Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine were pulled normally. I'd have had sufficient room for them, oddly enough, but they were decayed once they were fully grown in, so they had to go. Didn't cause me anymore distress than any other extraction.

Andria
All 4 of mine came in fine. I still have the other 3. But I was in the dentist office for 2 hours before she finally got that tooth out. And a crown with it.
I hope the rest of 2017 isn't like the beginning.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
How did they fix it? It's been 9 days now and I shouldn't be in pain anymore. :sad:

He had two or three that just had to work their way out - but his weren't all infected like your one was

Usually dentists make you take antibiotics and want your mouth healthy before extracting - surprised they did yours that way actually

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Atcha, I'm sorry you're still having trouble with that tooth!

I'm the odd person here...don't say it cause I know you're thinking it but I like cranberry...sauce and juice. Homemade cranberry sauce is actually what helped me to quit smoking cold turkey back in 1998. My brother made homemade cranberry sauce for thanksgiving and I brought some home. Whenever I'd have a craving, I'd eat a spoonful of that sauce and the craving would disappear.
I like cranberry sauce too, and juice. So you aren't alone.

Which brings up another point, most of the people who don't like cranberry say it's because of the tartness. So what about rhubarb? My favorite pie in the world is strawberry rhubarb. So do the people who hate cranberries also hate rhubarb? Just wondering.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like cranberry sauce too, and juice. So you aren't alone.

Which brings up another point, most of the people who don't like cranberry say it's because of the tartness. So what about rhubarb? My favorite pie in the world is strawberry rhubarb. So do the people who hate cranberries also hate rhubarb? Just wondering.
I LOVE strawberry rhubarb pie too. And strawberry rhubarb crumble too. Drool...

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess it is more of a northern crop.
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAlJAAAAJDA0MmE4YjlhLWZjM2QtNDg3Zi05ZTZkLTZlYjE4NmY5YTk0MQ.jpg

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never seen it, and certainly never tasted it... barely even heard of it. But why would anyone mess up strawberry pie with it? All strawberry pie needs is a mountain of whipped cream.

Andria
I think it started because rhubarb pie was a bit too tart so someone decided to add strawberries to sweeten it a bit.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Love rhubarb pie. havent had it since a kid but we grew it and my dad use to make pies from it.

Lil boy Rascal fell asleep watching his hero Scooby so I changed it back to the game. Holy fuck is all I can say. What an ending!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Love rhubarb pie. havent had it since a kid but we grew it and my dad use to make pies from it.

Lil boy Rascal fell asleep watching his hero Scooby so I changed it back to the game. Holy fuck is all I can say. What an ending!

Yeah the Falcons reverted to their usual mode: play like crazy for 2-3 quarters... then just fucking go to sleep. Assholes!

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the Brady haters because he is friends with Trump are cussing now :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
What has amazed me is reading on Facebook if the Patriots cheated or not. That was one of the best played games as far as sportsmanship that I've seen in a while. No fights, almost fights etc. The refs missed a few face mask grabs on both sides but that's always going to be the case.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
He had two or three that just had to work their way out - but his weren't all infected like your one was

Usually dentists make you take antibiotics and want your mouth healthy before extracting - surprised they did yours that way actually
Yeah. I was surprised too. Thanks Lucy. I'm hoping I don't have to endure weeks of this. I'm missing my crunchy veggies and tomatoes lol.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never had a problem trying and eating new and unfamiliar foods. I was invited to a good friend's house for dinner years ago. When I got there, he was frying what looked like chunks of chicken. We(there were 6 of us) sat down to eat, totally pigged out on those "chicken chunks" only to be told that we were eating rattlesnake. It was delicious. I've also had alligator, bear and beaver. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From Wiki.
Also I have has sasafras tea. The olden day Saspirili was sasafras based too.

The leaves, bark, twigs, stems, and fruits are eaten by birds and mammals in small quantities. For most animals, Sassafras is not consumed in large enough quantities to be important, although it is an important deer food in some areas. Carey and Gill rate its value to wildlife as fair, their lowest rating. Sassafras leaves and twigs are consumed by white-tailed deer and porcupines. Other sassafras leaf browsers include groundhogs, marsh rabbits, and American black bears. Rabbits eat sassafras bark in winter. American beavers will cut sassafras stems. Sassafras fruits are eaten by many species of birds, including bobwhite quail, eastern kingbirds, great crested flycatchers, phoebes, wild turkeys, gray catbirds, northern flickers, pileated woodpeckers, downy woodpeckers, thrushes, vireos, and northern mockingbirds. Some small mammals also consume sassafras fruits.[15]

Also from Wiki.
Unlike sassafras roots and bark, the tree's leaves (from which filé is produced), do not contain a detectable amount of safrole.[13] This is significant because in 1960, the FDA banned the use of sassafras oil and safrole in commercially mass-produced foods and drugs based on the animal studies and human case reports suggesting safrole is a carcinogen.[14]

So file is not carcinogenic. Neither is poisonous.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never had a problem trying and eating new and unfamiliar foods. I was invited to a good friend's house for dinner years ago. When I got there, he was frying what looked like chunks of chicken. We(there were 6 of us) sat down to eat, totally pigged out on those "chicken chunks" only to be told that we were eating rattlesnake. It was delicious. I've also had alligator, bear and beaver. :)
I've only ever eaten one of those things...

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had eel with the eyes still in. Nutra rat, gator, rattlesnake, frog legs(I caught um hehehehe), squid, squirrel (coincidence Kadly?). I'm pickier now that I'm older.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin'. Yeah I know it's long past morning. :D Ask me if I care. Got laundry to do, which is BOUND to make me just leap out of bed. NOT. :giggle:

The cat can't go out, it's supposed to rain later, so I figured it was kinder to her if I got up late. But she was sitting there waiting outside my door when I opened it. :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors