Become a Patron!

GOVERNMENT WATCH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's posts like this that make me want to give up vaping and go back to cigarettes. At least I'll die quicker and won't have to deal with this shit any more. Thank you.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :giggle:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's called the Federal Election Campaign Act.

LOL. That covers lots of laws. Which one specifically did you have in mind?

For instance,

Contribution of Services

Some foreign nationals who do not have green cards can nonetheless help a political campaign via voluntary non-monetary contribution of services. The Act provides that that the “volunteer” exemption applies as long as the foreign national performing the service is not compensated by anyone.

The “non-compensated” rule is very vague, and as a result, the Federal Election Commission has addressed its nuances in a couple of advisory opinions. In Advisory Opinion 1987-25, the Commission allowed a foreign national student to provide uncompensated volunteer services to a Presidential campaign. By contrast, the decision in Advisory Opinion 1981-51 prohibited a foreign national artist from donating his services in connection with fundraising for a Senate campaign. During the 2008 campaign, FEC ruled that Sir Elton John (a foreign national) organizing a $2.5 million fundraiser for Hillary Clinton’s campaign was “volunteer service.” The fact that the definition of what kind of service is allowed is vague, we would like to caution foreign nationals (who are not green card holders) to exercise great caution and to seek legal counsel before they get involved in the U.S. election process.

Maybe Jr thought the Russian born attorney was offering a service.

At any rate, the Hitlery campaign worked directly with Ukraine government to get dirt on the Trump Campaign. McCain and or Hitlery hired a British ex MI6 guy to dig up dirt on Trump and that was later sold or given to the Hitlery campaign. And, Australian students came to the US and worked on Hitlery's campaign. All illegal according to you.

But there will be no charges to anyone. To do so would be beyond stupid and here's why. What happens when information from foriegn sources is illegal? Well, then John Doe can go to Bangkok, get arrested for something and years later run for office without a care in the world because it will be illegal for a foreign National to share the information with his opponent. Of course, that's bit extreme of an example, but the premise is the same.

I don't know about you, but if a candidate has done some shady shit in another country, I want to know about it. Not make it illegal for it to be known.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL. That covers lots of laws. Which one specifically did you have in mind?

For instance,

Contribution of Services

Some foreign nationals who do not have green cards can nonetheless help a political campaign via voluntary non-monetary contribution of services. The Act provides that that the “volunteer” exemption applies as long as the foreign national performing the service is not compensated by anyone.

The “non-compensated” rule is very vague, and as a result, the Federal Election Commission has addressed its nuances in a couple of advisory opinions. In Advisory Opinion 1987-25, the Commission allowed a foreign national student to provide uncompensated volunteer services to a Presidential campaign. By contrast, the decision in Advisory Opinion 1981-51 prohibited a foreign national artist from donating his services in connection with fundraising for a Senate campaign. During the 2008 campaign, FEC ruled that Sir Elton John (a foreign national) organizing a $2.5 million fundraiser for Hillary Clinton’s campaign was “volunteer service.” The fact that the definition of what kind of service is allowed is vague, we would like to caution foreign nationals (who are not green card holders) to exercise great caution and to seek legal counsel before they get involved in the U.S. election process.

Maybe Jr thought the Russian born attorney was offering a service.

At any rate, the Hitlery campaign worked directly with Ukraine government to get dirt on the Trump Campaign. McCain and or Hitlery hired a British ex MI6 guy to dig up dirt on Trump and that was later sold or given to the Hitlery campaign. And, Australian students came to the US and worked on Hitlery's campaign. All illegal according to you.

But there will be no charges to anyone. To do so would be beyond stupid and here's why. What happens when information from foriegn sources is illegal? Well, then John Doe can go to Bangkok, get arrested for something and years later run for office without a care in the world because it will be illegal for a foreign National to share the information with his opponent. Of course, that's bit extreme of an example, but the premise is the same.

I don't know about you, but if a candidate has done some shady shit in another country, I want to know about it. Not make it illegal for it to be known.
No person shall knowingly solicit, accept or receive from a foreign national any contribution or donation," reads Title 11 in the Code of Federal Regulations, section 110.20 (g). A contribution can be "anything of value," including negative information about a political opponent.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No person shall knowingly solicit, accept or receive from a foreign national any contribution or donation," reads Title 11 in the Code of Federal Regulations, section 110.20 (g). A contribution can be "anything of value," including negative information about a political opponent.

Anything of value. Hahahahaha.

Is not ANY service to a campaign a "value" using your definition?

During the 2008 campaign, FEC ruled that Sir Elton John (a foreign national) organizing a $2.5 million fundraiser for Hillary Clinton’s campaign was “volunteer service.”

It appears to me, using your definition, Sir Elton John certainly contributed something of "value" for his service. The Ausies, working for Clinton, certainly provided a service of "value" ie, their labor. Certainly the campaign would have to pay to replace them.

I think your going to find that "value" has a different meaning than you think it does. Historically, "value" has always been monetary or in the form of "gifts". Never has "information" or "service" been considered an item of value as you describe it. If it does, as you now claim, both candidates will have "broken the law" and both Campaigns will be prosecuted. That isn't going to happen. And frankly, I'd laugh my ass off it the retarded Dims tried to prosecute Jr only to be prosecuted themselves for the direct "negative information" they got from the Ukraine government. They didn't just try to get information, they got information.

Last edited:

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anything of value. Hahahahaha.

Is not ANY service to a campaign a "value" using your definition?

During the 2008 campaign, FEC ruled that Sir Elton John (a foreign national) organizing a $2.5 million fundraiser for Hillary Clinton’s campaign was “volunteer service.”

It appears to me, using your definition, Sir Elton John certainly contributed something of "value" for his service. The Ausies, working for Clinton, certainly provided a service of "value" ie, their labor. Certainly the campaign would have to pay to replace them.

I think your going to find that "value" has a different meaning than you think it does. Historically, "value" has always been monetary or in the form of "gifts". Never has "information" or "service" been considered an item of value as you describe it. If it does, as you now claim, both candidates will have "broken the law" and both Campaigns will be prosecuted. That isn't going to happen. And frankly, I'd laugh my ass off it the retarded Dims tried to prosecute Jr only to be prosecuted themselves for the direct "negative information" they got from the Ukraine government. They didn't just try to get information, they got information.
Not my definition. It's law

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I still fail to see where any of the emails between 'little D' and the 'russians' breaks any laws....
Then again some people will always see pink elephants

Even after looking into it more.
As per the emails contents... Two people setting a up a meeting?
It happens daily in Craigslist

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still fail to see where any of the emails between 'little D' and the 'russians' breaks any laws....
Then again some people will always see pink elephants

Even after looking into it more.
As per the emails contents... Two people setting a up a meeting?
It happens daily in Craigslist

The offer was damaging information from a Russian official. Clear as day and the response clearly shows intent. Keep pretending. I find it more sad that anyone would make excuses for this than what actually happened.

Reactions: MV5

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Antiwar did a really good story on the whole Chump Jr fiasco. I suggest everyone check it out. I posted it a few pages back.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The offer was damaging information from a Russian official. Clear as day and the response clearly shows intent. Keep pretending. I find it more sad that anyone would make excuses for this than what actually happened.
I'm not making any excuse...
I'm saying that nothing illegal took place ... I'm more disturbed that people would look to interpret a law in such a way to incriminate a political position they don't agree with.

Welcome to the America of the past 20 years though.

Very sad indeed

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not making any excuse...
I'm saying that nothing illegal took place ... I'm more disturbed that people would look to interpret a law in such a way to incriminate a political position they don't agree with.

Welcome to the America of the past 20 years though.

Very sad indeed

Nice try but the law is the law. They did solicit damaging information from the Russians and admitted it. They then tried to claim they didn't get the information so it doesn't matter. This is false as well. Just soliciting it under the perception of its value is illegal. No different than attempted murder in regard to intent.

Anyone can feel free to ignore this and try to minimize it. The acts are on record and will only extend further to allegations against the campaign. I feel at this point if a Trump walked up and shot someone point blank and on camera, people would excuse and say it was justified. So sad.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice try but the law is the law. They did solicit damaging information from the Russians and admitted it. They then tried to claim they didn't get the information so it doesn't matter. This is false as well. Just soliciting it under the perception of its value is illegal. No different than attempted murder in regard to intent.

Anyone can feel free to ignore this and try to minimize it. The acts are on record and will only extend further to allegations against the campaign. I feel at this point if a Trump walked up and shot someone point blank and on camera, people would excuse and say it was justified. So sad.
Lol.... That's a lot of speculative talking points derived from very few publicly made facts.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, no disrespect but yes it is real and it's just the tip of the iceberg. The emails have been given to all appropriate authorities and it just keeps getting deeper and more suspect by the hour. I really don't see an escape from this.

The conversation of the emails leaves no doubt about intent. It also incriminates several others in the campaign. I just popped some popcorn.

I've got a $100 bill that says there will be NO impeachment.
You wanna put'cher money where yer mouth is??? ...I mean since you know the law 'n all. ;)

Crommie??? How 'bout you? You know everything... You wanna make a friendly hunna dolla prop bet?

I can see you fellas are running out of desperate false hopes to cling to.
Did you wanna make that bet... or just run yer jawbones? :)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You wanna put'cher money where yer mouth is??? ...I mean since you know the law 'n all. ;)

Crommie??? How 'bout you? You know everything... You wanna make a friendly hunna dolla prop bet?

If the
Congress and senate becomes blue
They will impeach
I'll bet you $500

I BAM

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wow. $100.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol.... That's a lot of speculative talking points derived from very few publicly made facts.

Coming from someone who stated they aren't keeping up with the events taking place. It was stated today that top Republicans are expecting Trump Jr to testify before the Senate. And it could be as early as next week.

So regardless of what you or I think, Congress is taking this quite serious.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Coming from someone who stated they aren't keeping up with the events taking place. It was stated today that top Republicans are expecting Trump Jr to testify before the Senate. And it could be as early as next week.

So regardless of what you or I think, Congress is taking this quite serious.
Not keeping up due to work, is a reason I'm looking for facts not opinions...
Not opinions of the media
Not opinions of a pundit, author, anchor person, friend, family... Or anyone

That why I wanted facts, transcripts, unedited first hand accounts. Speculative theory, sensationalism, information from someone with a motive and a person whose already decided their opinion are all useless pieces of information and things I won't take seriously.

If the Congress or Senate are taking it seriously... Than great, maybe in due course more factual information will come to the surface. Until than, it won't change anything, and nothing anyone does is going to really matter anyway.

Trump will still be president until 2020 when Rocky Johnson gets elected.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the best part...
Linky

Representative Brad Sherman (yes, of the Cali moonbat party) filed Articles of Impeachment yesterday.
Now, even the other Trump hating libs are distancing themselves from Sherman. :rolleyes:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here's the best part...
Linky

Representative Brad Sherman (yes, of the Cali moonbat party) filed Articles of Impeachment yesterday.
Now, even the other Trump hating libs are distancing themselves from Sherman. :rolleyes:

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not keeping up due to work, is a reason I'm looking for facts not opinions...
Not opinions of the media
Not opinions of a pundit, author, anchor person, friend, family... Or anyone

That why I wanted facts, transcripts, unedited first hand accounts. Speculative theory, sensationalism, information from someone with a motive and a person whose already decided their opinion are all useless pieces of information and things I won't take seriously.

If the Congress or Senate are taking it seriously... Than great, maybe in due course more factual information will come to the surface. Until than, it won't change anything, and nothing anyone does is going to really matter anyway.

Trump will still be president until 2020 when Rocky Johnson gets elected.

Whether Trump is still president is not important to me. What is important is that we prevent foreign government from infiltrating or influencing our government unchecked. If there is a crime here, I expect something to be done about it.

It seems people here only want to root for their team. I am rooting for America.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Whether Trump is still president is not important to me. What is important is that we prevent foreign government from infiltrating or influencing our government unchecked. If there is a crime here, I expect something to be done about it.

It seems people here only want to root for their team. I am rooting for America.
The government has been infiltrated by ideals foreign to it's founding since the new deal.
What difference does it make.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It makes a difference if we make it make a difference. Complacency is the worst option.

I also learned long ago to never bet on politics.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's not what I'm reading from you...
You've shown repeatedly that you are clearly on the Trump hater team.
You quote unproven accusations you get from garbage sources as fact.
Those are in a word... lies... which is the liberal way. ... which is contrary to America.

I am always amazed when you wide left guys picture yourselves
as politically objective when you're really part of the lynch mob.:confused:

I've gotta say... reading the last few pages of this hysteria, you guys gots ONE level-headed dude in here...
Props to Firebird for true (and well phrased) objectivity and cohesive thought.

And it is exactly as he said... show me the proof.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's not what I'm reading from you...
You've shown repeatedly that you are clearly on the Trump hater team.
You quote unproven accusations you get from garbage sources as fact.
Those are in a word... lies... which is the liberal way. ... which is contrary to America.
I am always amazed at how you wide left guys picture yourselves
as politically objective when you're really part of the lynch mob.

I've gotta say... reading the last few pages of this hysteria, you guys gots ONE level-headed dude in here...
Props to Firebird for true (and well phrased) objectivity and cohesive thought.

And it is exactly as he said... show me the proof.
That is your opinion. I am not a Trump fan but I do support true Republican ideals. The problem with being a party liner is you believe all the lies. Whether they make sense or not. Don't fall into the party liner trap. It is the reason our government is so dysfunctional. I wish the best of both parties would organize and create a true American party.

So show me where I have quoted an unproven accusation or promoted garbage sources. Trump Jr himself has already admitted to the meeting and to why he attended it. These facts are indisputable. How they get interpreted by law remains to be seen. I am not the one offering a bet over this.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So show me where I have quoted an unproven accusation or promoted garbage sources.
Number one with a bullet: This is hysteria.
What is important is that we prevent foreign government from infiltrating or influencing our government unchecked.

This one is 8 kinds of hogwash.
They did solicit damaging information from the Russians and admitted it......
Just soliciting it under the perception of its value is illegal. No different than attempted murder in regard to intent.

But the most telling thing is you are advocating hiding the truth... (Lying)
You're free with your legal opinions yet have no qualifications... other than listening to
Paul Ryan & Schumer...

No disrespect but you simply don't know what you're talking about.

THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST HEARING THE TRUTH.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Number one with a bullet: This is hysteria.

This one is 8 kinds of hogwash.

But the most telling thing is you are advocating hiding the truth... (Lying)
You're free with your legal opinions yet have no qualifications... other than listening to
Paul Ryan & Schumer...

No disrespect but you simply don't know what you're talking about.

THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST HEARING THE TRUTH.
Clearly you can't read and listen to an admittance of guilt. The only chance of escape for Trump Jr is legal wrangling and/or favors. He did it by his own admission.

The only hogwash here is your arrogance toward anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Hysteria is something with no logic and pure emotion. Clearly you don't understand the difference. Our government is being attacked daily by foreign governments, including Russia. Standing by idly and saying it's ok because it happens is just plain stupid.

By your measure any conviction could be construed as hysteria.

Just because you don't like something doesn't make it fake, wrong or any other deniabilty you want to attach to it. It is what it is.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

So you would put Jr in jail ? Or should I say as you read the law Trump Jr should be in prison ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will leave that up to the investigators. But attempting to obtain information regarding a US election from a foreign nation is a violation of law. Obtaining it from a nation we have imposed sanctions against in return for some kind of favor is treason.

250px-I_Can%27t_Believe_It%27s_A_Law_Firm%21.png

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Bullshit!

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you would put Jr in jail ? Or should I say as you read the law Trump Jr should be in prison ?
Where did you hear that?

That is a delusion. 100% bullshit.
You might wanna be lookin for a refund from Barneys Law Skool.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clearly you can't read and listen to an admittance of guilt. The only chance of escape for Trump Jr is legal wrangling and/or favors. He did it by his own admission.

The only hogwash here is your arrogance toward anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Hysteria is something with no logic and pure emotion. Clearly you don't understand the difference. Our government is being attacked daily by foreign governments, including Russia. Standing by idly and saying it's ok because it happens is just plain stupid.

By your measure any conviction could be construed as hysteria.

Just becauseo you think the media woul you don't like something doesn't make it fake, wrong or any other deniabilty you want to attach to it. It is what it is.

One question that I know you will answer honestly because your for truth and law and order . Do you think if Hillary won instead of Trump would the media be on this Russian story and her and her husbands connections to foreign donors ? Knowing that Obama knew the Russians were trying to interfere with the election but did nothing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm still stuck on where the illegality is on having stroganoff with a Russian and discussing someone else's misdeeds.
I love stroganoff.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still stuck on where the illegality is on having stroganoff with a Russian and discussing someone else's misdeeds.
I love stroganoff.

So you admitt your a Russian spy !

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So you admitt your a Russian spy !

I am... And I am the maker of the stroganoff

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where did you hear that?

That is a delusion. 100% bullshit.
You might wanna be lookin for a refund from Barneys Law Skool.
So I assume you have a law degree in tow? Saying it is or isn't legal is the same thing buddy. Do I need a law degree to know someone running a red light Broke the law? How about if I see someone break my neighbors window? What about if I find an email in a user's inbox that states he committed a crime? Do I need a law degree to know that it is illegal? Of course not. Get off your high horse.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One question that I know you will answer honestly because your for truth and law and order . Do you think if Hillary won instead of Trump would the media be on this Russian story and her and her husbands connections to foreign donors ? Knowing that Obama knew the Russians were trying to interfere with the election but did nothing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First off I am not a Hillary fan. Second, since we will never know, I would he just as outraged. But since you don't know me you couldn't possibly know that.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I assume you have a law degree in tow? Saying it is or isn't legal is the same thing buddy. Do I need a law degree to know someone running a red light Broke the law? How about if I see someone break my neighbors window? What about if I find an email in a user's inbox that states he committed a crime? Do I need a law degree to know that it is illegal? Of course not. Get off your high horse.
You don't know the law .
1- "Something of value " has to be quantifiable. He received nothing nor did he offer anything in exhange.
2- He did not solicit the offer of information . They came to him he merely listened .

Nothing illegal

Answer my Hillary question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors