Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have crocus in my front yard landscape. The squirrels dug up most of the bulbs, though. They pop up very early Spring, for me. "How It's Made" had a great segment on crocus not too long ago.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally working on that Stawberries-n-Cream vape. A drop of cookie just spoiled a 6ml tester. That's an experiment I don't think anybody needs to repeat, FYI.

Ended up with:
3% Strawberry
2% Vienna Cream
1% Catalan Cream
.5% Lemon Sicily

Vienna was making Strawberry too ripe IMO, so the Lemon Sicily moves it toward a fresher flavor for me and the Catalan adds complexity and lends that touch of vanilla to smooth things out and boost flavor.

Next I might try swapping percentages of Catalan and Vienna Creams or maybe go 1/1/1 with the addition of Fresh Cream or even Meringue.

So, playing around with a few more flavors, I worked up to:
3% Strawberry
1% Vienna Cream
1% Catalan Cream
1% Fresh Cream
1% Meringue
.5% Lemon Sicily

Started with the Strawberry, Vienna and Catalan. Enjoying the creamy aspect more with less Vienna. It seems to be bringing kind of an earthy component. Maybe that's the wrong word, but I also noticed the fruity side was not coming out as much. Added the Fresh Cream. It made a pretty significant change. Bringing that milky aftertaste I would associate with an actual dish of strawberries-n-cream and went ahead and brought the Lemon Sicily back in. Finally brought the Meringue in because it has a nice effect with Lemon Sicily, but I didn't notice much difference. Maybe a little sweeter.

Thinking now, maybe cut out the Vienna totally as well as the Meringue. Maybe sub Marshmallow to make up for the sweetness of those.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have crocus in my front yard landscape. The squirrels dug up most of the bulbs, though. They pop up very early Spring, for me. "How It's Made" had a great segment on crocus not too long ago.

Squirrels ate my regular crocus, too - every one of the them. They leave the autumn-blooming ones like saffron crocus untouched. I believe the bulbs are toxic. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just noticed HIC added some of his recipes to the recipe site I use http://e-liquid-recipes.com. I wanted to recommend this site to everyone because it has a few features which allow you to enter your flavor stash then search for recipes you can make. Its also a decent calculator, pretty nifty.

NO, I DID NOT!
My recipes turn up all over the place, but the only place *I* ever put them is on VU.

When I have changes, improvements, variations, comments, etc. - they end up only on VU. I have seen errors on copies, too.
It's a little bit of touchy subject for me and part of the reason I haven't been posting many recipes lately.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
NO, I DID NOT!
My recipes turn up all over the place, but the only place *I* ever put them is on VU.

When I have changes, improvements, variations, comments, etc. - they end up only on VU. I have seen errors on copies, too.
It's a little bit of touchy subject for me and part of the reason I haven't been posting many recipes lately.
I thought Daath asked you if he could put them on there. No?

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
NO, I DID NOT!

Oh, that sucks. It said the author was HeadInClouds@VU so I figured it was you. There's like 129 on there I think. :eek:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, that sucks. It said the author was HeadInClouds@VU so I figured it was you. There's like 129 on there I think. :eek:

They are his recipes, but he didn't post them there. And any changes aren't there!

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hic,
We all know daath put them on his excellent site so that his site users (I am one of them) would have access to them! He gave full credit to You in all of them and even referenced VU for original recipe! Just respectfully asking, Do You have a problem with that?

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They are his recipes, but he didn't post them there. And any changes aren't there!
Sure, but I figured that if someone went to the trouble of creating an account with that name it was probably him.

It sure saves me a lot of trouble finding HICs recipes that I have the ingredients for.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
They were having quite a few problems with the screen getting all scrambling up, might have it fixed now though. I ended up getting the Sigelei 100W plus. Seems very durable, batteries last a couple days. $99 shipped. http://vaporrange.com
nice. thanks !

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I thought Daath asked you if he could put them on there. No?

I no longer even answer those questions, because when I've actually said no in the past, I've gotten hate mail. If it at least has a link back to the original, I think that's all I can reasonably expect.

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally working on that Stawberries-n-Cream vape. A drop of cookie just spoiled a 6ml tester. That's an experiment I don't think anybody needs to repeat, FYI.

Ended up with:
3% Strawberry
2% Vienna Cream
1% Catalan Cream
.5% Lemon Sicily

Vienna was making Strawberry too ripe IMO, so the Lemon Sicily moves it toward a fresher flavor for me and the Catalan adds complexity and lends that touch of vanilla to smooth things out and boost flavor.

Next I might try swapping percentages of Catalan and Vienna Creams or maybe go 1/1/1 with the addition of Fresh Cream or even Meringue.

So, playing around with a few more flavors, I worked up to:
3% Strawberry
1% Vienna Cream
1% Catalan Cream
1% Fresh Cream
1% Meringue
.5% Lemon Sicily

Started with the Strawberry, Vienna and Catalan. Enjoying the creamy aspect more with less Vienna. It seems to be bringing kind of an earthy component. Maybe that's the wrong word, but I also noticed the fruity side was not coming out as much. Added the Fresh Cream. It made a pretty significant change. Bringing that milky aftertaste I would associate with an actual dish of strawberries-n-cream and went ahead and brought the Lemon Sicily back in. Finally brought the Meringue in because it has a nice effect with Lemon Sicily, but I didn't notice much difference. Maybe a little sweeter.

Thinking now, maybe cut out the Vienna totally as well as the Meringue. Maybe sub Marshmallow to make up for the sweetness of those.
All the talk of strawberries n cream made me want some as well. I don't have the Catalan Cream though. So this is what tossed together.
4% strawberry
2% fresh cream
2% Oba Oba.
Sorry, all FA.
The strawberry seems faint to me, but I did shake and vape. Maybe it will get better with time. I didn't really know what Oba Oba was lol so I did the finger drip flavor test and felt it was pretty creamy. So I used it lol. The cream flavor is right, the strawberry is lacking.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hic,
Here is a recent example of daath's posting to his website! Look at this and tell us if You have a problem with it! I hope You don't since I think your excellent recipes should be available to all, but please weigh in on this! SEE:http://www.e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/76139/HIC%27s Baileys Coke

There are at least 3 public databases with copies of every/most of the recipes I've ever posted. That one's more up to date than most, if he already has one from yesterday. None has the capacity to include all the info as I posted it, changes when they occur, variations/comments/substitutions that people may add in comments, etc. If I correct a mistake here, I always hope I've done it fast enough. Besides the databases, individual recipes are copied all over the place. I've even seen some in Korean. If they were all just links, it wouldn't bother me at all. I have no beef with daath, just to be clear.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All the talk of strawberries n cream made me want some as well. I don't have the Catalan Cream though. So this is what tossed together.
4% strawberry
2% fresh cream
2% Oba Oba.
Sorry, all FA.
The strawberry seems faint to me, but I did shake and vape. Maybe it will get better with time. I didn't really know what Oba Oba was lol so I did the finger drip flavor test and felt it was pretty creamy. So I used it lol. The cream flavor is right, the strawberry is lacking.
Something tart like lemon or lime will help bring it out. HIC has used Oba Oba in place of marshmallow I think, but somehow it's related to the tobaccos. I found FA strawberry to be pretty ripe and on the sweet side so the fresh cream could be muting it because its kinda a dry flavor.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC has used Oba Oba in place of marshmallow I think but somehow its related to the
tobaccos.

If you let it sit around long enough, a recipe with Oba Oba will eventually give some people a little tobacco-like impression.
FlavourArt lists it under Sweet flavors, not Tobacco flavors.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you let it sit around long enough, a recipe with Oba Oba will eventually give some people a little tobacco-like impression.
Ah, I haven't gotten to try that one yet so I don't really know. I just remember people had mentioned it somehow related to tobaccos.

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On a shake and vape I'm not getting a tobacco flavor, and I'm thinking it won't sit around long enough to "mature" into a tobacco either lol

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
4% strawberry
2% fresh cream
2% Oba Oba.
Sorry, all FA.
Yeah, the FA strawberry is weak to me too. I heard that Bilberry used to steal Strawberry's lunch money back in 4th grade, lol. It is a good realistic flavor, just very subtle.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are at least 3 public databases with copies of every/most of the recipes I've ever posted. That one's more up to date than most, if he already has one from yesterday. None has the capacity to include all the info as I posted it, changes when they occur, variations/comments/substitutions that people may add in comments, etc. If I correct a mistake here, I always hope I've done it fast enough. Besides the databases, individual recipes are copied all over the place. I've even seen some in Korean. If they were all just links, it wouldn't bother me at all. I have no beef with daath, just to be clear.

HIC, I used e-liquid calculator to figure 3 or 4 of your recipes, but marked them private. I have seen your's there by others & attributed.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Korean you say? You've hit star status!!!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, I used e-liquid calculator to figure 3 or 4 of your recipes, but marked them private. I have seen your's there by others & attributed.

Thank you for marking them private. That gives you all the cool features there, without the possibility of spreading any mistakes I've made. :)

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have that one too! Vaping it right now.

& watching Peter, Paul & Mary on PBS. No Iced tea.
Lol, the wife (her name is Susan too!) used to have peacocks named Peter, Paula, and Mary.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Now ya gotta come up with your own dance and post it to YouTube!
0494e1c3494e38e485ed7ee6c2ba60588654e849e1afc805a67824b6eac3e2bd.jpg

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Buttered popcorn with lemon pepper.

14% TFA Popcorn
2% FA Lemon Sicily
1% FA Coconut
1% FA Walnut
1% FA Black Pepper
1% TFA Acetyl Pyrazine

Hot buttered popcorn with lemon pepper sprinkled on it is a favorite of mine since practically forever and I have been trying to duplicate the flavor in a vape. Until I started using FA Flavors I had no way to do it.This is what I have so far.

The Popcorn. TFA popcorn is what I had on hand and the 14% is what is called on in the lists I've seen. This does taste of popcorn, but could be more
pronounced.

The lemon. I kept this purposely low as to not overwhelm the popcorn.

The coconut and walnut. Together they give the buttery undertones.

The Black pepper. This gives the pepper taste which is quite good, however it lacks the hotness of true pepper. I understand there is a capsaicin flavor out there somewhere that might provide that.

The AP. This helps the popcorn flavor.

Over all I like the recipe as far as it goes, but I thought I would post it here before I go off on a tangent and ruin the whole thing. Pleas try it, either in your mind or for real.

Any suggestions?

Edited to clean up typos. I'm too old for this.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LOL! This looks like a fun one @caddisfly! Such a neat idea, too. I'll have to try real lemon peppered popcorn. Thanks for sharing this with us. HIC was talking about AP and Popcorn one day. I wish I could remember what exactly was said!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL! This looks like a fun one @caddisfly! Such a neat idea, too. I'll have to try real lemon peppered popcorn. Thanks for sharing this with us. HIC was talking about AP and Popcorn one day. I wish I could remember what exactly was said!
Thanks Huck. Yeah, HIC mentioned that high percentages AP doesn't really taste like popcorn. So I had to try it. I found it sorta does. I added 1% and it did improve my recipe.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hee hee hee! Did I mention I own stock in TFA...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Buttered popcorn with lemon pepper.

14% TFA Popcorn
2% FA Lemon Sicily
1% FA Coconut
1% FA Walnut
1% FA Black Pepper
1% TFA Acetyl Pyrazine

Hot buttered popcorn with lemon pepper sprinkled on it is a favorite of mine since practically forever and I have been trying to duplicate the flavor in a vape. Until I started using FA Flavors I had no way to do it.This is what I have so far.

The Popcorn. TFA popcorn is what I had on hand and the 14% is what is called on in the lists I've seen. This does taste of popcorn, but could be more
pronounced.

The lemon. I kept this purposely low as to not overwhelm the popcorn.

The coconut and walnut. Together they give the buttery undertones.

The Black pepper. This gives the pepper taste which is quite good, however it lacks the hotness of true pepper. I understand there is a capsaicin flavor out there somewhere that might provide that.

The AP. This helps the popcorn flavor.

Over all I like the recipe as far as it goes, but I thought I would post it here before I go off on a tangent and ruin the whole thing. Pleas try it, either in your mind or for real.

Any suggestions?

Edited to clean up typos. I'm too old for this.
Sounds amazing! I think I have popcorn somewhere too!

Sirkris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really want in on these strawberry and cream recipes. I have strawberry, Catalan, fresh, and custard.. What percents do y'all recommend?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Strawberries and cream? @HeadInClouds, @wllmc, @Emilie.... you're up!

If you start with about 3% FA Strawberry and add 0.5% or 1% each of a few other FA flavors, you really can't go wrong: Meringue, Fresh Cream, Vienna Cream, Custard, Catalan Cream. I personally like it with Custard and Fresh Cream. Some people would add Marshmallow to that list (not me; I'd go Cocoa first :).

VU Sponsors