Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Past few days caught me off guard. Seems I'm passing kidney stones. Feel like I still have a few hung up. Know they'll pass, only time.

Wife fell outside last night. She was trying to find a couple of our dogs after we had let off some fireworks, tripped over a big rock. Her wrist got staved up but fortunately no fractures.

I tried putting her hair up today. "Sailor not able to braid, see now why you were let go," she told me. We laughed.

Been enjoying a single coil on a velocity v2 style deck.
Damn Morely....never passed a kidney stone, but I've seen grown men screaming in anguish.....:rolleyes:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Geez Morely, hope you feel better. I've heard passing those is as painful as childbirth. :eek:
I'm going back to bed and hopefully can fall asleep now.:bunny:

For men, I think it can be. Worst I've had was once when there was one "stuck" in my kidney... dear god that was agony; I thought I had a kidney infection -- but when I woke up the next day, pain was completely gone, so I guess it moved, passed, whatever. But for women, passing them is no real biggie, it kinda feels like you're peeing a sharp rock or something -- 1/2" long urethra, vs. however many inches a man's is. My husband is prone to them.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For men, I think it can be. Worst I've had was once when there was one "stuck" in my kidney... dear god that was agony; I thought I had a kidney infection -- but when I woke up the next day, pain was completely gone, so I guess it moved, passed, whatever. But for women, passing them is no real biggie, it kinda feels like you're peeing a sharp rock or something -- 1/2" long urethra, vs. however many inches a man's is. My husband is prone to them.

Andria
Ahh once they get to the bladder no real problem. It is when they block the tube between the kidney and bladder when the fun begins.

You can be so messed up on morphine that you don't know where you are but you still hurt like hell.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Speaking of squealing like a pig....I watched Deliverance last night......:giggle:

37a390b3cc989c82bc9d882719461c1c.jpg

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
I really hope I don't EVER get one. I'd rather be pleasantly ignorant on that subject.:oops:
Ok, good night to all.............yet again. :bliss:

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahh once they get to the bladder no real problem. It is when they block the tube between the kidney and bladder when the fun begins.

You can be so messed up on morphine that you don't know where you are but you still hurt like hell.
Yep, just had one of those. Stayed in there for a week, blocked for three days, like you have a water balloon full of pain in your lower back. I forego medication, can't stand not being clear headed, but can certainly appreciate why someone else would want just about anything. I've also had women, who have given birth, and have had stones like that, tell me that they'd rather give birth.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, just had one of those. Stayed in there for a week, blocked for three days, like you have a water balloon full of pain in your lower back. I forego medication, can't stand not being clear headed, but can certainly appreciate why someone else would want just about anything. I've also had women, who have given birth, and have had stones like that, tell me that they'd rather give birth.
Yep same here.
Passed about 6 or so. Some fairly minor some major.
Women are designed to have babies. No one is designed to have a kidney stone.

with one my kidney was hemorrhaging before it passed.
Peed blood for a week.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yep same here.
Passed about 6 or so. Some fairly minor some major.
Women are designed to have babies. No one is designed to have a kidney stone.

with one my kidney was hemorrhaging before it passed.
Peed blood for a week.

That'd take your mind off the old Wanko for awhile

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ohh you have no idea.
Once a full blockage sets in it feels like you just got kneed in the nuts and does not let up.
Wet with sweat and no fever.
Most throw up and such.
Agreed, no one who hasn't had one could ever empathize. My best friend, we've known each other since kindergarten, gets them very frequently. His father got them so bad that his kidneys would swell, affecting his adrenals, and his heart would race over 200bpm. He was diagnosed with cardiac arrest more than once due to his stones.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn Morely....never passed a kidney stone, but I've seen grown men screaming in anguish.....:rolleyes:

Been rather pleasant. ( Lots of sarcasm there.)

Think most have made it from kidneys to bladder fine. One seems presently hung in low left abdomen, near groin. Drinking plenty of water & now water with lemon juice in hopes to break up any calcium in them.

While back I had a case of blood in urine. It was not pin pointed as kidney stones then. Some looking recently suggests that it might have been a missed sign.

Well, think I'm going to enjoy an opioid slumber. Nitol.

Last edited:

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been rather pleasant. ( Lots of sarcasm there.)

Think most have made it from kidneys to bladder fine. One seems presently hung in low left abdomen, near groin. Drinking plenty of water & now water with lemon juice in hopes to break up any calcium in them.

While back I had a case of blood in urine. It was not pin pointed as kidney stones then. Some looking recently suggests that it might have been a missed sign.

Well, think I'm going to enjoy an opioid slumber. Nitol.

I think maybe Pomegranate juice SMASHES kidney stones, and alcohol then dissolves the remnants*. Damn, I am sure your malady is painful, and I hope it... uh... passes quickly.

*not actual science. Based solely on my own personal observation that I drink a LOT of pomegranate vodka martini's, and have never had a kidney stone.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think maybe Pomegranate juice SMASHES kidney stones, and alcohol then dissolves the remnants*. Damn, I am sure your malady is painful, and I hope it... uh... passes quickly.

*not actual science. Based solely on my own personal observation that I drink a LOT of pomegranate vodka martini's, and have never had a kidney stone.

Actual alcohol never enters the kidneys. By the time the liver passes the metabolized alcohol to the kidneys, it is essentially vinegar... which might dissolve kidney stones, but i don't know for sure that it does. I've always heard those with stones advised to drink copious amounts of water, and of course drinking alcohol would decrease the amount of water available to the kidneys, since alcohol displaces water.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Quiet tonight, with all the sickies. Feel better, all y'all. Can't be having all these under-the-weather fugees, we have a reputation of depravity and weirdness to uphold. :devil::crazy::sneaka::zombie::bingo:

I think I'm having vapemail withdrawal. Is there a 12step group for vapemail addiction?

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quiet tonight, with all the sickies. Feel better, all y'all. Can't be having all these under-the-weather fugees, we have a reputation of depravity and weirdness to uphold. :devil::crazy::sneaka::zombie::bingo:

I think I'm having vapemail withdrawal. Is there a 12step group for vapemail addiction?

Andria
There not currently being much vape stuff I want helps with my vapemail addiction.
I ordered a small order from FT a couple of days ago. Drip tips and such. Found some Teflon drip tips I like.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nothing much new on the market that interests me...
Not interested in anything over 22 mm..
And the market seems to think bigger is better....

Same for me. The only thing I really want is more Achilles, the original clones, but they ain't available. *sigh* I think a 24 or 25mm atty would look ok on my CF4-TC-18650's, but not on any of my other mods.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There not currently being much vape stuff I want helps with my vapemail addiction.
I ordered a small order from FT a couple of days ago. Drip tips and such. Found some Teflon drip tips I like.

I need to look over my flavors and determine if, or when, I need to order any flavors or whatever. I had planned on getting some more 1ml syringes and never did, in the run-up to 8/8. And I might try some blueberry muffin from heather's heavenly vapes; it looks like they're still offering the PG/VG customizations, so I could get 80% PG, same as I got from sweet-vapes. And when I clicked "add to cart," it didn't say a single word about sending in some ID or whatever.

Andria

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I need to look over my flavors and determine if, or when, I need to order any flavors or whatever. I had planned on getting some more 1ml syringes and never did, in the run-up to 8/8. And I might try some blueberry muffin from heather's heavenly vapes; it looks like they're still offering the PG/VG customizations, so I could get 80% PG, same as I got from sweet-vapes. And when I clicked "add to cart," it didn't say a single word about sending in some ID or whatever.

Andria
I ordered some coils from Sweet=Vapes I got yesterday, said they wernt using the BlueCheck or w/e! Didn't get ID'd ....

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning head call left me with less pain. :) I'll get critters fed and try mowing F.I.L yard with weed eater this morning prior to it getting too hot outside. *hugs everyone*

@Robert Cromwell - Mine is from both kidneys, unfortunately. Think it is simply par for course of growing older in my case. Also the lemon juice water helped, twenty drops of lemon juice in a 20 ounce bottle of water. I like Mist Twist, or 7Up having never developed an affinity to Mountain Dew despite nearly everyone around doing so.

@Moueix - As the Southern Baptist preacher from my Mimmy's church was found of saying, "all comes to pass, and this to will pass." I might be a bit cranky from some discomfort, pain, but sure this too will run its course and finish out. Giving you a hint about the pain, I'm a masochist and I took an opioid last night to help ease the pain. Ha! Might as well not have taken a thing. The pain kept me up most of the night and not in an enjoyable manner.

Not yet been in screaming out loud pain. Perhaps, because I've a high pain threshold. Perhaps, I'm too dumb. Rather not have that much pain to find out either way. Bad enough as it is / has been.

Well y'all run 'er slow. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
freak or voodoo?

gris gris is a Cajun/**** ass curse and yes it has its roots in voodoo. To break the curse a four clawed crawfish is needed. They are much more rare than a four leaf clover.

No shit story, I seen a guy at work put the gris gris on a supervisor once including holding a nostril while spitting sideways. Next thing we knew we are hearing about this supervisor being rushed to the ER and having 4 inches of colon cut out. He was forever known as half ass since then.

VU Sponsors