Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm mixing a blackberry-brandy cream pie, finding that I need more Blackberry than would seem logical. I have 2% in here, though just 1% standalone struck me as stronger. I'm using lots of other flavors, not sure if one or or a combo is counteracting blackberry.

Sometimes mixing flavors is like a rock/paper/scissors game.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use TFA energy drink is ADV. in a vision clearo. easy for me nothing to tinker with. have tried raspebrry sweet in it, blueberry, mango but for me the flavors I keep going back to as an additive to Energy drink is watermelon & kiwi mixed. Have also added a couple of drop of AP to a 15ml bottle of Energy drink --- was good!

If you drink monster drink & vape demon energy from MBV at the same time - the drink mutes the vape flavor they are so close to same
That combo of kiwi and watermelon sounds like a winner all by itself! Gonna try that out when I get back tonight, and thank you for the idea.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey @wllmc - rum-meister - got a favorite pina colada recipe that bob might like? (since he likes a vendor's pina colada and has pineapple, rum, & coconut - doesn't like/taste 'em standalone, but maybe in a recipe?)

Bob - did you say you're using a dripper? If so, can someone tell us (me) what kind of percent changes are best for that? Go lower, go higher, or no change needed?
Gonna add my own thought. If I kinda like a flavor in a dripper, I really enjoy it in a mini protank. If I can't detect much flavor in a dripper, I must sample it in a tank to form an opinion. Maybe it's the dripper, maybe it's me, but my best results with it have been with tobaccos. I've gone back, recently, to sampling with my mini protank. Good question, HIC.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey @wllmc - rum-meister - got a favorite pina colada recipe that bob might like? (since he likes a vendor's pina colada and has pineapple, rum, & coconut - doesn't like/taste 'em standalone, but maybe in a recipe?)

Bob - did you say you're using a dripper? If so, can someone tell us (me) what kind of percent changes are best for that? Go lower, go higher, or no change needed?
Depends on the dripper. But for mine, I don't change percentage at all really only nic level is what I change if I'm dripping

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My 6 month anniversary was yesterday and I didn't figure it out until now. I'm with Claire, I would have called for the guys in white coats if someone had told me I was going to stop smoking. Think I'm still in shock, lol. And now I have all these flavors! Thanks. all, for the support and help!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My 6 month anniversary was yesterday and I didn't figure it out until now. I'm with Claire, I would have called for the guys in white coats if someone had told me I was going to stop smoking. Think I'm still in shock, lol. And now I have all these flavors! Thanks. all, for the support and help!
Congrats!

You guys did very well to get into DIY early on. I struggled with sub par vendor juice my first couple years.!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I struggled with sub par vendor juice my first couple years.!

I would have either gone broke trying vendor liquids or resumed smoking if I hadn't started DIY.

I recently got a couple 'premium' vendor liquids out of curiosity. I've read such raves about them, and they were on sale. One is basically a mocha, the other a fruit. I can tell which coffee flavoring they used in the mocha, and it's a real horror show. The fruit one was better, but I can't figure out why such an easy-to-make flavor is that popular. Both struck me as massively overflavored and clogged my coils in short order. I guess you could say I wasn't too impressed. Those sure wouldn't have kept me away from cigs.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
10% ripe strawberry
10% lemonde
2% energy drink
1% Raspberry Sweet
2% Sweetener

tpa, but sure you could flip this to fa :D:p

Ive done raspberry, sweetner & Energy drink - might have to add a splash of strawberry. Lemonade is not for me - even a drop. I eat many lemons - but can't vape citrus

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That combo of kiwi and watermelon sounds like a winner all by itself! Gonna try that out when I get back tonight, and thank you for the idea.

Enjoy the FA kiwi is good! I did 8% TFA watermellon & 1% kiwi. Next time I'll do 1.5 or 2% kiwi. Its a keeper for me

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ive done raspberry, sweetner & Energy drink - might have to add a splash of strawberry. Lemonade is not for me - even a drop. I eat many lemons - but can't vape citrus

what do you get when you do vape it, curious?? :D

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wow .. doesn't seem like you've been with us that long
CONGRAT'S Time fly's at my age ..so glad your here to stay :p
Hugs Hugs Hugs

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I got vape mail:). Can't wait to play when I get home. Didn't even get to open it yet.
Btw, you know you're a vaper when you see you phone auto correct FROM cape TO vape. Lmao.

LOL at the auto-correct! So what interesting new flavors didja get? I grabbed a few TFA flavors recently - they seemed less concentrated than the other TFA flavors I use.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd never heard of heartburn from vaping, but now I've heard that twice this week.

A friends mother mentioned heartburn from vaping. I thought she was just being goofy at first till I heard more people mention it.

vaping one day at a time

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Citrus vapes give me heart burn.
holy freakin cow !!!!!!!!!!! no way !!!!!!!! I asked hic in a private message about heartburn and vaping. evry time I vape fa pineapple i get heartburn. i get it all the time but I put it all together the other day, I was actually having a good heart burn free day and started vaping a pineapple mix. after a couple hours it was so bad I had to change wicks and flavor. Im sorry for your pain but now I know I am not crazy either.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd never heard of heartburn from vaping, but now I've heard that twice this week.
I get heartburn from chain vaping sometimes. Usually fruits but I've been more prone to heartburn in the last year anyway and I've only vaped since late December so I keep more antacids around.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
10% ripe strawberry
10% lemonde
2% energy drink
1% Raspberry Sweet
2% Sweetener

tpa, but sure you could flip this to fa :D:p
I almost have all these. No Energy Drink though or sweetner...

I'm liking the strawberry, lemon, lime, raspberry combo so might work on this with TFA and FA hybrid. Is your recipe one of the esoteric Mountain Dews that have come out over the last couple decades?

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would have either gone broke trying vendor liquids or resumed smoking if I hadn't started DIY.

I recently got a couple 'premium' vendor liquids out of curiosity. I've read such raves about them, and they were on sale. One is basically a mocha, the other a fruit. I can tell which coffee flavoring they used in the mocha, and it's a real horror show. The fruit one was better, but I can't figure out why such an easy-to-make flavor is that popular. Both struck me as massively overflavored and clogged my coils in short order. I guess you could say I wasn't too impressed. Those sure wouldn't have kept me away from cigs.
I know what you mean by the over flavored vendor stuff. It feels heavy to vape, if that makes sense. I find that the smaller flavoring ratio recipes like you so generously post provide a much more smooth vape, and won't gunk a coil near as fast.

For example, I put close to 150 ml of white tic tacs through one of my coils over the last couple weeks. Replaced the cotton tonight and dry burned the coil, but the cotton looked pristine and the coils only had a slight layer of crud that instantly singed away.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Enjoy the FA kiwi is good! I did 8% TFA watermellon & 1% kiwi. Next time I'll do 1.5 or 2% kiwi. Its a keeper for me
OMG, I can't believe how good the kiwi/watermelon tastes. I went 2% on FA kiwi and 6% on the TFA watermelon and just love it! I can see why this was a keeper! It tastes exactly how I had imagined it sitting at work earlier today.

Thanks again for sharing.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
This topic has no bearing on You being crazy or not.
hahahaha

OMG, I can't believe how good the kiwi/watermelon tastes. I went 2% on FA kiwi and 6% on the TFA watermelon and just love it! I can see why this was a keeper! It tastes exactly how I had imagined it sitting at work earlier today.

you make it sound so good I have to try this

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only get heartburn when Im awake and sometimes when I am asleep. but thats it.
True story! Although I have more acid reflux, I can sometimes feel the pain in my throat, it's fucking horrible!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Wishing I liked watermelon... I like the idea of watermelon, I feel like I don't taste what everyone else does, but I really dislike it, a lot.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Everyone always talks about real tasting fruits, where's the love for a grape jolly rancher flavor?

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Havok, you are tic-tac vape machine, man!
Had to mix more tonight and went up to 3.5% on the peppermint. Liking the extra kick, and went down to 1.5% on nic. This recipe is so smooth I can't help but chain vape the bejesus out of it.

Wife says the vapor trail is only vanilla, so makes the house smell good too!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hahahaha

you make it sound so good I have to try this
Only made 15 ml, so when it runs out I'll probably try with FA watermelon. Had not used TFA or FA watermelon til tonight.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm vaping wintergreen on a coil permanently flavored with Inawera Wera Gardens Orange. I get tired of plain wintergreen and like the added hint of orange. Anyway, while researching wintergreen I found that bubblegum flavor is a combination of wintergreen, vanilla, and cassia cinnamon (and in England, orange) - all artificial flavors, balanced so that no single one is distinguishable. So of course I added Vanilla Classic to my wintergreen-hint-of-orange. Power of suggestion, maybe - this does remind me of those rock-hard pink chunks with comic-book wrappers, though with extra wintergreen. I'm not in the mood to add cinnamon to a tank I'm enjoying, but of course I'll try that eventually.

It also said Dentyne is the just cinnamon plus wintergreen, which I can believe.

Could be fun to play with. (TFA's Wintergreen has no custard ingredients, and I don't think FW's does, either - both just methyl salicylate, no real other way to make the flavor.)

Interestingly, one discussion I read led to mention of butyric acid (some of us were discussing this with regards to Capella's 'v2' flavors) and detecting that smell in human vomit. For the bored or curious: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/310965-Bubblegum

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why would it have B12? Weird. But then, TFA's Mt Dew (Citrus Punch) has vitamin E.
Kiwi-dragonfruit, huh? I hope you'll post here with your experiments and results - someone else here is working with Kiwi, too.
It turned out great using:
Dragon fruit 3%
Kiwi 3%
Passion fruit 3%
Mad fruit 1.5%
It tastes better than the original which cost $15

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Well, you knew I couldn't resist for long. Yes I added a little cinnamon. Indeed there is a bubble gum in here. My proportions aren't right, but the bubble gum flavor is recognizable. WEIRD! I used a little too much cinnamon, so it's like a hunk of bubble gum with Dentyne. Fun stuff.

Hey - FDA always mentions this flavor as being the 'kiddie lure' into e-cigs. Wintergreen, vanilla, cinnamon, hint of orange. They probably don't know it's a combination of flavors in their breath mints.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Only made 15 ml, so when it runs out I'll probably try with FA watermelon. Had not used TFA or FA watermelon til tonight.
fa watermelon is super good.
I have had some trouble liking flavors on sub ohms. I know you run pretty low also. whats your average flavor range ? it seems like anything over 2% total flavoring is to much. 2.5% is really pushing the limit. just curious, haven't tried watermelon that low yet , you should post back what you think when you mix some up.

VU Sponsors