Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' fuggers. My AM insomnia kicked in again, because I set my alarm clock, so naturally I woke up 2 hrs before it went off. :facepalm: I keep waiting for the lil guys with scissors to show up. Thank you, Mr King!

Last 2 comments make me so glad I vape just one flavor... from a never-leaking Achilles. :)

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mornin' fuggers. My AM insomnia kicked in again, because I set my alarm clock, so naturally I woke up 2 hrs before it went off. :facepalm: I keep waiting for the lil guys with scissors to show up. Thank you, Mr King!

Last 2 comments make me so glad I vape just one flavor... from a never-leaking Achilles. :)

Andria
Morning Andria! It seems weird to say that to you. I'm going to make it a priority to build this tank so it doesn't leak. I love the flavor I'm getting from it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I hate this morning insomnia almost worse than the nighttime variety. I'll get up to tinkle as I normally do around 7... then can't go back to sleep. :headbang: But I thought I would FINALLY get around to doing my haircolor today, so at least this way I know I'll have plenty of time this afternoon. Maybe I can catch a lil catnap later.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Heh.. just saw a video on weather.com about the new snowstorm Niko, labelled "20 inches in 24 hours." Shit, I once saw it snow 20 inches in 90 minutes, in Michigan!

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I hate this morning insomnia almost worse than the nighttime variety. I'll get up to tinkle as I normally do around 7... then can't go back to sleep. :headbang: But I thought I would FINALLY get around to doing my haircolor today, so at least this way I know I'll have plenty of time this afternoon. Maybe I can catch a lil catnap later.

Andria
I just couldn't settle down last night. I'd think I couldn't fall asleep even after using all the tricks that I've used before. Then I'd suddenly wake up, look at the clock only to find that an hour or 2 had passed. I guess I was sleeping but it was restless sleep. :headbang: A nap before I go to work is in my future. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just couldn't settle down last night. I'd think I couldn't fall asleep even after using all the tricks that I've used before. Then I'd suddenly wake up, look at the clock only to find that an hour or 2 had passed. I guess I was sleeping but it was restless sleep. :headbang: A nap before I go to work is in my future. :)

That kind of sleep sucks, when you think you aren't sleeping at all. I get that if I take sudafed too close to bedtime, so I've learned, if I really need a decongestant and it's late, I use the ones that are safe for my husband's hypertension, they don't keep me awake.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

When that happens I will take a Xanax. Sleep like the dead then :p

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Morning fugee's and GFY :)

I hate it when I fill a tank with the wrong juice. :xD:

Mornin Chop..morning fugees...
I hate when I fill a tank and overnight it leaks the entire damn tank out.

That is an inauspicious start to Friday - no need for you two to GFY - you are already fucked

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had that happen with my Merlins. With the Supertanks I love I had yet to have that happen.
This is an Aromamizer V2 RTDA. I watched a YT video put out by Steamcrave but the guy used cotton and I don't like cotton. But I guess I'll have to suck it up if I don't want to continue having pools of eliquid on my bedside table all the time.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No Xanax here. :( And I can't take the OTC sleep stuff. When I do I'm like this...:bliss::bliss::bunny::bunny::bunny::giggle:

That's exactly why I prefer dramamine to benadryl, for sleep... benadryl just puts me in a "hyper fog"... dramamine makes my eyelids heavy.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Andria!!! I've never considered Dramamine. Gonna pick some up today. :) :) :)

It's a milder, heavy-eyed feeling, more like *real* sleepiness... instead of being hit in the head with a ballpeen hammer after 6 shots of espresso. :D But, it really only works if you're actually tired, kinda like melatonin... if you're really not tired or its not your regular bedtime, it just makes ya kinda foggy.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a milder, heavy-eyed feeling, more like *real* sleepiness... instead of being hit in the head with a ballpeen hammer after 6 shots of espresso. :D But, it really only works if you're actually tired, kinda like melatonin... if you're really not tired or its not your regular bedtime, it just makes ya kinda foggy.

Andria
I used to take Dramamine all the time for occasional bouts of vertigo. The doctor prescribed meclizine but when insurance went bye bye, the doctor said that Dramamine would work just as well. It's worth a shot!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used to take Dramamine all the time for occasional bouts of vertigo. The doctor prescribed meclizine but when insurance went bye bye, the doctor said that Dramamine would work just as well. It's worth a shot!

You can find meclizine OTC now, there's a "non-drowsy" brand of dramamine that uses that -- but since i take it for sleeping pills, I just buy generic dramamine ("motion sickness pills") at walmart, much cheaper that way. My grandmother took them for vertigo too, she called them her "swimmy head pills." :D

And for nausea, a combo of one dramamine and one ginger capsule is hard to beat; about as effective as phenergan.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is an Aromamizer V2 RTDA. I watched a YT video put out by Steamcrave but the guy used cotton and I don't like cotton. But I guess I'll have to suck it up if I don't want to continue having pools of eliquid on my bedside table all the time.

I dont mind building coils and wicking but it has been my experience that every tank of that style leaks eventually and if they are laid on their sides all bets are off. That is why I prefer a tank with a pre-built coil in them and the Tobeco SuperTanks coils I have rebuilt before. The OBS tank is the exception. Never had it leak a drop. Down side is it likes nothing less than 60 watts (and usually more) for real good flavor and that is more vapor than I like.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, the hair coloring and conditioning is done... now just gotta style it. This time-consuming shit is why I usually color my hair all of once a year, and just let my gray flag fly in-between. :D I'm a *little* vain... just a *little*. :D

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon fugees.....hope everyone fucked themselves this morning.....:popcorn:

On a side note, I too have had problems sleeping lately, but usually take what doc mentioned, that solves a lot of problems, kinda like a don't give a flying fuck about much of anything attitude, then off to lala land.....:vino:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That kind of sleep sucks, when you think you aren't sleeping at all. I get that if I take sudafed too close to bedtime, so I've learned, if I really need a decongestant and it's late, I use the ones that are safe for my husband's hypertension, they don't keep me awake.

Andria
I slept but had nightmares all night. :eek:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I slept but had nightmares all night. :eek:

I was having nightmares yesterday morning, so I didn't mind too awful much when the leg cramps woke me. I dreamed my son was a baby, and he was left by himself, though my mom was supposed to be watching him; when I tried to wake her up, she wouldn't wake up. Sort of revisiting her death, I think. Not fun. :(

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was having nightmares yesterday morning, so I didn't mind too awful much when the leg cramps woke me. I dreamed my son was a baby, and he was left by himself, though my mom was supposed to be watching him; when I tried to wake her up, she wouldn't wake up. Sort of revisiting her death, I think. Not fun. :(

Andria
Wow. That's awful!!!!
I dreamed that we met up with an old co-worker for lunch. I was very close to her. And for some reason, she hated me. She refused to sit at the table unless I left! It was bizarre. I had a few more bad ones but I can't remember them now.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am climbing the walls now yet anytime I try to go do anything I end up gasping for breath. Simple shit like mopping the floor has me out of breath. No way I can return to work like that. I feel like a slug for not pulling my weight. Kinda useless. Everything was ok until I had that stint put in and they put me on Brilanta drug. One of the side effects is shortness of breath and I am one of a small number of people who had extended problems with shortness of breath from it. Before the stint surgery I was walking 10K steps a day with no problems. Now I need a fricken cart just to lean on when shopping. It sucks to no end. :(
Dang. I hate to read this. Well, you have the guitar now, so maybe playing that will give you some peace. I actually got on my piano night before last. It felt good to just jam out the boogie woogie.
This is what disability is for - when you are not able to do what you did before - and you have been paying into the system your whole working life. It is NOT like going on welfare because you are lazy or milking unemployment - you pulled your weight already! :hug:

I'm at a big crossroads in my life also - it is frustrating and humbling and in some ways, a tad humiliating to me. But I realized there were a lot of adventures I wanted to take when I was younger but never found the time - now I can and I'm still young enough to want to, lol.

There is a whole world productive ways to give back to society at a pace you can keep up with that are not paid with money - but other rewards.

My husband was forced out of the working by disability about 15 years ago and fell into deep depression over it - felt worthless, like he wasn't much of a man because he could no longer punch a time clock. He later got certified to be a range instructor, that was just the beginning. He now holds low-cost classes to teach women how to safely handle firearms, chaired fundraising banquets for the NRA and raised thousands of dollars for a cause he really believes in.

It happened to my younger brother a few years ago - he has Meniere's disease and was devastated emotionally when he could no longer work because of unpredictable bouts of vertigo and profound hearing loss. He still had teenagers at home and was in hock up to his ears.

Now he is a world-ranked pinball champion and also volunteers for charity fundraising tournaments.
Wow this is some inspirational stuff Lucy. You guys have the blood of champions.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This may seem odd, but then again, I am a little odd. I pop a nicotine gum in my mouth, chew, tuck under my lip, and I'm out like a light. Maybe cause I has ADHD???

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, the hair coloring and conditioning is done... now just gotta style it. This time-consuming shit is why I usually color my hair all of once a year, and just let my gray flag fly in-between. :D I'm a *little* vain... just a *little*. :D

Andria
I absolutely HATE coloring my hair! I color every 3 months..........

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I absolutely HATE coloring my hair! I color every 3 months..........

yeah.. and it didn't fully cover the gray, damn it. I'll wait a month or so, till I see some root growth, and do it again, paying particular attention to the top of my head where the gray is worst. But at least it lightened it a little so the gray isn't so obvious. I use Olia, a mix of light blonde and light natural auburn. But I might go with jsut the natural auburn next time; darker colors cover gray better.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Because we have the freedom to say all those bad words you can't say at ECF. :D Oh and GFY everyone! :xD:

Yes, exactly that, and also... how did something as great as "fuck" become something you say in anger and wrath and ill-will? Fucking is great! so go fuck yourself! Merrily! Or, fuck someone else! that's even better! :giggle: I can't do it anymore, but I still remember how great it was! :giggle:

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, exactly that, and also... how did something as great as "fuck" become something you say in anger and wrath and ill-will? Fucking is great! so go fuck yourself! Merrily! Or, fuck someone else! that's even better! :giggle: I can't do it anymore, but I still remember how great it was! :giggle:

Andria
Can't?

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors