my appearance totally insignificant in the face of her impending death -- one of the nurses came in and asked me if I was her sister; when I said "No, her daughter," he looked positively flummoxed!

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ROFL!! That's almost like when I was sitting with my mom at the hospital during her last days -- naturally I wasn't "fixed up" AT ALL, as I considered my appearance totally insignificant in the face of her impending death -- one of the nurses came in and asked me if I was her sister; when I said "No, her daughter," he looked positively flummoxed!

Andria
I guess I looked older than I felt!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugee's and GFY!

Hope everyone had as great of a day as I did. Ex came by yesterday and we tied into it. Today she came by with my dog and said here ya go, he is yours! WOOOOT, got my pittie baby back :D

Yesterday told her I wanted her cell phone off my bill and once the insurance lapse she is on her own and also reminded her that Rascal my pit bull had his yearly check up next month and she better have $250 ready for the vet visit. Guess she decided she cant afford to keep him with all these extra bills that I am not going to pay for her :D

I love a happy ending :teehee:
Awesome! Glad you got your dog back finally!

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
At that point, I felt about 1000 and probably looked it. :( Though of course, I also felt like the littlest baby girl, faced with the loss of my mother. I'm still having a very hard time believing it or coming to grips with it.

Andria
It's hard Andria. But, you'll get through it and things will get better. Promise. I still get depressed every once and a while over my mom, but most of the time, I remember the good times. It's amazing how when someone dies, through the years, you remember more of the good times, than the bad.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have a similar strategy planned if we ever get any :giggle::giggle::giggle:

When my oldest boy got his first nice place with real furniture, I went to see him. I walked in, opened his fridge, grabbed a beer and then went and jumped up and down on his nice sofa, then opened the beer.

I still have his text on my phone, when he moved and I asked if I could come by and jump on his couch. "Again?" was the only response. Pffft... like HE did it once.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don't want to be a grandma, but I WOULD like a grand baby. :( none on the horizon. I can't WAIT to spoil em rotten. They will NEVER believe when they hear what a dick I was...

Ahh, the "that's not my dad, that's an old person trying to get into heaven" strategy

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
With Thanksgiving a week away, I thought I'd set the mood with one of the best Thanksgiving themed TV clips of all time. As God is my witness...GFY everyone

That was totally hilarious - and a fond memory.

Back in the 80s when I lived in Austin, the radio news put out an alert just a few days before Thanksgiving announcing that a semi full of turkeys overturned on 35 and advised folks to come get a free turkey.

What they did not announce is that they were live turkeys and many jammed the freeway hoping to snag a free meal only to find you had to catch and slaughter yourself, hahaha

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not going above 22 mm diameter attys so it kinda limits me. And I have no use for over 100 watts.
Kinda found my comfrt place in vaping and do not expect to buy much more stuff.

Repeating a prediction I made months ago.
Around 50% of all vape retailers will shut down around the end of the year.

VU Sponsors