Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Which browser? In FF you get a 'broken' image window displayed.

Anyway...

It's a shame about you and the o-ring thing. I just got some stuffs from FT - Narda and Little 16 clones - and both of those can be dialed down to a really tight draw.

Have you considered sacrificing something like an Ego-510 adapter and mounting it into something like a piece of wood? You could screw the attys on that to pull the top caps off, rather than trying to do it all by hand.

Yeah I'm in FF. But nothing I do will show me any image for those banners, except going to their site.

The Narda has side airflow, so it's out. As I recall, its interior topography is much like a Veritas... about which I heard good things, but I couldn't get a vape worth a damn out of, so I PIFed it. Side airflow just does not deliver good flavor, period. I've tried Veritas, Caterpillar, Derringer... no taste from any of them, and no good MtL vape either, even with the airflow almost entirely closed. You gotta keep in mind, my tastebuds are apparently totally wrecked from 39 yrs of smoking -- I still can't get mjy strawberry & cream below 25% flavoring, if I wanna taste it, and even at 25.75%, I gotta let it steep for over a week before I can taste it... or mix in a little from an earlier batch that has more sweetener.

Thankfully, I did get that new authentic KFL+ vaping pretty well, as long as I use a stronger/sweeter mix, and turn the wattage up to about 10.5w. That relieves a lot of my anxiety about not being able to buy anymore Achilles. And it's a vape I enjoy, because the tight draw is perfect, with the airflow open about 50% or a bit less, AND, like the Achilles, the airflow is RIGHT beneath the coil.

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I "was" going to post this for you..........
You never have to worry, I'm not planning to go anywhere. :blowkiss:

OMG you told her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I told Kadly I thought that "was" your ass since you look like you're in shape. Then, right after that someone asked you in that "help please" thread. lol!
I'm embarrassed now!:oops:
I'm sorry. :(
I was just making a joke because of that post last night in the other thread. I didn't think what I said would bother you.:(:(

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I'm in FF. But nothing I do will show me any image for those banners, except going to their site.

The Narda has side airflow, so it's out. As I recall, its interior topography is much like a Veritas... about which I heard good things, but I couldn't get a vape worth a damn out of, so I PIFed it. Side airflow just does not deliver good flavor, period. I've tried Veritas, Caterpillar, Derringer... no taste from any of them, and no good MtL vape either, even with the airflow almost entirely closed. You gotta keep in mind, my tastebuds are apparently totally wrecked from 39 yrs of smoking -- I still can't get mjy strawberry & cream below 25% flavoring, if I wanna taste it, and even at 25.75%, I gotta let it steep for over a week before I can taste it... or mix in a little from an earlier batch that has more sweetener.

Thankfully, I did get that new authentic KFL+ vaping pretty well, as long as I use a stronger/sweeter mix, and turn the wattage up to about 10.5w. That relieves a lot of my anxiety about not being able to buy anymore Achilles. And it's a vape I enjoy, because the tight draw is perfect, with the airflow open about 50% or a bit less, AND, like the Achilles, the airflow is RIGHT beneath the coil.

Andria

Isn't that just a matter of coil adjustment?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Isn't that just a matter of coil adjustment?

What's to adjust? Where or how you place the coil doesn't affect the airflow one iota. Airflow on the side doesn't send the air DIRECTLY over the coil, it scatters all around, so you get lots of heated air, and not much flavor.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Where the hell is Boden when you need him... He's got a great diagram that shows exactly what I mean about the airflow on the side scattering all around, rather than going DIRECTLY over the coil to the mouth.

Andria

ETA -- besides which, I have NEVER been able to a good tight-draw MtL vape out of ANY side airflow design. It's just not there, the resistance, the suction... you have to huff it to get anything, and that is NOT how I vape, and never will be. I huff my asthma medicine, not my vape.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OMGOMGOMGOGMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm platinum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bunny:

You is

600.jpg

you is!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Up or down in context of the air hole(s) usually makes a significant difference.

It doesn't do a thing about the fact that the airflow scatters, when it's not going directly up over the coil. Scattering means a lot of hot air gets mixed with the flavor, diluting it. When the airflow is DIRECTLY beneath the coil, then the flavor goes DIRECTLY up into your mouth.

Andria

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where the hell is Boden when you need him... He's got a great diagram that shows exactly what I mean about the airflow on the side scattering all around, rather than going DIRECTLY over the coil to the mouth.
Yeah, Boden really was a bit of a vape scientist. Last I saw him he was doing lot's of controlled experiments comparing both heat and vapor output of different types of coils . It was interesting stuff. But that's been awhile.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It doesn't do a thing about the fact that the airflow scatters, when it's not going directly up over the coil. Scattering means a lot of hot air gets mixed with the flavor, diluting it. When the airflow is DIRECTLY beneath the coil, then the flavor goes DIRECTLY up into your mouth.

Andria

It does if you are placing the coils as far to the outside edge of the cap as possible without shorting it, and above the placement of the air holes.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok you igmos, you fucking FORCED me to go over to ECF and spend an hour clearing out my inbox so I could PM Boden about that diagram. Hopefully I'll hear something back from him soon. I searched for him here but couldn't find him, though I know I've seen him around here.

Andria

BTW, did y'all know that Asswife isn't there anymore? Sure as shit, all the rule infractions she sent me, now have a line thru her name. :)

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok you igmos, you fucking FORCED me to go over to ECF and spend an hour clearing out my inbox so I could PM Boden about that diagram. Hopefully I'll hear something back from him soon. I searched for him here but couldn't find him, though I know I've seen him around here.

Andria

BTW, did y'all know that Asswife isn't there anymore? Sure as shit, all the rule infractions she sent me, now have a line thru her name. :)
You could have asked me to track him down. I'm still both places.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria

OMFG

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Though it doesn't look like Boden has been there in quite awhile either.

Damn. I searched that forum as best I could, though I know where that diagram was posted, in the original Modwompers thread -- this software just isn't very search-friendly. I even searched via google, using airflow+ECF+Boden as the search term, and still can't turn up that diagram.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No!? You kidding? She isn't just jerking around and using the strikethough font? What's her status line say?

Nah, I guess she's still there, but apparently changed her username from "Classwife" to "classwife". No clue why. She really should just change it to "Asswife."

Andria

VU Sponsors