chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't be shy, share duh recipe......:cuss2:.....:giggle:
No doubt! Good peach recipes are hard to come by

FW Peach %5
FA White Peach %2 (Flavour Art not Flavor Apprentice)
Caps vanilla custard V1 %5

I am becoming a huge fan of Flavour Art concentrates. After doing tons of reading on Hic's Notes about FA and learning how to use them they have taken my mixing to new levels. The key point to remember with FA is you seldom ever want to go above %3 with them and a lot of times 1 - 2% is perfect even for a stand alone flavor. I have used FW peach before and it is ok but nothing to really say its great. adding a little FA White Peach to it really makes it shine.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah my younger brother had full fledged insulin dependent diabetes at age 45 from eating nothing but frozen prepared foods.

You'd go to his house and they had ZERO ingredients for cooking. You open the fridge and it was baking soda and ketchup.

Open the freezer, loaded with Marie Calendars, Stouffers etc.

Pantry, same thing. No staples except sugar. Everything was microwavable and in a box.
Ahh but not everyone gets diabetes from eating sugar.
I eat tremendous amounts of sweet stuff and junk food and no diabetes.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning, Fugee's and GFY. Gotta drop a new set of rubbers off at the cycle mechanic for Bender. The tread LOOKS fine, but deep cups when you run your hand down them. I'm not going to complain, they did 15K miles of hard desert, mountain riding and then another 4K around town.

But today should be the day Bender is freed from the shop. It was already damn loud. Decatted, debaffled pipes. They told me with the 110 jugs on and the cam, they can't even stand to start it in the shop. My wife will be SO happy.. Me, I'm excited. The wrench says it pulls like a mule.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning, Fugee's and GFY. Gotta drop a new set of rubbers off at the cycle mechanic for Bender. The tread LOOKS fine, but deep cups when you run your hand down them. I'm not going to complain, they did 15K miles of hard desert, mountain riding and then another 4K around town.

But today should be the day Bender is freed from the shop. It was already damn loud. Decatted, debaffled pipes. They told me with the 110 jugs on and the cam, they can't even stand to start it in the shop. My wife will be SO happy.. Me, I'm excited. The wrench says it pulls like a mule.

When I bought my Sportster 883 I was surfing Ebay and seen some slip on mufflers for the bike and the page said they was guaranteed to piss off the neighbors. I put them on and loved the way that bike sounded. The road I am on has a mile and a quarter straight shot, then a 90 degree tight turn and another mile and a quarter straight shot to where the road T's into another road. After I put those slip on mufflers on the bike I let the ex ride it one day. I heard her go thru the gears, downshift at the turn, go thru the gears again and over 2 miles away I heard her take off on the other road. Damn they was loud but I loved them :D Would also scare the piss out of people in tunnels :giggle:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It's a genetic predisposition.... I think I'm the only one left in my family who doesn't have diabetes, because I've been scared to death of that shit since I was a kid, and tried to be careful with my intake, and my weight. But my husband is almost 64, still very trim, eats sugar like there's no tomorrow... diabetes doesn't run in his family. It GALLOPS thru mine.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Sugar is not the culprit

I do too but also eat at least a modicum of unprocessed food

It's the high fructose corn syrup and transfats hidden in a lot of it that does the most damage - especially if it is literally all you eat

100% processed foods at all times will kill you

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sugar is not the culprit

It's the high fructose corn syrup and transfats hidden in a lot of it that does the most damage - especially if it is literally all you eat

True; saying that you get diabetes from eating sugar is like saying you catch a cold because you get chilled. But most people don't have sufficient brain-power to deal with details and nuances. If ALL you eat is sugar, you might have a problem. If the sugar, or other simple carbs, are combined with high-fiber and protein, then not so much. Basically, you can wear out your insulin factory if you overstress it, day in and day out; you become insulin-resistant: the insulin cant't do its job, so the pancreas keeps trying to make more and more, and finally just kinda gives up. The insulin-resistance is what I'm trying to forestall, by eating high-fiber and protein along with sugar.

But, the genetic endowment seems to be the key factor -- I suppose some could eat sugar constantly, like my husband, and never have a problem. My family isn't that fortunate.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I am peeved. The "bedspread" is not really wide enough to go to the floor on both sides, so I reckon i can either order a bedskirt, or return the twin bedspread and order a full size. I measured my bed, and it's 22" to the floor, so 44" accounting for both sides, plus 38" across; which gives me 82" total; the fullsize spread is 86" wide, so it would be a bit too wide. My drop to the floor from the top of the box springs is 12", and the shortest hang on a bedskirt I can find is 14", so that would also be too long. However, it strikes me that I could pinch it up 2 inches (or 4 inches, to account for both sides) in the middle and pin it, since it's under the mattress, and pull it up higher at the top to account for the extra length at the foot, so that might work out better than a too-wide bedspread.

:gaah:
Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, I am peeved. The "bedspread" is not really wide enough to go to the floor on both sides, so I reckon i can either order a bedskirt, or return the twin bedspread and order a full size. I measured my bed, and it's 22" to the floor, so 44" accounting for both sides, plus 38" across; which gives me 82" total; the fullsize spread is 86" wide, so it would be a bit too wide. My drop to the floor from the top of the box springs is 12", and the shortest hang on a bedskirt I can find is 14", so that would also be too long. However, it strikes me that I could pinch it up 2 inches (or 4 inches, to account for both sides) in the middle and pin it, since it's under the mattress, and pull it up higher at the top to account for the extra length at the foot, so that might work out better than a too-wide bedspread.

:gaah:
Andria

That sucks :cry:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That sucks :cry:

Yeah it really does. If I had a standard-height boxspring, I suspect the full size spread would work great, but, when my parents ditched their king size bed, we claimed the shorty boxsprings for our twin beds, because the box springs we had were more than 20 yrs old. I like the shorty box springs, because it keeps me nearer the floor, where it's cooler -- always a consideration for my best sleep, staying cool.

But, as I said, I think the 14" skirt would probably be my best option; the spread has a scalloped edge, so hemming it isn't possible, and still have it look nice; pinning the extra 4" under the mattress would probably be the easiest way to deal with the whole issue. And, I've found a burgundy bedskirt on Amazon, which is eligible for Prime, so it would only set me back about $15, not too bad considering some bedskirts are $30 or more.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FW Peach %5
FA White Peach %2 (Flavour Art not Flavor Apprentice)
Caps vanilla custard V1 %5

I am becoming a huge fan of Flavour Art concentrates. After doing tons of reading on Hic's Notes about FA and learning how to use them they have taken my mixing to new levels. The key point to remember with FA is you seldom ever want to go above %3 with them and a lot of times 1 - 2% is perfect even for a stand alone flavor. I have used FW peach before and it is ok but nothing to really say its great. adding a little FA White Peach to it really makes it shine.
Thanks Doc....I have those flavors, will try a small batch tomorrow.......:)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sugar is not the culprit

In a way sugar is the culprit, or at least the amount of sugar intake. I remember reading once that back in the 1800's the average person ate around 7 or 8 pounds of sugar a year. Back then diabetes, heart disease and many other ailments was unheard of. Today people consume 150 to 180 lbs of sugar a year and have all sorts of problems.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
In a way sugar is the culprit, or at least the amount of sugar intake. I remember reading once that back in the 1800's the average person ate around 7 or 8 pounds of sugar a year. Back then diabetes, heart disease and many other ailments was unheard of. Today people consume 150 to 180 lbs of sugar a year and have all sorts of problems.

When saying sugar, I'm referring to refined sugar, like C&H. No, it is not healthy in the least bit

Sugars of various types are in all kinds of foods, many naturally.

However, the natural sugar in a mandarin orange is not nearly as unhealthy as canned ones with high fructose syrup added, just as an example

When I talked about my brother, he eliminated almost all highly processed foods from his diet and is no longer insulin dependent

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When saying sugar, I'm referring to refined sugar, like C&H. No, it is not healthy in the least bit

Sugars of various types are in all kinds of foods, many naturally.

However, the natural sugar in a mandarin orange is not nearly as unhealthy as canned ones with high fructose syrup added, just as an example

When I talked about my brother, he eliminated almost all highly processed foods from his diet and is no longer insulin dependent

I know a couple people who was diagnosed with type II diabetes and they went on the Adkins diet. Within 6 months they was no longer diabetic and it is pretty much exactly what your saying. They didnt eat anything but fresh meats mainly and fresh veggies. They also dropped a ton of weight on that diet.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know a couple people who was diagnosed with type II diabetes and they went on the Adkins diet. Within 6 months they was no longer diabetic and it is pretty much exactly what your saying. They didnt eat anything but fresh meats mainly and fresh veggies. They also dropped a ton of weight on that diet.

I did that diet when I was 16, and it works really well, at least for weight-loss. Unfortunately, now, with my gallstones, I have to be very careful with fats, and eat a very low-fat diet, or else I'm just *sick* all the time, so that diet wouldn't be possible for me any longer. Which is why I commented that without carbs, I'd starve to death, since I have to eat a very low-fat diet.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I did something at least a bit productive today. I spent about a half hour to forty five minutes ricking some firewood. I'll rick more of it tomorrow. Work will be there and get done as it gets done. Still need to clear out some barb wire fence. Glad Autumn has set in with a bit cooler temperatures.

Put dual 28 awg coils with 3 mm ID on the Velocity v2 which had a single on it. The single coil got dry burned last week and was looking crummy. Figured it was time for cleaning, new coil/s. The coils are net 1.1 ohm, each wrapped 10 times.

The sky was dark here most of the day. Hope everyone is faring well and continues doing so. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: s all around with a big warm :).

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use some of my flavorings in coffee sometimes.

I use Capella Sweet Cream in coffee, mashed potatoes, eggs, gravies... pretty much anything you'd put cream in! Since I use 2% milk... or sometimes 1%, if they're out of 2%. Wish I'd known about this stuff YEARS ago!!! The taste of real cream, without calories OR fat!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was trying to sort the 2-hundred flavor concentrates which have showed up in the mail lately.

Then adding HIC's flavor profiles to each flavor.....quite time consuming, but worth the time involved....:wait:

Really digging this DIY "stuff"......:teehee:

It's the shit

That will be a worthwhile undevour - I should do that too, but probably too dam lazy, lol

I do have a spreadsheet though so I don't run out of my faves

VU Sponsors