Unlisted Vendor

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay ladies and gents (and you other folks too!), I finally had some mixing time today to try out some new stuff from the BCV sale.

FA Tomato:
First off I tried it at 1% using 3mg NN base. At only 1% it was pretty weak to me 40 watts, then even down to 20 watts. Tried at 2% and got a little better flavor.
This flavoring to me is a bit lighter than V8 juice tastes, but more like the flavor use to make Tomato and Basil Triskets the wife bought a few weeks ago.
Upped it to 5% and the flavor comes through pretty well at 40 watts. It has an underlying sweetness that should lend itself well to mixing V8 Splash type vapes, which I'll have to work on later. I actually added 1% Black Pepper and am just enjoying this for now.

I hope to have some time for FA Saffron next...it smells really good!

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay ladies and gents (and you other folks too!), I finally had some mixing time today to try out some new stuff from the BCV sale.

FA Tomato:
First off I tried it at 1% using 3mg NN base. At only 1% it was pretty weak to me 40 watts, then even down to 20 watts. Tried at 2% and got a little better flavor.
This flavoring to me is a bit lighter than V8 juice tastes, but more like the flavor use to make Tomato and Basil Triskets the wife bought a few weeks ago.
Upped it to 5% and the flavor comes through pretty well at 40 watts. It has an underlying sweetness that should lend itself well to mixing V8 Splash type vapes, which I'll have to work on later. I actually added 1% Black Pepper and am just enjoying this for now.

Do you think it may be possible to create a Campbell's Tomato Soup (with milk, not water) with this? Perhaps tomato soup and saltines?

I love almost everything made FROM tomatoes, but the taste of tomato by itself is vile to me.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do you think it may be possible to create a Campbell's Tomato Soup (with milk, not water) with this? Perhaps tomato soup and saltines?

I love almost everything made FROM tomatoes, but the taste of tomato by itself is vile to me.
Funny you say that because I don't like tomatoes by themselves either, but also love most everything made with them, including tomato soup!

I'm not sure how you could get tomato soup (bisque) outta this flavoring tbh. I admit to not being all that imaginative, lol, but this seems to scream out that it wants to play with fruit.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Though it has the bad stuff, I'd think maybe yogurt? I don't eat bisque. I know at home in my kitchen yogurt and roasted red peppers make a mean salad dressing! Cut the tartness with a dab of sour cream lol.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey @wllmc What new mod did you end up getting? Wondering if I need to have new mod envy! On the puppy front, we are rocking a 7 lb yorkie and a 3 lb half poodle thing. Gotta pretty secure in you manhood come walk time!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hey @wllmc What new mod did you end up getting? Wondering if I need to have new mod envy! On the puppy front, we are rocking a 7 lb yorkie and a 3 lb half poodle thing. Gotta pretty secure in you manhood come walk time!
ah I didnt order anything. Im to stuck in my ways to change things very often, especially my vape gear. decided Ill wait awhile longer until I really need something. think of all the flavors I could buy with 300 bucks lol. ... oh and this is not really my dog. no idea whos dog it is. kinda like a dognapping.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

FA Tomato:

awesome . I tried to get it again the other but they were still out.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Egads... I can't vape as fast as I can mix! I have 2-dram vials of e-liquid all over the place...
I know, I have little 5ml samples all lined up in a rack! I'm a chain vaper using single coils, I can't keep up! :oops: I keep telling myself to use up the ones I have before mixing new ones....sure, then comes more great sounding recipes that I have to try. :rolleyes:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know, I have little 5ml samples all lined up in a rack! I'm a chain vaper using single coils, I can't keep up! :oops: I keep telling myself to use up the ones I have before mixing new ones....sure, then comes more great sounding recipes that I have to try. :rolleyes:

Story of my life. I panic when I see a dozen little bottles, and then I have to make myself step away from the mixing station and vape till they're gone LOL Of course that would be easier if I stayed away from VU!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
awesome . I tried to get it again the other but they were still out.
Next time I mix with it will definitely try adding some lighter fruits. FA Strawberry should go really well with it, but anything strong like bilberry might cover it up.

When you get a chance to grab tomato, you should get the saffron as well. I mixed it up at 2% and it's got a pleasantly light spiciness to it. I'm not entirely sure what saffron's supposed to taste like, but many recipes I found online had it paired with chicken.

I think the best find of the day was definitely the black pepper! At 1.5% I liked it a great deal, but I've always liked the taste of black peppercorns.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ah I didnt order anything. Im to stuck in my ways to change things very often, especially my vape gear. decided Ill wait awhile longer until I really need something. think of all the flavors I could buy with 300 bucks lol. ...

So what kinda gear was you eyeballing in the $300 range, mod, tanks or combination of both?

Seehad

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm not entirely sure what saffron's supposed to taste like, but many recipes I found online had it paired with chicken.

I've always wanted to say this: It's legal in my state, and I'm a home grower. Of saffron crocus, that is. lol! I use it to flavor rice in Indian cooking and have tried it in chai. I don't have FA's flavoring. If I ever make a real chai with saffron that I like, I'll get FA's so I can make a matching vape.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But I enjoy being an anonymous red blob. But you are correct Vanilla perhaps an avatar is in order. Maybe a picture of my 3 lb dog having an espresso in my Cooper while vaping on the sxmini? It's all so damn mini! I feel ya on the expense there Wllmc, my mod budget is shot, and I'm looking for subs for flavors I don't have! Time to consolidate a bit. (Well I've got one more order to place!) The dna 30 shark for like 120 or so is a steal though. Great mod, especially for a tank of some sort.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
'Tis the season, right?

Anyone know of a good FA recipe (if one exists) for Eggnog without any of the baddies?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ya know, I had some thoughts written down on that. I've not mixed anything, yet, though. Make us a vape Emilie! :)

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya know, I had some thoughts written down on that. I've not mixed anything, yet, though. Make us a vape Emilie! :)

Oh, my only experiments were horrible, horrible failures. I can follow a mean recipe, but you DON'T want me creatin' and sharin' 'em. :p

I wouldn't even know where to begin with Eggnog. :(

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, my only experiments were horrible, horrible failures. I can follow a mean recipe, but you DON'T want me creatin' and sharin' 'em. :p

I wouldn't even know where to begin with Eggnog. :(
I'll try playing with it this weekend. No guarantees! Lol :)

bcollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They were having quite a few problems with the screen getting all scrambling up, might have it fixed now though. I ended up getting the Sigelei 100W plus. Seems very durable, batteries last a couple days. $99 shipped. http://vaporrange.com
I talked myself out of this . was going to get the wireless charger and stuff but couldn't do it lol. I know I would break it the first week I had it. not sure they make a box mod thats heavy duty enough for me. http://www.vaporshark.com/advanced/russian-rdna-shark-skin[/QUOTE

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
'Tis the season, right?

Anyone know of a good FA recipe (if one exists) for Eggnog without any of the baddies?

Vienna Cream is almost egg nog all by itself.

2 parts Vienna Cream + 1 part Caramel = Hood's Caramel Eggnog (posted here, but I know you want that double-triple that strength)
To that you could add 0.25% TFA Holiday Spice for a sprinkle of nutmeg, or 0.5% Cinn Ceylon,
then 0.5% Jamaican Rum or Brandy to spike it if you want.

My pumpkin spice version is good, no custard notes, but not all FA either.

ps - IF you add spices and boozy flavors, you can also add a little Catalan Cream or Custard for extra 'egginess'. If you don't have the spices and boozy flavors, the citrus background really messes up a 'nog.

Last edited:

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hadn't even though about adding some Jamaican Rum! Great idea!

I'll experiment a little with Vienna Cream. I actually prefer Eggnog without nutmeg, so I'll see what I come up with. :)

Thanks for the ideas!

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow. I'd never just sniffed Vienna Cream before. Nearly there, but perhaps a little harsh. I'll see what I can do about it. :)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
db14.gif

bcollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Stranger danger!! Hey, @bcollier, how you doin'?
Hey Huck! Doing great, how's about yourself?
I've been busy at work since September, just a few more days on the job and we will have it wraped up! And then I'm on winter break so y'all might be seeing more of me, or should I say hearing more from me!

Bplus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hoping this is a good spot for this.
So I've done some reading here and a lot of you love FA. I'm currently using tfa almost exclusively.

How's the FA peach in comparison to juicy peach from tfa?
Also which creams do you recommend?

I have a 2 week Xmas break from work coming up so I figure it would allow for some solid time to experiment.

Any other must haves? I'm pretty stocked on tfa so I can't go balls to the wall, but I certainly can buy a fat handful.
Thank you much.

Oh I do have mts vape wizard but am kind of at a loss as to what it really brings to the table... Besides m.t.s

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Evening,
@wllmc I read your thread about buying a vaporshark. I actually need a dependable mod that will vape .5-1.0. I ended up ordering the IPV mini. Then, due to a 20% off coupon code, ordered a DNA30 with an orchid atty too. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get at least one of them before the weekend.

I'll be rebuilding and mixing this weekend and over the holidays. I've got flavors I haven't tried yet!

@2ndInCommand , Bella Cat says you need a puppy avatar asap.

@HeadInClouds I'm Interested in hearing about growing crocus for saffron. That stuff is expensive!!

Drinking iced tea. Vaping Brown Sugar Custard. Watching Dailey & Vincent on PBS. Reading VU.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Evening,
@wllmc I read your thread about buying a vaporshark. I actually need a dependable mod that will vape .5-1.0. I ended up ordering the IPV mini. Then, due to a 20% off coupon code, ordered a DNA30 with an orchid atty too. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get at least one of them before the weekend.

I'll be rebuilding and mixing this weekend and over the holidays. I've got flavors I haven't tried yet!

@2ndInCommand , Bella Cat says you need a puppy avatar asap.

@HeadInClouds I'm Interested in hearing about growing crocus for saffron. That stuff is expensive!!

Drinking iced tea. Vaping Brown Sugar Custard. Watching Dailey & Vincent on PBS. Reading VU.
awesome, let me know how you like it and if you think it could be dropped around 500+ times ha. brown sugar and custard go together like PBS and iced tea. good stuff.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Bulbs are usually sold in the fall to plant and bloom immediately; USDA zone 5/6 is ideal. Buy from a nursery where you can choose ones that look best. They're carefree and multiply like weeds in the right spot. Timing the harvest is the tricky part. You have to catch them at the right time - just a couple days' window. Here they bloom through the fall leaves. Snip the filaments, let them dry (I use the sun), and store them wrapped in paper in an airtight jar. $10-20 worth of bulbs will supply the whole neighborhood after a couple of years, and you get a harvest even the very first year. http://www.saffronbulbs.com/culture.htm I grow all kinds of edible plants - the weirder, the better.

VU Sponsors