Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Anyone remember how I said the Golden Oreo Cheesecake recipe reminded me of cake? Then I tried making Italian Cream Cake, following similar lines of that.... not cake, but still pretty good. Well, I had half a mini protank of Golden Oreo, added half a tank of Italian Cream. Pretty good, really.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if anyone has the New Pistachio besides FA direct. wllmc seems to have some pull with BCV... hit 'em up wllmc!
Haha, Drew is a cool guy. Huck, just ask him about it! He might stock it per your request. Then youll have pull

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup. He'll get back to you for sure. He emailed me earlier this evening, busy guy as of late, good thing eh? But I'll mention it to him as well.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have an FA question. How are the FA Butter and Gin flavors?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not mixed together though lol

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
(Pistacchio)

I wonder if it willl change much with steeping?

It does seem to be mellowing, in much the same way as Walnut does.

Woody note. Nevermind I dont think Ill be trying it. EVO Timber ruined anything "woody" for me

Do you like Walnut? I'd say that also has a bit of a woody edge to it, for the hull. I see that Timber is described as "dry tobaccos and hazelnut" - I really don't like Hazelnut (and a bad one would probably be even more nasty, to me), but I do like Walnut, and so far nothing repels me from Pistacchio.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Oooo. Mint sauce. Tell me more:)

She made it from scratch.. soaking spearmint, wintergreen and peppermint in her special alcohol mix..
white wine vinegar with rum (the golden) with cane sugar :p
you boil it low and slow..
you can use it after it's sat up for a few hours, but mom had a jar going for over a year..

to mimic it, all you need are your mints, maybe some brown sugar (flavoring!!) and your choice of alcohol.. :D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I see where you get your interest in n.e.t. it sounds really good.

Don't take me wrong.. last couple weeks, I am grateful for my flavor collection..
I have ruined 2 batches of my acid cigar.. and trying to not touch my gingers or others.. it's hard!! :confused:

Been thinking since I got that shisha.. if there is some kind of spice from the fa collection I have, to blend in with some sage and (sweet) basil.. could turn out cool with some liquid amber.. ;)

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a couple nets going. A burly that tastes way too ashy and a Virginia that i haven't tried yet. Really just because I've been way too lazy to strain and mix it.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm for some reason thinking about garlic flavor vape sounds appealing. Only thing i can think to mix with would be caramel though.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have a couple nets going. A burly that tastes way too ashy and a Virginia that i haven't tried yet. Really just because I've been way too lazy to strain and mix it.

You sure you are filtering and using low percentage on this? How's your coil looking afterward?

Hmm for some reason thinking about garlic flavor vape sounds appealing. Only thing i can think to mix with would be caramel though.

hmm tfa pizza or garlic bread with cheese.. garlic and honey.. oh let me stop!!! :p:D

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coils were fine. I'm drawing a blank on % right now. Think it was 5-7 range. Overall flavor wasn't bad but just kept having that lick an ashtray taste. Bleh. @Smoky Blue

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
hmm what type pipe tobacco? have you tried lower percentage?
and yeps.. yuck mouth!! o_O lol

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Brand wise Damfino. Picked up some pipe bakky from a local shop. It was my very firstest try. I will work on it more.
I grew up around gramps and his pipe, always loved the smell but I do remember him saying that the better it smelled the worse it tasted. I should grab some prince albert, that was his goto

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
It's ok.. you might have over done it too..
some tobaccos do good to soak for overnight to 3 days too..
play with it, you never know. you might turn up something even better than the flavors from online.. ;)

Reactions: Ace

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Coils were fine. I'm drawing a blank on % right now. Think it was 5-7 range. Overall flavor wasn't bad but just kept having that lick an ashtray taste. Bleh.

How did you filter? I just made my first NET yesterday, and it's great, except for the eventual ash tray and coil gunk. I used 12% though. I'm gonna try lower.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Syringe/cotton deal. It ended up looking cloudy but no noticeable solids.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
(Pistacchio)

It does seem to be mellowing, in much the same way as Walnut does.

Do you like Walnut? I'd say that also has a bit of a woody edge to it, for the hull. I see that Timber is described as "dry tobaccos and hazelnut" - I really don't like Hazelnut (and a bad one would probably be even more nasty, to me), but I do like Walnut, and so far nothing repels me from Pistacchio.
Haven't tried it yet. I have some, just haven't had the time

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sup guys, I'm pretty new to vaping and I mainly joined this form for this thread (I've been lurking for a while) and I guess I'll start with posting the only recipe I got right so far:
strawberry 2% (can also be substituted with bilberry)
cream fresh 1%
vanilla burbon 1%
I think you can probably guess what it tastes like.

zolt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Ace they sure are. I actually read through the whole thread at The Forum That Shall Not Be Named and the whole thread here and I can only hope I ever get as good at this as they are.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Ace they sure are. I actually read through the whole thread at The Forum That Shall Not Be Named and the whole thread here and I can only hope I ever get as good at this as they are.
Thats A LOT of reading! The beauty of VU is you can say it! You wont be censored here and you can post whatever you want without fear. Hell, you can even direct link to ECF, try and do that from there to here...

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
<------ Gets Fogger V4.1 in mail today...5 minutes later breaks glass. :( Anyone know a good place to get a replacement?

On a good note, ordered a bunch of stuff from bull city including VT nic today!
ebay or use the pmma section from the aqua

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
<------ Gets Fogger V4.1 in mail today...5 minutes later breaks glass. :( Anyone know a good place to get a replacement?

On a good note, ordered a bunch of stuff from bull city including VT nic today!

Frog In Fog? I saw them there today. Comes from Hong Kong though.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How about dipping your drip tip in a little plate of salt...while vaping margarita flavor :D

I eat salsa and chips often. Also add salt on top of the chips. Afterwards when I go to vape the salt mutes any of the flavors I vape. Which is usually energy drink or ry4.

vaping one day at a time

bcollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of salt, does anyone who uses saline notice muted flavor or enhanced flavor?
I ran out a good while ago and have been using vg cut with DW and Everclear. I can honestly say I can tell the difference in taste and sinus/throat dryness. My wife and son can attest to this as well, although all they vape is a Cowboy baccy.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't use it anymore now I use VT nic - no reason, just got lazy. The VT is so good I guess I didn't feel the need. I used it really to combat dryness with high PG, but I'm probably just used to that by now.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of salt, does anyone who uses saline notice muted flavor or enhanced flavor?
I ran out a good while ago and have been using vg cut with DW and Everclear. I can honestly say I can tell the difference in taste and sinus/throat dryness. My wife and son can attest to this as well, although all they vape is a Cowboy baccy.

So... you think saline is muting your flavors? I mix my VG base up ~240ml at a time, my most recent mix I decided to skip the saline to see if I notice any difference. I have not noticed* any difference in flavor, for the most part I've only mixed FA tobaccos. I have noticed; more dry mouth/sinuses, throat seems a little sore at times, and cleaner coils. I think I will likely go back to using saline at ~4% in my VG base, the cleaner coils are nice but this winter when the weather dries out saline is a must for me.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just vaped an old mix I had made with WL nic and saline. I've been vaping VT nic recently, and suddenly I'm tasting the salt in this mix - weird! It's been sitting around for a while. It's not unpleasant, I'm just aware that there's saline in this mix. And it doesn't mute the flavor at all.

bcollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree downIn, not using it has meant cleaner coils but the sinuses are definitely more dry.
I'm not saying saline mutes flavors I think it enhances ever so slightly.

VU Sponsors