Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have to agree, I like the Waffle House. Scattered, smothered, covered, chunked, topped, and diced. Thats just from memory and I haven't eaten there in ages.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA Strawberry...

What say you all? TFA Strawberry tastes like PEZ, which is good when you want PEZ, but not when you want strawberry. Is FA like their other stuff... more "real" tasting?

Speaking of "tasting". I hate when restaurant folks ask, "how is your food tasting?". I'm always thinking, "unless my food has a tongue, I have no idea."
FA strawberry is very authentic and true to the fruit IMO. Mixed 50/50 with Lemon Sicily which is great, but my fave is a recipe from Bryon (where's he been BTW?). Don't have recipe handy now but is something like this:

FA strawberry - 4%
FA pomegranate - 3%
FA black cherry - 1%

Been on this recipe over a week now as my away from home Vale, then use HIC's White Tic Tacs as a change up once I get home in the evenings. I think Bryon called it Blood Pom!

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Been playing around with the Bit-O-Honey recipe today.

AP 4%
EM 3%
Honey 3%
Hazelnut 3%
Almond 1%

I like my juice pretty strong compared to a lot of you. The EM really boosts the honey but kills the AP. Curious what some steeping would do to it. Honey is tasting a bit too fresh still and nuttiness could still be a bit darker. Suggestions?

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
here's how I mix my chai tea.

TFA - Chai Tea - 9%
TFA Sweet Cream 1%
TFA vanilla Swirl 2%

Have added 1% more of each vanilla & sweet cream. While it was good - I like a little more of the flavor from the chai.

edit: I also usually use about 3% distilled water in all my mixes

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Been playing around with the Bit-O-Honey recipe today....nuttiness could still be a bit darker. Suggestions?

Marzipan instead of Hazelnut. The real candy has no hazelnut, but it has all the ingredients of marzipan. It'll also eliminate the need for EM (it's very sweet).

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank God for Forest Fruit Mix!!! I'm one of the few that thinks Bilberry tastes bad, unvapeable even. But this forest mix is fantastic!! Did a berries and cream. YUM!

2.5% Forest Fruit + 1.5% Fresh Cream = Wow yummies!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
here's how I mix my chai tea.

TFA - Chai Tea - 9%
TFA Sweet Cream 1%
TFA vanilla Swirl 2%

Have added 1% more of each vanilla & sweet cream. While it was good - I like a little more of the flavor from the chai.

edit: I also usually use about 3% distilled water in all my mixes
I use DW sometimes. For me it's more about how much flavoring I need to use. For example, if I have 10% flavoring I add no DW, but if I have 2% flavoring, I'll will add 1% or 2% DW. My tanks like the viscosity to be consistent. :)

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
crickets, crickets, crickets....(toad croaks)...crickets....

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Marzipan instead of Hazelnut. The real candy has no hazelnut, but it has all the ingredients of marzipan. It'll also eliminate the need for EM (it's very sweet).
I will have to order some. The candy book I got has 3 different marzipan recipes and suggestions for alterations. They sound yummy.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Anyone else try FA Blackberry and find that it actually should have been labeled FA Dryer Sheets V2?

It's really, really, really (really!) strong.

In my flavor notes for Blackberry, I wrote, "I think this flavoring would taste floral if used much over 1%." I'm happy with it 0.25-0.5% with some Fresh Cream (at least) added. I'd say it's 3-4 times the strength of Forest Mix (for comparison, I use Forest Mix at 2% easily).

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank God for Forest Fruit Mix!!! I'm one of the few that thinks Bilberry tastes bad, unvapeable even. But this forest mix is fantastic!! Did a berries and cream. YUM!

2.5% Forest Fruit + 1.5% Fresh Cream = Wow yummies!
Sounds like a great idea. Still haven't opened my vial of Forest Fruit and can't remember the grand plan I had for it!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
forest friut is very good.
It's so good that I just mixed 30ml. BUT instead of taking 1ml of VT nic and putting it into my mix, I took 1ml of my mix and added it to my VT nic!!! FUCK!!! That's what I get for not labeling the bottle. The other 3 (30ml) are in the freezer labeled. And there is another 120ml to follow that...Live and learn. That's apparently my motto lately.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
TFA - Chai Tea - 9%
TFA Sweet Cream 1%
TFA vanilla Swirl 2%

I just picked up that Chai flavor from Bullcity, along with a few other odds-n-ends to make the most of the shipping charge. The balance of spices in there just doesn't suit me, in the same way their Pumpkin Spice seems like the wrong flavors or proportions to me.

FA does a great job of single spice flavors, though I wish they had nutmeg. The spices in my vanilla chai latte are about to get kicked up a notch with some Black Pepper. :D I have a stuffy head; maybe that'll clear me up.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just picked up that Chai flavor from Bullcity, along with a few other odds-n-ends to make the most of the shipping charge. The balance of spices in there just doesn't suit me, in the same way their Pumpkin Spice seems like the wrong flavors or proportions to me.

FA does a great job of single spice flavors, though I wish they had nutmeg. The spices in my vanilla chai latte are about to get kicked up a notch with some Black Pepper. :D I have a stuffy head; maybe that'll clear me up.
Let me know your notes on the Black Pepper. I have a black pepper melon cantaloupe in the queue.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's so good that I just mixed 30ml. BUT instead of taking 1ml of VT nic and putting it into my mix, I took 1ml of my mix and added it to my VT nic!!! FUCK!!! That's what I get for not labeling the bottle. The other 3 (30ml) are in the freezer labeled. And there is another 120ml to follow that...Live and learn. That's apparently my motto lately.
LOL, that's gonna happen to me one of these days too since I won't take time to label stuff. I just remember the bottle placements.

I keep 120 ml bottle of 3% nic, and an identical 120 ml bottle of pure VG. Pretty sure I've mixed no nic juice before already.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
BUT instead of taking 1ml of VT nic and putting it into my mix, I took 1ml of my mix and added it to my VT nic!!!

Oh, no! So now you need lots of ideas for how to use Forest Mix flavored nic base, which would be veryvery light berry flavoring (after you add your VG/PG), right? Don't panic! You like the flavor, and we can all brainstorm 'hint of berry' ideas for you.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL, that's gonna happen to me one of these days too since I won't take time to label stuff. I just remember the bottle placements.

I keep 120 ml bottle of 3% nic, and an identical 120 ml bottle of pure VG. Pretty sure I've mixed no nic juice before already.
I've been DIY for almost a year. Never had this happen. VT is super clear and looked EXACTLY like my mix!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, no! So now you need lots of ideas for how to use Forest Mix flavored nic base, which would be veryvery light berry flavoring (after you add your VG/PG), right? Don't panic! You like the flavor, and we can all brainstorm 'hint of berry' ideas for you.
I was thinking the same thing. Old WL for some. VT Hint o' berry for some. and clean VT for some. I'll make it work :). Let me know your ideas! :) LOL

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I was thinking the same thing. Old WL for some. VT Hint o' berry for some. and clean VT for some. I'll make it work :). Let me know your ideas! :) LOL

Like Amanda said, it would go with just about anything fruity.
A hint of berry isn't out of place in tobacco, either mingling with dark tobacco, or adding interest to light tobacco.
If you vape Licorice, you'd probably not taste the berry at all. Tiramisu would also cover it up. Espresso probably would.
Anything you mix with Brandy would work just fine with a little berry in it.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

This. I wish I liked it.

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I really want to like pumpkin spice, I just cant get it to work. My other half is in love with Zeus Juice's pumpkin pie, wish I could replicate it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
My other half is in love with Zeus Juice's pumpkin pie, wish I could replicate it.

Have you tried it? If so, do you actually taste the pumpkin, or is it just the cinn+clove+nutmeg we expect in pumpkin pie (along with the creamy stuff and crust)?

Because TFA Pumpkin is even worse to work with than their Pumpkin Spice. Every time I add even the slightest amount of Pumpkin to any recipe, it turns into pure nastiness, like eating a jack-o-lantern. Nobody else I know of makes a pumpkin flavor....so if it you taste real pumpkin in there, Zeus must have found a way to make that @#$% work. Pumpkin Spice is useless - mix your own using the ratios from your favorite pie recipe (FA for most spices; TFA Holiday Spice for nutmeg, NF Ginger is awesome...) I swear some day I'll make a pumpkin pie vape I actually like!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup. I have a few ideas for it. Lucky I really like the flavor!!!
I just mixed about 35ml of FF as single flavor at 3.5% and it is really good! Might try adding Lemon Sicily to it tomorrow but will hit this the rest of tonight.

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried it? If so, do you actually taste the pumpkin, or is it just the cinn+clove+nutmeg we expect in pumpkin pie (along with the creamy stuff and crust)?

Because TFA Pumpkin is even worse to work with than their Pumpkin Spice. Every time I add even the slightest amount of Pumpkin to any recipe, it turns into pure nastiness, like eating a jack-o-lantern. Nobody else I know of makes a pumpkin flavor....so if it you taste real pumpkin in there, Zeus must have found a way to make that @#$% work. Pumpkin Spice is useless - mix your own using the ratios from your favorite pie recipe (FA for most spices; TFA Holiday Spice for nutmeg, NF Ginger is awesome...) I swear some day I'll make a pumpkin pie vape I actually like!

Yes, and its pretty good. I would say its a sweet, somewhat creamy mix that tends to be more on the taste of the filling. I do not get crust really.
I have tried the TFA pumpkin spice, and cannot get it to work either, its too rough and not proportioned right. I have about 30ml of the Zues Juice version left. I'd be willing to send you some if you wanna sample it yourself. I have tried with TFA pumpkin as well....disaster. You're probably my only hope for deciphering it lol.

It does tend to be more on the spice side of the profile, but to me, its proportioned correctly.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Capella makes a Pumpkin Pie (Spice), although I've never tried it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey tobacco vapers... When I think of 7 Leaves, first thing in my mind is anise.
Capella makes a Pumpkin Pie (Spice), although I've never tried it.

Oh, I can do the spices easily using individual flavors. It's the pumpkin part that crosses my eyes. I've avoided trying the verboten chemicals, because I'd like to think there's some other way...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It just sounded like it was a Pumpkin Pie "with" Spice, but IDK.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
..speaking of spices, I'm still eyeballing my Black Pepper. It smells perfect for chai. I'm not in the mood to try it on melon. found this online:
"Pepper actually goes nicely with fruit. Freshly ground black pepper on strawberries really draws out their taste; and black peppercorns in stewed apples or pears cuts through all the sweetness, giving a real zing." hm.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My PV order finally shipped!! Only took 12 days for them to get it into the mail for me. Should be here next week. I hope this is not typical because I do like the idea of 3ml sample sizes but I don't like waiting over 2 weeks for an order.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
..speaking of spices, I'm still eyeballing my Black Pepper. It smells perfect for chai. I'm not in the mood to try it on melon. found this online:
"Pepper actually goes nicely with fruit. Freshly ground black pepper on strawberries really draws out their taste; and black peppercorns in stewed apples or pears cuts through all the sweetness, giving a real zing." hm.
I was wondering if I should dilute @ 10% before I start trying it in mixes.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I read that somewhere, too and still haven't tried it. I know @Hermit used it at 1% in a mix, but that was pretty potent for me. @Sully, I think you definitely can, but I'd try it first just to get an idea of how much to. It's definitely black pepper flavor! Really an interesting one.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I keep trying drops of Black Pepper right out of the bottle. I can tell this will stick on a coil for a while, and mine are all fresh right now... so I'll just keep nipping at the flavor bottle. I use heaps of pepper on my food - love all the exotic ones, freshly-ground. This flavoring is mm-good, not as overwhelming as I thought it might be. I'm gonna vape it standalone 2% for a first try, if I don't drink the bottle first, lol. I don't think normal people would like this all by itself as much as I do. I think Black Pepper + Anise will appeal to me.

hey - I just found (written) notes I made about Black Pepper last year. I must have another bottle here somewhere. Yay - one to vape, one to nip on. lol!

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1% Black Pepper gives a big 'zing' when freshly mixed, but mellows out quite a bit as it steeps. Even fresh, I don't think anyone would be revolted by it; they'd just think it would be better at 0.5%. Don't succumb to that until it's steeped a few days :D

It doesn't strike me as one which would stick on coils - I wouldn't know, because I've had a tank with it in since I got it! Could try vaping that through with some plain if anyone is desparate to know...

VU Sponsors