Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I first moved to Louisiana I was 16 or 17 and I remember going to school and the teachers name was Hebert. I said Miss He Bert and was instantly corrected by a thick cajun accent that it was pronounced "A bare". Didnt take me long to get with the program. :D

Tchoupitoulas I have also heard pronounced as Ta- chop - uh - tool - us.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Teachers. I was laughing with some grade school friends at my buddy's funeral (I'm German, we do that) about our teachers. Catholic school, but we had some teachers that were not nuns. They were lay teachers. I didn't make up that name. Every classroom was long on the outside wall, and short in depth from the outside wall. A hallway divided a similar row. Teacher used to sit at the long end, and we sat aside the windows. One day, two dogs decided to copulate right next to the flag pole. I can only speculate what incited the desire to do it there. But HALF the school was in full view, and they had already had a few sessions before someone got the idea to call a firedrill and pull us out into the playground. Half weren't in on the joke.

So they decided we had to have our backs to the window. WIDE classroom now, lots of short rows of desks. I always sat in a back corner, by a window. So did most of my friends. We passed notes with paper airplanes when we thought the teacher wouldn't see it. Mrs. Van Veen was.. uh, a Dutch lay teacher, yeah. Except for the tacky 60's bouffant parted in the middle and gobs of makeup, she was pretty hot. One day I got the brilliant idea to pass a note to a bud. Mrs. Van Veen's nose was solid in a book. Well, the windows were open, and the note turned up the middle isle, and came to perfect rest in the part of Mrs. Van Veen's hair. Normally, we'd all act innocent, but this was a Felony. Or whatever we called the mortal sins. I swear, I saw the beginning of a laugh, but she did what she had to do, and sent me where I had to go. Do you know how they came up with the name for a ruler?

She had a thing for Mr. Feretti. WE all knew it. I think the nuns were blind or in denial. My bestie since grade 0, who is still my bestie, sat behind me in Feretti's class. One day, he got me on the neck with a rubberband in the middle of class. I ejaculated an expletive, and got led out of the classroom by Mr. Feretti, steering me by my ears. In the hallway, his eyes were like an OWL. Where'd ya learn THAT word? Why did you scream that out? I wasn't going to rat out my bestie, so I told Feretti I got stung. "Where?" Back of my neck. He looks. Finger long welt. "Do you want to go to the office for first aid?" Nope, sorry about the cuss, can we get back to class? When I went back in the classroom, I pointed RIGHT at my buddy, and said "will you watch my back for bees?". He almost killed himself holding in that laugh. Dick.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Progress report on The Room:

smlr-IMG_0981.jpg

Got all the edging done on the taped parts; tomorrow I can take the roller to it, and also, once it's completely dry in those edges, I can see if any parts need a heavier coat. It looks intensely pink, but only because it's next to that urgly green; when it's done, it'll just be warm and cozy, a fairly low-intensity color.

If you guys are sick of this shit, imagine how my husband feels. :D He is very kindly helping with the clean-up, rinsing out the paint tray right now -- it's just the painting itself that he hates, which is why I'm doing it, which is the only way he would consent to any of this. :giggle: I don't really think of painting as tremendously hard work, but I sure had a good sweat going! :giggle:

I purposely saved the after-dinner dishes so I can take care of my own hand clean-up while I'm playing in the water to do the dishes. :)

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Progress report on The Room:

View attachment 65093

Got all the edging done on the taped parts; tomorrow I can take the roller to it, and also, once it's completely dry in those edges, I can see if any parts need a heavier coat. It looks intensely pink, but only because it's next to that urgly green; when it's done, it'll just be warm and cozy, a fairly low-intensity color.

If you guys are sick of this shit, imagine how my husband feels. :D He is very kindly helping with the clean-up, rinsing out the paint tray right now -- it's just the painting itself that he hates, which is why I'm doing it, which is the only way he would consent to any of this. :giggle: I don't really think of painting as tremendously hard work, but I sure had a good sweat going! :giggle:

I purposely saved the after-dinner dishes so I can take care of my own hand clean-up while I'm playing in the water to do the dishes. :)

Andria
Should look nice when completed. The paint usually changes color slightly when completely dry.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Should look nice when completed. The paint usually changes color slightly when completely dry.

Yes, it gets a bit darker and lower-intensity -- the bottom edge was done first, and it was already dry when I got done with the rest. I'm trying to figure out how I caused my back to start hurting again, but I think it's from leaning while sitting, while I was doing that bottom edge. it takes so little to aggravate my spine! :cuss2:

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, it gets a bit darker and lower-intensity -- the bottom edge was done first, and it was already dry when I got done with the rest. I'm trying to figure out how I caused my back to start hurting again, but I think it's from leaning while sitting, while I was doing that bottom edge. it takes so little to aggravate my spine! :cuss2:

Andria
It's good exercise, gotta look at the bright side.

Actually, I don't mind painting.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was only a matter of time... 4 18650 battery mod, 300+ watts. TC & $40.
2016-IJOY-New-Maxo-315w-TC-Box.jpg
Could stop myself....such little resistance I have for shiny new bizarre objects.....:cry:....:crazy:....:wave:

This should last a few days with quad batteries, should give the Modfather atty a helluva workout....:cloud::cloud::bomb:

Credit Card: MasterCard
Dale
************92XX

Shipping Method:

Free Shipping by USPS Priority
Order Details:

Code Item Qty Price Grand Total
LIM6010-0001 iJoy Maxo 315W TC Mod - Yellow
1 $56.95 $56.95
LIM6010-0003 iJoy Maxo 315W TC Mod - Red
1 $56.95 $56.95

Subtotal: $113.90
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $0.00
Grand Total: $113.90

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could stop myself....such little resistance I have for shiny new bizarre objects.....:cry:....:crazy:....:wave:

This should last a few days with quad batteries, should give the Modfather atty a helluva workout....:cloud::cloud::bomb:

Dale
************92XX

Shipping Method:

Order Details:

1 $56.95 $56.95
1 $56.95 $56.95

We will listen for the explosion.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
None for me either bought mine from GB too over a month to get here.
The snap in SS coils are not bad but better with dual 2.5 mm stainless coils in there.
FT also has the Wanko.
It is kinda a NarDa on steroids.
That atty has been out for a while now, strange no stores in the states have it...that I could find.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Dale
************92XX

Shipping Method:

Order Details:

1 $56.95 $56.95
1 $56.95 $56.95

I didnt buy the Ijoy Maxo but I did buy a couple new shineys today :)

80W Eleaf iStick Pico Mega TC Battery Mod
Color

Black

QTY 3 $68.97
Augvape Merlin rta atomizer-4ML
Color

Silver
QTY 1 $15.99
Ijoy solo plus 85W TC 26650 Mod
Color

Black
QTY 2 $43.98
Subtotal $128.94
Shipping & Handling $25.87
Grand Total $154.81

I like those 26650 mods, battery life is excellent!

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All's I got today was a used RX200S and a used Griffin25. Why? I have no clue. Bought it from a guy at work for $50. Will someone please slap me! :gaah:

SOMEtimes, things I've bought sit unloved, and then I'll try a different setup, and boom, it's love. Just dug out a NaDa yesterday, and waiting on the VT75 Nano to put the tiny thing on. Hitting like a freight train at 1.3 ohms and 20W. That Nano will last a month.

VU Sponsors