FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got a 30ml bottle of FA Strawberry around beginning of summer and have only used about 5-7ml so far, lol. Haven't been using it of late but now you guys got me wanting to mix with it again.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys are making me feel better about NOT jumping on that sale ECX just had, as tempting as it was.

I've not had much problems with ECX myself. I just looked back at my orders. I've made 7 orders from them and only had one with leaks in a 30 ml bottle. After a few emails and photos they replaced the bottle. I have two lifetimes of Pandoro now ( not recommended flavor Due to their kitchen line with the funny ingredients ) but it " sho am yummy" ;)

I don't like that they just throw them in a zip lock and then a paper envelope and mail them.

I like the extra 2 ml you get when you order the 12 ml size from that California company ..... Hmmm...., is that E liquid Mart ? Yeah, I think so. I like E Liquid Mart cause I can read the bottles really well,

I've ordered from Bull City from time to time and they seem to have the quickest and best service, but I have to make labels and put them on their 10 ml bottles because they are the original FA bottles and the print is hard to read.

When you have a couple hundred flavors ( several companies) that makes a difference to be able to find them rather quickly.

All of my flavors are sitting on little stepped bleachers in a few different shelves in my office so I can read them easily, but it irritated me trying to read the original FA bottles.

Ok..., so I'm just weird like that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a 30ml bottle of FA Strawberry around beginning of summer and have only used about 5-7ml so far, lol. Haven't been using it of late but now you guys got me wanting to mix with it again.
That strawberry is just so realistic .... I just wished it was a tad more potent. Kinda like the banana not being very potent, but again, it's just so realistic tasting as well.

Reactions: Edd

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You make a good point about the original FA bottles/labels from BCV. They're a bitch to read with these tired old eyes...I usually grab a magnifying glass to help.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That strawberry is just so realistic .... I just wished it was a tad more potent. Kinda like the banana not being very potent, but again, it's just so realistic tasting as well.

I usually go 3-5% and find it a bit weak too, but very good stuffs!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi there all. I received my Vapers Tek nicotine today and did a few tests. Quick results: I can't see myself buying any other companies nicotine.

Equipment: Nautilus Minis with new coils on on iSticks. .

Head to head with My Freedom Smokes nicotine.
Nicotine Level: 8mg
50pg / 50vg.
12 watts: Chosen because I didn't want any dry hits messing up the tests.

I first vaped unflavored juice and could have stopped there. There was no noticeable taste of nicotine in the VT batch. The MFS had what I call nicotine flavor and now I understand is what others call peppery or dirty. It's not really unpleasant but it is there. The VT also allowed the sweetness of the vg to come through.

I then mixed up a batch of Hic's Cheesecake flavoring and added 6 drops to 3ml of each brand nic mix. With flavor in the mix to compare, again the VT gave me a stronger taste compared to the muddled flavor of MFS. A flavor I was perfectly satisfied with a few days ago.

Next I used Hic's cheesecake again(6 drops in 3ml) and added 2 drops of FA Forest Fruit to each batch. I hadn't tried Forest Fruit before and didn't know what to expect. VT brought out the flavor better than MFS. I discovered two things in this test; I can discern nicotine now that I know what to look for, and that I can take it or leave it as far as Forest Fruit goes. I think it would be better as a background flavor. Someone will prove me wrong here I'm sure.

I could do more back to back tests, but I don't see the point and I am about out of MFS Nic. Please don't take this as a slam against MFS. They are a good company, ship very promptly, and have excellent customer service. I will still shop there. They have been having some excellent sales lately.

To sum up: I should have listened to all those claiming Vapers Tek Nicotine is worth the extra cost. I agree.

Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've ordered from Bull City from time to time and they seem to have the quickest and best service, but I have to make labels and put them on their 10 ml bottles because they are the original FA bottles and the print is hard to read.

When you have a couple hundred flavors ( several companies) that makes a difference to be able to find them rather quickly.

All of my flavors are sitting on little stepped bleachers in a few different shelves in my office so I can read them easily, but it irritated me trying to read the original FA bottles.

Ok..., so I'm just weird like that :)
I think we're all a bit odd.

e775c6cc892afdfb9f1bc2db0bd49307.jpg

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I bought Zen Garden recently. I only tasted a bit on my finger, but that is the weirdest flavor! I know someone posted a recipe somewhere for it, but it escapes me. Thoughts on this unusual flavor, anyone?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK, asking for assistance again folks , trying to determine what FA tobacco flavors mix best with other FA tobacco flavors . Here is the ones i would like to know about :

Cam T
Cuban Supreme
Tuscan Reserve ( Which of these work well together (one that mixes good with another preferred)
7 Leaves
Virginia
Desert Ship
Maxx Blend

The below are some things that also might go well but not sure.

Black Fire
Vape Wizard
Sweet Woodruff

Thanks folks

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK, asking for assistance again folks , trying to determine what FA tobacco flavors mix best with other FA tobacco flavors . Here is the ones i would like to know about :

Cam T
Cuban Supreme
Tuscan Reserve ( Which of these work well together (one that mixes good with another preferred)
7 Leaves
Virginia
Desert Ship
Maxx Blend

The below are some things that also might go well but not sure.

Black Fire
Vape Wizard
Sweet Woodruff

Thanks folks
Depends what you want to do with them. All of them I have tried mix well just have to decide how you want to move the flavor. I would pick a favorite and then maybe ask what could I add to X in order to make it more Y.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
BTW, got my ECX order today. Everything was packaged quite nicely. Original bottles I think, childproof and shrink wrapped. My Fresh Fig was a little deformed, probably from shrink wrapping but no leaking anywhere. The Vienna Cream had a stronger alcohol smell to it than the repackaged Pure Vapes I had before so seems fresh to me. The Cam T is pretty dark, but I don't have anything to compare it to. Why the hell did I order Rose? Did someone post a recipe with it recently?

edit: I am noticing I got a couple of different bottles. The Cam T is a softer plastic like the 30ml bottles and a little taller than the hard clearer plastic bottles of Black Fire and Fresh Fig and Rose is in an amber bottle. The Cam T also has a little ECX sticker on it.
IMG_0073.jpg
Why do the labels claim they contain artificial coloring?

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW, got my ECX order today. Everything was packaged quite nicely. Original bottles I think, childproof and shrink wrapped. My Fresh Fig was a little deformed, probably from shrink wrapping but no leaking anywhere. The Vienna Cream had a stronger alcohol smell to it than the repackaged Pure Vapes I had before so seems fresh to me. The Cam T is pretty dark, but I don't have anything to compare it to. Why the hell did I order Rose? Did someone post a recipe with it recently?

edit: I am noticing I got a couple of different bottles. The Cam T is a softer plastic like the 30ml bottles and a little taller than the hard clearer plastic bottles of Black Fire and Fresh Fig and Rose is in an amber bottle. The Cam T also has a little ECX sticker on it.
View attachment 10187

ECX repackages FA - the only people who sell in original bottles are Bull City!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
*sigh*

Guess I'm gonna have to try that VT nic now ... I've only got like 5 gallons of nic already in the freezer! :oops:

Okay, maybe not quite that much but I've got a bunch of it ... :D

lol - I feel your pain. When I ordered VT the first time, I already had a bunch of WL. Right now, I still have that same bunch of WL in the freezer, and I've re-ordered VT nic a couple times. It's worth it to me.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol - I feel your pain. When I ordered VT the first time, I already had a bunch of WL. Right now, I still have that same bunch of WL in the freezer, and I've re-ordered VT nic a couple times. It's worth it to me.

That's mostly what I have too although I did pick up some FS nic when they had that sale ... I figured how bad could it be at that price? o_O

I'm getting the feeling that I may soon regret that thought process :confused:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
The flavors I used so far are acceptable. (Flavorart). However, they did cheat me out of 2mL on another brand of flavoring. I ended up with only 8 ml's. I did bring it to their attention. However, I already used the 8ml's in a mix already. If I need replacement of Flavorart I will be using Bull City from now on. I use to love ecx. I no longer have any love for them. This last purchase and their response to the shorting proved their lack of accountability for a product in which they sell.

They did say they were sorry. In addition, I should take a photo of the flavoring. I could contact the owner direct but feel its a waste of time. My CC will visit other places. :)

Artemis - I just got a little ecx order with all 10ml bottles of flavorings (a couple different brands, but not FA). There is BIG variation in fill levels. A few have more than I'd expect (overfill bonus!), a few are reasonable, a couple are low. One is really low - I'd guess 8ml or less.

The way-low bottle is one I'll use tiny amounts of now and then, so it's not a disaster for me. Just wanted to throw in my observation about their fill (in)consistency.

The good news is only ONE bottle leaked (not the low one), and just a little bit. That's a record for me.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's mostly what I have too although I did pick up some FS nic when they had that sale ... I figured how bad could it be at that price? o_O

I'm getting the feeling that I may soon regret that thought process :confused:
I still had some WL in the freezer too but had to at least try one on the small 15 ml bottles of VT nic from BCV a while back. Figured it was only 5 bucks or so and I'd just mix fruits with it, lol.

Have since bought a few more of those bottles and WL nic still in the freezer. Ah well, it'll probably get used one of these days. The VT definitely makes everything taste sweeter to me, and I figure its just letting the VG sweetness come through more than other dirtier brands.

Sirkris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been lurking on this thread for a while now and have really enjoyed it. I received my first diy order ever, from BCV today! It's not a very big order, but it's enough to dip my toes in. Thank you guys for all the info and wisecracks!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been lurking on this thread for a while now and have really enjoyed it. I received my first diy order ever, from BCV today! It's not a very big order, but it's enough to dip my toes in. Thank you guys for all the info and wisecracks!
I wouldn't be inane if I had anything relevant to add. Sorry

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been working to much ....... Ahhhhh. Need some mixing time this weekend.

Same here, need mixing time very badly! I have tomato that I've not even opened yet.

But wife and I are going to Greensboro for .38 Special concert this weekend!

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 10187
I used rose in Turkish delight.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 10187
I also get a mish-mash of bottles from them. They must use whatever they have on hand. The flavorings all came through okay. I've placed a half dozen orders with them.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got 8 FA's plus a few more HG from ECX. All of mine arrive completely full and in good shape. Funny though, some of the FA's now come with bright red caps. Maybe these are special Christmas bottles? :rolleyes:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got 8 FA's plus a few more HG from ECX. All of mine arrive completely full and in good shape. Funny though, some of the FA's now come with bright red caps. Maybe these are special Christmas bottles? :rolleyes:
I've probably ordered dozens and dozens of flavors from them, and every time, the bottles come with white lids, except for one bottle. FA Orange came with an orange lid. It cracks me up for some reason. One orange in a sea of white, not including INW's goldish ones.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've probably ordered dozens and dozens of flavors from them, and every time, the bottles come with white lids, except for one bottle. FA Orange came with an orange lid. It cracks me up for some reason. One orange in a sea of white, not including INW's goldish ones.

You sure that's not the one I sent you? I did that to the one I had on purpose, lol.

VU Sponsors