ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Come IN Tokyo....any Fugees alive this afternoon?................:vino:

Beautiful day in Death Valley (aka) Arizona.....low 80's, sunshine.....couldn't ask for a better day.

Hope that hurricane drifts toward the EAST....FAR east......:cuss2:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The gorgeous bedspread I ordered yesterday...
View attachment 63200

...shipped today!!! :bliss:

It's so hard to find an actual bedspread anymore; it's all "comforters", which don't reach the floor, so you need a damned bedskirt! AAARGHHH!!! Finally found this one which will coordinate with my rose pink drapes, and burgundy sheets. :)

Andria
Andria, could you post a link where you get good bedspreads....I too dislike that skirt on the bottom of beds.....pain in the ASS...!

Whoever came up with the skirt idea for beds should be hung by their genitals....:devil:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Come IN Tokyo....any Fugees alive this afternoon?................:vino:

Beautiful day in Death Valley (aka) Arizona.....low 80's, sunshine.....couldn't ask for a better day.

Hope that hurricane drifts toward the EAST....FAR east......:cuss2:

It was in the 80s here today, partly cloudy. A lot of the humidity had eased, we were having some cooler nights, in the low 60s, but with the storm approaching, the humidity has gone back up. Probably get some rain in the next few days. After that, it might start feeling more like fall.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, could you post a link where you get good bedspreads....I too dislike that skirt on the bottom of beds.....pain in the ASS...!

Whoever came up with the skirt idea for beds should be hung by their genitals....:devil:

I found that one on ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/20094251695...49&var=500172098271&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT -- I got the twin size, which is also hard to find anymore; most twin styles are too kiddish. That one also has a blue and yellow version.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

For that set I ordered for the 3rd bedroom, that we're fixing up for our son, I did get the comforter/bedskirt, because I found that terrific set at such an awesome price -- 7 piece set for $39.99, and the quality is GREAT. That came from Amazon. Found some great sheets on jet.com foran AMAZING price.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was in the 80s here today, partly cloudy. A lot of the humidity had eased, we were having some cooler nights, in the low 60s, but with the storm approaching, the humidity has gone back up. Probably get some rain in the next few days. After that, it might start feeling more like fall.

Andria
It was in the upper 60's this morning, I was in shock....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For that set I ordered for the 3rd bedroom, that we're fixing up for our son, I did get the comforter/bedskirt, because I found that terrific set at such an awesome price -- 7 piece set for $39.99, and the quality is GREAT. That came from Amazon. Found some great sheets on jet.com foran AMAZING price.

Andria
I've found most of the bedspreads in stores around here are made with a LOT of rayon, making them slide all over hells creation....I NEED cotton...!

I'll check out your last link too....thanks for the info....!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've found most of the bedspreads in stores around here are made with a LOT of rayon, making them slide all over hells creation....I NEED cotton...!

I'll check out your last link too....thanks for the info....!

The set I got from Amazon is microfiber; the feel is like brushed cotton, very soft. All the others from Chezmoi are in the $60-$70 range, so that 7 piece set for $40 was AMAZING! Comforter, bedskirt, 2 shams, 3 throw pillows. It's GORGEOUS! We don't have carpet, other than my room; the rest of the house is ceramic tile, so I'll also be getting a nice runner to put beside his bed.

Andria

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those fucking things are itchie....:cuss2:

That's what the wubbie is for
72c9359bb7db168d4229f741f1d3d767.jpg

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How is the house coming @chopdoc ?
Things are coming along well. Slow but with steady progress. Finished my upper cabinets last night and got them stained and clear coated. Today built the doors for them and stained them. Tomorrow will clear coat them and hang them in place and that will be a wrap.
The 8ft base cabinet that separated my kitchen from my living room came out sweet. Still need to stain the kitchen side of it and build the doors for it as well as covers for the drawers I made for it.

Tonight I am going to carry the chop saw and saw horses outside and try to clean up the living room some. New couch and recliner is suppose to be delivered tomorrow afternoon.

That will leave building a 12 inch wide base cabinet and a 30 inch wide base cabinet and that will complete the kitchen construction and I can start on repainting the interior of the house.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Things are coming along well. Slow but with steady progress. Finished my upper cabinets last night and got them stained and clear coated. Today built the doors for them and stained them. Tomorrow will clear coat them and hang them in place and that will be a wrap.
The 8ft base cabinet that separated my kitchen from my living room came out sweet. Still need to stain the kitchen side of it and build the doors for it as well as covers for the drawers I made for it.

Tonight I am going to carry the chop saw and saw horses outside and try to clean up the living room some. New couch and recliner is suppose to be delivered tomorrow afternoon.

That will leave building a 12 inch wide base cabinet and a 30 inch wide base cabinet and that will complete the kitchen construction and I can start on repainting the interior of the house.
Wow doc, sounds like she is coming together nicely...!

I enjoy remodeling, therefore I think of it as more of a hobby than work. I think you do too.....:)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey Lucy, how is the hubby and more importantly, how you holding up?

I'm feeling a lot better - he's okay.

Kinda wishing we'd pushed to move sooner, it is going to be a long winter.

We're doing morbid stuff like updating our wills. WE'd been putting off creating a trust for the kids but are looking at that. Thought we'd do all that after we moved but thought it would be prudent to update everything now :confused:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow doc, sounds like she is coming together nicely...!

I enjoy remodeling, therefore I think of it as more of a hobby than work. I think you do too.....:)

I do enjoy it, I just procrastinate a lot :D

I been wanting to build those upper cabinets for years. Now I didnt have a choice because I had to store the keep able stuff like pots and pans from the bottom cabinets and have a place to place them while rebuilding the new bottom cabinets so perfect timing :teehee:

Plus now all the cabinets will be custom hand made and will add a lot of value to the old place. It will always be an old small milk house barn but its far better than any mobile home or most small houses for that matter.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I been wanting to build those upper cabinets for years. Now I didnt have a choice because I had to store the keep able stuff like pots and pans from the bottom cabinets and have a place to place them while rebuilding the new bottom cabinets so perfect timing :teehee:

Plus now all the cabinets will be custom hand made and will add a lot of value to the old place. It will always be an old small milk house barn but its far better than any mobile home or most small houses for that matter.

I'm a huge fan of alternative housing

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm a huge fan of alternative housing

I never had any intentions of living in a barn. This was going to be a sweet work shop but soon after I bought the place the ex came to me with tears and all that crap and asked me to find a way to get us the hell off her family's property which we lived on for 14 years. So I started looking at this place in a new light and decided I could do this and then converted it into a home. :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

After the almost-fire in the mobile home we lived in, in 1995-1996, I told my husband I'd live under a bridge before I'd live in another firetrap mobile home. We finally bought our own home, which isn't brick or stone, but one step at a time, y'know? :D We own it, and there's no fucking busybody HOA, so we can do with it anything we want, which we can afford. The 29th of Sept, we celebrated 5 yrs here, and our property value has nearly doubled since we've been here, so our equity is growing; we've made terrific strides in paying off some old debts, so all that's really left for us to be able to qualify for a home equity line of credit is to pay down my husband's masterCard a little, so it's not maxed out; other than that, his credit's in EXCELLENT shape.

BTW, I saw that Huckleberried has adopted her halloween avatar, so I figured it was time to pop my own. :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I never had any intentions of living in a barn. This was going to be a sweet work shop but soon after I bought the place the ex came to me with tears and all that crap and asked me to find a way to get us the hell off her family's property which we lived on for 14 years. So I started looking at this place in a new light and decided I could do this and then converted it into a home. :D

Did you mother ever tell you that you weren't raised in a barn?

Mine did:giggle:

VU Sponsors