caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, no, don't toss it aside! Not at all. If you like it, make it work for YOU. Just keep playing and have fun with it. I've heard that one is really good cheesecake flavor, but I have over 30ml of another right now, lol. I tried an oatmeal cookie tonight. It's not an oatmeal cookie, but it's good, lol. It needs to sit, too.
I like the flavor of oatmeal cookies, but hate the texture. I can have the best of them if you succeed. Please try hard.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like the flavor of oatmeal cookies, but hate the texture. I can have the best of them if you succeed. Please try hard.
I will definitely keep at it! I want these cookies dammit. No raisins. I don't eat raisins. It does have cranberry in it. Fig would do nicely, too.

SombreroCat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh cheese! didn't realize the time. i gotta do some homework. finals are coming up. bye

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello from Bella Cat.

Today while out wandering I stopped by Gaslight Vapor. The one Ruby Roo talks about.
Very nice guy. I think he was enthused with a gray haired woman who builds and mixes. :D
I got to sample stuff using his rig and dripper. So I dropped a little cash. Now I am addicted to http://gaslightvaporsupply.com/collections/handmade-liquids/products/attara-artisan-masala
http://gaslightvaporsupply.com/collections/handmade-liquids/products/attara-artisan-masala
It's a spiced tea latte. Yum.
Now I'm gonna hafta order some flavors to try and clone this

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I saw a post by HIC that gave his recipe for Cheesecake. I am planning on making it soon. I happen to really like the LorAnn cheesecake and have a 30ml bottle of it...Hate to see it go to waste if I find I like yours or Hic's better. :)
Besides being too sweet, right now, are you getting the cheesecake flavor at that % ?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello from Bella Cat.

Today while out wandering I stopped by Gaslight Vapor. The one Ruby Roo talks about.
Very nice guy. I think he was enthused with a gray haired woman who builds and mixes. :D
I got to sample stuff using his rig and dripper. So I dropped a little cash. Now I am addicted to
http://gaslightvaporsupply.com/collections/handmade-liquids/products/attara-artisan-masala
Pricey stuff! I bet you can definitely make one.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello from Bella Cat.

I got to sample stuff using his rig and dripper. So I dropped a little cash. Now I am addicted to

There are a few of us here:D I'm sure you can come up with something delicious!

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pricey stuff! I bet you can definitely make one.

I wish you all could taste it. It's not exactly a chai tea. So I can't put my finger on the spices. What would you use for milk? Fresh Cream?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish you all could taste it. It's not exactly a chai tea. So I can't put my finger on the spices. What would you use for milk? Fresh Cream?

Or maybe (if you want to live dangerously) yogurt from the kitchen line? Is the spice cardamom maybe?

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Or maybe (if you want to live dangerously) yogurt from the kitchen line? Is the spice cardamom maybe?

The cardamom is possible. I may have to hit my real spice cabinet and sniff bottles. He said he had a hard time with this mix getting the spices right. So I'm guessing several in small amounts.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If not Fresh Cream, Caps has a nice Sweet Cream. Fresh cream would be my first choice.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last edited:

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your raspberry/apple combo sounds like it would be good with either, too!
It could be. Perhaps a PB and J sandwich? That would take care of the too sweet taste I have now.
BTW: I copied down your Golden Oreo Cheesecake recipe and am going to try it soon. I'm going to have to make a substitution though. While I have TFA's Cheesecake Graham cracker, for some reason I can't taste it. Since everyone raves about it, I assume it is just a quirk of my taste buds. Oh, well...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@caddisfly It's really strange, but in this recipe, it's not very cheesecake like at all, more that it adds the texture, if that makes sense. I tossed that whole recipe together on a whim and really liked it. I still make that one, actually. It's very strong, very sweet. After a couple days it does really smooth out. Very vanilla and cookie! Feel free to cut that one down to taste, though. I hope you enjoy it :)

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@caddisfly It's really strange, but in this recipe, it's not very cheesecake like at all, more that it adds the texture, if that makes sense. I tossed that whole recipe together on a whim and really liked it. I still make that one, actually. It's very strong, very sweet. After a couple days it does really smooth out. Very vanilla and cookie! Feel free to cut that one down to taste, though. I hope you enjoy it :)
I'm looking forward to mixing it later today.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay, here is what I did with the Apple Raspberry Cheesecake.
1% FA Raspberry
1% FA Fuji Apple
2% LorAnn Cheesecake
1% FA Cookie

Yes, I bowed to peer pressure... just kidding. You guys were right. When I lowered the raspberry to 1% it solved my "too sweet" problem and mellowed it out a bit. For accuracy sake I (measured instead of using drops) mixed up 2.5ml of flavoring and then used it at 5%. I like the results very much.

Later this week, depending on Christmas mail problems, I'll be receiving my clean nic from VT. I 'll do a side by side taste test with my current nic from MFS. I have no complaints at all about MFS nic, but I want to find out for myself if there is really a difference.

Anyway, Thanks for your input. I'm learning a lot from you all.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay, here is what I did with the Apple Raspberry Cheesecake.
1% FA Raspberry
1% FA Fuji Apple
2% LorAnn Cheesecake
1% FA Cookie

Yes, I bowed to peer pressure... just kidding. You guys were right. When I lowered the raspberry to 1% it solved my "too sweet" problem and mellowed it out a bit. For accuracy sake I (measured instead of using drops) mixed up 2.5ml of flavoring and then used it at 5%. I like the results very much.

Later this week, depending on Christmas mail problems, I'll be receiving my clean nic from VT. I 'll do a side by side taste test with my current nic from MFS. I have no complaints at all about MFS nic, but I want to find out for myself if there is really a difference.

I'm so glad it worked out for you! I've heard good things about MFS, too, so they could be similar. I think @Thunderball uses MFS. I could be wrong.

Congrats on your mix, @cassisfly.

SombreroCat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if u put the @ in front of the name, it alerts them?

sorry to stray from the topic, but still trying to learn things around here

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I have used MFS nic and had no complaints either until I tried VT.
It is peppery which I don't care for and didn't notice as much until I tried VT.
Let us know what you think.

Correct @SombreroCat

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I was wondering that myself.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And alas I am a super taster and even at 6mg of nic VT tastes like pepper to me :confused: I am gonna try some nic sold by Inawera next LOL I figure by the time I am through I will have tried most of the nics out there. Thank goodness all do not have my tastebuds UGH:D

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have used MFS nic and had no complaints either until I tried VT.
It is peppery which I don't care for and didn't notice as much until I tried VT.
Let us know what you think.

Correct @SombreroCat
I'll do that. From what I read here that is the case. I am going to make sure all other things are equal. Devices, nic levels, new coils and fresh batteries.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mixed up a batch of your Golden Oreo Cheesecake just now. I'm liking it. What I did was I mixed up all but the TFA Cheesecake Graham and tasted it. It makes an excellent cookie so I split the batch in half, saving the cookie half to vape by itself. It's that good.

Then I added the TFA Chesecake Graham at 2% to half of it. Unfortunately this muddied up the cookie just like it always does for me. I'm sure others will it wonderful. But, I still have a good cookie to enjoy and a recipe to keep. Thank you Huckleberried.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I'd use Fresh Cream for a chai only if I were adding something else for sweetness. Vienna Cream can give you both cream + sweetness. FA Black Tea is ideal for chai, as are their spice flavors: Cinnamon Ceylon, Clove, Cardamom. If you want nutmeg, that's TFA Holiday Spice. For ginger, you can't beat Nature's Flavors, if you can find it. If you want honey, make a 10% dilution of FA Honey to use as your flavoring bottle - it's strong. TFA Brown Sugar Extra is a flavor you might also find useful for chai. You can branch out and flavor your chai with vanilla, peach, coconut - whatever types of flavors appeal to you in the real thing. I've mixed a bunch, and I guarantee the flavors I just listed can make chai that will satisfy the pickiest chai fan.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd use Fresh Cream for a chai only if I were adding something else for sweetness. Vienna Cream can give you both cream + sweetness. FA Black Tea is ideal for chai, as are their spice flavors: Cinnamon Ceylon, Clove, Cardamom. If you want nutmeg, that's TFA Holiday Spice. For ginger, you can't beat Nature's Flavors, if you can find it. If you want honey, make a 10% dilution of FA Honey to use as your flavoring bottle - it's strong. TFA Brown Sugar Extra is a flavor you might also find useful for chai. You can branch out and flavor your chai with vanilla, peach, coconut - whatever types of flavors appeal to you in the real thing. I've mixed a bunch, and I guarantee the flavors I just listed can make chai that will satisfy the pickiest chai fan.

HIC, I have both creams. I need to order the tea and a couple of the spices. I have the TFA brown sugar.

I don't describe this as strictly a chai flavor. & I love chai tea. I'm not 100% sure there is any cinnamon there. I do have some FA ginger on hand. I have some Nature's Flavors stuff, just not the ginger. I will prolly fiddle with this over the holidays.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I mixed up a batch of your Golden Oreo Cheesecake just now. I'm liking it. What I did was I mixed up all but the TFA Cheesecake Graham and tasted it. It makes an excellent cookie so I split the batch in half, saving the cookie half to vape by itself. It's that good.

Then I added the TFA Chesecake Graham at 2% to half of it. Unfortunately this muddied up the cookie just like it always does for me. I'm sure others will it wonderful. But, I still have a good cookie to enjoy and a recipe to keep. Thank you Huckleberried.
I'm glad your enjoying it :). You could add your Loranns and see how that does if you're curious, too.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm glad your enjoying it :). You could add your Loranns and see how that does if you're curious, too.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.
I was thinking about that but I had already put it in a tank that is not easily emptied. I'll mix up another batch and try it.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HIC, I have both creams. I need to order the tea and a couple of the spices. I have the TFA brown sugar.

I don't describe this as strictly a chai flavor. & I love chai tea. I'm not 100% sure there is any cinnamon there. I do have some FA ginger on hand. I have some Nature's Flavors stuff, just not the ginger. I will prolly fiddle with this over the holidays.
FYI, FA Ginger is not meant for vaping. It's oil based.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA Strawberry...

What say you all? TFA Strawberry tastes like PEZ, which is good when you want PEZ, but not when you want strawberry. Is FA like their other stuff... more "real" tasting?

Speaking of "tasting". I hate when restaurant folks ask, "how is your food tasting?". I'm always thinking, "unless my food has a tongue, I have no idea."
Wow...what % cramp? I mixed both tfa strawberries standalone at 10% and only taste like sugar to me. Ripe smells like strawberry...but after adding a few drops vinegar finally taste a little strawberry. Is this normal or am I just odd?

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow...what % cramp? I mixed both tfa strawberries standalone at 10% and only taste like sugar to me. Ripe smells like strawberry...but after adding a few drops vinegar finally taste a little strawberry. Is this normal or am I just odd?
I'm not a huge fan of either TFA strawberries. You're right that both are pretty weak. Ripe, especially.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a small bottle of Lorann oil Bavarian Cream. So not for vaping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Since there was such good sales I decided to give some FA tobacco a try for a change.
Really liking Maxx Blend. 2% stand alone is pretty dang good.
Will be interesting to see how it steeps.

D

Donald Bickers

they say your not supposed to ,but I have a couple of lorann oils in my flavors,and I use it,,i just think its hard on coils,,,,don't quote me on that ,but its never hurt me,but I also rebuild all my own coils when they get the least bit in need

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

According to this, Bavarian Creme is safe for vaping. Here is a spreadsheet showing some recommendations

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
The 3 uses of the word "oils" in flavoring:

The first use of the word "oil" is in name only. Several companies that produce food flavorings call them "flavor oils" regardless of the ingredients. Lorann uses the terms "flavor oils" and "candy oils" for their concentrated flavoring, as you'll see if you click the link to the explanation on their website. That does not mean that a "flavor oil" contains any type of oil at all. However some in that flavor line do include essential oils.

Essential oils are plant-derived oils. If you've ever vaped any citrus flavors, you've probably vaped some essential oils. If you've sniffed as you peel a citrus fruit, you've inhaled essential oils. Some people will argue they're unhealthy. Others will argue they're entirely safe or safe in reasonable amounts. Essential oils are intentionally inhaled in aromatherapy and non-mainstream medicine. They do not tend to clog coils. Flavorings that include essential oils are generally diluted with PG/VG/alcohol in some combination.

Vegetable-oil-based flavorings are those that use vegetable oil as the dilutant, rather than PG, VG, or alcohol. They're useful for cooking. These are literally cooking oils; it will clog your equipment (hardware and lungs). These are the ones to avoid for vaping. FlavourArt and other companies produce some flavorings like this. FlavourArt's are all in their Kitchen Magic section with inhalation warnings. Unfortunately, some e-cig vendors offer them without that warning. FA Ginger and Oregano are two examples. (Yes, bummer, I know!)

VU Sponsors