FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure she has posted it here or not, but @Smoky Blue has a great Andromeda clone recipe if you're in the mood to be fruity! It's all I vaped for months and what got me to finally try DIY in the first place.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
By volume mixed, excluding my own? That's easy, but these are not new to you, T'ball...
1. wllmc's banana coconut cream pie
2. HIC's lemon meringue

By wanting to mix/vape more of? My pralines, but damn that cocoa it gunks the coils so fast!!!

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What's your favorite recipie posted in this forum ? Anyone?

I'm looking for a new one to
Mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am no help at all.
My 2 favorites that I have vaped the past 2 weeks are the one you sent me and HIC Vanilla Lime Cheesecake.
You already have both of those.

I don't think I am going to mix this weekend. Maybe... :rolleyes:
I need to clear out some of these old mixes.
I was going to say I need to vape all this I have mixed but that is just not going to happen.
I hate dumping vapable mixes but the new additions trump some old ones.
I've been hanging on to them in case the mood strikes but I think its time to dump some. o_O

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What's your favorite recipie posted in this forum ? Anyone?

I'm looking for a new one to
Mix.

White Tic tacs for dripper
Banana cream pie

My own SPaM juice
Strawberry, Peach and Mango

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The only one I keep making over and over is HICs Limoncello Torrone Parfait. I am considering the straight Lemon meringue next time though.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I made up a bunch I haven't had yet, some in sample size, some in larger size that I know I'll like.
White Rabbit, forgot I quite enjoyed that one. Ginger Brulee (catalan's last chance for me), Lemon Ginger Cookies, Vanilla Lime Cheesecake and Milk and Honey. Others that are not yet formally named and with my attempts record lately, they won't be.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lol, yeah it's really good. I liked the Lemon Torrone Parfait, too. And I didn't like Torrone standalone. So many of the FA fruits have shocked me. Prior to DIY I really didn't vape fruits, but one, and that was custom blended.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol, yeah it's really good. I liked the Lemon Torrone Parfait, too. And I didn't like Torrone standalone. So many of the FA fruits have shocked me. Prior to DIY I really didn't vape fruits, but one, and that was custom blended.
Me either, I was a custards and creams kind of guy and thats what pushed me into DIY but now I'm enjoying some fruits and tobaccos which I never enjoyed a commercial version of. They always tasted so fake to me.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I almost gave up for those reasons. Then I found someone we've all been pretty fond of. Pure Vapes, lol.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ran short on mix time a couple months back and got into a tobacco groove. I'm still in that groove -- and still loving it. Currently vaping a nice blend of Davidoff and Cohiba tobaccos from Hangsen. Still looking forward to more mix time though.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok all of you who say VT is the best nic I am going to try it once again;) that is if I can talk Kevin into making me a 120ml 100mg nic 50/50 pg/vg :oops: If so then I will end up with 600ml of 20mg nic base and will re bottle it for my fridge - I do not like measuring it over and over so will mix it in a canning jar first - works for me:D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ginger Brulee (catalan's last chance for me)

Huck, if you still don't like the flavor of Catalan there, you might add a tiny touch of FA Pineapple to that. I added about 0.25% to mine yesterday and it seems to mellow Catalan and Ginger flavors. It reminds me of Hawaiian candy, very sweet.

I don't like standalone Catalan Cream (many people do), but I get a lot of use from it as an ingredient. Is it the citrus bit, spice, or caramel that you don't like? If you can't use it, we gotta find you a substitute!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
FA Black Pepper... I mixed a Chinese five-spice idea with Anise, Cinnamon Ceylon, Clove, and Black Pepper (2:1:1:1 ratio; Anise has to the job of fennel and star anise). Yep, it's a 5-spice flavor. Black Pepper is a little too prominent. It'll mellow if it sits, but I might make that a 3:2:2:1 ratio next time. I made a tiny bottle of flavoring only to use as an ingredient for Chinese 5-spice almond cookies. Now I need to visit the bakery at my favorite Asian market. Maybe they have some other sweet stuff made with 5-spice, too.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My favorites so far:

Apple Cookies by me
Biscochitos by wllmc
Chocolate Macaroon by chickenmonkey
Ginger Lemon Cream Cookies by HIC
Lemon Cookie Delight by Bryong
Mom's Ginger Snaps by HIC
Vanilla Nut Cookie by Huckleberried
White Coconut Cake by Cramptholomew

Many more, but these are all "top shelf" IMO.

And still have hundreds more to try:D

NiaJane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a long list of flavors to order for recipes I haven't tried yet.
So far, my favorite has to be Sweet Apple Cider by HIC
I am somewhat new to FA flavors and am enjoying trying them as stand alones.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As soon as I get some nic base I am going to go on a chocolate binge lol HIC's Swiss Bliss,HIC's Cocoa Cookies,HIC's Toblerone Chocolate Bar, and CM's Chocolate Macaroon:p

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Huck, if you still don't like the flavor of Catalan there, you might add a tiny touch of FA Pineapple to that. I added about 0.25% to mine yesterday and it seems to mellow Catalan and Ginger flavors. It reminds me of Hawaiian candy, very sweet.

I don't like standalone Catalan Cream (many people do), but I get a lot of use from it as an ingredient. Is it the citrus bit, spice, or caramel that you don't like? If you can't use it, we gotta find you a substitute!
Hopefully I'll discover the answer to this when I try the Ginger Brulee because I like citrus, spice and caramel. It doesn't make sense to me that it has some odd transition ( to me, at least) in a vape.

Have you ever inquired about working there? You really should!
That'd be a fun experience. Sure, if he could offer full time, benefits and pay the same (or more), that'd be ideal! I'd put little notes in everyone's orders.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FA Black Pepper... I mixed a Chinese five-spice idea with Anise, Cinnamon Ceylon, Clove, and Black Pepper (2:1:1:1 ratio; Anise has to the job of fennel and star anise). Yep, it's a 5-spice flavor. Black Pepper is a little too prominent. It'll mellow if it sits, but I might make that a 3:2:2:1 ratio next time. I made a tiny bottle of flavoring only to use as an ingredient for Chinese 5-spice almond cookies. Now I need to visit the bakery at my favorite Asian market. Maybe they have some other sweet stuff made with 5-spice, too.
That black pepper is a wild one! I love the fragrance of it. I tried it with vanilla once and discovered I need way less than 1%, lol. I have a recipe somewhere for spiced nuts. Haven't mixed it up yet. Looking forward to seeing what you might come up with.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorites so far:

Apple Cookies by me
Biscochitos by wllmc
Chocolate Macaroon by chickenmonkey
Ginger Lemon Cream Cookies by HIC
Lemon Cookie Delight by Bryong
Mom's Ginger Snaps by HIC
Vanilla Nut Cookie by Huckleberried
White Coconut Cake by Cramptholomew

Many more, but these are all "top shelf" IMO.

And still have hundreds more to try:D
Looking for your apple cookie :)

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a bit of a problem here - I want to do drops of mixed flavorings in a 1.5ml Protank mini 2. If I start with a 7% flavoring mix that would be 14 drops in 6ml, 7 drops in a 3ml, but only 3.5 drops in a 1.5ml. So do I do 4 drops or 3?? I need to figure this out before I do any juices:confused:
Am I just being stupid??!!:oops:

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have a bit of a problem here - I want to do drops of mixed flavorings in a 1.5ml Protank mini 2. If I start with a 7% flavoring mix that would be 14 drops in 6ml, 7 drops in a 3ml, but only 3.5 drops in a 1.5ml. So do I do 4 drops or 3?? I need to figure this out before I do any juices:confused:

A few alternatives:
Just don't quite fill your tank, and use 3 drops.
Or fill it full and use 4....vape it strong a while, then add more unflavored to top it off.
Or dilute your bottle of mixed flavoring by half and use 7 drops (I do that).

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would be afraid things wouldn't get mixed up enough in a tank.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would be afraid things wouldn't get mixed up enough in a tank.
I would shake it and roll it between my hot arthritic hands lol and I'd only do this with Shake-n-vapes. TY HIC for the response, I want to test flavorings this way then go on to make bigger batches if I like them. I tried a dripper and um er UGH lol:D

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would shake it and roll it between my hot arthritic hands lol and I'd only do this with Shake-n-vapes. TY HIC for the response, I want to test flavorings this way then go on to make bigger batches if I like them. I tried a dripper and um er UGH lol:D

Using 35 drops per ml for most recipes.
I noticed when using E-juicemeup for drops, if I go below a 5ml batch, a lot of my flavorings go from 2 drops to 1 drop.
All the way down to a 1ml batch size, at zero it goes to zero.
So there is a 4ml variance in base recipes between 2 drops and 1 drop of flavorings (50% decrease).
It seems the resolution is not very precise when making smaller and smaller samples.
No half drops, lol.
Seems like 5ml would be the smallest batch to get any kind of repeatability.
I've been making 10ml mostly for this reason, but it can be wasteful when failure arrives.

Drippers are a PITA IMO, too lazy:D
And the taste is too different from the clearos I'm using daily.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I normally mix 8 ml samples in a 10 ml bottle as my samples for this reason.

Then I will have "shaking room" in the bottle. :)

I use simple single coil drippers to test with.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After throwing away over 2 yrs for me of nic bases and ready made juice I am being very careful, so 1.5ml of icky juice is enough for me to waste tyvm o_O

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
After throwing away over 2 yrs for me of nic bases and ready made juice I am being very careful, so 1.5ml of icky juice is enough for me to waste tyvm o_O
Since I work with 3ml test mixes I start with full percentages and just go through with vaping the whole thing, the bad ones aren't that bad. Hard for me to really figure out the taste without vaping it over a period of time anyway. Then when its close I move up to 6ml to refine with half percentages.

edit: Also I work with a bottle of base I pre-mixed to 6.3mg with 6mg being my percentage when I do a full 30/50ml batch not premixed.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make 6ml test batches, because it's the only way I can work with 0.5%. I used to throw a lot away, but today I made up a half dozen and loaded everything up with them - there's never anything unvapeable, and I need to stop wasting to much now I'm only using VT nic!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i do 10ml testers.. if I like the juice, will make 4oz batches.. ;)
that way, if I want to share, I just bottle from the larger size..

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok question how many mls do you all vape in a day or week? I have never gone over .5ml in a day yet;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ok question how many mls do you all vape in a day or week? I have never gone over .5ml in a day yet;)

depends on my mood..
the lowest I do is around 8ml a day..
highest is around 15ml, if I try and keep up..
i am sure i have days I go higher.. depends on how i set mine up..

mechs and drippers are my fav.. I can't do a tank if I had to.

VU Sponsors