ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My husband wants to put gates in front our our driveway, so they can't; he takes positively obsessive care of the lawn, and hates when dumb fucks can't drive straight and mess up the grass beside the drive, at the entrance.

Andria

ETA: of course, if we;re ever able to buy any acreage, he wants to fence it all in, and have signs every 50ft: "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again." :giggle:

Andria

Gates and fences do very poorly in this environment or it would have happened long ago

We do have signs up along the "back 40" so to speak. Only have to enforce that every couple of years or so - and that is a joy :eek:

Never have found a sign to keep dipshits - especially tourists - out of my driveway

Even worse, we have some land across the road with a cabin in the back with a ridiculously long driveway.

Tried every sign in every configuration you can imagine to tell idiots it is a private driveway and not a road. Dumbasses - not less than once a day through summer - drive down it anyway and often have to back out backwards because sometimes there is no room to turn around

Fuck, this is 14 miles outside of town even, hundreds of miles from any stop lights and lug heads forget to read traffic signs :soapbox:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gates and fences do very poorly in this environment or it would have happened long ago

We do have signs up along the "back 40" so to speak. Only have to enforce that every couple of years or so - and that is a joy :eek:

Never have found a sign to keep dipshits - especially tourists - out of my driveway

Even worse, we have some land across the road with a cabin in the back with a ridiculously long driveway.

Tried every sign in every configuration you can imagine to tell idiots it is a private driveway and not a road. Dumbasses - not less than once a day through summer - drive down it anyway and often have to back out backwards because sometimes there is no room to turn around

Fuck, this is 14 miles outside of town even, hundreds of miles from any stop lights and lug heads forget to read traffic signs :soapbox:
You mistakenly assume that just because someone can drive a vehicle they can read?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Think Red Green....

I more think of myself as bugs bunny in a dress, messing with hapless morons trying to invade my slice of heaven that I personally bought and paid for and they have no right to it

You mistakenly assume that just because someone can drive a vehicle they can read?

Obviously not

In town, tourists are so dumb they routinely just step out in traffic

Can't hardly believe none of them have been run over they are so clueless

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
a96e09ab1a57153921269c138a663764.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I more think of myself as bugs bunny in a dress, messing with hapless morons trying to invade my slice of heaven that I personally bought and paid for and they have no right to it

Obviously not

In town, tourists are so dumb they routinely just step out in traffic

Can't hardly believe none of them have been run over they are so clueless
Buy some tire spikes...:devil:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Buy some tire spikes...:devil:

A couple of times a year one of us throws a handful of Torpedoes - those popper things that look like little fire crackers - where he drives out every morning, :giggle: They explode all at once when the car runs over them.

Probably done it two dozen times over the years and he still hasn't caught on :facepalm:

He slams on the brakes, jumps out of his little blue put-put car with the Thule rack on top and pops the hood open EVERY SINGLE TIME. The guy is a moron.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well at least you do not have a totally bonkers SIL living next door.
Yesterday she came over raising hell and had a pair of slacks on with a pair of panties over them?

When questioned about it said it was a new fashion.

Nice.

I'm down to one SIL and she ain't too bad. Plus lives about 2500 miles away which makes her a-okay in my book :giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mine has about a 2 inch goatee too. Think I could pawn her off on hank?

Ohh and the panties were not even Fredricks or anything just white old woman panties.

Hank doesn't want her, but it sounds like you could pawn her off AS HANK - especially with the granny panty thing

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
No no no no no!!!!! The granny panties kill the deal. Facial hair? Yeah that can be shaved or waxed or Naired or whatever, but granny panties? Yikes!

Now what?

We really should help Cromwell with this problem. I hear she was on his lawn when is unfortunate even occurred:crazy:

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's and GFY!

Another long day but my furniture did show up, except an end table and the upper cabinets came out looking not too bad once the doors was put on them :D

d13eb05bdeea451dab90fb1f84ccff69.png

I should of used red oak stain on them instead of golden oak but still not unhappy with how they look.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugee's and GFY!

Another long day but my furniture did show up, except an end table and the upper cabinets came out looking not too bad once the doors was put on them :D

I should of used red oak stain on them instead of golden oak but still not unhappy with how they look.
Really NICE Doc.....!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nice.

I'm down to one SIL and she ain't too bad. Plus lives about 2500 miles away which makes her a-okay in my book :giggle:

Yeah my SIL lives in N. MI. :D And my parents in law died many years before we ever knew each other. He's got an aunt, uncle, and cousins in Indiana, but that's a hellacious long way from GA. :D

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening fugee's and GFY!

Awesome, Doc. I am predisposed to honey oak, your cabinets look wonderful to me! REALLY glad to see this coming together. Thank you for sharing, Your months long journey, and your perspective as a victim, really drives home what good people go through when these disasters strike.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suffered from Fuel Deficiency today. Harley riders just rode on by. I even had on Moco shirt and gloves. Damn, on my Glide, it would take minutes, tops. I guess I am CLEARLY not in the club when I choose to ride something different? Eh, I woulda been sitting awhile on my Vrod too.

One guy stopped on a sportbike. No interest to help, just wanted to tell me his brother bought a used Diavel (totally different bike) and put bad gas in it, and has had nothing but problems since. And he whips his brothers Diavel with his Suzuki. Dude, that is a very safe thing to say when I don't have a drop of petrol.

I had my own issues going on. I thanked him for being Californian and asked him to please move on down the road. Sometimes, I just gotta smfh at people.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry Lucy. I am sure glad to be here right now though. Sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name... :cheers:

I suffered from Fuel Deficiency today.

Especially where surely no one will make fun of you for running out of gas :facepalm::giggle::slowclap::giggle::facepalm:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I suffered from Fuel Deficiency today. Harley riders just rode on by. I even had on Moco shirt and gloves. Damn, on my Glide, it would take minutes, tops. I guess I am CLEARLY not in the club when I choose to ride something different?

Yes, much different club......:giggle::giggle:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Especially where surely no one will make fun of you for running out of gas :facepalm::giggle::slowclap::giggle::facepalm:

Yep. It wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last. A car is a totally different beast. You can lock it up and go for gas. I was 3 miles away, and I was NOT going to leave my baby an hour and a half away. If you run out of gas in a car, you are going to get people driving by and laughing. People laugh at cars out of gas. On a bike, you're going to find some gas.. maybe dinner or a new friend.

I coasted to the entryway to a very ritzy sub. Had arched portals in the brick wall to let the residents out onto the commoners sidewalk. Parked right on the end of their little entry island, on a rock within the flower bed. My God, they were fainting as they drove in and out. But I chose that spot instinctually. There would be landscapers going in and outta that hood. And landscapers have mowers, and mowers need?!? ;) 18 minutes.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yep. It wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last. A car is a totally different beast. You can lock it up and go for gas. I was 3 miles away, and I was NOT going to leave my baby an hour and a half away. If you run out of gas in a car, you are going to get people driving by and laughing. And you can lock it up and go for gas. I was 3 miles away, and I was NOT going to leave my baby an hour and a half away. People laugh at cars out of gas. On a bike, you're going to find some gas..

I coasted to the entryway to a very ritzy sub. Had arched portals in the brick wall to let the residents out onto the commoners sidewalk. Parked right on the end of their little entry island, on a rock within the flower bed. My God, they were fainting as they drove in and out. But I chose that spot instinctually. There would be landscapers going in and outta that hood. And landscapers have mowers, and mowers need?!? ;) 18 minutes.

Excellent strategy - I'll give you that much :)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, much different club......:giggle::giggle:

Man, I need to carry a cover painted in Fatboy. Statistically, if I have to wait for a fellow Ducatista, what is that, 250 bikes that will ride by first? Hey wait, I have roadside ass istance. Can I really use it for running outta gas?!? lol... better get em on speedial...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Man, I need to carry a cover painted in Fatboy. Statistically, if I have to wait for a fellow Ducatista, what is that, 250 bikes that will ride by first? Hey wait, I have roadside ass istance. Can I really use it for running outta gas?!? lol... better get em on speedial...

Triple A used to cover the old energy crisis

Was a time in my life when I chronically ran out of gas :shades:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I was 20 years younger I'd go with the Ducati......:wave:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I was 20 years younger I'd go with the Ducati......:wave:

Sir, we are as young as we will EVER be. I checked my back tire. I'm eating into the tire branding on the sidewalls You are NEVER too old to learn new tricks. A friend of mine and his 84 year old dad still ride the Tail of the Dragon. The dad actually crashed a few years ago. He fell ASLEEP while riding. That's for me. I could go like that.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sir, we are as young as we will EVER be. I checked my back tire. I'm eating into the tire branding on the sidewalls You are NEVER too old to learn new tricks. A friend of mine and his 84 year old dad still ride the Tail of the Dragon. The dad actually crashed a few years ago. He fell ASLEEP while riding. That's for me. I could go like that.
I'm sure it's a blast to ride, my body wouldn't take it well though......:cry:

VU Sponsors