Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I should just go to the liquor store when they open in the morning and get a pint of everclear. That and a pair of pliers out to take care of it. :giggle:

Earlier this week I had a horrible tooth ache for about 3 days. I was getting about 3 hours sleep a night from it and in pain all day. My mom said to try swirling some whiskey around it. I was using Oragel and a few other things and swishing cold water around the tooth that was hurting but then I tried some scotch. Didnt have any whiskey on hand so scotch was it. It worked. I slept like 9 hours and woke up yesterday with no tooth ache at all.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Earlier this week I had a horrible tooth ache for about 3 days. I was getting about 3 hours sleep a night from it and in pain all day. My mom said to try swirling some whiskey around it. I was using Oragel and a few other things and swishing cold water around the tooth that was hurting but then I tried some scotch. Didnt have any whiskey on hand so scotch was it. It worked. I slept like 9 hours and woke up yesterday with no tooth ache at all.
Thanks! I don't have any whiskey or scotch. I am going to pick up some clove oil like Lucy suggested. If that don't work, whiskey will be next. I just can't like the taste of scotch.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm a bourbon gal :) My next door neighbor drank scotch by the gallons! :giggle:

Well if ya wanna get down to the nut cuttin, bourbon is a whiskey as well as scotch is a whiskey. They should both work well on a tooth ache. The main difference is scotch is made from fermented grains in scotland where as whiskey is made mainly from corn and bourbon needs to be at least %51 percent corn and made in America. :)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if ya wanna get down to the nut cuttin, bourbon is a whiskey as well as scotch is a whiskey. They should both work well on a tooth ache. The main difference is scotch is made from fermented grains in scotland where as whiskey is made mainly from corn and bourbon needs to be at least %51 percent corn and made in America. :)
Hmmm....would everclear work? I have a little bit here that I've used for soaking coils.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dang choppy. You really know your whiskey.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would that be poking, or tosting?
Someone would need to be spiking that Glass with Glen Black.....:drunk:

Ever wake up saying to yourself....WTF happened?

It ain't PRETTY.....:cry:

Oh, sorry to hear it! lots of B vitamins! :)
happened to me just a couple days ago. 1 beer and about 5oz. of Bourbon. Couldn't believe how bad I felt the next morning. I'm a piker sometimes!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Scotch is whiskey! Hell, they're the ones who invented whiskey!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have another suggestion, for that tooth, something that once worked for me, though I discovered it accidentally -- rub your hands over a balloon, or a cat, vigorously, till you build up a big static charge -- then VERY LIGHTLY, touch your face right over where the bad tooth is, lightly enough that all you touch are the fine hairs -- so the charge gets released. I had a really bad abscess at one point, couldn't get to sleep to save my life, and just barely touched my face like that, not realizing I had a static charge built up -- when that *zing* hit my face, it totally discombobulated the nerve, and the pain completely vanished. It's a short term fix, but it can let you get to sleep.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have another suggestion, for that tooth, something that once worked for me, though I discovered it accidentally -- rub your hands over a balloon, or a cat, vigorously, till you build up a big static charge -- then VERY LIGHTLY, touch your face right over where the bad tooth is, lightly enough that all you touch are the fine hairs -- so the charge gets released. I had a really bad abscess at one point, couldn't get to sleep to save my life, and just barely touched my face like that, not realizing I had a static charge built up -- when that *zing* hit my face, it totally discombobulated the nerve, and the pain completely vanished. It's a short term fix, but it can let you get to sleep.

Andria
Oh Good Gawd there's NO way I would zap myself!!!! That would scare the living tar outta me. :eek: !

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also, on that static-zap technique -- keep in mind, I'm female, so I have "fine hairs" on my face -- any men who wanna try this, try to have at least a day's worth of scruff on your face -- hairs conduct electric charge better than skin.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Heh, I just had to go out to the garage and open the door all the way, to let out a stupid bird who got in there, and was driving my cat WILD. :giggle: Really glad I heard her banging around in there before there was a mess of feathers to clean up! :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ohh they got her to take drugs and pretty much line her back out.
But she will not continue to take the drugs.

Sell and move I guess for me.

That's probably the only thing you can do at this point... move somewhere and not tell her where. That way she'll be the county's or the state's problem, so they'll HAVE to keep her.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's really sad though that you and your wife are forced to sell and move because of someone that just doesn't want to be part of society. :(

I don't think it's that she doesn't want to -- she's simply not capable; in a hospital, they can force her to take meds, but on her own... she's insane, so she takes a notion that she doesn't need them -- and thereby becomes more insane. The real problem is no longer having the ability to permanently commit someone who truly needs to be permanently committed. She would have to actually kill someone to get a life sentence. And that is simply not fair, to whoever she might kill and the loved ones of that person.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think it's that she doesn't want to -- she's simply not capable; in a hospital, they can force her to take meds, but on her own... she's insane, so she takes a notion that she doesn't need them -- and thereby becomes more insane. The real problem is no longer having the ability to permanently commit someone who truly needs to be permanently committed. She would have to actually kill someone to get a life sentence. And that is simply not fair, to whoever she might kill and the loved ones of that person.

Andria
Maybe they could invite her over and "spike" her food with her meds. Just a thought.

VU Sponsors