Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The authentics are made by titanium-mods.com, but I have 2 clones, of the originals; broke down and bought one of the authentic Achilles II's when this FDA bullshit was announced back in the spring, but I don't like it NEARLY as well as the originals -- too airy. I managed to address that problem by inserting a 12ga blunt needle in the inner airhole and cutting it off with a dremel wheel, but unfortunately, unlike the originals, the bastard LEAKS! :cuss2: I replaced the o-ring at the point where the tank part screws onto the base, but it didn't help, so there must be a problem with the threads there.

I also hate the new AFC control; much preferred the originals' hex-key adjustment on the bottom, like kayfuns had. And I have to wonder if that new-fangled AFC adjustment ring might be part of the reason for the leaking.

Andria

Yeah, that's Bashik. They make great stuff, but titanium is a REALLY dry thread. VERY easy to cross thread, bind, whatever. I have some mods like that. LOVE the weight, though. I wish I could help, but I'm not familiar with the achilles.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Andria, thinking about it, I had a problem with the prometey leaking. Of course, it would always leak if you filled it above the "chimney" in the middle. All his mods started out as Blue Foam topfeeders, oddly enough. WEIRD design, never tried to use it. Anway, even if I didn't overfill it, when I dripped directly onto the coil, some would drop directly below the coil into the air chamber, then leak out. Just a WAG?

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bourbon never DID show up... Oh well, I have the Martinelli family from Sonoma to keep me company. The stomach lining approves.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, thinking about it, I had a problem with the prometey leaking. Of course, it would always leak if you filled it above the "chimney" in the middle. All his mods started out as Blue Foam topfeeders, oddly enough. WEIRD design, never tried to use it. Anway, even if I didn't overfill it, when I dripped directly onto the coil, some would drop directly below the coil into the air chamber, then leak out. Just a WAG?

What's a WAG?

I know what you mean about if liquid gets down that inner airhole; I've had that happen a few times, if I slightly overfilled it... but with the Achilles II, that's not it; it leaks from the seam there where the tank meets the base. When I *first* replaced that o-ring, it seemed fixed, but a week later, it was doing it again. *sigh* At least I got it to a tightness I like, in the draw, by inserting that 12ga needle and cutting it down, so it can at least be used for tasting, but not for just sitting around vaping -- the originals, never EVER leak, unless I get carried away filling it.

I did the same thing with 13ga needles in my Magmas, which makes them a tighter draw as I like, but they still leak, and of course they only hold about 1ml, so they're also just for tasting. I only use the Achilles. Since I just vape my strawberry & cream all the time, I really just use ONE of my Achilles.

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's a WAG?

I know what you mean about if liquid gets down that inner airhole; I've had that happen a few times, if I slightly overfilled it... but with the Achilles II, that's not it; it leaks from the seam there where the tank meets the base. When I *first* replaced that o-ring, it seemed fixed, but a week later, it was doing it again. *sigh* At least I got it to a tightness I like, in the draw, by inserting that 12ga needle and cutting it down, so it can at least be used for tasting, but not for just sitting around vaping -- the originals, never EVER leak, unless I get carried away filling it.

I did the same thing with 13ga needles in my Magmas, which makes them a tighter draw as I like, but they still leak, and of course they only hold about 1ml, so they're also just for tasting. I only use the Achilles. Since I just vape my strawberry & cream all the time, I really just use ONE of my Achilles.

Andria

You're going to get wrinkles from closing your air down like that, Andria. BREATHE.... ;)

Edit: Oh, a WAG. That's a wild ass goose, I guess. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You're going to get wrinkles from closing your air down like that, Andria. BREATHE.... ;)

Edit: Oh, a WAG. That's a wild ass goose, I guess. :)

Already got wrinkles. When I want to breathe, I don't hold a vape up to my lips. When I want a vape, I don't want air, I want vapor, with my lips and mouth doing the same thing they did when I smoked cigarettes -- pucker up and SUCK. :) This is the EXACT reason why vaping works, and pretend-smoking with an empty straw never did: RESISTANCE... and I don't mean ohms.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
AnD why the HELL is everyone always trying to talk me out of the extremely-tight draw THAT I LOVE, which is the ONLY way that vaping works for me AT ALL!!!!! I'm not trying to refrain from HUFFING! I'm trying to refrain from SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They have lines in Valdez?
They do today. It's a historic day for the majority of Alaskans who voted. Coming from as far as hundreds of miles away, A giant crowd of 45 attend. LOL.

AnD why the HELL is everyone always trying to talk me out of the extremely-tight draw THAT I LOVE, which is the ONLY way that vaping works for me AT ALL!!!!! I'm not trying to refrain from HUFFING! I'm trying to refrain from SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!
Andria

I would NEVER want you to change, Andria. It is much too fun setting you off once in awhile and watching the fireworks. ;) There may not be a vaper alive with an internet connection that doesn't know your views on this.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They do today. It's a historic day for the majority of Alaskans who voted. Coming from as far as hundreds of miles away, A giant crowd of 45 attend. LOL.

ROFL! Like that hurricane that hit Haiti recently... massive destruction, at least $100 worth of damage. :giggle:

I would NEVER want you to change, Andria. It is much too fun setting you off once in awhile and watching the fireworks. ;) There may not be a vaper alive with an internet connection that doesn't know your views on this.

Heh. Well the wrinkles argument is actually a valid one, if I didn't already have those smoker's vertical wrinkles around my lips -- too late to do anything about them now. But if I was a vaper in my 30s instead of my 50s, I might actually consider switching over to huffing, just to avoid any further vertical wrinkling -- I realized when I started vaping that that particular ship had sailed long ago, for me. Now I just hope to avoid lung cancer, or my asthma developing into COPD -- asthma is typically fairly static, either you have it or you don't, and aside from the occasional PITA asthma attack, doesn't really change, while COPD is progressively destructive.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
GM Hank, Fugees. GFY. I'll be happy when Lucy gets back from standing in line in Valdez. I miss her.

Stood in line yesterday - Alaska's first something-we're-not-supposed-to-talk-about-even-if-it's-legal-in-your-state store opened in Valdez yesterday and had to give it a try even though I quit that shit decades ago, lol.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I meant to reply to this, about the Prometey -- I've got one of those too, but the lack of a well is why I don't use it. The "foam" stuff, I don't use, for the same reason I had to quit using cartos -- my juice being a massive gunk monster. If there was any way of hollowing out the base to give it a well, I'd like it as well as I like my Achilles.

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm not, not really -- it's probably cheaper if I keep going to "that guy I know." :giggle:

Andria

There's that but the risk here is getting out of hand, I just want to be a customer not a criminal. So for now I have given up on it until my state gets it's head out of it's ass or I save up enough to move to Colorado. I hate the weather here anyway. :)

Better shut up now before I cross a forum line or if I have already you know I hate breaking forum rules. :giggle::giggle::giggle::devil::devil::devil:

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
evening fugees hope the weekend has found you all good. Been busy making up juice all day to last me a week or two, real life has been hectic
and i needed to be prepared.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stood in line yesterday - Alaska's first something-we're-not-supposed-to-talk-about-even-if-it's-legal-in-your-state store opened in Valdez yesterday and had to give it a try even though I quit that shit decades ago, lol.

I'm like Varys, with hair, and a penis. ;)

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have some good sweets recipes, but nothing in the way of Cheetos.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never quit....but it's been awhile, need to start again....:)

Put on "Things to do" list......:popcorn:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never quit....but it's been awhile, need to start again....:)

Put on "Things to do" list......:popcorn:

I had too, Dale. Then I passed twice through Colorado. I may be set for quite some time now. :drunk:

GM, Fugees. If you can't find someone to fornicate with, you know what to do.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dear GOD! I do not want to see any of the candudates in a swimsuit! Is it too late to get Palin in the race? She was kinda hot...

Today she is busy. Serving the community as a mentor for the children of unwed teenage mothers. Grandma will be busy with that until Bristol gets back from her "Abstinence Tour". She was kinda hot, thus further defining the term "Hot Mess".

Last edited:

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno, I think I could get behind this...

palin-hot-picture.jpg

VU Sponsors