Become a Patron!

favorite rda

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Used to be the velocity, the phenotype L has stepped in and taken that spot.
Simple reasons gigantic post holes and wide open deck, deep juice well and amazing AFC and its so simple
3d9ea10da5892939ae92bbcb0ea52319.jpg

To put in perspective that is a 26(? Stainless is sized differently than traditional) Fused Clapton with 32 outer and I can fit 2 easy

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My favorite is my Lush. Easy to build on 4 post deck, large and deep juice well, doesn't leak a drop, when I over drip, unless it falls on its side, massive adjustable air holes for cooling down the vapor yet not too airy like my Troll when the holes are wide open. I'm new to building so I just turn a dual coil parallel with the vent holes and wick it with a bunny ear on the upper part. Nothing fancy but it makes it dang hard to miss drop juice with the cap still on. My Mad Hatter gives a smidge more flavor with sweet juices like breakfast cereals and whipped topping type, my Troll makes bigger clouds but the Lush with fruit flavored juices (my current favorite flavor direction) tastes like I'm eating the fruit and still gives enough cloud where I can't use it while driving, even with the windows in my truck down. And it looks like a fighter pilot from the evil empire in Star Wars

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
what is your favorite rda/rda you are using now and why
i am using the centurion rda by cci with fused claptons ohming in at .28
I have so many right now only cause Im using it on my DNA 200 is the Mutation X V4 authentic I kinda carved out the holes bigger and with SS its just a monster .. For me its just a great all around I can either kinda pull of a Magma or Freakshow or I can just go all out and blow clouds.. Now this could change in 15 minutes :)

mountainbikermark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had a troll. For the price it was amazing.
So much air flow is taking a bit of getting used to for me. I started with the Mad Hatter, thought that was very airy until getting the Lush, which I then thought was very airy but now both seem much less airy. The Troll I just inhale with no resistance at all it seems. It's kicking my lungs into another level when I do deep,4+ second draws.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been loving my new Sapor and Lush.

Before these, the only Wotofo atty I had owned was the Troll, which is still currently a great vapor atty. They've really stepped up the build quality since then, though. I remember when I got my Troll, I noticed that it just felt cheap. Not only was the paint peeling and chipping from the moment I started using it, but they painted it on the inside! It was a well-designed atty with a really bad build.

The paint on these is much nicer and more durable thus far. I'm on a splatter kick atm. The machining is better, the orings are better, they feel solid and sturdy. The decks are much kinder to my wires. They look nice, they feel nice, they build nice, and they vape nice.

I think that these are the first cheap atties that I haven't needed to, at some point, look at some aspect of them and think to myself "Yeah, well, it's cheap." But no, these are both high-quality, well-deigned atties. The Sapor is a kick-ass flavor atty. I don't own any other flavor atties, so I can't really compare, but I am nonetheless impressed. The Lush is also pretty good flavor-wise, but I'm more into that one for being a no-nonsense atty with an airflow setup that's just perfectly balanced for how I vape. I like lots of airflow, but I dislike stupid-wide chuffs and prefer a very slightly restrictive drag. Both are very smooth, warm, and dense vapes.

Wotofo is on a roll right now. They have come a long way from where I remember them being. I've got a Mutation X v3 , v4, Troll, Velocity and Twisted Messes that are all taking back seats to these puppies right now. I may snag a couple more while all of the finish options are still out there.

Now, if only they would make a two post, Velocity-style atty...

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only have one that I use, its the steam Crave but I love it. The air flow is pretty amazing.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
By far and away I prefer my Twisted Messes over any other of my RDAs - I have at least seven floating around. Last night we qweree screwing around with the Twisted at the B+M. We built a coil around a 4 m bit. Yes, 4 m bit. It was huge! Used regualr kanthal 24 gauge - wrapped a dual to .4 ohms. We stuffed it with cotton. I mean stuffed. It tasted good, vaped really nice and pro=duced some cloud.

The twisted deck (there is a special edition now, btw) is great for building just about anything you want to exoperiment with. Quads duals fancy alien and claptons anything. I love my other RDAs especially my Doge 2 but the Twisted is king. I own a few Wotofo attys. I'm not a fan. They sit on my shelf. I have better flavor from a derringer or APO. I also like the dark horse on occasion - easy for a quick build. And I use my royal hunter from time to time.

Everything is preference. What I like might be quite the opposite of what others like. How I build my coils and wick is probably quite different from others as well. I vape my velocity with a single vertical clapton coil at .5 ohm. My Doge 2 is now built at .08 ( do not build this low folks unless you really know what you are doing).

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mutation X v4, troll by wotofo with chuff cap. Both inexpensive and bad ass.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Dark Laughter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have three and each one for a different build dual Ti setup on my Doge V2, a basic 24g Kanthal setup on a Mad Hatter, and a Clapton setup on my Mutation X V4!

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Petri dot mod has proven to be my favorite over the last 6 months, the velocity is a wonderful RDA but the flavor I get from the Petri is by far the best I own. I do like the lush though, for a budget RDA its pretty sweet too:)

I tend to wonder how much more they can really do with these things, only so many ways they can be built and really in the end its all preference and what build your rollin...

Sean.King

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Used to be the Velocity. For the past two months its the black twisted messes. It fits huge builds, has alot of drip tip options, different colored afc sleeves, tons of spare parts, and the flavor is good. Its a builders playground.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still in love with my twisted messes for all the reasons above but it also has an amazingly deep juice well, I can get almost 10 long hits at over 70 watts which is impressive in my book. The flavor is average but since I can stuff big huge wires in there i can get an amazingly dense, flavorful vape.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm still in love with my twisted messes for all the reasons above but it also has an amazingly deep juice well, I can get almost 10 long hits at over 70 watts which is impressive in my book. The flavor is average but since I can stuff big huge wires in there i can get an amazingly dense, flavorful vape.

10 hits IS impressive. I get 3 or 4.

mountainbikermark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
10 hits IS impressive. I get 3 or 4.

Since putting in a vertical coil with minimal cotton in the juice well I don't use a needle to drip but use the eye dropper of the glass bottle instead. I was having to drip drip drip with the needle tip for about 40 drops, only to get 8-10 puffs, but now just use the big tip . As long as I don't tip the unit I get about 30 3+ second draws before it starts to taste bland (~2 hits before dry cotton) without making a mess. I drop about 1/2 an eye dropper full with each refill in my Lush. It ain't really dripping anymore, more like guzzling with the .5 ohm dc setup at 35-40 watts. I like a cool wet vape and the cloud I exhale pretty much starts to fall to the floor as it exits my mouth or nose from being so heavy. Farthest I can get it out is less than 10' in a warm room, less in cool damp outside temps we're having here right now.
If I want more flavor I raise the watts and take shorter puffs.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited:

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Troll is hard to beat for the money.

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im still enjoying the hell out of my derringer. got it some readyxWick 2 weeks ago man it couldnt get any better!

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a few favourites for differing moods.

The Derringer for stealth vaping, the Phenotype L for its airflow flavour and clouds. Love my black twisted messes for its easy to build on deck.

However I now have 3 Kennedy 24s and they have become my all day, go anywhere vape. No nonsense quality, no leakage, and no stupid o-ring issues. Simple and effective.

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Love mine for the same reason but at 80 watts, it's a beast. I also love the Temple.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love the velocity for ease of building with the post design. I also like that I can run it at lower watts and air flow for great flavor, or crank up the watts and air flow to chuck some really good clouds. I really like my Mutation X V4, but don't love it. The air flow is awesome, and the deck is really easy to work on. It just seems to make a mess (even with the lower air flow plugs inserted).

EWolk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I own/owned/used all RDAs mentioned above and NONE can top the all-round perfection that is my comp version Kennedy. Amazing dense flavor and vapor production for days, and a build quality head & shoulders above the norm. Honorable mentions to the: Phenotype-L, Twisted Messes & Bellus rdta. Vape on!!

She Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I only have one that I use, its the steam Crave but I love it. The air flow is pretty amazing.

thinking of buying that one. Can you give me an idea of one you might compare it to?
And/or, best for cloudz or flavour? Keep hearing both, not sure which is accurate

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thinking of buying that one. Can you give me an idea of one you might compare it to?
And/or, best for cloudz or flavour? Keep hearing both, not sure which is accurate
This is my first rda so I have nothing to compare it to. I will say the flavor is great, my only complaint is the non-adjustable airflow. It's OK on clouds but nothing major really. I will soon have a royal hunter mini, and I'll give you a comparison when I receive that. Should be here Monday. The Royal hunter mini has adjustable air flow, so I'll tell you what I like about both when I get it. Overall I'd say the steam Crave is great for someone starting out dripping or someone who wants decent flavor but I wouldn't say its going to keep you satisfied if you've been dripping awhile. It's a bit of a drier vape as well.

She Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmmm. Interesting. Ok, I better wait then. Thanks.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's my experience. I was coughing a lot, so I thought hmm, maybe I should inhale faster. Now the airflow is OK when you inhale slower but if you want to turn up the watts or build lower and you need to inhale faster to avoid choking on hot vape, that's where you see the limit to the steam Crave airflow. I would just drill it out, but it has a sleeve inside and if I drilled the air holes I'd get metal shavings inside the sleeve and I'm afraid I might end up inhaling some of those metal shavings.

She Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i think you have just killed all desire for it lol thanks though, better so than sorry i bought it

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i think you have just killed all desire for it lol thanks though, better so than sorry i bought it
I actually seem to have found a happy medium with the steam crave. First it should be noted I use rayon for wicking material. I feel that wicking material makes a difference. I used as thick of a wick as I could fit in my coil, and I'm now finding I don't have to inhale as quickly. The vapor stays cooler for longer. I'm using a 0.93 coil and I'm at 18w. The flavor is great, and I'm able to take 6-7 second pulls. I'm sure you can imagine what the vapor is like on a 6s pull lol.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For clouds -the indestructible with cloud chaser kit or the Kennedy comp
For flavor- the aeolusv2pro
For a combination-petrirda (ss)or tugboat v2(kanthal)

whitepony1986

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my favorite now is the royal hunter from council of vapor

She Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually seem to have found a happy medium with the steam crave. First it should be noted I use rayon for wicking material. I feel that wicking material makes a difference. I used as thick of a wick as I could fit in my coil, and I'm now finding I don't have to inhale as quickly. The vapor stays cooler for longer. I'm using a 0.93 coil and I'm at 18w. The flavor is great, and I'm able to take 6-7 second pulls. I'm sure you can imagine what the vapor is like on a 6s pull lol.

Making a difficult atomizer work for you is a sign of an experienced vaper. i saw it on sale in china and wondered why there had been such a drop in price. Thought something must be wrong. I imagine many don't know how to make it right. I have rayon as well. I will still consider it. Half the fun is getting it to do what you want it to.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Making a difficult atomizer work for you is a sign of an experienced vaper. i saw it on sale in china and wondered why there had been such a drop in price. Thought something must be wrong. I imagine many don't know how to make it right. I have rayon as well. I will still consider it. Half the fun is getting it to do what you want it to.
I figured out what the problem is. It has to do with the way the airflow is designed. It has holes on the outside, and slots between the outer and inner sleeves. The airflow is supposed to tunnel down the slots to the coil. If you leave your wicks too long that the ends are sitting underneath the coil, then enough air doesn't get to the coil and it makes it feel like there isn't enough air flow. I trimmed my wick ends down and I'm having no more problems with air flow. I was coughing and just overall not that happy with this rda, but now I've got a build I like, figured out where I like my power settings, and with it properly wicked to not block air flow to the coil, I'm finding it works much better. Now, the only thing I will say is if you are looking for an rda with wide open air flow, the steam crave is not it, but the flow is decent for the way it is designed.

She Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I figured out what the problem is. It has to do with the way the airflow is designed. It has holes on the outside, and slots between the outer and inner sleeves. The airflow is supposed to tunnel down the slots to the coil. If you leave your wicks too long that the ends are sitting underneath the coil, then enough air doesn't get to the coil and it makes it feel like there isn't enough air flow. I trimmed my wick ends down and I'm having no more problems with air flow. I was coughing and just overall not that happy with this rda, but now I've got a build I like, figured out where I like my power settings, and with it properly wicked to not block air flow to the coil, I'm finding it works much better. Now, the only thing I will say is if you are looking for an rda with wide open air flow, the steam crave is not it, but the flow is decent for the way it is designed.

Hmmm. Interesting. Wicking, I believe is #1 so that does put a new spin on it. Ok, I think i am going to go for it anyhow. I am actually looking for an atomizer without open air flow. I find most of them too open at the moment so that might be the key to my liking it, the wicking style rather than the choice of material you have used (although i would try that as well). Ok, I think i will buy it after all. Thanks for all of that.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nixon RDA. Bottom air feed, plenty of room to build with and easy adjust air flow.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Royal hunter, and hunter mini are my faves.used to be zenith v2 but since iv had the hunters iv not used the zenith.

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk

She Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking for a great RDA for today, best suited for flavour, good enough to be used for testing DIY. Have tried so many but all seem best suited for clouds. If anyone has a suggestion, that is further followed by others in agreement, I would be willing to try. No more buying them on one person's say so as I have a drawer full of stock I don't use having listened to one person's reviews only.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the Tobeco velocity mini. You can have the airflow wide open or close it down pretty tight, and it comes with an adaptor to put in a small drip tip. Flavor is fantastic! (It also comes with a squonker pin, so I think I'm going to put it on my Reo!). It's incredibly easy to build, which is a huge plus in my book.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looking for a great RDA for today, best suited for flavour, good enough to be used for testing DIY. Have tried so many but all seem best suited for clouds. If anyone has a suggestion, that is further followed by others in agreement, I would be willing to try. No more buying them on one person's say so as I have a drawer full of stock I don't use having listened to one person's reviews only.

How many of them are bottom air flow? I personally find I get more flavor out of the Holmes/Magma and Nixon RDA's than I do the side air flow rda's that I have used.

I like the Nixon and the Holmes RDA just a slight bit more than the Magma RDA's because they have more air flow, my wife prefers the magma because she doesn't care for that much air flow and it's smaller chamber gives a slightly warmer vape. I would love to try a Viking RDA and I was about to get one but after getting the Magma and Nixon I don't see the need to shell out $125 for the Viking.

Last edited:

Smokin' Iron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the Buddha Z V2 the most of any RDA I have ever had. The 30mm deck is huge and easy to build on with 3mm post holes that you can fit a coat hanger in. The deep juice well gives a lot of vaping time and the air flow combinations are endless. It is a rock solid quality built RDA.

When I'm not vaping on the Buddha or want a smaller package a Tobeco Velocity is the second favorite horse in the stable.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey I understand, bro. I'm not trying to influence you to buy the steam Crave. I do personally think it is a good rda for flavor, but that's just my opinion. I'm just sharing my experience and opinions on it. Personally I think it is an Ok rda. It's the only one I've used so far, but tomorrow I will have a royal hunter mini and a fat Buddha. I honestly think I will like wide open air flow more. But you might not. Whatever you want to invest in, that's up to you.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I must say I like the royal hunter mini much better than the steam crave.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
My favorite RDA out of my currently 58 RDAs, is the Castor RDA by Fog Monsterz. Besides having excellent airflow, it also has excellent flavor. It looks like you can't buy it anywhere anymore.

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My favorite rda(s) right now are the REM and the Vortice. The REM is my go to tester for new builds and has awesome cloud production. The Vortice is my go to for flavor. The Vortice is up there with the Kennedy and the fishbone. But everything is subjective. What works for me may not work for others.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an Ivogo Velocity clone that's just great. Easy build, great flavor and endless airflow options.

I also have two Petri 1.5 clones that are awesome as well. Outstanding flavor, perfect airflow for me and they both came with the matching Dotmod style drip tips. They're a bit more of a PITA to build on because the posts have two holes side by side and one screw to hold down the leads. I use 24 gauge and it can be difficult to get the screw to hold both of them down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This today
f7b18af0579d01514a0a9c68e9c41917.jpg

Single Clapton
22g n80 NICHROME
32g n 80
5/6 wraps

VAPE ON