ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugee's and GFY :)

Not a bad day for me at all today! Had the best night sleep since the flood last night. That new recliner is very comfortable. Organized a bunch of my DIY mixing stuff, mixed up around 600 ml of juice, and even got a little work done :p Tried a new peach vape recipe and I swear ya can damn near taste the fuzz on that peach vape its so good!
Don't be shy, share duh recipe......:cuss2:.....:giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ran across this:

Imbecile was a medical category of people with moderate to severe intellectual disability, as well as a type of criminal. The term arises from the Latin word imbecillus, meaning weak, or weak-minded. It included people with an IQ of 26–50, between "idiot" (IQ of 0–25) and "moron" (IQ of 51–70).
Just realized that the Jedi mind trick would work well on those.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine was kind of a fuck it all day too. Long and boring. I wandered into The Room, but until we remove about 4 large rugs that are rolled up and laying on that mattress, there isn't really much I can do in there. Gotta take 'em to goodwill this weekend. And the mate needs to move the 27" tube TV behemoth out to the garage until we're done and getting the room finished up; it's huge, it's heavy, and it's horribly in the way. Then I can dust the other short bookshelf, we can get the games and DVDs on it boxed up, get it cleaned and painted to match the other bookshelves. And outta there. We're gonna end up with half the shit in there, out here in the living room, while it's in-progress. :facepalm: But you can't paint the walls if the room is filled with furniture.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mine was kind of a fuck it all day too. Long and boring. I wandered into The Room, but until we remove about 4 large rugs that are rolled up and laying on that mattress, there isn't really much I can do in there. Gotta take 'em to goodwill this weekend. And the mate needs to move the 27" tube TV behemoth out to the garage until we're done and getting the room finished up; it's huge, it's heavy, and it's horribly in the way. Then I can dust the other short bookshelf, we can get the games and DVDs on it boxed up, get it cleaned and painted to match the other bookshelves. And outta there. We're gonna end up with half the shit in there, out here in the living room, while it's in-progress. :facepalm: But you can't paint the walls if the room is filled with furniture.

Andria

I took one for the team today and --- went grocery shopping with the mate.

OMG - there is a reason I said fuck it for the last 20 years and let him do 95% of the shopping himself :cry:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I despise shopping for groceries...I have them delivered.

Not an option in our one-grocery-store town

Mr. Juicy loves to shop for anything and everything, doesn't matter. So I usually just let him do it but he needs to stop buying (and eating) so much crap so I had to supervise today :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I took one for the team today and --- went grocery shopping with the mate.

OMG - there is a reason I said fuck it for the last 20 years and let him do 95% of the shopping himself :cry:

We always do grocery shopping together; it's helpful, since we get a fairly substantial amount at Walmart; I stand in line to get my sudafed at the pharmacy, while he goes down to get the cat vittles and supplies; then we head for the people food and get that done. I prefer doing it together, so I don't have to try and read his mind as to what frozen meals to get him -- we used to make our son go with us, for the same reason, when he was a kid. (and yeah, I have to supervise, because of the ungodly sodium levels in most frozen foods!)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We always do grocery shopping together; it's helpful, since we get a fairly substantial amount at Walmart; I stand in line to get my sudafed at the pharmacy, while he goes down to get the cat vittles and supplies; then we head for the people food and get that done. I prefer doing it together, so I don't have to try and read his mind as to what frozen meals to get him -- we used to make our son go with us, for the same reason, when he was a kid.

Andria

Was more active in food shopping before the kids left home.

Then, I used to just give him a list of what I wanted and he'd buy whatever he wanted and we called it good. When I work (he's retired) he does most of the cooking. If I don't like what he's cooking, I just make something else, hahaha.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We always do grocery shopping together; it's helpful, since we get a fairly substantial amount at Walmart; I stand in line to get my sudafed at the pharmacy, while he goes down to get the cat vittles and supplies; then we head for the people food and get that done. I prefer doing it together, so I don't have to try and read his mind as to what frozen meals to get him -- we used to make our son go with us, for the same reason, when he was a kid. (and yeah, I have to supervise, because of the ungodly sodium levels in most frozen foods!)

Andria
And they worry about Vaping, the fucking salt will do more harm than anything related to vaping...!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And they worry about Vaping, the fucking salt will do more harm than anything related to vaping...!

Or the sugar, or the trans fats. Or in my own case (and every other asthmatic), the sulfites. It's good that I like to cook, so we don't have to eat processed garbage at every meal.

Tonight was teriyaki chicken 'n broccoli. Nom nom nom. Leftovers for tomorrow night too -- when I have to go to that much trouble and prep for a meal, I wanna do enough so I don't have to do much the next night. :D

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wut?!? The MOMS man, the MOMS! I never mind a trip to the eye candy store..it's in MILFord. We all joke about cruising down main street, and why it's called MILFord. There is some extreme hotness in that lil town.
If I do any shopping, it's at the strip-club.....:giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Or the sugar, or the trans fats. Or in my own case (and every other asthmatic), the sulfites. It's good that I like to cook, so we don't have to eat processed garbage at every meal.

Tonight was teriyaki chicken 'n broccoli. Nom nom nom. Leftovers for tomorrow night too -- when I have to go to that much trouble and prep for a meal, I wanna do enough so I don't have to do much the next night. :D

Andria

You forgot high fructose corn syrup - that shit is insidious if you don't watch it

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
98% of the shit is poisonous, total garbage.....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wut?!? The MOMS man, the MOMS! I never mind a trip to the eye candy store..it's in MILFord. We all joke about cruising down main street, and why it's called MILFord. There is some extreme hotness in that lil town.
Sooooo...Mooooo...were you on a shopping spree today?.....:tldr:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You forgot high fructose corn syrup - that shit is insidious if you don't watch it

I read somewhere that it causes "fatty liver." I wondered why everyone was all up in arms about it, and that goes a long way to explain why avoiding it is a good idea. Glad I don't drink much soda anymore. And we switched from regular white granulated cane sugar, to turbinado sugar, a/k/a, raw sugar. It smells like molasses, but it actually seems a bit sweeter than regular sugar, so I find I don't need to use as much.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sooooo...Mooooo...were you on a shopping spree today?.....:tldr:

lol.. no. I indulged heavily the night before, and slept until 2pm. My crew came over and took the hoist out while I slept. THAT was nice. We took the boat around the lake awhile to run this years gas out. Colors were spectacular. Then we partied on the lake front awhile.. eventually we got the boat out and now I just have to winterize it and stick it in the garage... :( I did get in a small bike ride, up to the gas station to fill the crew van. It was something.

How was your day?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol.. no. I indulged heavily the night before, and slept until 2pm. My crew came over and took the hoist out while I slept. THAT was nice. We took the boat around the lake awhile to run this years gas out. Colors were spectacular. Then we partied on the lake front awhile.. eventually we got the boat out and now I just have to winterize it and stick it in the garage... :( I did get in a small bike ride, up to the gas station to fill the crew van. It was something.

How was your day?
I just had to drive to Flagstaff for business, then turnaround and drive back, LONG day again.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
When I was young, we ate fruit and nuts for snacks....not Twinkies....now entire family's are wolfing down twinkies.

Yeah my younger brother had full fledged insulin dependent diabetes at age 45 from eating nothing but frozen prepared foods.

You'd go to his house and they had ZERO ingredients for cooking. You open the fridge and it was baking soda and ketchup.

Open the freezer, loaded with Marie Calendars, Stouffers etc.

Pantry, same thing. No staples except sugar. Everything was microwavable and in a box.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I was young, we ate fruit and nuts for snacks....not Twinkies....now entire family's are wolfing down twinkies.

Gack, I've always hated those things. If I'm gonna eat pure garbage, it better either have chocolate, or be a blueberry muffin. Though I rarely refuse oatmeal-raisin cookies either. :D I'm a sucker for baked goods of all kinds, but my faves are muffins and pies. Or the basic "bready" type cake, like banana nut bread, apple/walnut/raisin cake (that's one I make at xmas, and often give as gifts -- from-scratch, with whole wheat flour), and even bread pudding.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gack, I've always hated those things. If I'm gonna eat pure garbage, it better either have chocolate, or be a blueberry muffin. Though I rarely refuse oatmeal-raisin cookies either. :D I'm a sucker for baked goods of all kinds, but my faves are muffins and pies. Or the basic "bready" type cake, like banana nut bread, apple/walnut/raisin cake (that's one I make at xmas, and often give as gifts -- from-scratch, with whole wheat flour), and even bread pudding.

Andria
'Im not into bad Carbs...............!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
'Im not into Carbs...............!

Shoot, not me, without carbs I'd starve to death. :D But I try to make them complex-carbs, and consume them together with fiber and protein, which helps to "bind" the glucose a bit, keep it from burning up in a flash and stressing the glucose/insulin metabolism.

Andria

VU Sponsors