Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't speak for everyone, but my issue with them is that when they have come to my door, they won't take no for an answer. If I say I'm not interested in hearing what you have to say, that means turn around and leave, not keep talking. When someone is so pushy about their beliefs that I have to get downright rude to get them to leave MY property, I have a problem with 'em. When multiple people from that faith act that way, I tend to develop a problem with the whole denomination.
Yeah they can be quite aggravating.
If they show up again I will send them over to my Wacko SIL's place :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the sign my husband made to place near our front door, because we got tired of idiots ringing our doorbell at 10am on Saturday mornings:

View attachment 64579

Andria
The Jehova's Wits around here think that does not apply to them...
I told them to look up the definition of soliciting and then come back if they found I was wrong.
I told them they were trying to solicit my soul.

My sign just says no soliciting.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't speak for everyone, but my issue with them is that when they have come to my door, they won't take no for an answer. If I say I'm not interested in hearing what you have to say, that means turn around and leave, not keep talking. When someone is so pushy about their beliefs that I have to get downright rude to get them to leave MY property, I have a problem with 'em. When multiple people from that faith act that way, I tend to develop a problem with the whole denomination.

I mentioned that before and was told that when anyone says no, they leave. How it is other places I cant say, only can attest to what my mom tells me.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mentioned that before and was told that when anyone says no, they leave. How it is other places I cant say, only can attest to what my mom tells me.
And I'm sure they aren't all like that, it's just that I have had more than one keep going on after I said no, and I've heard others say the same thing. I shouldn't let a handful of people shape my entire view of them though, I admit.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And I'm sure they aren't all like that, it's just that I have had more than one keep going on after I said no, and I've heard others say the same thing. I shouldn't let a handful of people shape my entire view of them though, I admit.

I told my mom a few times it wouldnt hurt for them to deliver the mail seeing how they are going door to door anyways, At times she just doesnt like my sense of humor :D

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one Christian religion that I see is hated above all other christian religions is the Jehovah's Witness religion. I grew up with my mom being one but as a kid I knew only a few people actually in that faith and my sis and me was not allowed to go to church with her. They wasnt allowed at our house because my dad flat out told my mom if any ever came by he would sit in his boxers, drink beer and smoke cigs in front of them. My ole man was a real SOB :giggle:

I can tell you a couple things about them. If they are a real witness in good standing and asked me to borrow $1000, I would not hesitate to loan it to them because I know they are honor bound to do everything in their power to make sure I was paid back. I also know if they say anything, its true. They will not lie even if it is to save their own lives. I also know I cant be one. I live in sin so unless I change my ways I am not allowed to be one. I can attend any of the meeting but I can not actually be one unless I made some changes. They have some very high standards.

I actually was privileged to see something once that made me proud of my mom. Couple Mormon guys came up her driveway once when I was visiting her and they started talking with her. They told her this and that and was quoting versus, my mom was correcting them and quoting versus off the top of her head. They would be flying thru their bibles trying to find new argument to support their position and my mom would keep correcting them without ever opening a bible. Finally after around 30 minutes of this one of the young men asked my mom how she knew versus so well she didnt even have to open a bible and that is when she told them she was a Witness. Both them young guys told us they was not allowed to talk to witnesses because it was forbidden and they left (with their tails between their legs) and I laughed. But I always wondered why they was not allowed by the Mormon church to talk to them.

I thought that was what you would say. My wife is very social. AND pretty devout. So she invites them in to give them relief. We've come to know quite a few, and they respect that we'll never have their level of commitment, but we like to talk with them. Maybe we have been lucky, but we have never encountered a pushy couple (They usually travel here as couples) and we've never encountered any who insist that we talk about their cause, or anything else.

They're pretty grateful for a welcome, a cool drink, some polite conversation, and a "please come again". They're just normal, 9-5 folk, usually professional and always polite and respectful. As a member, they are committed to X number of hours of the door to door, and they do it. The door slams, rude comments, threats.. just part of what they know is coming. It's really quite brave, selfless, and speaks volumes about commitment. I am fond of the people that are representing their cause. All those I have met, anyway.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya know, thinking about it, maybe it's like Eddie Murphy... "I'm TRYING to buy this NEWSpaper!" We're in the club.. ;) hahahaha.....

I joined the FreeMasons once. It's silly, but good friends and town leaders played. Asked why I joined, I had no qualms with the truth. My friends drink beer and play darts after. I'ma be there. It's a historic building downtown. I stuck around long enough to help restore it. They weren't doing charity like I thought they would, as well as some other issues, so I quit. Now, they have to kill me. I have had to become faceless...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hows it hanging Mooooo?, Fugees.....:wave:

Did the major fall yard cleanup today with the my loyal Mexican landscaper who was ringing the doorbell at 7:00 this morning. I asked him to please have at it....I'm going back to bed for a couple hours.

Went outside at about 9 when I heard foot steps on my roof, one guy was trimming a huge tree next to the house with branches overhanging the roof. The three of them already had a pile of tree-shrub trimmin' about 4'x12' at the curb for the city to pick up next week. The yard looks 100% better, now I'm getting sun in the windows again, to keep the house cozy during the short winter without turning the heat on, I hope. Sick of paying for cooling, and always dreaded the thought of paying for heat when that big bright ball in the sky can supply the heat for me.

Mixed up a couple batches of juice, now the day is shot, once again......:vino:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya know, thinking about it, maybe it's like Eddie Murphy... "I'm TRYING to buy this NEWSpaper!" We're in the club.. ;) hahahaha.....

I joined the FreeMasons once. It's silly, but good friends and town leaders played. Asked why I joined, I had no qualms with the truth. My friends drink beer and play darts after. I'ma be there. It's a historic building downtown. I stuck around long enough to help restore it. They weren't doing charity like I thought they would, as well as some other issues, so I quit. Now, they have to kill me. I have had to become faceless...
Hiram.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta love that Canadian Club....was a fav in my younger days........:cheers:

I had a brawl with a bottle of 7 Crown from a neighbor girls grandpa's liquor cabinet. I was.. 11? Made it home on my bike somehow. Fell over in the yard. Mom thought I had heatstroke, and older brother said "he's drunk". I got a weeks grounding but time served passed out was included. Technically, I was in my room. Dad was strict, but fair.

Until I was 40ish, when I tasted whiskey or bourbon or whatever like it? Gag reflex. They say drinking cures that...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a brawl with a bottle of 7 Crown from a neighbor girls grandpa's liquor cabinet. I was.. 11? Made it home on my bike somehow. Fell over in the yard. Mom thought I had heatstroke, and older brother said "he's drunk". I got a weeks grounding but time served passed out was included. Technically, I was in my room. Dad was strict, but fair.

Until I was 40ish, when I tasted whiskey or bourbon or whatever like it? Gag reflex. They say drinking cures that...
lmao....hahaha....:)

Have a great Sunday.....I'm otta-here.....:vino:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning Fugee's. They say it is 44 outside. Think I will wait until it gets warmer before checking it out :D

Yesterday was a bit fucked up and had me in a bad mood. They had this grand opening for a new Dollar General store and I got a flyer for it in the mail saying coke a cola products would be on sale for 3 12 pack/$8. I get up there and they are clearly marked at $4.25 a 12 pack so I asked, WTF?
The sale was only from 7 am to 10 am. Really.... So I went ahead and picked up a few things while I was there and they had super long check out lines. I almost said fuck it and left but the line was moving quick so waited. Maybe 5 minutes to check out. When I was almost to the cashier I looked at the line behind me and there was the ex glaring pure hatred at me. Went ahead and paid, loaded my stuff up before she could get outside and make a scene and left, straight to a convenience store to buy a pack of smokes. I can only handle so much stress :(

So yes, yesterday was a bit fucked up and had me in a bad mood :(

On a positive note this morning I ran out of my homemade bread so mixed up some dough to bake today :D In another 3 days my sourdough mix will be ready to start using :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got ohm meter & two different sized sets of squonk positive pins yesterday. Checked what my current setup is running, 1.15 ohm. The other Velocity v2 clone is running .75 ohm with vertical coils. Think I'm doing alright considering both were crafted up without a meter. Have some Clapton wire coming so as to at least try Clapton. Think I paid about $7 for 25 ft of the wire.

:coffee: & morning medicines for me then, feed critters. Laundry day today and might get to cleaning out a gutter on her dad's house. Maybe for a bit of excitement I'll get kidnapped by some elf and they'll hold me for ransom from my wife. Well, I guess that wouldn't do either because last I checked her pointy ears and birth from the trees kind of would make her an elf too. Oh well, I'm sure something surrealistic will happen today.

Run 'er slow & gfy. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got ohm meter & two different sized sets of squonk positive pins yesterday. Checked what my current setup is running, 1.15 ohm. The other Velocity v2 clone is running .75 ohm with vertical coils. Think I'm doing alright considering both were crafted up without a meter. Have some Clapton wire coming so as to at least try Clapton. Think I paid about $7 for 25 ft of the wire.

:coffee: & morning medicines for me then, feed critters. Laundry day today and might get to cleaning out a gutter on her dad's house. Maybe for a bit of excitement I'll get kidnapped by some elf and they'll hold me for ransom from my wife. Well, I guess that wouldn't do either because last I checked her pointy ears and birth from the trees kind of would make her an elf too. Oh well, I'm sure something surrealistic will happen today.

Run 'er slow & gfy. :)
You married a Romulan?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' y'all. I did yardwork yesterday too, pruning the roses at my parents' house which had grown GINORMOUS, half rose-hipped and half in bloom, so I gave em a hard pruning so that they'll have another burst of flowering until probably the end of the year, since I cut off all the hips.

And now my back is FUCKING KILLING ME. Not that sharp nerve pain like a few weeks ago, which signified a disc had gone wandering; this is just plain old "I'm an old fart who did too much" back pain. :facepalm: Oww.

GFYs.
Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hows it hanging Mooooo?, Fugees.....:wave:

Did the major fall yard cleanup today with the my loyal Mexican landscaper who was ringing the doorbell at 7:00 this morning. I asked him to please have at it....I'm going back to bed for a couple hours.

Went outside at about 9 when I heard foot steps on my roof, one guy was trimming a huge tree next to the house with branches overhanging the roof. The three of them already had a pile of tree-shrub trimmin' about 4'x12' at the curb for the city to pick up next week. The yard looks 100% better, now I'm getting sun in the windows again, to keep the house cozy during the short winter without turning the heat on, I hope. Sick of paying for cooling, and always dreaded the thought of paying for heat when that big bright ball in the sky can supply the heat for me.

Mixed up a couple batches of juice, now the day is shot, once again......:vino:

Good morning, Dale!! Oh, I love when work gets done while I am sleeping. Gain, no pain. WOOT! I got some mixing done myself yesterday. Some of Doc Iguana's Bourbon Peach Cheesecake, and some Razzmatazz, a raspberry espresso. SMELLS great! Haven't tried it yet. What did ya make?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning, Dale!! Oh, I love when work gets done while I am sleeping. Gain, no pain. WOOT! I got some mixing done myself yesterday. Some of Doc Iguana's Bourbon Peach Cheesecake, and some Razzmatazz, a raspberry espresso. SMELLS great! Haven't tried it yet. What did ya make?
Just mixed a couple of HIC's simple recipes, peach, apricot, pear.

Gotta get some ambition and calm before heading to a store to get a few items I need. I'm like doc...can't stand lines and some idiots in the lines.....:devil:

Have a nice Sunday fugees......:wave:

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon, everyone! I'm taking advantage to our power getting knocked out by a squirrel to see what's going on here. I've been a bachelor for over a week now with the wife down in Mexico taking care of business. But, no slack time for me. Have quite a load of honey do's, and still have a lot to go. Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday :).

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Afternoon, everyone! I'm taking advantage to our power getting knocked out by a squirrel to see what's going on here. I've been a bachelor for over a week now with the wife down in Mexico taking care of business. But, no slack time for me. Have quite a load of honey do's, and still have a lot to go. Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday :).
Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

You're like the ENERGIZER bunny, Paul! You keep GOING and GOING. Nice to see ya, I hope you get to enjoy SOME of that peace and tranquility.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed a couple of HIC's simple recipes, peach, apricot, pear.

Gotta get some ambition and calm before heading to a store to get a few items I need. I'm like doc...can't stand lines and some idiots in the lines.....:devil:

Have a nice Sunday fugees......:wave:

That darn Doc Iguana.. he has flavors within recipes, that are a mix of five flavors themselves. It seems he likes a cocophony in his mouth..

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The one Christian religion that I see is hated above all other christian religions is the Jehovah's Witness religion. I grew up with my mom being one but as a kid I knew only a few people actually in that faith and my sis and me was not allowed to go to church with her. They wasnt allowed at our house because my dad flat out told my mom if any ever came by he would sit in his boxers, drink beer and smoke cigs in front of them. My ole man was a real SOB :giggle:

I can tell you a couple things about them. If they are a real witness in good standing and asked me to borrow $1000, I would not hesitate to loan it to them because I know they are honor bound to do everything in their power to make sure I was paid back. I also know if they say anything, its true. They will not lie even if it is to save their own lives. I also know I cant be one. I live in sin so unless I change my ways I am not allowed to be one. I can attend any of the meeting but I can not actually be one unless I made some changes. They have some very high standards.

I actually was privileged to see something once that made me proud of my mom. Couple Mormon guys came up her driveway once when I was visiting her and they started talking with her. They told her this and that and was quoting versus, my mom was correcting them and quoting versus off the top of her head. They would be flying thru their bibles trying to find new argument to support their position and my mom would keep correcting them without ever opening a bible. Finally after around 30 minutes of this one of the young men asked my mom how she knew versus so well she didnt even have to open a bible and that is when she told them she was a Witness. Both them young guys told us they was not allowed to talk to witnesses because it was forbidden and they left (with their tails between their legs) and I laughed. But I always wondered why they was not allowed by the Mormon church to talk to them.
I applaud your mom for have her verses memorized. I knew a few Witnesses and they were stand up people. Not pushy etc. :)

Yes! The other end of the spectrum was some Witnesses coming to our property to talk to my fiance. He hid inside while I went out to their car to get them to leave... they came several times before but I never spoke to them. This time they tried to convert me... I was ready with my memorized verses while they were using a pamphlet to reference them to their Bible... I shot them down in five minutes. I said I was raised southern Baptist and have ABSOLUTELY NO reason to believe otherwise... ;) They left and haven't ever returned.

Technically I have a different view on things than typical SB's. I incorporate my own beliefs into the way I practice my religion. To each their own. :):bliss:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Everyone that knocks on my door leaves in a hurry if they only knew my dog only killed people with kindness. o_O

I have to admit though I do kind of like it. I hate being bothered when I am in the middle of such important things like video games or the internet. :giggle::giggle:

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Howdy Fugees, passing through, have been so busy lately but just wanted you all to know i didnt forget you.

big_4746951.jpg

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Everyone that knocks on my door leaves in a hurry if they only knew my dog only killed people with kindness. o_O

I have to admit though I do kind of like it. I hate being bothered when I am in the middle of such important things like video games or the internet. :giggle::giggle:
The only dogs that scare me are full blooded chihuahuas and Dalmations... Chi's are evil blood thirsty demons from Hades (With the exception of like three that I know) And I had a bad run in with two mean Dalmations who tried to eat me when I was little.

I have been around several different dogs throughout my life and have always had a way with animals. Pitties are some of my favorite breeds. I LOVE all the so called 'Bully' dogs. Rotties, Bulls (all types), etc. I love getting down to their level and rubbing them down, doggy kisses and hugs. I love it all. Any time I see them out and about with their owners I always ask and see if I can pet them... They need all the love they can get. Dogs love attention!!! :hug:

VU Sponsors