Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a shame - my girls are the best. Trust me, they do know how to have a good time, lol
I guess it's because she's very introverted and my son and I are both extroverts. And she's always been like that. She has a single minded way about her whereas Colton and I are more which ever way the wind blows types of people. And don't get me wrong...I can have a good time with her to a point. I just have more fun with my son.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That is the first time I've heard of a shooting range at a high school.

Guess AK is a fantastic location to raise children...:hearts::confetti::stars2:

There are many values that are easier to pass on to your children here than elsewhere in my experience.

Personal freedoms guaranteed under the US Constitution are important to me - ALL of them

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One of the funniest things that happened today, as long and drawn out as it was.... when the sales guy was pointing out the built-in USB connectors in the console, he says "you can get USB cables at any Walmart." My husband and I looked at each other and just about died laughing. I've got more USB cables than I've got fingers, I'm pretty sure. :giggle:

Thx, vaping. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess it's because she's very introverted and my son and I are both extroverts. And she's always been like that. She has a single minded way about her whereas Colton and I are more which ever way the wind blows types of people. And don't get me wrong...I can have a good time with her to a point. I just have more fun with my son.

The main things my son and I have in common are our love of books, ALL books, ANY books, and even the genres we both enjoy... and our sense of humor -- love of the totally absurd. He can crack me up with a single look. :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The main things my son and I have in common are our love of books, ALL books, ANY books, and even the genres we both enjoy... and our sense of humor -- love of the totally absurd. He can crack me up with a single look. :giggle:

Andria

Youngest is like me: liked the book better.

Eldest is like father: likes the movie better because there is NO READING

Both have a highly developed sense of warped humor, an eye for color, are highly independent and can drink any man under the table, lol

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, I haven't been here all day, for a very good reason: hanging out at the Chevy dealership ALL FUCKING DAY LONG. And we stuck to our guns on what we could afford... and they fucking did it!!! We got a 2016 Silverado, VERY gently used -- only < 3600 miles... for the payment we told them was the max we could afford. Goes to show you... don't let 'em push you around, and if they want to make the sale badly enough, they'll meet your figure.

View attachment 68924

:)
Andria
Wow that's beautiful Andria! Congrats!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow that's beautiful Andria! Congrats!

Thx! :) I'm sitting here perusing the manual -- this thing has more bells and whistles than my damn smartphone! :giggle: But as I pointed out to my husband.. if he wants me to learn it so I can teach him, I need the actual truck. But we worked it out; he'll come home for lunch tomorrow, so I can keep the truck in the afternoon so I can play with it and learn it. I didn't wanna do that today, because it's raining. :giggle:

The truck is equipped with a wi-fi hotspot, but after the 3 month trial, I suspect that won't be active unless we keep up the subscription to OnStar. Not sure it's worth it, since my phone has 4G LTE, and I never even come close to my 1GB a month, and my husband has unlimited data since his phone is provided by his work.

Andria

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes nice truck! I am jealous. lol We will need a truck soon...

Does it count if I googled vaping forums and looked at rules. Viewed VU first and some posts and rules and knew already where I would sign, then looked at ECF rules and was like the lizard in this vid?:

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Does it count if I googled vaping forums, looked at rules, viewed VU first and some posts and rules and knew already where I would sign, then looked at ECF rules and was like the lizard in this vid?:

Love it!!!
Welcome Bugalien. Hey Croms, we have a new alien!!! Woohoooooooooo!
You got me a pwesant ?!?

Thanks, Atcha...and GFY
Why yes. This lovely quote. hehehehe
upload_2016-12-13_10-3-27.png

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and GFY

ent to the dentist yesterday and they pulled two teeth or maybe I should say a tooth and a half :D The one that was bothering me is gone and behind it was one that years ago became paper thin and shattered. Never messed with it but the roots was still there and the dentist claimed it would give me problems so it had to come out too. I really didnt see it, been that way for 7 or 8 years with no problems bu as long as I was there, what the hell. $450 later no more toot ache :)

@chopdoc ...Doc...in regard to your peach jooce, do you add anything else, something to sweeten it up a lil?

I tried the 3% FW peach and 1% FA white peach, seems like it's missing something.

Explain it like I'm 2 yrs old...this mixing stuff is new for me.......:cuss2::gaah:

You could add a drop or two off sweetener to it, that is up to you. I love it just the way it is.

Ok, I haven't been here all day, for a very good reason: hanging out at the Chevy dealership ALL FUCKING DAY LONG. And we stuck to our guns on what we could afford... and they fucking did it!!! We got a 2016 Silverado, VERY gently used -- only < 3600 miles... for the payment we told them was the max we could afford. Goes to show you... don't let 'em push you around, and if they want to make the sale badly enough, they'll meet your figure.

View attachment 68924

:)
Andria

Very nice Andria, Congrats on the new ride!!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Does it count if I googled vaping forums and looked at rules. Viewed VU first and some posts and rules and knew already where I would sign, then looked at ECF rules and was like the lizard in this vid?:

Good choice! :giggle:

This is our third Silverado. First one was also white, but just a basic work truck; that's all we could afford at the time, but at least it had working AC, which is a MUST in GA. It was also my husband's intro to how great Chevys can be; the Silverado is definitely a winner for Chevrolet. He was always a Ford man, before that one. They tried to interest us in a Ford yesterday, and I saw my husband's ears prick up... until they said it was black. Much too damn hot, in this climate -- I found a black car intolerable in fucking MICHIGAN, I just ain't going there, here in GA. :D

We traded the first Silverado for this one, in 2012:
2009silverado.jpg

That's the one we traded yesterday; a 2009, and it was a terrific, awesome truck, but we got a thing in the mail from the local dealership where we bought it, and thought we'd see what they might do for us. We were at the point where we figured we'd be walking out without a new truck, but the sales mgr finally came back and said he had robbed Peter to pay Paul, then robbed Paul too, to get us the kind of price that would permit a low enough payment -- they gave us almost $11k in trade-in value, no doubt helped along by the nearly-new tires, and lack of cigarette funk inside. :) Then he was able to persuade some bank to give us a favorable interest rate, thanks to our good credit, so we got the payment we wanted. :)

The only thing the new one lacks is the step-up bars, so we may add those at some point; my husband says it would be an expensive addition, but he's short and I'm only 5'6", so getting into the thing isn't too easy, without the step-up.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i just went googling for those step-up bars... Apparently they're called "Nerf Bars", and I found a good price on some that are highly recommended, Westin E-Series Nerf bars... $175, free shipping, and they're self-installable, come with the proper hardware. I'm pleased to find that they're not prohibitively expensive; sometime when he's got a lot of OT on a check, we could definitely get those!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i just went googling for those step-up bars... Apparently they're called "Nerf Bars", and I found a good price on some that are highly recommended, Westin E-Series Nerf bars... $175, free shipping, and they're self-installable, come with the proper hardware. I'm pleased to find that they're not prohibitively expensive; sometime when he's got a lot of OT on a check, we could definitely get those!

Andria
Sometimes I wish my truck didn't have those bars. They get mud splattered (I live off a dirt road) and I can't use them anyway when covered in mud. :rolleyes:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes I wish my truck didn't have those bars. They get mud splattered (I live off a dirt road) and I can't use them anyway when covered in mud. :rolleyes:

Well, I can grab the inner grab bar and the door handle, put my right foot up on the floorboard, and hoist myself up... but it's not easy by any means, and if my stepfather or my aunt needed to ride with us for some reason, there's no way in hell either of them could do that. And getting into the driver's side would be even more difficult; the steering wheel will tilt, but both my husband and myself gets very annoyed at having the perfect tilt altered in any way. It's fortunate that he and I are close to the same size, we don't need to change any of the seat or wheel settings, and the rear-view mirror only slightly; he just puts a pillow at the small of his back, since he has shorter legs. It's very tiresome to share a vehicle with someone of a much different size! :giggle:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I can grab the inner grab bar and the door handle, put my right foot up on the floorboard, and hoist myself up... but it's not easy by any means, and if my stepfather or my aunt needed to ride with us for some reason, there's no way in hell either of them could do that. And getting into the driver's side would be even more difficult; the steering wheel will tilt, but both my husband and myself gets very annoyed at having the perfect tilt altered in any way. It's fortunate that he and I are close to the same size, we don't need to change any of the seat or wheel settings, and the rear-view mirror only slightly; he just puts a pillow at the small of his back, since he has shorter legs. It's very tiresome to share a vehicle with someone of a much different size! :giggle:

Andria
My mom couldn't get into my truck (the last one) either. I had to buy one of those little step stool things.
I know what you mean about the steering wheel tilt. That's annoying trying to figure out how to put it back the way you had it. Along with the seat changes.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Andria

Oooh, I know what you mean.

My Mr is a foot taller than me and is over 100 pounds heavier. PITA for both of us.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oooh, I know what you mean.

My Mr is a foot taller than me and is over 100 pounds heavier. PITA for both of us.

My parents had only a 3" difference in height, and fussed about wheel/seat changes constantly, when my mom was still able to drive; my ex and I had a similar height difference, and same story. But with the guy I'm married to now, heck, back when I was skinny, he used to get my cast-off jeans -- he'd have to cut them off about half a foot, but they fit otherwise. :D But that's been at least 25 yrs, a child, and many beers and mashed potatoes ago. :giggle:

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All the fugees have a nice day?

It was beautiful in the greater Phoenix area, about 75 degrees, sunny as usual....couldn't ask for better weather. Guess the winters make the summers worth staying......:popcorn:

Wonder where the heck Moo has been...prolly took the bike to Key West, basking in the sun, eatin like a king..:vino:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am so annoyed. I was trying to catch up on this season of Big Bang Theory, and I have managed to see every episode between 1-6, between OnDemand, CBS online, and youtube. But I cannot find episode 7 anywhere. It's not OnDemand, on CBS online, they say it requires a subscription, and they're offering 1 week free, but their signup process doesn't work, and its' not on youtube at all. :headbang:

Guess I'll have to just skip it, ep 8 is OnDemand. Buttheads!!!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Russia bought the rights to episode 7.

Was watching the news earlier and it was reported that the missing episode 7 was hacked by the Russians and will be released on Wiki leaks later. When the CIA was questioned on what proof they had that the Russians hacked episode 7 they replied that the white house and the clinton foundation declared it was so and that is all the proof they needed. Film at 11 :giggle:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was watching the news earlier and it was reported that the missing episode 7 was hacked by the Russians and will be released on Wiki leaks later. When the CIA was questioned on what proof they had that the Russians hacked episode 7 they replied that the white house and the clinton foundation declared it was so and that is all the proof they needed. Film at 11 :giggle:
Whoops...didn't see your post Doc, was thinking the same thing......:giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am so annoyed. I was trying to catch up on this season of Big Bang Theory, and I have managed to see every episode between 1-6, between OnDemand, CBS online, and youtube. But I cannot find episode 7 anywhere. It's not OnDemand, on CBS online, they say it requires a subscription, and they're offering 1 week free, but their signup process doesn't work, and its' not on youtube at all. :headbang:

Guess I'll have to just skip it, ep 8 is OnDemand. Buttheads!!!

Andria

I think the Russians hacked that episode.

Obviously Moo has it!!!

Think he'll resurface if I announce a weenie roast?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Buncha meanies. I am injured, I tell ya! :sad: My favorite silly comedy in many years!

But I went on to Ep 8 and Ep 9; Ep 10 is also OnDemand, but my husband went to bed, and I didn't think my belly laughs, chuckles, and guffaws were very conducive to good sleep. :D So I'll watch ep 10 tomorrow or Thursday. One more thing I despise about this ridiculous merry fucking hoho season: total dearth of our usual shows to watch.

Andria

VU Sponsors