Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never minded being in the kitchen because I am a decent cook. What use to piss me off to no ends was absolutely no help at all in the kitchen. It got to the point I did ALL the cooking and ALL the cleaning with the ex never raising a single finger to help but she was sure quick to bitch if the dishes wasnt cleaned or supper wasnt cooked.

Lol. When I first married my wife, we often hosted wine tasting dinners for other wine geeks. Those snooty bastards want GOURMET. I am a very capable cook, and the Mrs. and I would take turns leading the kitchen. They were EPIC battles of gastronomic ridiculousness. She would make masterpieces of regular food. I cheated, I'd shop the high end markets for the best stuff. She used to give me hell about that "it's EASY being a great chef, when you start with GREAT ingredients".

Anyway, she bought and studied The Art of French Cooking, and a bunch of other classic amazing cookbooks. She has WAY surpassed me now, and does ALL the cooking. Out of respect, I always cleared away her dishes and mine and put them in the dishwasher, and throw in on the cleanup. The daughter just throws her dirty stuff in the sink. I got tired of being Bad Cop and giving her hell for it, and the Mrs. is always Good Cop. Daughter wouldn't mend her ways, Mrs. wouldn't support my efforts to change her. So now, I get up and put my dirty shit in the sink and go on about my day. It doesn't take a 4x4 across the head for me to get the idea.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol. When I first married my wife, we often hosted wine tasting dinners for other wine geeks. Those snooty bastards want GOURMET. I am a very capable cook, and the Mrs. and I would take turns leading the kitchen. They were EPIC battles of gastronomic ridiculousness. She would make masterpieces of regular food. I cheated, I'd shop the high end markets for the best stuff. She used to give me hell about that "it's EASY being a great chef, when you start with GREAT ingredients".

Anyway, she bought and studied The Art of French Cooking, and a bunch of other classic amazing cookbooks. She has WAY surpassed me now, and does ALL the cooking. Out of respect, I always cleared away her dishes and mine and put them in the dishwasher, and throw in on the cleanup. The daughter just throws her dirty stuff in the sink. I got tired of being Bad Cop and giving her hell for it, and the Mrs. is always Good Cop. Daughter wouldn't mend her ways, Mrs. wouldn't support my efforts to change her. So now, I get up and put my dirty shit in the sink and go on about my day. It doesn't take a 4x4 across the head for me to get the idea.
I just try to pitch in where needed if I go to someone's house. I live alone so I cook AND clean. lol

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was only a matter of time... 4 18650 battery mod, 300+ watts. TC & $40.
2016-IJOY-New-Maxo-315w-TC-Box.jpg

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doh! I'm such a doofus, why didn't I think of that?

Dood, I see you have well wandered down the path of enjoying getting thyself in the deepest of Shite.. I am down. I LOVE getting to the razors edge of being tolerated. But the art, the REAL fun, is knowing how to again EXTRACT yourself from said Shite, quickly and cleanly. All while exuding an essence of the most pleasurable aroma..

CI_munstead-wood-ausbernard-d.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.966.966.jpeg

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dood, I see you have well wandered down the path of enjoying getting thyself in the deepest of Shite.. I am down. I LOVE getting to the razors edge of being tolerated. But the art, the REAL fun, is knowing how to again EXTRACT yourself from said Shite, quickly and cleanly.
Sometimes (OK, usually) I'm not as graceful about getting out of the pile as you are, though I do always manage to get out. You seem to have mastered it though.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well yeah, but truth be told, I've slid over that edge plenty enough times to earn a little competence. Pulling yourself back up OVER it teaches a lot. Did I ever tell you about.. ah, nebbemind. Hahaha...

I'm nuttier than a fruit cake, and probably a poor influence..

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I loved my Moms name. Denise Pierette Brunelle. My Dad, he's German. Heinz just doesn't roll off the tongue like Denise Pierette.
My mother's name was Olga. They named her after a Russian Olga Spessivtseva. She hated her name because of the sound. Denise Pierette is a lovely name.
I'd have to agree with you on the Heinz. I know a Heinz from Germany and he is an ass. :oops:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mother's name was Olga. They named her after a Russian Olga Spessivtseva. She hated her name because of the sound. Denise Pierette is a lovely name.
I'd have to agree with you on the Heinz. I know a Heinz from Germany and he is an ass. :oops:

See, I think Olga is kinda hot. Slavik, sultry. Sorry about my dad.. ;)

VU Sponsors