FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
At Cedar Point bitches!
:p Oh yeah?! Well I was at an old gold and silver mine. The 'roller coasters' there no longer operate, though. :)

But my summer projects have piled up, and I'm gonna have to power off electricity for a big one. So I'll have a few days with no easy computer access, but I'll start tomorrow...or Monday. lol!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey all! Does anyone know how the VT nic compares to Nude Nicotine? One thing I love about NN is that I can order it premixed with both PG and VG and just add flavor (because I'm lazy that way :D).

@downInTn is one who switched from NN to VT.

Someone here recently got nic from VT, and had it made to something other than 100mg. Kevin at VT is a great guy - if you need something special, ask if he can do it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I dont think so. I also noticed the ED vg gave a really warm vape, which I did not care for. Yeah it is super sweet, but I thought that was normal.

I have noticed, (for self extractions like lemon grass, peppermints, teas, etc..) if you take the vg that is muting and distorting normal flavorings.. and use that for your base, add anywhere from 10% to 25% either vodka, ever clear, or 151 "white" rum..
it works a lot better and the alcohol tends to loosen the vg, and lower the sweetness.. so you guys might want to save that ED vg for that..
then just pick up some other company and see how that might work out.

just remember, you will need to heat that "base" to remove the alcohol.. around 130-150 degrees from anywhere around 30min to 8 hours, depending on what you are aiming for..

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I honestly don't know, Claire. I know that doesn't help you. It just seems that I read a lot of people posting lately that they're switching to different vendors and that their mixes are tasting better. I remember someone saying that things were tasting off, that they'd never had an issue with ED's pg or vg, but then suddenly things weren't right. After switching vendors, things got better.

If you're not experiencing any issues with how your mixes have been, then no worries. We're kinda trying to break things down and pull 'em apart, to see what's not working so well for LucidDreamer.

Thanks for reply on that. I've been using ED for quite a while. WL prior to that. Just recently got a few gals of each from ED but not sure I'm noticing any diff.

Also bought 16oz bottles of PG/VG from bulk apothecary. That just came in. Plan to vape that just plain and see how that is. Will probably order from them in bulk their VG is much cheaper as well as pg vs ED .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Claire, please update us when you give it a try. Smoky, I use distilled water (10%) I have heard that alcohol may bring out more flavor, but I dont want any of the extra throat hit it provides. Just to clarify, I dont think there is anything wrong with my Essential Depot base. I just believe that there are better quality bases out there that will allow me to use less flavoring.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Lucid.. it's a bit different when you get into extracting herbals, tobaccos etc..
it was just a suggestion ;) if one does try it, I suggested to remove the alcohol by heat.. is all.
there is a thread around here with my projects..

some do use distilled water in ejuice.. nothing wrong with it.. I just like mine thick..

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using Bullcityvapor's VG for about 2 months without itching. Others I've used have all resulted in horribly itchy rashes - usually after a month or so of use (I have no idea why). Fingers crossed, I have one I can continue using now. If not, I can cycle back through the others.
Itchy rash, eh? With out getting too personal, could you explain a bit more. I have what looks like hives? Maybe not as big, starting on my chest since I've started DIY. Not itchy like say, poison ivy, but it is itchy. I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause...

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ewww. I have v2 vanilla custard on the way. Hope it doesn't have vomit smell. :-(

vaping one day at a time
I think you will like it , I have never smelled vomit from it before lol

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, HIC and downInTn! I haven't had any issues with NN, but all this talk of VT nic makes me wonder what I'm missing.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you will like it , I have never smelled vomit from it before lol

Cool. I been getting smaller sizes from HDV but just ordered a larger size from capella and went with the v2 instead of original.

Its an important ingredient in my creme brulee. ;-)

vaping one day at a time

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Cool. I been getting smaller sizes from HDV but just ordered a larger size from capella and went with the v2 instead of original.

Its an important ingredient in my creme brulee. ;-)

vaping one day at a time
yum you know you have to share now lol...... next time try ecigexpress I dont order alot from them anymore but I do order large capellas sizes. 120ml is like 12 dollars and some change.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
plus from my personal experience so capella fans dont throw rocks at me but the shipping time and customer service from capellas direct is lacking. might just be my luck with them guys but I like to buy their stuff from other places. either way he gets my money lol. I'll still always buy it.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
plus from my personal experience so capella fans dont throw rocks at me but the shipping time and customer service from capellas direct is lacking. might just be my luck with them guys but I like to buy their stuff from other places. either way he gets my money lol. I'll still always buy it.

If their customer service is not up to par then it is a good thing they have a good product. I guess it doesn't matter where you buy it as long as you are buying. I have never bought anything from them direct but thanks for the heads up. I hate waiting too....

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Itchy rash, eh? With out getting too personal, could you explain a bit more. I have what looks like hives? Maybe not as big, starting on my chest since I've started DIY. Not itchy like say, poison ivy, but it is itchy. I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause...

Chest was the worst, but it spread to my sides, up my neck a little, inside my elbows. Maddeningly itchy, red (maybe from scratching), tiny bumps. Switching to other VG cleared it up - but within a few weeks, it reappeared. Switching back to original VG cleared it up briefly, then it reappeared. Etc. - very frustrating. My current VG is from Bullcityvapor, and I've used it without problems almost 2 months.

Before I switched to max VG, I was using at least 50% PG, and didn't have the rash/itch. (But PG makes my tinnitus worse. Max VG fixes that, as long as I stay under about 5% PG-based flavoring.) As long as Bullcityvaper VG keeps working for me, I'll be able to hear clearly AND be itch-free. :)

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Chest was the worst, but it spread to my sides, up my neck a little, inside my elbows. Maddeningly itchy, red (maybe from scratching), tiny bumps. Switching to other VG cleared it up - but within a few weeks, it reappeared. Switching back to original VG cleared it up briefly, then it reappeared. Etc. - very frustrating. My current VG is from Bullcityvapor, and I've used it without problems almost 2 months.

Before I switched to max VG, I was using at least 50% PG, and didn't have the rash/itch. (But PG makes my tinnitus worse. Max VG fixes that, as long as I stay under about 5% PG-based flavoring.) As long as Bullcityvaper VG keeps working for me, I'll be able to hear clearly AND be itch-free. :)
I just grabbed up one BC VG last night. Wonder if it'll help me hear better when the wife asks me to go do something?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Mine almost looks like acne, but not acne going up neck/shoulders from chest. I use BC VG, maybe I'll try another option. I don't use pg much if at all except for flavoring, and really don't want to go back to 50/50

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yum you know you have to share now lol...... next time try ecigexpress I dont order alot from them anymore but I do order large capellas sizes. 120ml is like 12 dollars and some change.

here's my version of creme brulee

Vanilla Custard - CAP - 3%
Caramel original - TFA - 3%
Sweet Cream - TFA 2%
Dulce - MBV - 2% (its what I had I'm sure other brands are just the same/ fine)
Brown Sugar - TFA 2%

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Sweet Cream - TFA 2%
Brown Sugar - TFA 2%
Going to mix this up with some v2. Whats recommended steep time?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Sweet Cream - TFA 2%
Brown Sugar - TFA 2%
looks good. Ill have to switch out the dulce for the tfa version maybe the caramel also. Ill be trying this out. have you had the tfa dulce de leche ? I have never had MBV dulce. wonder what the difference is?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
looks good. Ill have to switch out the dulce for the tfa version maybe the caramel also. Ill be trying this out. have you had the tfa dulce de leche ? I have never had MBV dulce. wonder what the difference is?

i'd drop in half with the tfa dulce de lech..
it tends to take over everything, if used too heavy..

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Isnt MBV FW??

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA Pistaccio... I'm wondering if I dare vape it. It smells kinda.... unfriendly. Like, stronger than Hazelnut (which I don't like). Maybe I'll try it in an old CE4 or something, so I don't feel I have to clean up afterwards.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Going to mix this up with some v2. Whats recommended steep time?

I'm not much of a steeper. But I usually tell most people who vape my mixes by day 5 especially for desserts or tobacco. Shake a little each day.

I mix a ry4 with Bavarian and hazelnut. Day 1 it's ok. But a week later all flavors are blended.

Imo if it doesn't blend / taste right within a week it's not going to be any diff two weeks later.

Enjoy!

vaping one day at a time

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I never had the tfa. Plan to order it once the mbv was done.

Lmk how it works out for you?

vaping one day at a time

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FA Pistaccio... I'm wondering if I dare vape it. It smells kinda.... unfriendly. Like, stronger than Hazelnut (which I don't like). Maybe I'll try it in an old CE4 or something, so I don't feel I have to clean up afterwards.
I hope you share a review! I'm curious about this one. Especially since thy re-formulated it.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
cant remember who or where but they said the pistachio is pretty good

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I never had the tfa. Plan to order it once the mbv was done.

Lmk how it works out for you?

vaping one day at a time
tfa has custard notes but its delicious, goes awesome with caps custard

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well I guess its the opposite of malady but cleaner lungs, less headaches and I am more pleasant to be around than if I didnt have cigarettes. I can go longer without a vape than I could not smoke a cigarette. ..........

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haven't had FAs version yet, but TFA and FW kinda turned me away from it... had high hopes but got a sweet, almost fruity taste...

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not much of a steeper. But I usually tell most people who vape my mixes by day 5 especially for desserts or tobacco. Shake a little each day.

I mix a ry4 with Bavarian and hazelnut. Day 1 it's ok. But a week later all flavors are blended.

Imo if it doesn't blend / taste right within a week it's not going to be any diff two weeks later.

Enjoy!

vaping one day at a time
Custard and tobaccos are really my only "steepers".I like custards day 1 but magic happens about 2 weeks later.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well I guess its the opposite of malady but cleaner lungs, less headaches and I am more pleasant to be around than if I didnt have cigarettes. I can go longer without a vape than I could not smoke a cigarette. ..........
I cant write off the headaches completely, sometimes I need to learn to just put the mod down! I was shocked last week I realized I left my mod in the house before I left the driveway, said screw it too far now, lol, and was out about 2 1/2 hours, no problem.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
(about Pistachio)

Haven't had FAs version yet, but TFA and FW kinda turned me away from it... had high hopes but got a sweet, almost fruity taste...

TFA's is the flavor of that green pistachio ice cream. I never tried FW's.

FA's is pistachio nuts, raw or lightly toasted. Of course, no salt (dang!) - so it's not a bag of those roasted/salted/oiled/brilliant pink things. Hermit, it doesn't seem strong to me at all - not like Hazelnut.

I think FA Pistachio is the one for nutty tobaccos or chopped nuts on top of a recipe; TFA is green ice cream. I don't think you could get either one to taste close to the other brand, no matter how much stuff you added.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
(about Pistachio)

TFA's is the flavor of that green pistachio ice cream. I never tried FW's.

FA's is pistachio nuts, raw or lightly toasted. Of course, no salt (dang!) - so it's not a bag of those roasted/salted/oiled/brilliant pink things. Hermit, it doesn't seem strong to me at all - not like Hazelnut.

I think FA Pistachio is the one for nutty tobaccos or chopped nuts on top of a recipe; TFA is green ice cream. I don't think you could get either one to taste close to the other brand, no matter how much stuff you added.
Yeah I could see TFA going as more of that flavor. I guess I was expecting more like FAs version from it. FW is similar to TFA more "fruity" tasting to me. We need salt flavor!
PS. Im still getting a peanut butter flavor from nut mix... Maybe pistachio would be better, but I'm beginning to think thats just how I taste "nut" flavors....

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes on all those fronts! No morning hacks or nighttime wheezing either. I'm amazed I can go hours without a vape and allow others to continue living. Has worked out well since I have to sit through so many long-ass meetings at work these days.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I just finished making 2 flops. However, other half likes them hmm there is no accounting for taste. I just called one of them Hodge Podge, the other one has no name yet. Will have to try them after some steep time as they are cream based maybe they will improve with age. Thank god I didn't write it all down in the end so cant duplicate them. I think that my problem is going with drops and not mls. Some droppers have larger drops than others and I don't know how many drops are supposed to be in a ml. It really seemed very weak in flavor doing the drops. My calculator is set at 20 gtts/ml. Its probably not right. I was trying to make a Strawberry Banana smoothie.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I think that my problem is going with drops and not mls. Some droppers have larger drops than others and I don't know how many drops are supposed to be in a ml.

You can have the best of both worlds. Just test out a few of your droppers to see how many drops they produce with 1 ml. I have lots of flavorings in bottles that make 33-ish drops/ml. That makes it easy: 1 drop per ml of base=3% flavoring; 1 drop per 2ml of base=2%, etc.
One syringe I use a lot makes 50 drops per ml. That's also excellent and makes for easy measuring.

You really can mix very accurately using drops of flavoring IF you calibrate your droppers like that.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK, FA P. isn't Hazelnut strong, but I'd say it's quite strong. There is an element to it that catches the nose, a woody note. I mixed a tester at 1%. More brown than green... if that makes any sense! It would work much better as a swap for Walnut than it would for Almond, for example. I haven't tried TFA's or FW's to compare.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
OK, FA P. isn't Hazelnut strong, but I'd say it's quite strong. There is an element to it that catches the nose, a woody note. I mixed a tester at 1%. More brown than green... if that makes any sense! It would work much better as a swap for Walnut than it would for Almond, for example. I haven't tried TFA's or FW's to compare.

Now this is really rare. I don't remember the last time anyone found a flavor stronger than I do. I'm sure I put more than 1% in a cherry-pistachio biscotti recipe, and I ended up adding more. 'Woody' is a good description, btw.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now this is really rare. I don't remember the last time anyone found a flavor stronger than I do. I'm sure I put more than 1% in a cherry-pistachio biscotti recipe, and I ended up adding more. 'Woody' is a good description, btw.

Don't you have the pre-reformulated version though? Can't think why they would've made it stronger, but it's possible.

1% seems as strong as I'd go standalone, and I use probably more flavouring you would on many things! It's almost a passable 'tobacco' vape by itself at that (considering how many 'tobacco' vapes are nothing like, lol). I wonder if it willl change much with steeping?

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can have the best of both worlds. Just test out a few of your droppers to see how many drops they produce with 1 ml. I have lots of flavorings in bottles that make 33-ish drops/ml. That makes it easy: 1 drop per ml of base=3% flavoring; 1 drop per 2ml of base=2%, etc.
One syringe I use a lot makes 50 drops per ml. That's also excellent and makes for easy measuring.

You really can mix very accurately using drops of flavoring IF you calibrate your droppers like that.
First thing I did with my 6ml bottle from Bull City (I have A LOT of those bottles) was fill with pg and count how many in a ml. 35 was my count. Drops are great for experimenting

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Woody note. Nevermind I dont think Ill be trying it. EVO Timber ruined anything "woody" for me

VU Sponsors