Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Speaking of hair. I think it may be safe now to shave my legs. Don't think it will be cold enough now to keep this coat. :D

tanaka-tht-210sb-hedge-trimmer-1340622446.jpg

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Geez I've been out for a few hours raking and burning brush. I love it! But, I am a little pooped :poop:out now.
Got the tornado shelter open. Spider webs everywhere. So I'll be out cleaning that up for a while. Nothing worse than being in a tornado shelter during a warning and having bugs crawling all over you. :xD:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am alone this morning and dont have to take a puppy boy out and repeatedly yell "leave that damn cat alone" :giggle:

Must be doing something a bit different here then. :) Got my dogs so they look and see me making an L with my thumb and index finger, they stop fooling with whatever it is because they know, I say "leave be" only once. After that I get a staff or stick of similar proportions and give them non-abusive yet stern taps with the end of it.

It's their breeding too, they see a staff they think 'Shepard', "uh, oh the 'boss' is around." I use the taps as a means of 'getting attention' only. They don't like it if I walk away, which can happen if they keep acting incorrectly. I walk away to not let frustration take hold.

Have learned a rather important lesson from Shylock, the skittish male. He needed me to be calm, to give love, as in someone to sit by when he gets scared. Once I got cued into that me and him have found this odd thing, trust. :) I can have no favorites but Shylock is now my buddy. Even got himself a new nickname.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We had an odd mixed day here today. It was dreary but pleasant, not cold and damp. There was a cloudy mess on the horizon in all directions but the temperature nearly reminded me of Spring.

Yeah it's pretty warm here too. I really hate this fucking weather; I never have a clue how to dress. I got up so early, it was still pretty chilly, so I put on my leggings under my sweatpants. Then before we left, I had to go and take them off again, or I knew I'd be miserable all day -- my husband is a LOT more cold-natured than I am, with my damned hot flashes.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My fucking alarm going off at 4:30 in the morning is still blowing my mind, think I'll buy a new alarm clock tomorrow. I don't want to be getting up at all hours, dressed for work, and find out the bars haven't closed yet.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We've had shit like that happen up here in the summer, when we have over 20 hours of daylight.

Go to be early, then wake up, see the clock and the sun up and think we overslept, when really went to bed at 9, fell asleep, wake up at 10 and freak out :crazy:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would dearly love to see at least one comet before I die. It was completely overcast in Atlanta when Halley's went over back in the 80s. I was so pissed. Last time there was an interesting moon, same thing. That's one of the worst things about all the humidity here; just shit for sky-gazing.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I would dearly love to see at least one comet before I die. It was completely overcast in Atlanta when Halley's went over back in the 80s. I was so pissed. Last time there was an interesting moon, same thing. That's one of the worst things about all the humidity here; just shit for sky-gazing.

Andria

You also missed Hale-Bop in the 90s?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You also missed Hale-Bop in the 90s?

Apparently. That was early sobriety for me, so I was so busy staying sober, it was hard to focus on anything else. :D Also I took a break from online shit for a while, between multi-user chat BBS's and discovering the internet, about 5 yrs, between '94 and '99. I wrote a couple of bad novels, and got so deeply into gardening, I actually grew some muscles. :giggle: Then there was the almost trailer-fire, and 9/11, so I had PTSD and peri-menopause at the same time in the early 2000s, and gosh that was fun, a regular nervous breakdown of good times. :D I don't really have much memory of "current events" between the first George Bush and the 2nd. I know I didn't vote in the Clinton election(s?), I had no earthly idea who he was until they impeached him.

Andria

VU Sponsors