FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just vaped an old mix I had made with WL nic and saline. I've been vaping VT nic recently, and suddenly I'm tasting the salt in this mix - weird! It's been sitting around for a while. It's not unpleasant, I'm just aware that there's saline in this mix. And it doesn't mute the flavor at all.
Hmm, I wonder if it would be more apparent in VT nic.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, I have a question for someone else....at what % is Peach White good for standalone?

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just made this with 2% kiwi and 3% fa watermelon. Its really good, even with my stinky old WL nic...lol! I am going to have to get vt nic when bull city gets it....when is that again?
I finally got a chance to mix again and was going for your same exact recipe here. Ended up going a tiny bit higher, at ~2.5% FA kiwi and ~3.5% FA watermelon. Didn't have out my small syringe and used a 10 ml grad.cylinder instead just from being in a hurry. Educated eyeballing! But I know I went a tad high and figured I could dilute down slightly if needed.

Very good at these percentages though, and I can tell a big difference from using the TFA watermelon. The FA is more like digging into the heart of a ripe melon, while the TFA did have a slight jolly rancher thing going on. Both very good but I'm liking the FA mixed with kiwi better. The TFA I think would be better mixed with some bubblegum.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Anytime I'm testing a single, I start at 2%, unless I read it somewhere otherwise. The flavor reviews are full of great information from HIC.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does HIC have a Peach White flavor review? I didn't think so....maybe I didn't look hard enough.

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, I'm about to make my third order from FA and I need some advice so I don't mess up again because I will probably not be ordering in a while after this. My first two orders made me end up with a bunch of fruits and some flavors that seemed interesting, only to realize I really like creamy vapes and that the flavors I have don't produce much more than some simple fruity mixes.
This is the list of what I have now, in no order: (all FA unless where stated otherwise)
peppermint
cinnamon
apricot
honey
vanilla burbon
orange
coconut
oak wood
fuji
bilberry
cola
zen garden
bergamot
banana
walnut
cardamom
jasmine
lime distilled
fresh cream
strawberry
green tea
pommegranate
cocoa
anise
bitter wizard
maxx blend
desert ship
virginia
cuban supeme
INW dragon fruit
INW orange WG
INW raspberry
INW TA cuban supreme
ethyl maltol

My current shopping cart consists of:
apple pie
caramel
vienna cream
meringue
brandy
catalan cream
jamacian rhum
mandarin
irish cream
cookie
custard
nut mix
blackberry
tiramisu
blackcurrant
toronne
black fire
coffee espresso
lemon sicily
ry4

I'm temped to add some of the following:
almond
chocolate
marzipan
gin
whisky
marshmallow
melon
watermelon
kiwi
vanila tahity - is it a lot better than burbon for fruits?

I might be able to squeeze a flavor or two more in there, but I'm already over my budget.
I would like to know if I'm missing something crucial or if I'm missing a flavor that pairs really well with something I have/am about to get.
I will probably not be ordering for a while after this.
I know it's a wall of text with a lot of flavors, but any help would really be appreciated.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, I'm about to make my third order from FA and I need some advice so I don't mess up again because I will probably not be ordering in a while after this. My first two orders made me end up with a bunch of fruits and some flavors that seemed interesting, only to realize I really like creamy vapes and that the flavors I have don't produce much more than some simple fruity mixes.
This is the list of what I have now, in no order: (all FA unless where stated otherwise)

My current shopping cart consists of:

I'm temped to add some of the following:

I might be able to squeeze a flavor or two more in there, but I'm already over my budget.
I would like to know if I'm missing something crucial or if I'm missing a flavor that pairs really well with something I have/am about to get.
I will probably not be ordering for a while after this.
I know it's a wall of text with a lot of flavors, but any help would really be appreciated.

Fresh Cream is really good plain cream, adds cream without anything extra. Irish Cream, think Baileys, delicious boozy cream. Both are must haves for me, YMMV.

CreepyLady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@zolt FA Chocolate, Whisky and Marshmallow are must haves for me. I like the rich creamy dessert flavors...you also should heed the advice above about fresh cream - I would get that over catalan if you want to adjust your current list for budgetary reasons. Keep Jamaican Rum and Vienna Cream on the current list too!

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the replies. I already have fresh cream (it's how I realized I like creamy vapes) and will probably add Chocolate, Whisky and Marshmallow.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@zolt FA Chocolate, Whisky and Marshmallow are must haves for me. I like the rich creamy dessert flavors...you also should heed the advice above about fresh cream - I would get that over catalan if you want to adjust your current list for budgetary reasons. Keep Jamaican Rum and Vienna Cream on the current list too!
Whatchoo doin' with Whisky? I just bought some....

CreepyLady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mmmmm Whisky - I just made a coconut/whisky/vanilla mix and added a smidge of TFA Toasted almond :D Its a current top fave for me! If you want the recipe lemme know!

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Yooperdad
Sadly, I'm in Europe and don't want to order from TFA at the moment because I would only order 3-4 flavorings and I think the shipping costs will kill me. Does anyone know an European reseller for TFA?
@CreepyLady
Please do, more recipes are always nice to have.

CreepyLady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA Coconut 2%
FA Vanilla Classic 1% (Im sure bourbon or tahity can go here instead if it is your preferred vanilla)
FA Whiskey 1%

If you want toasted coconut add 4% total using any variation (whether it be one or both) of TFA Toasted Almond and/or TFA Toasted Marshmallow

(The toasted version will remind you of a very pricey reserve flavor that is well known :) )

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FA Coconut 2%
FA Vanilla Classic 1% (Im sure bourbon or tahity can go here instead if it is your preferred vanilla)
FA Whiskey 1%

If you want toasted coconut add 4% total using any variation (whether it be one or both) of TFA Toasted Almond and/or TFA Toasted Marshmallow

(The toasted version will remind you of a very pricey reserve flavor that is well known :) )

Sounds good. I have all that stuff.

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, FA just decided they don't ship to Slovenia anymore. They told me to convince an authorized reseller who only sells premixed FA juices to start selling flavor concentrates. Great.

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll check them out, thanks! They're a bit more expensive, but I guess better than the options I have at the moment and they also have TFA flavors, so I could get me some brown sugar, AP and koolada :D Do they come in original bottles? I would like that because I use those to measure percentages.

CreepyLady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im not certain, Im state-side. I just remember another EU member from the other place using them often :)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd have to add FA Lemon Sicily, FA Cookie, FA Vanilla Tahiti, and FA Vanilla Classic to your list...
Oh, and TFA Cheesecake (Graham Crust), TFA Brown Sugar Extra, and TFA Vanilla Swirl, lol.
Ya, I'd skip the Catalan too, as it has more of a spiciness, and less creaminess.
I like the Creamy, Vanilla, and Cheesecake mixes also, and usually with fruits.
But I like my tobacco's too.
You'll always need just 1 or 2 or 10 more flavors...

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, I have a question for someone else....at what % is Peach White good for standalone?

I might try 2 to 3. With 4% being the most. Ive been playing with that a lot this week. It's an incredible flavor and it's very concentrated.

I tried to re create red vs blue (tfa receipie) with all fa flavors and the white peach overpowers the bilberry and strawberry..... And all were at 1% each.

I will say that I found a new favorite adv.... Instead of red vs blue, I got a new juice I'm calling white peach cocktail

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for all your help. I will be adding those to the list. I hope I manage to convince FA to make an exception with my order, or else I will just order from Liberty Flights. Their shipping is pretty cheap, but the flavorings cost a bit more and they're missing a few essential flavorings like espresso and irish cream (they also don't have any of the TFA flavors I would want)

@AmandaD funny that you mention that now, I just decided to revisit it earler today. I thought I couldn't taste it or that I got a bad batch, but I tried it again at 3% and I can definitely taste it, it's just not very strong. It's a very natural aroma and it's only slightly sweet, so it's harder to notice, as opposed to berries for example which are more in your face. I think it reminds me of cooked apricots, the kind you would find in apricot dumplings. It could probably be paired with something else to make it stand out more like the banana/walnut combo, but I don't really know what.

danykitten

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How is the ry4? I'm looking for a sweeter version almost candy like more than tobacco

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I find FA Apricot and regular Peach to be less concentrated than most of the FA flavors I've tried. I have 7% Apricot in one recipe - granted, I like strong flavor, but that's high for me for any FA flavor.

The Peach White is the bomb, Thunderball. Yeah, it's a nice flavor.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find FA Apricot and regular Peach to be less concentrated than most of the FA flavors I've tried. I have 7% Apricot in one recipe - granted, I like strong flavor, but that's high for me for any FA flavor.

The Peach White is the bomb, Thunderball. Yeah, it's a nice flavor.

It's giddilyicious !!!!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok...I gotta jump on the "I wont buy WL Nic again" Train.

I had always bought Nic from them in 100% VG in 60MG. Anyway, It always did smell like burnt nasty Sh_t. I just thought all Nic would taste like burnt nasty Sh_t.
Anyway, I cant wait to try the VT nic is what Im getting to. If myfreedomsmokes nic is that much better than Wizard, then I can only imagine how much better the VT is than Myfreedomsmokes.

The problem is, I have a liter to go through and I dont dont vape at 24mg anymore........not even close. Over the past two years, Ive gone from 24 to 6 MG naturally (as in, not trying to go down) I have been going down in nic as my throat and body tells me its time to go down.

Anyway, thats all I got. I feel so bad telling people the last year and a half that they should buy their nic from Wizard. Ive actualy said, "Nic is Nic"....I was sooooo wrong.:oops:

PS... The blind leading the blind..:confused:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok...I gotta jump on the "I wont buy WL Nic again" Train.

I had always bought Nic from them in 100% VG in 60MG. Anyway, It always did smell like burnt nasty Sh_t. I just thought all Nic would taste like burnt nasty Sh_t.
Anyway, I cant wait to try the VT nic is what Im getting to. If myfreedomsmokes nic is that much better than Wizard, then I can only imagine how much better the VT is than Myfreedomsmokes.

The problem is, I have a liter to go through and I dont dont vape at 24mg anymore........not even close. Over the past two years, Ive gone from 24 to 6 MG naturally (as in, not trying to go down) I have been going down in nic as my throat and body tells me its time to go down.

Anyway, thats all I got. I feel so bad telling people the last year and a half that they should buy their nic from Wizard. Ive actualy said, "Nic is Nic"....I was sooooo wrong.:oops:

PS... The blind leading the blind..:confused:

I bought my nic exclusively from WL before I found VT. There's nothing wrong with the VT nic in my opinion - it just isn't as clean as the VT nic. So I don't at all think you were steering people wrong :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought my nic exclusively from WL before I found VT. There's nothing wrong with the VT nic in my opinion - it just isn't as clean as the VT nic. So I don't at all think you were steering people wrong :)

Either you were lucky or I was very un lucky.

I looked it up for fun, and I had made 4 orders from Wizard in the past 1.5 years ..... each time I ordered either 2 - 250 MG bottles or a single 500 MG bottle (three vapers in the house). All of mine smelled very bad and was pretty darn peppery tasting as well. I just thought all nic was suppose to taste and smell like that.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only vape 6mg, so it may be that the difference is less noticeable? I did make a very strong mix for a friend, and couldn't even get it near my mouth LOL I buy mine in a PG base, if that makes a difference.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I am just at a loss..

What is John and Suzy doing over at WL? Their nic used to be the entire best you could ever! get.
I used to use it exclusively.. would never ever prode anyone to buy elsewhere..
but.. I have gotten my nic privately since Dec of last year.. and now I hear all of this.. it makes me sad..
because I know if they knew what is being said.. they would correct it.. has anyone even bothered to drop them a note?

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only vape 6mg, so it may be that the difference is less noticeable? I did make a very strong mix for a friend, and couldn't even get it near my mouth LOL I buy mine in a PG base, if that makes a difference.

I dont know, but mines 100% VG. Just sayin that there is a world of difference in the two here at my house. I made some new batches of old favorite juices today and the family can tell the difference as well. One daughter still vapes at 16MG.
We were all pretty exited abiout the whole thing.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Either you were lucky or I was very un lucky.

I looked it up for fun, and I had made 4 orders from Wizard in the past 1.5 years ..... each time I ordered either 2 - 250 MG bottles or a single 500 MG bottle (three vapers in the house). All of mine smelled very bad and was pretty darn peppery tasting as well. I just thought all nic was suppose to taste and smell like that.
I haven't noticed the peppery taste at all with my WL nic, but haven't been mixing all that long. First nic purchase was 120 ml of 48mg. Was mixing at 10-12% at first so it didn't last too long, and got 120 ml of 100mg that I just opened last week. They smell like something burnt, but haven't noticed any odd taste. Mixing at 2% so maybe that's too weak to make much difference. I will be trying the VT nic next time to get a comparison, which I'd have never heard of if not for you guys on the old forum.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am just at a loss..

What is John and Suzy doing over at WL? Their nic used to be the entire best you could ever! get.
I used to use it exclusively.. would never ever prode anyone to buy elsewhere..
but.. I have gotten my nic privately since Dec of last year.. and now I hear all of this.. it makes me sad..
because I know if they knew what is being said.. they would correct it.. has anyone even bothered to drop them a note?

I have seen threads about it from time to time in the other forum....on occasion.....about foul smelling nic from different vendors and was usually recomended by other forum members to send it back. I understand (read a thread) wherte Wizard would be quick to respond and replace it, but I never did.

By the time I went through two different bottles made at different times and it hit me that mine may be "bad" like others mentioned, I had horded nic in the freezer from WL and didnt think thery would replace bottles that were bought a few months before hand and they were unopened diff batches anyway. And by the time I opened them a few months later and noticed the same foul smell and overly peppery taste, I just figured It all smelled like that. Were talking 4 different batches here.

So, to clarify, I opened a bottle I got on sale in December from Myfreedomsmokes and stuck in the freezer as the horder I was back then ( actually thought it may be an inferior product when I ordered it, cause I was a WL kind of guy) because I ran out of all my WL nic today. Its a world of difference. Not just a little difference, its quite different. I do have about a half inch of nic left in the bottom of the bottle of WL 250 ML because I did want to compare it to VT when I did order some. So.... I have to say that this is not in my head.

If anyone is that interested and wants to smell this foul smelling stuff, I will send it to you. Really.

Edit: The stink is worse than the slightly peppery taste, The taste difference is there, but it is not as bad as the smell. Im not saying the taste is gross, but Im moving forward from here. Many people on the other forum have said many times that they Like the WL peppery taste due to increased throat hit. Im starting to understand all that now.....and I dont like it.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
hmm i might be tempted, Thunderball.. just to see. but if it is pg.. pass it to someone else..
will be willing to look at it and ship it off to someone that might need it too..

I don't "need" it.. just curious.. but if you know someone in bad need of nic.. think of them first..

at worse.. if you have any ants or bugs you want to get rid of.. use the bad nic.. :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
thought I saw some remarks on white peach.. here is my contrib.. :D

all fa

4% White Peach
2% Bitter Wizard
2% White Champagne

can add a tiny drop of ddl tpa to this along with some soft vanillin.. maybe a drop of saline.

I do love the white peach.. I am not as good as HIC on descriptions but here is mine:

fresh
could almost taste the stone pit
some fuzz, i'd say a firm sweet peach..
one of my peach recipes (I have more than a few lol) uses this. ;)

would I use/order it again? of course! :p:D

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im sorry all, didnt mean to be a negative nellie.

Its just since Ive been cruising this thread and reading all your posts and have ordered all of this FA flavoring, Ive really come out of the slump that I was in (and didnt realize I was in). Im tasting things using these flavors that I didnt know I could get. Ive been re evaluating some of my old recipies and have been really enjoying simple fruits that I never enjoyed using all of my TFA. Hic and Huck and Wilmc and ALL of you have made me try different notes and have realized with the right (more realistic ? authentic? correct? ) flavorings, I can mix juices just like I would when I was mixing stuff as if I was cooking.

Ive copied some of your recipies and it has been quite an eye opener. Im now playing with my own juices and its working out well for me for the little bit Ive done. The Nic thing really was an eye opener for me. I now want that to be as tasteless as possible.

I drink alot of MIO/Icee type water flavorings........ now im wondering if I can make my own with this FA.... ??

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont know, but mines 100% VG. Just sayin that there is a world of difference in the two here at my house. I made some new batches of old favorite juices today and the family can tell the difference as well. One daughter still vapes at 16MG.
We were all pretty exited abiout the whole thing.

Oh, don't get me wrong - there is a big difference! I love VT nic, and I'm totally sold on it. I save my WL nic for friends...LOL

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Say No!! to mio..

I heard mio is not something you want in your lungs.
LOL..I dont want to vape it.... Im wondering how I can make a juice out of FA to put in my water to flavor it. Im guessing I would just add some sweetner ? Stevia maybe ? Anybody try this ?

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got my order from bull city today! Wow....two days from order to my doorstep! VT nic! Woo hoo! Now I cant decide what to make. I am thinking hic's swiss chocolate, the kiwi watermelon vape (do you think a dab of marshmallow would go good with it). I also got a crap ton of flavors including TFA redhots and gummy candy! What to do with those? Also finally got fugi apple.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VU Sponsors