Member For 5 Years
With all this sugar and sweetness here my teeth hurt! :devil:
Sorry. See if this helps.

d8221dc68c458118d941d2ec892a5893.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can't believe I actually have the a/c on.

Bahahahaha!!!
I have the wood stove going to the point that our interior feels like a kiln, or blast furnace. Doing it as a tribute for all the Paps, Grandpas, Paw Paws who are now on to the next level. :) I had four of them and was groomed to be the patriarch of three households by them. It was something which offered me a lot of humility, something I never chose yet had chosen for me. Then, here I am now and it seems I'm not even able to be anything even for one household. *sigh & smh* "Well, piss ..."

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm a bit annoyed at the moment. I was looking forward to starting this week because I knew I'd be off next weekend due to inventory. Got told tonight we'd probably be working because the orders were so far behind. :cuss2: So I said that's ok, next week will be a 4 day week because of Christmas. The notice on the board for the last 2 months has said that production would cease on the 22nd because the 23rd will be used as a holiday(that I don't get paid for being a temp) and the company would be shut down until Jan 2. Tonight they say well, the orders are behind so certain cells( one of which I feed) will operate starting the 26th(which is another holiday that I don't get paid for). I looked at the group leader and said you've got to be effing kidding me?? I'm not working those days!! I made plans and nobody is going to change them this time. I'll just look for another job after Jan 2. The company can just go and eff themselves. :gaah::headbang:

Shew...I feel so much better!! :bunny:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I'm a bit annoyed at the moment. I was looking forward to starting this week because I knew I'd be off next weekend due to inventory. Got told tonight we'd probably be working because the orders were so far behind. :cuss2: So I said that's ok, next week will be a 4 day week because of Christmas. The notice on the board for the last 2 months has said that production would cease on the 22nd because the 23rd will be used as a holiday(that I don't get paid for being a temp) and the company would be shut down until Jan 2. Tonight they say well, the orders are behind so certain cells( one of which I feed) will operate starting the 26th(which is another holiday that I don't get paid for). I looked at the group leader and said you've got to be effing kidding me?? I'm not working those days!! I made plans and nobody is going to change them this time. I'll just look for another job after Jan 2. The company can just go and eff themselves. :gaah::headbang:

Lynn....what the hell is that company selling-making which is selling like hotcakes?

Whatever it is, they must me making a small fortune!

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lynn....what the hell is that company selling-making which is selling like hotcakes?

Whatever it is, they must me making a small fortune!
Half shafts for cars. The thing is, they have piss poor management. You come in to work only to find out there's no parts to work with. Or you come in, have parts and they shut you down to go and work in another cell because they have people who call out because they're tired of working 7 days. Do you see how orders get behind? They need to fire everyone in upper management and start all over. ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Half shafts for cars. The thing is, they have piss poor management. You come in to work only to find out there's no parts to work with. Or you come in, have parts and they shut you down to go and work in another cell because they have people who call out because they're tired of working 7 days. Do you see how orders get behind? They need to fire everyone in upper management and start all over. ;)
What is a half shaft?....drive shaft?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is a LOT of that going around - PISS poor management....it's like an epidemic.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I thought we just recently got the news that you had already been hired permanently?

Sounds like the doofuses who do the ordering at my local Walmart and Kroger. Totally inept. Supposedly Point-Of-Sale inventory control systems were conceived to alleviate problems like idiots in charge of ordering, but nooooooooooo............... :facepalm:

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought we just recently got the news that you had already been hired permanently?

Sounds like the doofuses who do the ordering at my local Walmart and Kroger. Totally inept. Supposedly Point-Of-Sale inventory control systems were conceived to alleviate problems like idiots in charge of ordering, but nooooooooooo............... :facepalm:

Andria
No..I got the paperwork to become permanent. I turn in the paperwork, they do a background check, do a drug screen and then I'm permanent.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thought you were getting hired in this week?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Things to not ask when facing adversities

"Why me?"

Well, you obviously needed to learn something. Nature, Life, the Cosmos, Providence are all the most excellent teachers and often arrange adversities as lessons for you, in short because you asked for it.

"What next?"

You don't want to know. Don't ask. If you do ask then, you better expect whatever it is to be twice as nasty and come at you hard and fast.

"When will it end?"

You will not care. It only ends when you cease living and the dead have no concerns of the living, ergo you won't care when it ends, you'll be dead.

"Why is life unfair?"

Unfair as opposed to what comparison? Life does not need to be fair or unfair, it simply offers the being the IS, it is what is. Most of us don't have anything to compare it to, either. What exactly is fair, anyway? Who says?

"Can somebody/something save me?"

Walk into your bathroom and look into the little window over the vanity sink. There's someone in that window that'll save you. By the way it's not a window but a mirror. Say hello to yourself. Remember, you asked for it.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Things to not ask when facing adversities

"Why me?"

I've found that the best answer to this is 'Why NOT me?"

One that I often ask is "What did I do to deserve this?" NOT because I don't think I deserve it -- I really want to know what action brought about this particular set of circumstances, so I can avoid doing that particular action ever again!

Unfortunately, I have learned that often the chief cause of pain is... love. If you love someone, you care what happens to them. If they get in trouble, get hurt, get sick, or god forbid, die... it's gonna hurt. No way to avoid it. But a life without love is just not worth living at all, so the bitter must be taken with the sweet.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've found that the best answer to this is 'Why NOT me?"

One that I often ask is "What did I do to deserve this?" NOT because I don't think I deserve it -- I really want to know what action brought about this particular set of circumstances, so I can avoid doing that particular action ever again!

Unfortunately, I have learned that often the chief cause of pain is... love. If you love someone, you care what happens to them. If they get in trouble, get hurt, get sick, or god forbid, die... it's gonna hurt. No way to avoid it. But a life without love is just not worth living at all, so the bitter must be taken with the sweet.

Andria
Very well said Andria.

VU Sponsors