havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
fa watermelon is super good.
I have had some trouble liking flavors on sub ohms. I know you run pretty low also. whats your average flavor range ? it seems like anything over 2% total flavoring is to much. 2.5% is really pushing the limit. just curious, haven't tried watermelon that low yet , you should post back what you think when you mix some up.
Will do.

The last few days the white tic tacs was starting to taste weak so upped the peppermint another 1% tonight and BAM, better than ever.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I almost have all these. No Energy Drink though or sweetner...

I'm liking the strawberry, lemon, lime, raspberry combo so might work on this with TFA and FA hybrid. Is your recipe one of the esoteric Mountain Dews that have come out over the last couple decades?

:D it's my flipped version of one of the Baja's @havok333 ;)

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seriously LOL. I am married to a man that suffers BAAADDDDD!!!!!!! acid reflux. I can relate.
One odd thing a coworker told me about to help with heartburn...

Glass of grapefruit juice each morning.

Makes no sense that it would work but been having a glass each morning for three years now and it's about 90% effective.

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Makes no sense that it would work but been having a glass each morning for three years now and it's about 90% effective.

I think that would kill me! LOL!

TFA Banana Nut Bread gives me bad heartburn when fresh...after a day or two its not as bad. I love it but can't vape it that often...even as an ingredient in a mix.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I read organic ACV helps as well

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So are we all waiting for her to finish reading what she missed? Rocket, you done yet? (that was my best countrified accent)

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Only made 15 ml, so when it runs out I'll probably try with FA watermelon. Had not used Tfa or FA watermelon til tonight.
I just made this with 2% kiwi and 3% fa watermelon. Its really good, even with my stinky old WL nic...lol! I am going to have to get vt nic when bull city gets it....when is that again?

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
fa watermelon is super good.
I have had some trouble liking flavors on sub ohms. I know you run pretty low also. whats your average flavor range ? it seems like anything over 2% total flavoring is to much. 2.5% is really pushing the limit. just curious, haven't tried watermelon that low yet , you should post back what you think when you mix some up.
I only vape using rdas at about .5ohms. Unfortunately, some flavors (mostly fruits) require a lot in order for me to taste them. Peach, for example, was tasteless until 7%. Even at that strength, it was not strong enough for my liking. I wish I had taste buds like the rest of you. I envy everyone that can mix low and still get full flavor.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lucid, how long since you quit smoking? If you posted this, I apologize for my memory :rolleyes:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I only vape using rdas at about .5ohms. Unfortunately, some flavors (mostly fruits) require a lot in order for me to taste them. Peach, for example, was tasteless until 7%. Even at that strength, it was not strong enough for my liking. I wish I had taste buds like the rest of you. I envy everyone that can mix low and still get full flavor.
man thats crazy , for me especially fruits I cant use more than .5% of any of them or its just to much and the flavors do not taste right. I have to go real low to get smooth flavors. Im pretty close to you my sweet spot is at .3 ohms......... thats for FA and inawera.... for capellas, TFA and FW I can still do normal percentages. inawera actually taste better at sub ohms I think but FA seems for a lack of better words a very delicate flavor. its still good at low ohms just less is more........ thats just me tho.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Huckle, I "quit" smoking and started vaping in December of 2012. I used quotations because I have cheated since then, but it has been months since I've had a cig. I think I am so used to store bought juices, that everything I mix is very underwhelming to me. My mixes taste flat, and incomplete.

Wllmc, .5 is too much for you? How did you adjust for sub-ohms? I mix all my fruits at 1% and move up. 1% is usually too weak for me. I start tasting them a bit more at 2-3%, but they aren't as flavorful as I'd like. Sometimes going up to 6-7% isn't a noticeable difference in strength for me. The only thing I can think of as the problem is A: I need to let these steep to develop or B: The base Im using is muting my flavor (Essential Depot) On another note, I just got my INW flavors from ECX yesterday. Made a mistake mixing them at 3% as suggested on their site, and they were very perfumey/floral.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ah. I do wonder if the Essential Depot is the problem? I've seen several people posting similar issues lately. Whose nic do you use? I was going to throw out the possibility of being a recent former smoker, but I see that's not the case. Such a bummer... as HIC once said to me, "you deserve to taste these flavors!" Something along those lines... I do wish you the best.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just made this with 2% kiwi and 3% fa watermelon. Its really good, even with my stinky old WL nic...lol! I am going to have to get vt nic when bull city gets it....when is that again?
Those sound like good numbers, will def. try it out this weekend in all FA.

I have WL nic too that I just opened last night. 100 mg at that, so it will last me a very long time.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Wllmc, .5 is too much for you? How did you adjust for sub-ohms? I mix all my fruits at 1% and move up. 1% is usually too weak for me. I start tasting them a bit more at 2-3%, but they aren't as flavorful as I'd like. Sometimes going up to 6-7% isn't a noticeable difference in strength for me. The only thing I can think of as the problem is A: I need to let these steep to develop or B: The base Im using is muting my flavor (Essential Depot) On another note, I just got my INW flavors from ECX yesterday. Made a mistake mixing them at 3% as suggested on their site, and they were very perfumey/floral.
.5 seems just right to me on most. I havent gone through all the flavors, Ive been on a tasting binge with all brands right now to see what I like in sub ohms. for FA just regular mixing I like 1-2% in general on most flavors. some a lot less. but for me personally for flavor art and sub ohms most everything so far has tasted the best and smoothest around .5 or it seems they all get this real sharp taste. I havent been able to get past 1.5% on anything and I didnt like it. I guess I just need to mix some up at 3% and see what happens. for inawera I didnt like any of them really before better than I like FA flavors. so far the ones I have tried are good around my average inawera percents .5% to 1.5% but tastier sub ohm. the TFA I have tried are all over the place like TFA in general lol. and the capellas are good in the normal 10-15% that i use on them standalone. ...... might be that PG/VG....... what nic are you using ?

here is what I made last night and they came out almost perfect..... for me anyways, I know this is the FA thread but its for science lol

first sample 10PG/90VG

.5% inawera banana
.5% FA coconut
.5% FA vienna cream
.5 FA vanilla classic

2nd sample 10PG/90VG

.5% inawera strawberry
1% inawera banana

3rd sample 15PG/85VG

15% capellas vanilla custard

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im using vapers tek nic. I know the nic isn't the problem because I make small testers at 0 nic. Where are you guys getting your vg/pg from? I think I need a new supplier, a place that sells in bulk. Price doesn't matter as long as it doesnt cost an arm and leg. I want the best quality vg/pg possible. I really do think that is what's holding me back right now. Thank you Huckled, I believe we all deserve to taste them as well! Wonder if anyone in here is using essential depot?
Wllmc, I did not get the INW Banana. Not a big fan of banana, and I already have FA. How does it compare? I have the sb/wild sb though. I haven't tried the regular sb yet but I can tell you that 3% on the wild is way too high!

EDIT: another reason why I think my base is the problem is: A lot of you mixers can go with 1-2% and get full flavor. If I mix at 1%, I get a slight hint of the flavor, but I can also taste the vg/pg.

Last edited:

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Should have it going out to customers Monday I believe.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
.5 seems just right to me on most. I havent gone through all the flavors, Ive been on a tasting binge with all brands right now to see what I like in sub ohms. for FA just regular mixing I like 1-2% in general on most flavors. some a lot less. but for me personally for flavor art and sub ohms most everything so far has tasted the best and smoothest around .5 or it seems they all get this real sharp taste. I havent been able to get past 1.5% on anything and I didnt like it. I guess I just need to mix some up at 3% and see what happens. for inawera I didnt like any of them really before better than I like FA flavors. so far the ones I have tried are good around my average inawera percents .5% to 1.5% but tastier sub ohm. the TFA I have tried are all over the place like TFA in general lol. and the capellas are good in the normal 10-15% that i use on them standalone. ...... might be that PG/VG....... what nic are you using ?

here is what I made last night and they came out almost perfect..... for me anyways, I know this is the FA thread but its for science lol

first sample 10PG/90VG

.5% inawera banana
.5% FA coconut
.5% FA vienna cream
.5 FA vanilla classic

2nd sample 10PG/90VG

.5% inawera strawberry
1% inawera banana

3rd sample 15PG/85VG

15% capellas vanilla custard
How's that inw banana compare to fa banana?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Im using vapers tek nic. I know the nic isn't the problem because I make small testers at 0 nic. Where are you guys getting your vg/pg from? I think I need a new supplier, a place that sells in bulk. Price doesn't matter as long as it doesnt cost an arm and leg. I want the best quality vg/pg possible. I really do think that is what's holding me back right now. Thank you Huckled, I believe we all deserve to taste them as well! Wonder if anyone in here is using essential depot?
Wllmc, I did not get the INW Banana. Not a big fan of banana, and I already have FA. How does it compare? I have the sb/wild sb though. I haven't tried the regular sb yet but I can tell you that 3% on the wild is way too high!
both the
EDIT: another reason why I think my base is the problem is: A lot of you mixers can go with 1-2% and get full flavor. If I mix at 1%, I get a slight hint of the flavor, but I can also taste the vg/pg.
I havent tried VT pg and VG so I cant compare those but I like the bull city pg and vg better than the others I have tried. inawera banana and FA banana are 2 totally different flavors. FA is a more natural banana and inawera is straight banana runts. my buddy really likes that one so thats why I was playing with that one but my favorite is the FA. like huck said I have recently heard not so positive things about essential depot, maybe something changed or had a bad batch but long story short bull city has the best in my opinion and of coarse the VT nic is awesome.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I use Essential Depot - it seems fine to me, and the price is very good for a gallon of each (less than $60 for both, shipped).

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I havent tried VT pg and VG so I cant compare those but I like the bull city pg and vg better than the others I have tried. inawera banana and FA banana are 2 totally different flavors. FA is a more natural banana and inawera is straight banana runts. my buddy really likes that one so thats why I was playing with that one but my favorite is the FA. like huck said I have recently heard not so positive things about essential depot, maybe something changed or had a bad batch but long story short bull city has the best in my opinion and of coarse the VT nic is awesome.
That's exactly the answer I'm looking for! Everytime I ask this, I get the same answer saying that their base is fine. Im assuming you meant that you havent tried ED pg and vg. I have a question for you. When you switched to bull city's pg/vg, did you notice a better quality in your juices? Like a better feel or more flavorful with the same recipes?

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's exactly the answer I'm looking for! Everytime I ask this, I get the same answer saying that their base is fine. Im assuming you meant that you havent tried ED pg and vg. I have a question for you. When you switched to bull city's pg/vg, did you notice a better quality in your juices? Like a better feel or more flavorful with the same recipes?
I think essential depot vg is messing up my mixes too. When I first noticed it I compared it to the WL VG I had left by putting some on my finger and tasting and smelling both. The ED VG had a stronger scent and the taste was sweeter. The warmth the VG gives you when tasting was also stronger with th ED. Maybe it was in my head?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For some reason I thought torrone had walnut. Dont know why... but I do like torrone more than marzipan...

Maybe because I've written so often about adding walnut + mandarin to torrone: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-mandarin-nut-torrone-orange-nut-nougat-candy.1825/

I think of Marzipan as the bitter-almond in Amaretto. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-amaretto-disoranno.1848/ In fact, one of FA's resellers lists the flavor as Bitter Almond and the regular one as Sweet Almond.

I use Marzipan and Torrone so differently that I don't think of them as similar. But they are both almond-y Italian candy with honey. I can't stand real torrone or marzipan at ALL. Honey and nuts, ew - but great to vape!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I've been using Bullcityvapor's VG for about 2 months without itching. Others I've used have all resulted in horribly itchy rashes - usually after a month or so of use (I have no idea why). Fingers crossed, I have one I can continue using now. If not, I can cycle back through the others.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I noticed a smaller difference than say switching from WL to VT nic but there is a difference. I had fresh unopened pg and vg from bull city and WL, at first wiff I thought WL was perfectly fine until I opened the bull city, bull city pg and vg and completely odorless and tasteless, not even the bottle had a smell. the WL smelled like nail polish remover. I contacted WL and they sent me another bottle. opened it up and same thing . nail polish remover. it was like when I compared VT nic to their nic I had. I thought the other nic was perfectly fine until I did a side by side comparison.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
man thats crazy , for me especially fruits I cant use more than .5% of any of them or its just to much and the flavors do not taste right.

Can you just dilute your recipes for subohming, or do you have to change the ratios of individual flavors in a recipe? Or maybe you're subohming only with single flavors?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I noticed a smaller difference than say switching from WL to VT nic but there is a difference. I had fresh unopened pg and vg from bull city and WL, at first wiff I thought WL was perfectly fine until I opened the bull city, bull city pg and vg and completely odorless and tasteless, not even the bottle had a smell.

^^^ Yeah, that! My WL VG wasn't like nail polish remover, though. Mine just smelled vaguely chemical-y by comparison. Never noticed it until I literally did the side-by-side comparison. PG has always smelled bad to me, but I no longer use any PG.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Can you just dilute your recipes for subohming, or do you have to change the ratios of individual flavors in a recipe? Or maybe you're subohming only with single flavors?
I just add base to my already mixed stuff I have and its fine. for mixed stuff I stay in the 2-5% range so adding half base gets me around 2% . going to mess around this afternoon with some more mixes where I use 5 or 6+ flavors and see what happens. seems like most sub ohmers are still using more flavoring than I do.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
hey @luciddreamer I did notice a better " feel" when I switched to rayon cellucotton from sally's. rayon is up for debate among a lot of vapers because its " man made" . I am not sure everyone understand most flavoring is man made also tho lol. but try some rayon, it made my best mixes even better. smoother, cleaner, and creamier,

Vangrl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm so behind on this thread...do I read the multitude of pages or skip? Aargh, my brain won't let me skip.

haha me too, i was away for about 3 days and came home to 200 new posts. I have to go through them all to take notes. Taking so many little trips this summer does not bode well for a lot of DIY experimenting, but I have become a Tic-Tac addict as well, I'm also LOVING White peach and Fuji Apple on their own, and Cookie with Coconut or Lemon Sicily is fantastic! Unfortunately the Bilberry & watermelon didn't work for me, but I'm going to try it again with the Vaperstek that I just got, and see how that goes.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
headed out to wedding with the Mrs. maybe there will be an awesome cake there or something for inspiration :) party time ! have a good morning club FA !

I've been using Bullcityvapor's VG for about 2 months without itching. Others I've used have all resulted in horribly itchy rashes - usually after a month or so of use (I have no idea why). Fingers crossed, I have one I can continue using now. If not, I can cycle back through the others.

Out of curiosity mostly, I did a "little" research on VG. It's made using vegetable oils. Primarily soy, palm and coconut. Unfortunately, most suppliers don't let you know which of these oils their VG is made from. If someone has an allergy to any of these, it could cause problems.

I recently switched to RTS Vapes VG because it's made from coconuts. I did this not because I was having any problems with the Essential Depot VG, but because I believe that coconut oil is much healthier than any other oils that might be used to make VG.

I discovered the benefits of coconut oil about a year ago (it's one of the healthiest thing you can eat) and have gone through about 6 gallons so far. (Most of that used in my home made granola.)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
they both have that almond nut in it.. right?? :p

Maybe because I've written so often about adding walnut + mandarin to torrone: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-mandarin-nut-torrone-orange-nut-nougat-candy.1825/

I think of Marzipan as the bitter-almond in Amaretto. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-amaretto-disoranno.1848/ In fact, one of FA's resellers lists the flavor as Bitter Almond and the regular one as Sweet Almond.

I use Marzipan and Torrone so differently that I don't think of them as similar. But they are both almond-y Italian candy with honey. I can't stand real torrone or marzipan at ALL. Honey and nuts, ew - but great to vape!
Thanks you to you both! I made up one of Jason's mixes yesterday, it's the first time I've tried the Marzipan. It's not as strong/sweet as the Torrone. Torrone is like Marzipan on steroids, lol.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks you to you both! I made up one of Jason's mixes yesterday, it's the first time I've tried the Marzipan. It's not as strong/sweet as the Torrone. Torrone is like Marzipan on steroids, lol.

I need to play more.. soon!! :D
re arranging my flavor area today..

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think essential depot vg is messing up my mixes too. When I first noticed it I compared it to the WL VG I had left by putting some on my finger and tasting and smelling both. The ED VG had a stronger scent and the taste was sweeter. The warmth the VG gives you when tasting was also stronger with th ED. Maybe it was in my head?
I dont think so. I also noticed the ED vg gave a really warm vape, which I did not care for. Yeah it is super sweet, but I thought that was normal.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey @luciddreamer I did notice a better " feel" when I switched to rayon cellucotton from sally's. rayon is up for debate among a lot of vapers because its " man made" . I am not sure everyone understand most flavoring is man made also tho lol. but try some rayon, it made my best mixes even better. smoother, cleaner, and creamier,
Wllmc, I have Rayon. I like it better than organic cotton, but the difference to me is so small it could be a placebo effect going on in my head. I have literally tried everything, except switching out my base.

Vangrl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh ya this VapersTek is good! I'm just vaping it plain and it definitely tastes way cleaner than the other 2 brands that I have.

Best part, it has a throat hit at 12mg, I was really worried that I'd sacrifice t.h with cleaner nic. It doesn't have as quite as much t.h as the other 2 brands but it's totally acceptable.

Big thumbs up from me!

Last edited:

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all! Does anyone know how the VT nic compares to Nude Nicotine? One thing I love about NN is that I can order it premixed with both PG and VG and just add flavor (because I'm lazy that way :D).

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah. I do wonder if the Essential Depot is the problem? I've seen several people posting similar issues lately. Whose nic do you use? I was going to throw out the possibility of being a recent former smoker, but I see that's not the case. Such a bummer... as HIC once said to me, "you deserve to taste these flavors!" Something along those lines... I do wish you the best.

What is the problem with the PG/VG that's come from essential depot?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I honestly don't know, Claire. I know that doesn't help you. It just seems that I read a lot of people posting lately that they're switching to different vendors and that their mixes are tasting better. I remember someone saying that things were tasting off, that they'd never had an issue with ED's pg or vg, but then suddenly things weren't right. After switching vendors, things got better.

If you're not experiencing any issues with how your mixes have been, then no worries. We're kinda trying to break things down and pull 'em apart, to see what's not working so well for LucidDreamer.

VU Sponsors