Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Everyone that knocks on my door leaves in a hurry if they only knew my dog only killed people with kindness. o_O

I have to admit though I do kind of like it. I hate being bothered when I am in the middle of such important things like video games or the internet. :giggle::giggle:
The only dogs that scare me are full blooded chihuahuas and Dalmations... Chi's are evil blood thirsty demons from Hades (With the exception of like three that I know) And I had a bad run in with two mean Dalmations who tried to eat me when I was little.

I have been around several different dogs throughout my life and have always had a way with animals. Pitties are some of my favorite breeds. I LOVE all the so called 'Bully' dogs. Rotties, Bulls (all types), etc. I love getting down to their level and rubbing them down, doggy kisses and hugs. I love it all. Any time I see them out and about with their owners I always ask and see if I can pet them... They need all the love they can get. Dogs love attention!!! :hug:

My pittie was the sweetest boy in the world, and a sneaky little shit too. More than once I would be snoring on the couch and he would just have to give me a french kiss. I swear he was giggling while I was sputtering. :teehee: When I use to come home from work after being away for two weeks it took about 48 hours before I could get any decent sleep. Every time I doze off he would be just so glad I was home he would have to come give me kissys.

I miss the hell out of that little boy. He was my buddy.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep! But I have to have a job so..The only place around here that pays well is on a 7 day schedule too.
I figured it out. I've worked 12 days straight minus 3 hours when we got sent home last Saturday.
That shit gets old really fast. During my busy season I was usually working 7 days a week for many years.

Than through the years I finally decided to hire four guys......:blah:

I liked it better when I could do everything myself....now at times it can become a nightmare.....:gaah:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That shit gets old really fast. During my busy season I was usually working 7 days a week for many years.

Than through the years I finally decided to hire four guys......:blah:

I liked it better when I could do everything myself....now at times it can become a nightmare.....:gaah:
It does but I'm holding on to the faith that this won't last much longer. When I first started working there we barely worked 5 days a week so I'll just keep banking the money until it ends. I know we have at least 10 days off for Christmas so I'm just hoping that I last that long! Lol

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It does but I'm holding on to the faith that this won't last much longer. When I first started working there we barely worked 5 days a week so I'll just keep banking the money until it ends. I know we have at least 10 days off for Christmas so I'm just hoping that I last that long! Lol
Hope that new job you mentioned comes through.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hope that new job you mentioned comes through.
It didn't :( I heard from them on my birthday that they had hired someone with more qualifications than I had. What was so funny was that the person they hired was someone I used to work with at AW. She doesn't have more qualifications as she and I were trained for inspection by the same person. However, she IS younger. A helluva lot younger! Lol

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It didn't :( I heard from them on my birthday that they had hired someone with more qualifications than I had. What was so funny was that the person they hired was someone I used to work with at AW. She doesn't have more qualifications as she and I were trained for inspection by the same person. However, she IS younger. A helluva lot younger! Lol
That figures......:(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep! But there may be some good news on the horizon. I was told last week that the offer to become permanent should come this week. Then at least I'll get paid for the Christmas/New Years holidays and I'll get a couple of vacation days between now and the end of the year. :) And a pay raise :)
Well that certainly sounds better than what your doing now....!!

I'll be hoping fer ya Lynn........:confetti:

EDIT:....should have asked what the work schedule would be......:D

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know... Right now I'm working 8 hour days, 7 days a week so 56 hours. I'm a temp though so they can easily get rid of me if they're so inclined. Once I get permanent status, I won't be so hard to get rid of because of protocols they have to follow.
Those are really strange hours, does the company get out of paying overtime?

You would think 5-10 hr days, or 4-12 hr days would work better. Rather than stringing the work out for seven days. Making everyone strungout.

Although I don't know what you do, so I could be totally off base.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No. We get paid overtime for every hour over 40. 3 shifts. They've been talking about making some of the cells 12 hour cells. Work 4 days, off 3. Then the next week, work 3 days with 4 off. Considering some of the parts I handle weigh 25-30lbs, and we produce upwards to 300 in 8 hours, I don't think that I could do that for 12 hours. Some of the folks there already work 12 hour days voluntarily at least 5 days a week. And they're on 7 day work weeks as well. They only work 8's on the weekend.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No. We get paid overtime for every hour over 40. 3 shifts. They've been talking about making some of the cells 12 hour cells. Work 4 days, off 3. Then the next week, work 3 days with 4 off. Considering some of the parts I handle weigh 25-30lbs, and we produce upwards to 300 in 8 hours, I don't think that I could do that for 12 hours. Some of the folks there already work 12 hour days voluntarily at least 5 days a week. And they're on 7 day work weeks as well. They only work 8's on the weekend.
Wow....sounds like someone has a good business going.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My pittie was the sweetest boy in the world, and a sneaky little shit too. More than once I would be snoring on the couch and he would just have to give me a french kiss. I swear he was giggling while I was sputtering. :teehee: When I use to come home from work after being away for two weeks it took about 48 hours before I could get any decent sleep. Every time I doze off he would be just so glad I was home he would have to come give me kissys.

I miss the hell out of that little boy. He was my buddy.

They say it's part of their breed and I believe it at the vet the poor ladies trying to listen to her breathing get kissed all about the face while doing so. She even got the Vet once right in the mouth while she was trying to listen. I always get a kick out of that cause if I could get away with it I would, some of those vet techs and hell the vet herself are real easy on the eyes. :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Need to adjust the gravity some, feel heavy.

It's all okay. One of my former cats is playing with the magnets again. I tripped thrice this morning due to that. This cat moves the magnets to help him keep up his speedy delivery service. Think he invented something using using the electro-magnetic fields as a teleportation system.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They say it's part of their breed and I believe it at the vet the poor ladies trying to listen to her breathing get kissed all about the face while doing so. She even got the Vet once right in the mouth while she was trying to listen. I always get a kick out of that cause if I could get away with it I would, some of those vet techs and hell the vet herself are real easy on the eyes. :D

About 6ish years ago the ex came home all excited with a picture of this adorable puppy on her phone that she wanted. I said ok and then she told me he was a pit and I said no way in hell would I have a killer dog in my house. About 4 weeks after that she brought him home and that little guy totally changed my opinion on pit bulls. He was so sweet and loving and the only dog I ever seen that grinned from ear to ear just because he was happy. I talked with many pit bull owners since then and they all say the same thing, that they are the sweetest breed around. They have a bad rep because people keep blaming the wrong end of the leash.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
About 6ish years ago the ex came home all excited with a picture of this adorable puppy on her phone that she wanted. I said ok and then she told me he was a pit and I said no way in hell would I have a killer dog in my house. About 4 weeks after that she brought him home and that little guy totally changed my opinion on pit bulls. He was so sweet and loving and the only dog I ever seen that grinned from ear to ear just because he was happy. I talked with many pit bull owners since then and they all say the same thing, that they are the sweetest breed around. They have a bad rep because people keep blaming the wrong end of the leash.

I agree, I adopted what I thought was a "lab mix" but as she grew up I realized there was very little lab in there if any at all. And I was nervous at first just knowing how the media portrayed and not much else them but she has changed my mind completely. But I was an easy convert as I always blamed the humans more than the animals now I don't know if I ever will have another type of dog. They will do anything to please their owners to a fault and that's where they get taken advantage of by unscrupulous people.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You married a Romulan?

If only I were so lucky. No, she's an elf & worse a bit of White Lady for all her witching. "She turned me into a newt. ... Well, I got better." :)

Just squonkin' my REO

:cloud::cloud::cloud: I had to try the Clapton craze. Got 26 awg inner wire with 32 awg wrapped outer wire. I was aiming to get a dual coil build of .80 ohm but wound up at .90 ohm even though I did wrap for the .8. To me Clapton seems a little more difficult to manage as the outer wire likes to slip off the inner. Saul Good though. I'll finish out the small spool I got, not sure I'll use any more.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well fugee's, finally got er done. After the flood I lost my laptop and desktop PC and bought a new laptop. I bought a smokin fast one because I like to game on it. Been wanting to put Linux on this laptop because I hate WIndows, I hate it with a passion and Windoze scares me. So easy to hack, get a virus or have it hijacked. Finally got around to downloading an ISO image to a USB stick, messed with it a bit last night and today went ahead and installed it. It fought a little but there is tons of help on the net for Linux. Googled the problem, went straight to a site that had a video of exactly what to do, did it and viola, had a live version running from USB. Told Linux to partition my hard drive, install and it worked perfectly. Restarted and had a few problems but went to advan;15ced startup and it started up just fine. Installed my video drivers, did a full linux update and restarted again, started perfectly. Total time for all this today, 1;15.

Why am I telling yall about this? Because if yall havent tried Linux yet you really need to think about trying it. It is a far safer operation system than Windows and its a lot faster plus it is all free. It takes just a little computer savy to install it at times but if you can read, then help is a google away.

VU Sponsors