Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a order for bull city coming. However...
40% off all 10ml and 30ml bottles off DIY e-liquid flavors and unflavored nicotine through Sunday, December 7th! Use coupon code FLAVOR40. Excludes Capella and LorAnn. www.ecigexpress.com
...Some great prices on FA flavors. I have to go out tomorrow and buy something (container) just for FA flavors

Thanks for this, @Artemis! My email from ECX would've been lost in my "promotions" folder.
I now have a ridiculously large number of flavorings--including what I ordered at Bull City's great sale--headed my way--considering I'm very new to mixing. (sad to say, still no meringue--out of stock again!)

People often advise the beginner to use flavors from many manufacturers, but I stuck mostly to FA with a few TFA and INW hoping to keep the risks lower, fwiw. I'm so excited and now that they're coming, also kind of intimidated. Prolly a useful reaction, tho, as I want to resist the temptation to take on too much at once. My plan is to begin in a plodding way, testing a small group of single flavors, starting at low %, to get a feel for the landscape before I try any recipes. It guess it might be a bit boring while I lay some groundwork for myself, but if I can carry it through and stay organized with my notes, this MO seems best to me.

I stumbled on willmc's DIY tips and had my decision to proceed more or less in this way reconfirmed. And thanks for reminding me to keep it lighthearted and not take it all too seriously as I sometimes do.

@willmc also said in that thread:
...then one day a google search brought up DIY ejuice. I thought oh man this is for me. I am totally a DIY and hobby guy so I jumped on it. I read and read and read until I had the courage to order supplies. once i got my vapemail in I put everything on the cabinet and stared at it for what felt like hours.

This is pretty much exactly where I find myself--especially that bit about staring at everything when the mail came this am. I haven't dared open a single bottle yet. (Sniffing begins mañana :) Here's hoping I have something interesting to contribute somewhere down the line!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for this, @Artemis! My email from ECX would've been lost in my "promotions" folder.
I now have a ridiculously large number of flavorings--including what I ordered at Bull City's great sale--headed my way--considering I'm very new to mixing. (sad to say, still no meringue--out of stock again!)

People often advise the beginner to use flavors from many manufacturers, but I stuck mostly to FA with a few TFA and INW hoping to keep the risks lower, fwiw. I'm so excited and now that they're coming, also kind of intimidated. Prolly a useful reaction, tho, as I want to resist the temptation to take on too much at once. My plan is to begin in a plodding way, testing a small group of single flavors, starting at low %, to get a feel for the landscape before I try any recipes. It guess it might be a bit boring while I lay some groundwork for myself, but if I can carry it through and stay organized with my notes, this MO seems best to me.

I stumbled on willmc's DIY tips and had my decision to proceed more or less in this way reconfirmed. And thanks for reminding me to keep it lighthearted and not take it all too seriously as I sometimes do.

@willmc also said in that thread:

This is pretty much exactly where I find myself--especially that bit about staring at everything when the mail came this am. I haven't dared open a single bottle yet. (Sniffing begins mañana :) Here's hoping I have something interesting to contribute somewhere down the line!
Excellent post. I think you'll be very happy with a lot of FA (I'm partial), some TFA and some INW. I have some of those, too and others, as well. FA is my staple, though. I think you're ahead of the game! Sounds like some fun in store for you.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
People often advise the beginner to use flavors from many manufacturers, but I stuck mostly to FA
luckily you can read between the lines well. I often say to try lots of things what Im really saying in subliminal messages all the time is nothing tops FA dont waste money buying other things. hahaha. in a very nice way of coarse. excited for you.

SombreroCat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
okie i figured it out. u gotta go to unwatch thread and then play with stuff and play with it again and then one more time and then if you cross ur fingers, do a little dance, say the rosary, kiss the air, throw salt over ur shoulder, then the emails should stop. in case anyone else had this issue.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
luckily you can read between the lines well. I often say to try lots of things what Im really saying in subliminal messages all the time is nothing tops FA dont waste money buying other things. hahaha. in a very nice way of coarse. excited for you.
This is true. Yes, I love FA flavorings, but you just can't go wrong with quality. Period. In no way am I bashing another company. They all have their place, but FA bottles are making my flavoing box explode.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
okie i figured it out. u gotta go to unwatch thread and then play with stuff and play with it again and then one more time and then if you cross ur fingers, do a little dance, say the rosary, kiss the air, throw salt over ur shoulder, then the emails should stop. in case anyone else had this issue.
I'll bookmark this in case anyone asks. :cool:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow. I think we may have found someone more nutty than myself. Cat, you're welcome here anytime as long as you keep up the shenanigans.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't made lists in a long time.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ever since FA this is how mixing new flavors is for me. oh man this is going to be good. here we go. then I mix it up and I say its good but ... with FA its always goes like this. mix mix vape vape. hell yes this is good.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You know, I ALMOST bought Bread Crust today, but backed out.
dude no way. next time you got to get it. you have unique taste buds. bet you might find a use for it.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
THAT sounds delicious!! What didn't you like about it? Percentages?
This is what I have so far.
FA Raspberry 2%
FA Fuji Apple 1%
FA Cookie 1%
LorAnn Cheescake 2%

I just mixed it an hour ago and I liked it, but it might be too sweet. I'm thinking about adding 1% Lemon juice to knock that down. I'll decide tomorrow.

SombreroCat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what r these awards? i just got some. do i win kibble?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I swear somewhere right now big things are happening with breast crust. the unlocked flavor. I came close ish but there is a reason and a partner for it if anyone is brave enough to take the challange

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@wllmc, don't you have LorAnn Cheesecake? I haven't worked with that one, myself. But, for me, at least, I'd have to drop the raspberry down to 0.5% or 1%. It's very strong to me.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
FA Raspberry 2%
FA Fuji Apple 1%
FA Cookie 1%
LorAnn Cheescake 2%

I just mixed it an hour ago and I liked it, but it might be too sweet. I'm thinking about adding 1% Lemon juice to knock that down. I'll decide tomorrow.
Id try a combination of vienna and fresh. that LA doesnt always work the best. I do like it though

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I swear somewhere right now big things are happening with breast crust. the unlocked flavor. I came close ish but there is a reason and a partner for it if anyone is brave enough to take the challange
I have a dilution, but tossed the original bottle. My house made me.

SombreroCat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA Raspberry 2%
FA Fuji Apple 1%
FA Cookie 1%
LorAnn Cheescake 2%

i'd go

1% fuji
1% raspberry
.75% cookie
.5% vienna
1% tfa cheesecake w/ graham

never tried it, but it sounds good

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@wllmc, don't you have LorAnn Cheesecake? I haven't worked with that one, myself. But, for me, at least, I'd have to drop the raspberry down to 0.5% or 1%. It's very strong to me.
I kinda just answered this lol LA cheesecake only works sometimes with FA. I use it with caps and TFA mostly.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FA Raspberry 2%
FA Fuji Apple 1%
FA Cookie 1%
LorAnn Cheescake 2%

This really does sound delicious. Let us know what you think about it tomorrow. It may blend really nicely over night, if you're not sure about it right now. Many of the things I mix up are really sweet, then mellow out.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
and ya raspberry might be better around 1% depending how strong you want it. even 0.5% raspberry and 1.5% fuji

SombreroCat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i might actually try the recipe i just put up ^. you know what else might be good? how bout

.5 % fuji
.5 % raspberry
.5 % apricot
.5 % vienna
.75 % cookie
1 % tfa cheesecake w/ graham
.75-1 % tfa white chocolate

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yup , what huck said. wait a bit. not sure I would go the lemon juice route yet

SombreroCat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hahahahahahahaha i love how i didn't even see that. must b cuz i'm not a dude

SombreroCat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no stevia. i used to put sweeteners in everything i did. it either muted it for me or it gave off a funky taste

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I dont use sweeteners, lemons, vinegar,wizard,flash,smooth,sour. none of that stuff. no distilled water or saline . just pg/vg, nic , FA.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Id try a combination of vienna and fresh. that LA doesnt always work the best. I do like it though
I saw a post by HIC that gave his recipe for Cheesecake. I am planning on making it soon. I happen to really like the LorAnn cheesecake and have a 30ml bottle of it...Hate to see it go to waste if I find I like yours or Hic's better. :)

SombreroCat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw a post by HIC that gave his recipe for Cheesecake. I am planning on making it soon. I happen to really like the LorAnn cheesecake and have a 30ml bottle of it...Hate to see it go to waste if I find I like yours or Hic's better. :)
i know that feeling. i have too many bottles sitting around bored. they ask me to use them, but i keep telling them not until they start tasting better. then i tell them to sit there and think about what theyve done. nothing works.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, no, don't toss it aside! Not at all. If you like it, make it work for YOU. Just keep playing and have fun with it. I've heard that one is really good cheesecake flavor, but I have over 30ml of another right now, lol. I tried an oatmeal cookie tonight. It's not an oatmeal cookie, but it's good, lol. It needs to sit, too.

VU Sponsors