Become a Patron!

Garden time is coming

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
Have your outdoor temperatures dropped, Jimi? For many of us, they have. Do you find yourself looking for something to do indoors? This week’s newsletter is full of options!​
To quote Henry Rollins, “In Winter, I plot and plan. In Spring, I move.”

We have free summits, free guides, and low-priced courses—all good ways to fill your time learning while curled up in the warmth of your home. Grab a cup of hot chocolate and read this week’s newsletter to find the one—or more than one—that is right for you!​
Thank you for joining us on this garden journey. Together, we'll nurture the beauty of your garden and the well-being of your body and mind. 🌻

Happy Gardening!

🌱 Grow Your Own Vegetables Team 🌱

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In my part of the world, we are moving towards winter right now.
If you're also in the Northern Hemisphere, remember that winter doesn't have to mean you stop growing!
I LOVE this technique I learned from Peter Burke several years ago - “indoor salad gardening.” This trick enables you to grow sprouts year round!
Article: A Simple Way to Grow Fresh Greens Indoors (Even in the Winter!)
Do you have any favorite techniques for growing in the winter? A greenhouse, perhaps? Click "reply" and let me know how you're going to prepare your garden for the winter!

Greg Peterson
Your Urban Farmer

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

As the season winds down and the evenings grow cozy, many of us turn inward, dreaming of next year's potential. Top of mind? Planning for the coming seasons!

I know—envisioning your entire garden, homestead, or farm plan is a mammoth task. Overwhelming? Absolutely. But it doesn't have to be.

That's precisely why Seedtime is hosting a not-to-be-missed LIVE workshop. Watch as acclaimed growers such as Ben Hartman, Steven Cornett, and Nina Shirley craft an entire garden, homestead, and small farm plan from the ground up. This is your opportunity to glean wisdom from the best in the field!

Reserve your free spot in the workshop here

Here’s the details:

Title:
Watch How to Plan & Design an Entire Garden, Homestead, or Small-Farm from A-Z in Just 1 Hour!

When: November 7-9 at 7pm Central Time (5pm PST, 6pm MST, 8pm EST)

Speakers: Ben Hartman, Steven Cornett, Nina Shirley, and more…

Click to secure your free access to the workshop

This exclusive event goes beyond the basics, diving into the nitty-gritty of designing a thriving garden, homestead or farm. You'll witness a real-time creation of plans, including succession planting strategies for a bountiful, season-long harvest.

Plus, snag your complimentary Seedtime account to immediately start sketching out your own area using the expert tips you've just learned.

Ready to join us?

Claim your seat at the Seedtime Seed to Harvest Workshop now!

Let's make the coming year our most abundant yet!

Helping you thrive,

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How to Build Your Off-Grid Thermal Mass Greenhouse​

Install a thermal mass greenhouse system that can store daytime heat and release it at night to keep the temperature regulated 24/7.​

Indy Officinalis on Starting Seeds Indoors with Grow Lights​

Indy Officinalis talks starting seeds indoors with grow lights. She troubleshoots stunted seedlings, shares when to put light on germinated seeds, and more!​

Grow a Year-Round Indoor Salad Garden​

Growing lettuce indoors in winter — even year-round — is possible using Peter Burke’s unique indoor salad garden technique.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

256 Julie Olberding

Do you know what all goes into garlic growing?​

On this episode of the Thriving Farmer Podcast, Michael is joined by Julie Olberding of Rustic Roots Farm in Alexandria, Minnesota. Their farm balances natural resources with a blend of innovative techniques and traditional methods to produce the highest quality products for their customers. They specialize in hardneck garlic, maple syrup, asparagus and more using these natural and regenerative methods.

Tune in to hear about Julie’s award-winning garlic and her advice for new farmers.

In this episode, you’ll hear:

• How Julie and Chad got started in farming​
  • Why Rustic Roots choose garlic to start with​
  • How many varieties of garlic they grow​
  • About their fertility program​
  • What other enterprises and products their farm offers​
  • What Julie’s advice is for newer farmers​

About the Guest:

Julie Olberding and her family started Rustic Roots Farm near Alexandria, Minnesota. They are first generation farmers now entering their 5th year of farming. They raise specialty crops (hardneck garlic, maple syrup, asparagus and small square bales of hay) using natural, sustainable and regenerative methods.

They started Rustic Roots Farm to teach their kids the values of independence, hard work, self-reliance, perseverance and creative thinking and they are involved in the day-to-day operations of the farm. In 2022, their farm was honored to be selected as a featured grower at the Minnesota Garlic Festival.

Resources:

Website - https://rusticrootsfarm.eatfromfarms.com/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/rusticrootsfarmmn
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/rusticrootsfarmmn

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile

256 Julie Olberding

Do you know what all goes into garlic growing?​

On this episode of the Thriving Farmer Podcast, Michael is joined by Julie Olberding of Rustic Roots Farm in Alexandria, Minnesota. Their farm balances natural resources with a blend of innovative techniques and traditional methods to produce the highest quality products for their customers. They specialize in hardneck garlic, maple syrup, asparagus and more using these natural and regenerative methods.

Tune in to hear about Julie’s award-winning garlic and her advice for new farmers.

In this episode, you’ll hear:

• How Julie and Chad got started in farming​
  • Why Rustic Roots choose garlic to start with​
  • How many varieties of garlic they grow​
  • About their fertility program​
  • What other enterprises and products their farm offers​
  • What Julie’s advice is for newer farmers​

About the Guest:

Julie Olberding and her family started Rustic Roots Farm near Alexandria, Minnesota. They are first generation farmers now entering their 5th year of farming. They raise specialty crops (hardneck garlic, maple syrup, asparagus and small square bales of hay) using natural, sustainable and regenerative methods.

They started Rustic Roots Farm to teach their kids the values of independence, hard work, self-reliance, perseverance and creative thinking and they are involved in the day-to-day operations of the farm. In 2022, their farm was honored to be selected as a featured grower at the Minnesota Garlic Festival.

Resources:

Website - https://rusticrootsfarm.eatfromfarms.com/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/rusticrootsfarmmn
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/rusticrootsfarmmn
garlic growing hmmm italian chefs?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jimi, who in your family is in charge of first aid? Who keeps everyone well and knows what to do when someone gets sick? Is that you? Good—we’re emailed the right person! 😌

Beginning today, Grow Your Own Vegetable's friend and fellow gardener Kami McBride is teaching a free webinar about utilizing natural herbal oils as part of your home’s first aid. These herbal oils are ones that you can easily make in your own kitchen.

Kami McBride: Herbal Oils FREE Workshop

🌿 Access this free training webinar HERE 🌿

Herbal oils are a supreme place to start building or to keep building your home’s natural wellness toolkit because they are a simple home remedy that has everyday applications.

Don’t wait until you’re sick and then scramble to figure out what to use.

Begin building your natural remedies today in order to take care of yourself naturally.

With this inexpensive easy-to-use home remedy, you can transform your home wellness culture as well as how you and your loved ones approach self-care and sickness prevention.

Creating herbal oils is easy—and remember you can make them right in your very own kitchen!

Don’t miss out on this free training that begins today and includes herbal tips and tricks as well as little-known application techniques.

🌿 Click HERE to get your FREE access to Kami’s Training 🌿

Don’t miss out on this sup-herb webinar!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bunch of mushrooms.
mail
Watch Live
Cultivate Mushrooms at Home
Don’t miss a special Facebook live on November 16, 2023 as Erin Hamilton of The Mushroom Conservatory joins us to answer questions about cultivating mushrooms and shows us just how easy it is to grow these beneficial fungi right in your own home!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Explore Even More Online!​

Truffles on wooden surface with knife with play button superimposed.
mail
Podcast
Where to Find Truffles — and Why are They So Expensive?
In Episode 199 of Mother Earth News and Friends, William Padilla-Brown, founder and CEO of MycoSymbiotics, joins us to talk about truffle mushrooms and answer some frequently asked questions. Are truffles mushrooms? And why are truffles so expensive? Learn about where to find truffles, how to identify them, their benefits and potential, and how to use them.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
William Padilla-Brown leading a foraging walk in the forest.
mail
Video Library
Foraging Walk
Learn how to identify and harvest wild plants and mushrooms from Amyrose Foll and William Padilla-Brown in this video of the foraging walk at Presque Isle State Park during the 2023 Pennsylvania Mother Earth News Fairs. Gain foundational knowledge about wild foods and discover how foraging can fit into your life!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
We’re expanding, [First Name!]

Through your comments and suggestions, this week’s newsletter includes a new section—a Product Highlight! And we have even more planned for future editions such as making a garden recipe a regular section in the newsletter and adding some more fun sections. As we keep saying, this newsletter is for YOU so that means we want to hear from YOU about what YOU want to see! Reply to this email to let us know.

In addition to the new section, this week’s newsletter focuses on preparing for winter, taking care of your health, and keeping gardening FUN—just as it should be! Learn some DIY tips for making some fun handcrafted—AND NATURAL—holiday gifts this season.

Do you have a fun DIY project using the fruits of your garden labor?

Share it with us on our GYOV Community Facebook page!
Thank you for joining us on this garden journey. Together, we'll nurture the beauty of your garden and the well-being of your body and mind. 🌻

Happy Gardening!

If there is a topic that you would like to see in future newsletters, please let us know by replying to this email. This newsletter is for YOU and your gardening success!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you should be eatin it every day
Speaking of garlic, my mom used to have a recipe for garlic soup. It was quite good if you like garlic. Don't know if I will find it, but I think I need to look through her old recipes. If I do find it I'll be happy to share it with you if you are interested.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of garlic, my mom used to have a recipe for garlic soup. It was quite good if you like garlic. Don't know if I will find it, but I think I need to look through her old recipes. If I do find it I'll be happy to share it with you if you are interested.
I'd love to have that recipe,

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Join Janis, I and our guests this month as we talk Fruit Tree Pruning, Growing Grains and Worm Composting!

Tree Chat
"Fruit Tree Pruning with
Tom Spellman"
Nov 14
Click HERE

Seed Chat
"All About Grains... Yes you can grow them!"
Nov 21
Click HERE

Garden Chat
"Worm Composting the best thing to do with food scraps"
Nov 28
Click HERE

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
Improve Your Memory with Food! Brain Breakthrough Masterclass

Hi Jimi,

There’s no cure for Alzheimer’s disease — yet. But a recent study reveals four specific foods that can slash your risk of ever developing this deadly disease.

Researchers have discovered that these superfoods can help protect you from the permanent memory loss, confusion, cognitive decline, and personality changes that go with dementia. (One of our all-time favorite foods is on the list! Hint: 🫐)

As you know, we are a superfan of superfoods around here!

🧠 Get the latest neuroscience on Alzheimer’s prevention and peak brain performance with the Brain Breakthroughs Masterclass!

>>> Watch the brand new and totally free Brain Breakthroughs Masterclass here

P.S.
In one study, regular consumption of leafy green vegetables added 11 years of healthy brain function. Bring on the kale! 🥬 Another study showed that eating blueberries could add 2 ½ years of cognitive health. Yum! Want to know about the other two (coffee and tea, for the impatient and curious)? And 9 more brain health breakthroughs that could make a world of difference? Get it all right here.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

All Year Cold Frame: Getting Most From Your Garden​

Discover the best ways to utilize your all year cold frame to get the maximum benefit for your garden regardless of the season.​

How to Grow Winter Hoop House Crops​

Our daily hoop house tasks allow for harvesting abundant, healthy winter hoop house crops while avoiding hazardous nitrate accumulation in greens.​

Year-Round Salad Bar Using a Hoop House and Indoor Shelves​

Have a year-round salad bar when potted greens on a lighted shelving unit is paired with using a hoop house.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
Jimi, are you ready for another exciting edition of the Home Gardener’s Weekly? We’ve grown by another section this week. Check out our new “Just for Fun” section that features a fun quiz to see what mushroom type is your kindred spirit. 🍄 The Grow Your Vegetables Team took the quiz and will be sharing the results in our Facebook Group or tag us on Instagram @GrowYourOwnVegetablesOfficial. We hope you’ll share yours, too!

Whether wind, drought, or lack of space—we’ve got your garden covered this week with answers. Dear Arti provides some tips for dealing with drought conditions, our weekly Garden Tip talks about how to cope with too much wind in your garden, and our feature blog is all about growing microgreens in a small space. Microgreens may be small in size, but they pack a bunch of flavor! 🌱
And a special secret—watch your email this coming Tuesday for a BIG announcement about a fun addition to Grow Your Own Vegetables. It’s something that many of you have asked for. We’re excited about adding this and have had a lot of fun with it. Now, that’s all we can say for now. 🤐 Read out all about it in Tuesday’s email.

Happy Gardening!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
New USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map is now official. If I plug in my zip code it says I'm now in zone 9b. However, when I zoom the map the border between 9a and 9b is close to my house, but I'm still in 9a. I don't go by that anyway. I'm more focused on my first and last frost dates and how hot it gets in the summer. I actually wish the USDA modeled their maps on how they do it in Canada. The Canadian maps also factor in the growing season length and the high temps, not just the average low temps the USDA uses.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Jimi,

We’ve got some exciting news for our vegetable growers!

After taking a hiatus in 2023, our Thriving Farmer Summit series is back…with our next summit set for January. And the topic of the upcoming summit?

Growing + selling vegetables!

Vegetable Summit ADs Hero Square

The value of learning from the farm community​

Farming isn’t easy. But you should never feel like you’re going it alone, not when there are so many other farmers out there who have gone through the same struggles and breakthroughs.

I can’t emphasize the power of community enough, which is one of the many reasons we love holding farm summits. We host these summits so farmers can learn from each other and connect with each other. There is always something to learn from other people…so whether you’re a brand new farmer or a farming expert, you’ll come away from the summit with new knowledge and ideas to implement for yourself.

During our Thriving Farmer Vegetable Summit we’ll be hosting 20+ vegetable growers from around the country, all of whom are eager to share their experiences and knowledge with you. If you’re a vegetable farmer, this is one event you will not want to miss!

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

GE Soil Microbes Are New Targets for Agrichemical Companies​

GMOs%20don't%20belong%20in%20the%20soil.jpg

Biotech companies, including the largest agrichemical corporations—Bayer-Monsanto, Syngenta, and BASF—are developing genetically engineered (GE) microbes (bacteria, viruses and fungi) for use in agriculture. Millions of acres of U.S. farmland are already seeing the application of this technology. The release of live GE microbes in agriculture represents an unprecedented open-air genetic experiment.

So risky, so arrogant - knowing the many roles that microbes have played in the emergence of life and their huge importance everywhere, from our guts to all ecosystems. And we don’t yet understand a fraction of it! Yet, the technology keeps developing, in pursuit of the almighty dollar.

Where is the testing?

Where is the regulation?

These questions without good answers compelled us here at IRT to launch a new campaign that we are announcing today. And you can help.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Rising to the GMO 2.0 Challenge: Tame the Tech​

Protect Nature’s Gene Pool

ttt-logo-illo.jpg

Genetic engineering technology can rewrite the life code of anything with DNA. This brings an unprecedented threat of widespread corruption of nature’s gene pool.

Shockingly, in the U.S., gene-edited organisms can be created and released without safety checks and the current regulation does not cover GMOs created with GMO 2.0 technology.

That’s why IRT is taking the lead to force effective policies governing all of the new genomic techniques that we call GMO 2.0. While the tech can alter anything with DNA - including plants and animals in our food system - we are starting with the most dangerous organisms to alter and release: microbes.

These tiny organisms can rapidly cross borders and encircle the globe. Countries spend fortunes trying to remedy the introduction of invasive species, but once GE microbes are released, no policy can stop them.

We can’t back down now.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Expert Greenhouse Growing Tips​

Learn greenhouse growing tips from an expert. Make the best use of your backyard greenhouse with these growing techniques and strategies.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Making Inexpensive Row Covers with Low Tunnels​

Making inexpensive row covers and low tunnels for season extension and natural pest control can be easy and affordable.​

Greenhouse Chicken Coop: Fertilize with Chicken Manure in the Garden​

Use chicken manure in garden to boost crops' productivity, while also utilizing a greenhouse chicken coop to keep your flock secure and content.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How to Build a Greenhouse from Recycled Windows​

Learn how to build a greenhouse from recycled windows! Repurpose old glass windows and doors by assembling them into a beautiful greenhouse.​

Small Greenhouse Layout for Each Season​

Choosing a season-by-season small greenhouse layout extends the harvest. Our greenhouse planting schedule shows you how.​

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile

GE Soil Microbes Are New Targets for Agrichemical Companies​

GMOs%20don't%20belong%20in%20the%20soil.jpg't%20belong%20in%20the%20soil.jpg

Biotech companies, including the largest agrichemical corporations—Bayer-Monsanto, Syngenta, and BASF—are developing genetically engineered (GE) microbes (bacteria, viruses and fungi) for use in agriculture. Millions of acres of U.S. farmland are already seeing the application of this technology. The release of live GE microbes in agriculture represents an unprecedented open-air genetic experiment.

So risky, so arrogant - knowing the many roles that microbes have played in the emergence of life and their huge importance everywhere, from our guts to all ecosystems. And we don’t yet understand a fraction of it! Yet, the technology keeps developing, in pursuit of the almighty dollar.

Where is the testing?

Where is the regulation?

These questions without good answers compelled us here at IRT to launch a new campaign that we are announcing today. And you can help.
anything or any expert concerning health chases the dollar. people get talked into making themselves sick, if its not broke dont fix it if it is broke then sorry but it happens. pretty much everything in this world can and is making us sick so i keep getting told.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
pretty much everything in this world can and is making us sick so i keep getting told.

Not everything, but plenty, including deliberate things like barium salts and aluminum in the chemtrails, not to mention the mutilation of the genetic heritage of our plant foods, and now the soil microbes; not to mention the pharmaceutical so called medicines that do more harm than good; not to mention geo-engineering of weather.

Because they who live as parasites on our tax dollars approve these things, because they want us DEAD.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Making Inexpensive Row Covers with Low Tunnels​

Making inexpensive row covers and low tunnels for season extension and natural pest control can be easy and affordable.​

Greenhouse Chicken Coop: Fertilize with Chicken Manure in the Garden​

Use chicken manure in garden to boost crops' productivity, while also utilizing a greenhouse chicken coop to keep your flock secure and content.​

I bought some row covers. They are predicting a freeze this weekend which is a week early from my average first frost date. We had some temps in the 90s in October which delayed the lettuces I planted from germinating. They are finally coming up now and we are harvesting, but of course it decides to get cold early. Oh well, it's a learning experience.

On a positive note I bought a GreenStalk vertical planter on their Black Friday sale. A lot of the youtubers I watch really like it. It's a family run and owned business based in Tennessee. I plan on using it for a herb and salad garden close to the house.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought some row covers. They are predicting a freeze this weekend which is a week early from my average first frost date. We had some temps in the 90s in October which delayed the lettuces I planted from germinating. They are finally coming up now and we are harvesting, but of course it decides to get cold early. Oh well, it's a learning experience.

On a positive note I bought a GreenStalk vertical planter on their Black Friday sale. A lot of the youtubers I watch really like it. It's a family run and owned business based in Tennessee. I plan on using it for a herb and salad garden close to the house.

In your area you might be able to plant broccoli, kale, sprouts, califlower, and a few others will take a frost and keep on goin, kale and sprouts always taste sweeter when kissed by frost

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Early Black Friday Sales + Free Seeds with every order​
Early Black Friday Sales
Enjoy FREE shipping on all orders through Black Friday weekend!
Plus, get 2 FREE seed packets with every order.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Common Vegetable Garden Problems and How to Fix Them​

Too much water, unexpected color, funky roots, and no pollinators are good indicators your vegetable garden needs help.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How Understanding Soil Health Improves Garden Soil​

The process of building soil fertility when we look to improve garden soil is complex, but it needs to be your top priority when it comes to soil health.​

Cation Exchange Capacity: What is CEC in Soil?​

What is CEC in soil? Learn how you can improve your soil's cation exchange capacity to grow healthier, more nutrient-dense crops.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Improve Soil With Cover Crops for Gardens​

Working cover crops for gardens into your rotation schedule will help clean your garden's soil while fixing nutrients for better yields.​

Soil Testing and Analysis for Gardeners​

From simple DIY soil testing to more extensive soil analysis, a multitude of resources exist that will boost your vegetable garden’s bounty.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
November brings plenty of fowl weather, but never fear! Your discount code is FINALLY HERE!!

Enter the code below for 15% OFF your entire order:

PINETREE2023

**Discount code: PINETREE2023 is limited to one use per customer and one code per order. Discount cannot be combined, is not valid on gift cards, previous orders or orders outside of the US. Code expires 11/26/23 at 11:59 PM EST.**

*Please note: Our 2 or more live plant discount does not apply during Black Friday Sales due to technical limitations.*​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How to Grow Parsnips​

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How to Grow Parsnips​

LOL, I just posted in the cooking thread about mashed parsnips then I come here and find an article about parsnips. I truly don't think I'd ever eaten parsnips before today, I'd certainly never bought any. I wish I had a good place for a garden. One of the biggest drawbacks to renting in my opinion is that I can't plant a garden. If I could parsnips would be on my list for next year.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL, I just posted in the cooking thread about mashed parsnips then I come here and find an article about parsnips. I truly don't think I'd ever eaten parsnips before today, I'd certainly never bought any. I wish I had a good place for a garden. One of the biggest drawbacks to renting in my opinion is that I can't plant a garden. If I could parsnips would be on my list for next year.
I have had pretty good luck with parsnips, I am thinkin someone might be able to grow some in a 5 gallon bucket like a big flower pot. Just something about fresh garden grown foods that make them taste so much better.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Enter the code below for 15% OFF your entire order:

PINETREE2023

Hurry up and get growing - you've got stuffing to lose🦃

**Discount code: PINETREE2023 is limited to one use per customer and one code per order. Discount cannot be combined, is not valid on gift cards, previous orders or orders outside of the US. Code expires 11/26/23 at 11:59 PM EST**

*Please note: Our 2 or more live plant discount does not apply during Black Friday Sales due to technical limitations.*​

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
V8fEzVYrjHTSMVk88nNV9YJiIW09NTUz4QjzFJ6zuiR4qvRFJGxrnW3TmMdDws1eBWaOowVcFq913KDT-3bLdNUfjyvBxv9d_IgoEpmRHPKJ8_4Twfw=s0-d-e1-ft
Happy Day After Thanksgiving gopher!

🦃
We hope all our American gardeners had a great Thanksgiving day with friends and family…AND enjoyed lots of fresh veggies
🥦
🍠
🥕
with your Thanksgiving dinners!

Now we are on to the holiday season of shopping
🛍️
, togetherness
👨‍👩‍👧‍👦
, and planning for the new year
🗓️
. We are excited to help you with each of these over the coming weeks.

As many of you are aware, Grow Your Own Vegetables opened our very own branded merchandise online shop this past Tuesday. We’re excited and hope you love our designs as much as we do!
🥰

Don’t worry, though! The newsletter is not all about our new online shop.
📰
We still have our weekly gardening tip, Dear Arti’s gardening advice, and our free resource, which is a great one about growing microgreens.
🌱

We’ve also added our new Recipe section with a great recipe for Thanksgiving leftovers!
🍗
Thank you for joining us on this garden journey. Together, we'll nurture the beauty of your garden and the well-being of your body and mind.
🌻

Happy Gardening!

🌱
Grow Your Own Vegetables Team
🌱
If there is a topic that you would like to see in future newsletters, please let us know by replying to this email. This newsletter is for YOU and your gardening success!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The Health Benefits of Houseplants​

Adopting a healthier lifestyle can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be hard. Make use of the health benefits of houseplants to promote healthier living.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How to Clean Houseplants​

Learn how to clean houseplants to keep them looking bright and beautiful while still protecting them from mistreatment or accidental damage.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How to Repot Houseplants​

When a plant has outgrown its pot, it’s time to give it more space. Learn how to repot houseplants safely by following these simple steps.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection Naturally​

Learn how to get rid of a sinus infection naturally by bolstering your immune health and eliminating sinus pain by incorporating herbal remedies into your everyday routine for long-term relief.​

VU Sponsors