Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I was working having a cell phone was needed. Being gone from home a couple weeks at a time made it necessary. Now that I am disabled I have little use for a cell phone. Seldom do I take it anywhere and I bitch about the bill every month :giggle:
My cell is the only phone service I have. I had home phone service through my internet provider but dropped it when the only calls that came in on it were for debtors looking for my ex husband. Plus I found out that their plans had changed and I could get internet without having a home phone. Bye bye home phone! Lol

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had planned on continuing my hibernation till Feb 1, then returning to celebrate my 4 yr vaperversary (not no-smoke-a-versary, that's in July)... however after all these posts from my fellow phone haters, I can't refrain from telling you all how much I love you.:blowkiss: Most folks think I'm an idiot for hating phones, while I think they're all idiots for allowing themselves to be programmed like Pavlov's pups by a ringing phone.

I got a mobile phone for one reason only: Amazon Kindle -- reading is my lifetime #1 entertainment, pastime, and learning vehicle, but actual books can get very heavy (though I admit, Youtube is edging up, on the learning front -- the amount of edifying videos out there is truly amazing!). I can forgive my phone for being a phone only because it's also a tiny computer I can take pretty much everywhere. That doesn't mean I have to leap for it everytime it makes some noise -- I usually ignore it, unless it's my husband, son, stepfather, or aunt, or some expected call, email, or text comes in. As Cromwell so rightly stated, it's for MY convenience, not anyone else's, and if I don't know the number calling me, I will not answer it, ever... and usually I'll put that number on my blacklist immediately, so that it can't ever bother me again.

I miss you all, beloved fuggers, but I'm returning to my stalker-evading hibernation till Feb 1. Only a week. :)

:blowkiss:
Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I had planned on continuing my hibernation till Feb 1, then returning to celebrate my 4 yr vaperversary (not no-smoke-a-versary, that's in July)... however after all these posts from my fellow phone haters, I can't refrain from telling you all how much I love you.:blowkiss: Most folks think I'm an idiot for hating phones, while I think they're all idiots for allowing themselves to be programmed like Pavlov's pups by a ringing phone.

I got a mobile phone for one reason only: Amazon Kindle -- reading is my lifetime #1 entertainment, pastime, and learning vehicle, but actual books can get very heavy (though I admit, Youtube is edging up, on the learning front -- the amount of edifying videos out there is truly amazing!). I can forgive my phone for being a phone only because it's also a tiny computer I can take pretty much everywhere. That doesn't mean I have to leap for it everytime it makes some noise -- I usually ignore it, unless it's my husband, son, stepfather, or aunt, or some expected call, email, or text comes in. As Cromwell so rightly stated, it's for MY convenience, not anyone else's, and if I don't know the number calling me, I will not answer it, ever... and usually I'll put that number on my blacklist immediately, so that it can't ever bother me again.

I miss you all, beloved fuggers, but I'm returning to my stalker-evading hibernation till Feb 1. Only a week. :)

:blowkiss:
Andria

Hey - we'll be here - miss you!!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Time to flush and take a shower :stars2:

Hope that doesn't get in the wrong order. :)

Ah, I see it didn't. :)

Been hiding out a little if it seems I'm overly quiet. Got wrapped up twisting out some wire. Expecting the mother in law to visit us tomorrow, she is going to do her laundry here. That will be easier than her walking around to her laundry area in their basement, running down to Spencer.

Our electric for a full month this last time was just a tad over $100. Wife says that's fine considering the cold snaps we've faced. We're figuring on seeing an average of $80 monthly. Compare that to one from up with her sis, $300 per month. Good enough reason on its own to get out never mind other reasons.

I about half got a story idea germinating. The main stumbling block is in finding a way to get a protagonist involved. Got stuck with the notion of a hero being a hero for its own sake, just doesn't work out too well. I'm probably bean plating the whole thing.

Well, need to toddle on. Y'all GFY & pass round some extra :hug: :hug: :hug:.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reluctant non strutting heroes make better stories.
and more true heroes in my opinion.
Those who set out to be a hero seem kinda cheap and plastic to me.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wait microwaving is not really cooking?
someone should tell my wife unit ;)

I prefer real cooking and I am not a bad cook. In the last 5 days without any water to clean up with it just wasnt worth cooking so lots of deep frying and microwaving :) Even had a trip to Wendys in there and a Pizza ordered :giggle: Rascal loves pizza!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mum's nurse/helper took her shopping

they got back, nrse dumped down bags with a bang

which freaked my parrot out, so he flew out there

nurse lady curled up in a foetal position and sooked about being scared of birds

i quietly picked him up and brought him back to my room, closed the door

i guess she expected a response from me?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
mum's nurse/helper took her shopping

they got back, nrse dumped down bags with a bang

which freaked my parrot out, so he flew out there

nurse lady curled up in a foetal position and sooked about being scared of birds

i quietly picked him up and brought him back to my room, closed the door

i guess she expected a response from me?

What does the parrot have to say about the incident?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
He was scared, obviously. He is only little, and there was a strange women in his house carrying on like a pork chop.

But his feelings matter. The nurse's don't

This relationship sounds doomed - hope your ma doesn't get caught in the crossfire though

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
FUCKING A - MAGNITUDE 8 EARTHQUAKE - went on and on and on

I am a little rattled folks

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Prolly makes Rascal really gassy?

That lil shit gasses me out all the time and I swear he giggles when he does.

Little lone Chop - and him with no flushing head for five days :p

Luckily the freeze hit when Rascal was at his mommy's house and there was no sense in getting him when I couldnt give him clean water to drink.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am a little rattled folks

Hope not so much so. :hug:

What you doing letting him fart that bad? He eating deviled eggs?

A spray bottle with a little dish soap and water can help find leaks in gas lines. Don't think for one second any down electric line is without power, at least not until you got a power company lineman confirm it on site.

I know, common sense reminders ought naught be called for. Consider though we live in age where they had to make buzzers to put on babies to remind mothers they're leaving them in the car, laundry detergent is used as vape or as candy for children. Figured it prudent to offer gentle reminders. --- Keep safe.

Last edited:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Winds here are gusting at 35-40mph. That took out a tree that took out a substation that took out our power. That happened at 11:30am. The power just came back on. Just in time for me to get ready for work. :sad: Lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Are you under the tsunami watch? Earthquakes are scary especially when they last a long(to us) time or are very strong. I've never experienced one that I know of.

Ours came in at about 1 foot at 2:15 a.m.

Lucy, did your well survive as well?

So far so good - gonna need it - there was aquarium water everywhere, lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Boston University School of Public Health

Right. The STATE will flag that as foul because well, "we know those Irish, they tell us six pints a day keeps the doctor at bay."

Just joined to tell he did something stupid and set his coat on fire....

thought about telling him to do it again so he could make a video...

"One More Time! One More Time!
One More Time!"

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and GFY :D

Besides dealing with frozen pipes and no water, I been also dealing with all this disability crap and damn, it is overwhelming. Recently I logged into my bank and seen a lump sum deposited from disability. That was my notice that it was approved. Since then I been inundated with so much crap that needs a decision that its unreal.

I thought I needed a haircut pretty bad but after going over all this crap, I think I will just pull it out in frustration :xD:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning fugee's and GFY :D

Besides dealing with frozen pipes and no water, I been also dealing with all this disability crap and damn, it is overwhelming. Recently I logged into my bank and seen a lump sum deposited from disability. That was my notice that it was approved. Since then I been inundated with so much crap that needs a decision that its unreal.

I thought I needed a haircut pretty bad but after going over all this crap, I think I will just pull it out in frustration :xD:
Well look at the better side of things. You gots disability monies.

VU Sponsors