Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I sometimes dip a toothpick in a flavor new to me for taste testing. Gives me a "ball park" of the flavor.

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw some use the black pepper with cucumber. I have not gotten to the end of the thread yet. Has anyone tried it with the canteloupe? Any other uses for the black pepper?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks Hic. I did not order NF ginger. Can I use FA ginger in its place? That one I did order :)

Nope. See post #6930 in this thread.

You could use FW Ginger. I haven't found any that measure up to NF. When I run out, I'll just order directly from them (assuming ecx never carries it again).

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks HIC. I have not made it that far yet :)

I do Not do FW anything any longer. I sent them a email waaaay back in Feb 2011 asking if certain flavors i used had diacetyl, acetoin or acetyl propionyl and Sara ASSURED me, well, this was the reply "Neither one of those flavors nor any of the other flavors contain Diacetyl, Acetoin & Acetyl Propionyl"

Welp, I sent in some of the flavors I ask her about, as well as a few more, to have them tested and they DO have these ingredients in them. LOTS of them. So, nope, not using FW anything from here forward. :)

Working on a order for NF now. Any other flavors I need from them? ALSO, which flavor line do I order from on NF? Organic, Coffee? I have never ordered from them before.

Thanks HIC and anyone else that chimes in.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Belated thx for the Ry4 suggestions. Think I'm gonna start with the maxx blend some maple, caramel, vanilla of some sort and a little ta. Maybe the Bavarian cream. I know, but I like a sweet baccy. I am gonna start focusing on tobacco a bit more. Got this DHill flavor (my brand back in the day) I would like to hammer down also.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry Ta with email is for me tobacco absolute 10% dilution with em. Also at 10% in the same mixture Others may do it differently, but that's me.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do Not do FW anything any longer. I sent them a email waaaay back in Feb 2011 asking if certain flavors i used had diacetyl, acetoin or acetyl propionyl and Sara ASSURED me, well, this was the reply "Neither one of those flavors nor any of the other flavors contain Diacetyl, Acetoin & Acetyl Propionyl"

[RANT]

Yes, sir. I too have ZERO confidence and trust in FW (Flavor West). They make excuses for unacceptable behavior -- when there is none. And the words "negligence" and "fraud" come to mind. Noobs be warned.

[/RANT]

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
[RANT]

Yes, sir. I too have ZERO confidence and trust in FW (Flavor West). They make excuses for unacceptable behavior -- when there is none. And the words "negligence" and "fraud" come to mind. Noobs be warned.

[/RANT]

Preach it !!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I could like this a million times.

They FLAT OUT LIED to me and I have the emails saved...just in case its needed in the future.

I have yet another email from Sarah in April 2011 specifically asking about Butterscotch. AGAIN, she assured me there was "no diacetyl or the nasty A's in any of their flavors"

Livid I was when I got the test results back from the VERY flavors I specifically ask about in FEB 2011 and 5 others.

Costly? yes
Worth it for peace of mind? Priceless

THIS is the very reason I poured ALL of my FW flavors down the drain (52 FULL bottles and 16 non-full bottles to be exact)

I now have 88 (ordered 7 more today ;)) FA flavors on the way to my mail box. I read the thread over yonder and i am right here held up in this thread reading, learning and massive note taking.

I am basically starting over and I have been diy'ing for 6 years. But oh well, FA here i come...............................................

I have been sucking this crap into my lungs, Crap i was ASSURED multiple times was not in their products, for AT LEAST 3 years everyday all day. No more I tell ya. ANNNND that is the end of my rant. :)

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
[RANT]

[/RANT]

I am very sorry I didn't include my usual disclaimer when I mentioned FW Ginger. I totally agree with all the rants regarding their dishonesty and business practices, having been on the same end of it as you all.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I am basically starting over and I have been diy'ing for 6 years. But oh well, FA here i come...............................................

You know, if you pick a random 20 flavors from every big flavor manufacturer, even with complete disregard of ingredients, I'm firmly convinced FlavourArt would provide the highest percentage of "best" flavors.

I have a pretty big collection, and nearly all my FA are my first choice for flavors they manufacture.

Now...how do we get FA to make e-cig flavors of pecan, ginger, nutmeg, unadorned pie crust like in apple pie, cheesecake (any cake, for that matter), graham, malt, cranberry, macadamia, root beer... With those and a few other additions, I could happily use only FlavourArt.

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am very sorry I didn't include my usual disclaimer when I mentioned FW Ginger. I totally agree with all the rants regarding their dishonesty and business practices, having been on the same end of it as you all.

No worries HIC. THANK YOU for all of the info you have poured into these threads.

Which line of flavors do I order from NF? Organic, coffee? Does it matter?

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now...how do we get FA to make e-cig flavors of pecan, ginger, nutmeg, unadorned pie crust like in apple pie, cheesecake (any cake, for that matter), graham, malt, cranberry, macadamia, root beer... With those and a few other additions, I could happily use only FlavourArt.[/QUOTE]

WHAT HIC SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Which line of flavors do I order from NF? Organic, coffee? Does it matter?

You know that their ingredient disclosure hasn't been very forthcoming, either, right? They now have diacetyl-free versions of many flavors, but they're often 'natural' (as opposed to 'organic') flavors. Ecigexpress used their own terms, so I can't be exactly which line they used. You want the ones without diacetyl, guar gum, and sugar. Last time I looked, that narrowed it to 0-1 choice for a given flavor; I believe all remaining choices are PG-free, alcohol-based.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Belated thx for the Ry4 suggestions. Think I'm gonna start with the maxx blend some maple, caramel, vanilla of some sort and a little ta. Maybe the Bavarian cream. I know, but I like a sweet baccy. I am gonna start focusing on tobacco a bit more. Got this DHill flavor (my brand back in the day) I would like to hammer down also.
How bout starting...

1-2% Maxx Blend
1% Vienna Cream

hmmm...before I go on...do you have Torrone? or Meringue? or Caps Caramel?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
edit: tested and safe

ignore me

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the trillion dollar Fa recipe..

22% TFA custard
15% Fa Butter
10% breadcrust

3-4% of each:
Fa Almond
Fa Pantone
Gummy bear FW
Salt Water Taffy Tfa
Cream Charlotte Vz
VZ Gourmet Vanilla Sponge Cake
VZ Chocolate Truffle
Fw bacon
TFA capachino
Mary Jane Tfa

done!! :p

if anyone wants to claim this recipe.. you must post pictures when vaping it. :)

meantime i am off line.. hope every body has a good night! laterz!
Oh I truly love how you all just fixed your frustration! I got so angry right along with you! Simply amazing how infectious good humor can be! I have tears in my eyes I'm laughing so hard! You all are GREAT!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read a lot! Books gotta have happy endings! So I say this one should end happy! Re read? I'm finally to page 72. I got a long way to go still! Love the thoughtfulness, learning knowledge, helpfulness, sincerity & humor! Gotta try these tasty recipes out! I'll probabally end up with a clogged coil, artery, & an allergic reaction!!!! Haha!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry, the old one. I've read that one 3 times. Haven't cruised back on this one. Yet. They really are fun to read over, though. I always see something I haven't written down. My 1st note book is all over the place, lol. So much knowledge in these! I'm glad you're enjoying them Daintanee :) I do!

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just get to where I know your pics and you go and change them lol:confused::D I must have skimmed right over that Smokey Blue recipe lol had to go back and read it all and laughed my butt off:cool: Unfortunately people tend to be people no matter where you go or who they are:rolleyes::)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just get to where I know your pics and you go and change them lol:confused::D I must have skimmed right over that Smokey Blue recipe lol had to go back and read it all and laughed my butt off:cool: Unfortunately people tend to be people no matter where you go or who they are:rolleyes::)
There's a little arrow in the quote boxes that, when clicked on, will take you directly to that original post. But, I'm glad you had a fun laugh!

My avatar is the same little girl, without the Unicorn/puffy marshmallow/pig butt. (inside joke)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There's a little arrow in the quote boxes that, when clicked on, will take you directly to that original post. But, I'm glad you had a fun laugh!

My avatar is the same little girl, without the Unicorn/puffy marshmallow/pig butt. (inside joke)
This avatar is easier for me to decipher. Thank you!!!! It's cute like you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is FA's concord grape supposed to taste like soap/plastic? I mixed up a batch of HIC's clone of catherine the grape, I can taste the blackcurrant, and a tiny bit of grape lost in a revolting soapy burning plastic. I got a 10ml of the grape concord from ecigexpress, and just smelling or tasting the bottle straight, tastes like soap, burnt plastic, and grape skins. did I get a bad batch, or is this what it's supposed to taste like?

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where did you get it?

Oops, stupid question...

I would guess that it's a bad batch.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I've heard they've had issues in the past, but I can't say for sure, this time. I should be getting my flavors from their sale in just a few minutes.

One thing I do, though, is put them in glass as soon as I get them. I don't trust plastic, though that's probably how they have them stored for distribution.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
is FA's concord grape supposed to taste like soap/plastic? I mixed up a batch of HIC's clone of catherine the grape, I can taste the blackcurrant, and a tiny bit of grape lost in a revolting soapy burning plastic. I got a 10ml of the grape concord from ecigexpress, and just smelling or tasting the bottle straight, tastes like soap, burnt plastic, and grape skins. did I get a bad batch, or is this what it's supposed to taste like?
at work playing on the computer when I should be working lol. I dont remember concord smelling or tasting like soap. I do like the concord. its in my jam sammichez juice and its really good for the jelly. Ill check it out tonight when I get home unless someone else chimes in first.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok off topic a bit but I have to share - cuz there is a great sale on these https://www.quirky.com/shop/765-zen-cosmetics-the-art-of-organization I bought 3 at the $9.99 price ugh. They are weird looking but believe me so handy, 1 is holding my wee testing bottles 1 dram and 2 dram size,but can hold way bigger ones. 1 is holding filled mini protank 2s and Evod clearomizers. The other is holding my at-my-desk set ups - no more rolling. These come in different colors and are easy to take apart and clean if need be. They also hold almost every size and shape because those weird little flower looking pieces move and change. Sorry, they can even hold flavorings. They are only $5 at this time:D:) They can hold mechs and mods in all shapes I checked lol

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The flavors I used so far are acceptable. (Flavorart). However, they did cheat me out of 2mL on another brand of flavoring. I ended up with only 8 ml's. I did bring it to their attention. However, I already used the 8ml's in a mix already. If I need replacement of Flavorart I will be using Bull City from now on. I use to love ecx. I no longer have any love for them. This last purchase and their response to the shorting proved their lack of accountability for a product in which they sell.

They did say they were sorry. In addition, I should take a photo of the flavoring. I could contact the owner direct but feel its a waste of time. My CC will visit other places. :)
I am leary of them also. If I owned a company and got as many complaints as I see given - I would change the way I packaged and or handled stuff - but hey that is just me:rolleyes:

VU Sponsors