ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man, one of the posts in my Chalice III is stripped :(

Anyone know where I can get a replacement or know someone who can fix it?

I love that atty but am loathe to spend the bucks to replace it at this point.
What's stripped, the head of the grub screw or the threads in the post?

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Threads to the post. The grub screw still threads very smoothly onto the other post

Edit: Both grub screws thread easily onto one post, not the other.

Shoot. Did you put your name on FT's email notification? Maybe if they get enough requests...
Sorry to hear that your sweet tootle,won't puff. What does MB want for the piece?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Shoot. Did you put your name on FT's email notification? Maybe if they get enough requests...
Sorry to hear that your sweet tootle,won't puff. What does MB want for the piece?

Haven't contacted them yet - will as a last resort.

Emailed them once about the Gem and dealing with Romania was WEIRD

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's.

Well I did it again. Dozed off at 7 pm watching TV and slept 5 hours solid. And only on one beer! Now its 2:30, dishes are all washed, loaf of sourdough bread mixed up and its rising, kitchen has been vacuumed and bacon is cooking. Maybe by 4 am I can doze off again...........

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't have dry skin, but my fingertips? Yeah, NOT the moistest part of any body, really. It was a good idea, and if I have something with condensation on it nearby, I can always make it work by touching my fingertip to the glass or whatever first., but it is way to flaky to count on, without having to rely on licking your finger sometimes. Pretty though,, and light as a feather. It weighs almost nothing until you put a battery in it.

View attachment 65007

That's kinda interesting. You know how card readers in stores have touch-screens, for the yes/no questions? (do you want cash back, do you agree with this total) When I smoked, I could NEVER EVER get those stupid touchscreens to work! I'd have to grab my husband's hand and poke HIS finger at them! But since I switched to vaping? Haven't had a problem with a single one!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Addictions are such ironic diseases to me. I have gone extended periods without alcohol, both as a test (for a year) and sometimes it just doesn't fit in with what I am doing. On my motorcycle trip this summer, I almost never drank. I was riding or I was sleeping. I never gave it much thought. I've run with a wild bunch too, and while I was happy to explore, nothing ever "bit" me, and as I get older, I just have NO interest. Even gambling and things like that.It's OK.. The wife never has to worry about me losing the house over anything, that's for sure. I AM thankful that I don't seem to have whatever gene or whatever it is, that creates addiction or the tendency.

I'm sure it isn't easy to watch people enjoy what you just cannot. I'd feel bad about joking about having fun with it, but THAT is a slippery slope. Not being able to talk about normal things in life that a select group has a problem dealing with. It would take things to a whole new level of PC. Not that you've ASKED us to not talk about it, I've never seen that from anyone anywhere. But it DOES apply to a lot of things that aren't so different.
Only addiction I ever got was Wimmin and smokin.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will look really nice, Andria...I love that fuzzy feelin when a plan finally comes to fruition.....:confetti:

I bet you like that feeling too.

Well, I'm still kinda bummed that I never got a chance to share all these redecorating details with my mom; that was one of her absolute passions, and for her grandson? She'd have loved it. But I can't abandon it now just because she's gone and I'm sad, and it will make a good pasttime to help me get my mind on something not so sad -- covering up that godawful green paint will thrill me to my toes!

Got a couple loads of laundry to do, while I'm cooking breakfast and farting around here, then after I eat, on to painting! :bingo:

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only addiction I ever got was Wimmin and smokin.

Yep. I started smoking when I was 11. Busted at 12, and told I was free to choose, and could smoke in the house if I wanted. THAT was frikkin weird, man. My dad was a grouchy strict Kraut. I feared everything about him, so I don't know what that was about. My friends then started all coming to MY house, so we could play cards and smoke and not be cold.

Quit when I was 17 because I had signed up for the Military, and was worried about PT. Got to Lackland AFB, and the trend was "Smoke em if ya got em, if you don't, clean these barracks" so of course I started smoking again. Quit many many many times. Once for 6 years! I could quit as easy as I started, but everyone smoked, and eventually, I would bum one and marry 20. I couldn't quit cold turkey too well, but with a patch, easy peasy.

Wimmin, I have come to realize that is a hopeless addiction. Fortunately, the one I married 23 years ago fits me to a tee. I still like to look and to flirt, but I AM a one woman man. Or else.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Moooo....how was your day?

Mine was pretty shitty, long day, and it's unrealistically HOT.....STILL.....:devil:

Rainy and cold. High of 44. Pretty much the same today. If we could MELD our weather, we'd both be enjoying mid 60's and partly cloudy. Sigh.

66369751.jpg

Hey, how long before you get that Low Boy? Oooh, I was looking at one, GAWGESS!!! When are they supposed to be delivering that? What a joyful day THAT will be in Phoenix.

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damnit. I would love a piece of THAT. Congrats, Doc. Things are getting back to normal when a dood is in the kitchen.
Man that sounds good. With gobs of butter. YUM!

I been using that Amish Roll butter which is like %85 butter fat and its real good melted on it. 4 am when I took it out the oven I had to try a slice and it was so hot the butter melted instantly. Mmmmmm it was good!

I never minded being in the kitchen because I am a decent cook. What use to piss me off to no ends was absolutely no help at all in the kitchen. It got to the point I did ALL the cooking and ALL the cleaning with the ex never raising a single finger to help but she was sure quick to bitch if the dishes wasnt cleaned or supper wasnt cooked.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I been using that Amish Roll butter which is like %85 butter fat and its real good melted on it. 4 am when I took it out the oven I had to try a slice and it was so hot the butter melted instantly. Mmmmmm it was good!

I never minded being in the kitchen because I am a decent cook. What use to piss me off to no ends was absolutely no help at all in the kitchen. It got to the point I did ALL the cooking and ALL the cleaning with the ex never raising a single finger to help but she was sure quick to bitch if the dishes wasnt cleaned or supper wasnt cooked.
That just blows my mind when I read the stuff you write about her. Sounds pretty selfish. :(
Glad you're enjoying that bread and butter. I love bread! I used to make it home made. With the yeast, and then kneading it, etc. Good stuff.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That just blows my mind when I read the stuff you write about her. Sounds pretty selfish. :(
Glad you're enjoying that bread and butter. I love bread! I used to make it home made. With the yeast, and then kneading it, etc. Good stuff.

She called me yesterday to see if I had a spare key to the truck I sold to her cousin. I looked around and finally found one and called her back where she got real chatty so I asked her if she is ever going to let me see Rascal again. She said no and thats when she moved from the fuckin bitch section to absolute cunt section.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hear tell???o_O hehehe
Man, I'm glad it's nice here. REAL nice!
View attachment 65037

78 here, since there are some clouds today -- I think they call this "partly sunny". Really nice, but I had to turn the AC down earlier, it gets warm, getting stuff from the dryer. :D

And I'm thinking I may hold off till tomorrow, to start the painting. Not feeling too hot; tummy sez "go back to bed plz". I'm thinking I may do that. Oh well, at least I got 2 loads of laundry done, so not a totally wasted day.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I believe "hear tell" is more of a Tennessee/Kentucky/West Virginia northern Yankee redneck term. I have heard it before but I dont remember hearing it as a common usage phrase anywhere from Bama to the Bayou.
Yes, this is true. Now I remember where I heard it. The Andy Griffith Show.

I asked her if she is ever going to let me see Rascal again. She said no
UNBELIEVABLE! That's evil. What a selfish #@!$%^@@#$ :tantrum:
Sorry, I get really hot under the collar when it comes to using an animal --- or a child as a weapon. I wouldn't give her the key. I'd tell her to go jump off the Atchafalaya bridge head first!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I believe "hear tell" is more of a Tennessee/Kentucky/West Virginia northern Yankee redneck term. I have heard it before but I dont remember hearing it as a common usage phrase anywhere from Bama to the Bayou.

My grandparents used that term... but I guess N. GA is technically southern appalachia. My grandmother also had the WEIRDEST term for giving you a spanking or switching; she said she would "make you dance joober." Nobody had any idea where that came from, or what it actually meant, other than her meaning of spanking/switching. It was a big amusing family mystery.... Then one day when I had nothing to read, I looked at the classics on my son's shelf, and decided that since I'd never read Huck Finn, I'd go on and read that -- and lo and behold, found out that "dancing the juba" was a slave thing, a religious dance around a campfire, clapping overhead and hollering all the while. So now I know where "dance joober" came from. :D My grandmother was born in 1904; I reckon her mother would have been born somewhere around 1880-1885, so possibly my grandmother heard it from HER grandparents, if they survived into her lifetime -- quite possible, since my grandmother was the 2nd oldest in her family.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My grandparents used that term... but I guess N. GA is technically southern appalachia. My grandmother also had the WEIRDEST term for giving you a spanking or switching; she said she would "make you dance joober." Nobody had any idea where that came from, or what it actually meant, other than her meaning of spanking/switching. It was a big amusing family mystery.... Then one day when I had nothing to read, I looked at the classics on my son's shelf, and decided that since I'd never read Huck Finn, I'd go on and read that -- and lo and behold, found out that "dancing the juba" was a slave thing, a religious dance around a campfire, clapping overhead and hollering all the while. So now I know where "dance joober" came from. :D My grandmother was born in 1904; I reckon her mother would have been born somewhere around 1880-1885, so possibly my grandmother heard it from HER grandparents, if they survived into her lifetime -- quite possible, since my grandmother was the 2nd oldest in her family.

Andria
My grandfather was born in the 1800's. Here's his grave. My family had kids late in life. My mom was born in 1927.
upload_2016-10-27_13-21-17.png

VU Sponsors