Become a Patron!

GOVERNMENT WATCH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Employers and investors have poured into the midwestern city since the recession. At least $1bn has gone into its sparkling new downtown, revitalized arts district and shiny new condos. So why is Sly James, its highly regarded outgoing mayor, so unhappy?

James, who steps down in July 2019, is leaving office with a sense of disappointment that despite Kansas City’s obvious accomplishments, the city’s recovery has left one large section of society behind: African Americans.

About 30% of Kansas City’s population is black. Every month, seemingly, Donald Trump uses Twitter to trumpet how well black people have done under his presidency. Nationwide African American unemployment is now 6.5%, down from a peak of 16.8% at the height of the recession.

But national numbers in a country as big as the US can be misleading. For many African Americans in the Kansas City area, the spoils of a roaring recovery have passed them by.

The impact of all things racial has left neighborhoods divided and segregated and that leads to a perpetuation of things like poverty and lack of opportunity,” says James, adding he would “have to disagree [with anyone] who says that the real African American unemployment situation is 5.9%”.

Kansas City may boast an unemployment rate of 3.6%. But take the city’s Blue Hills neighbourhood. Blue Hills is 91% African American and the unemployment rate is 17%. Neighbouring Ivanhoe is 86% African American and the unemployment rate is even higher, at 26%.

James is not alone in his assessment of his city. A loud chorus of individuals looks skeptically at the numbers Trump so proudly presents. Decreasing unemployment figures would usually signal that things are going well. But when you are one of the 14.3% of black people paid a poverty wage, compared with the 8.3% of white people who receive a poverty wage, it doesn’t feel like it.

As with the rest of the United States’ recovery from the 2008 recession, Kansas City’s comeback still carries the scars of the structural and intentional racism of its not-so-distant past.

The declining unemployment numbers Trump touts on Twitter do not account for the nearly 2.3 million “unemployed” African Americans in prison, who make up nearly 34% of the total US prison population.

Dumb gullible mofokers....

VEGAN I AM!
can't force people to work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nah the greatest leader of our time . the man who turned the tide !

The only thing he turned is idiots gullible small brains fucks like you

VEGAN I AM!

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yup
db467abf6b57451e4198d343b93123f1.jpg

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I hope you go bankrupt and hungry you racist fuck
If I was broke, I'd move to my cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains. But I wouldn't go hungry. I'd raise chickens and rabbits and shoot a deer every once in awhile.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I was broke, I'd move to my cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains. But I wouldn't go hungry. I'd raise chickens and rabbits and shoot a deer every once in awhile.

People like you belong in the mountains....

VEGAN I AM!

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Employers and investors have poured into the midwestern city since the recession. At least $1bn has gone into its sparkling new downtown, revitalized arts district and shiny new condos. So why is Sly James, its highly regarded outgoing mayor, so unhappy?

James, who steps down in July 2019, is leaving office with a sense of disappointment that despite Kansas City’s obvious accomplishments, the city’s recovery has left one large section of society behind: African Americans.

About 30% of Kansas City’s population is black. Every month, seemingly, Donald Trump uses Twitter to trumpet how well black people have done under his presidency. Nationwide African American unemployment is now 6.5%, down from a peak of 16.8% at the height of the recession.

But national numbers in a country as big as the US can be misleading. For many African Americans in the Kansas City area, the spoils of a roaring recovery have passed them by.

The impact of all things racial has left neighborhoods divided and segregated and that leads to a perpetuation of things like poverty and lack of opportunity,” says James, adding he would “have to disagree [with anyone] who says that the real African American unemployment situation is 5.9%”.

Kansas City may boast an unemployment rate of 3.6%. But take the city’s Blue Hills neighbourhood. Blue Hills is 91% African American and the unemployment rate is 17%. Neighbouring Ivanhoe is 86% African American and the unemployment rate is even higher, at 26%.

James is not alone in his assessment of his city. A loud chorus of individuals looks skeptically at the numbers Trump so proudly presents. Decreasing unemployment figures would usually signal that things are going well. But when you are one of the 14.3% of black people paid a poverty wage, compared with the 8.3% of white people who receive a poverty wage, it doesn’t feel like it.

As with the rest of the United States’ recovery from the 2008 recession, Kansas City’s comeback still carries the scars of the structural and intentional racism of its not-so-distant past.

The declining unemployment numbers Trump touts on Twitter do not account for the nearly 2.3 million “unemployed” African Americans in prison, who make up nearly 34% of the total US prison population.

Dumb gullible mofokers....

VEGAN I AM!

Trump is not President of Kansas City. Dummy. He is President of the USA. The USA numbers are good.;)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope you go bankrupt and hungry you racist fuck

VEGAN I AM!

Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer
Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!
I said dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer
I said "far out, what a day, a year, a life it is!"
You know, well you know, you had it comin' to you
Now, there's not a lot I can do
Dreamer, you stupid little dreamer
So now you put your head in your hands, oh no
I said, "far out, what a day, a year, a life it is!"
Work it out someday
Oh ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma
you can see anything you want, boy
(If I could be someone) you can be anyone, celebrate, boy
you can do something
(If I could do anything) but can you do something out of this world?
Take a dream on a sunday
Take a life, take a holiday
Take a lie, take a dreamer
Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream along
Dreamer, dream and dream along
C'mon and dream, dream along (come along)
(C'mon and dream, dream along)
na na na na na na na na
Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer (c'mon and dream and dream along)
Can you put your hands in your head, oh no! (c'mon and dream and dream along)
I said dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer (c'mon and dream and dream along)
Can you put your hands in your head, oh no! (oh, come on, oh, come on)
Oh no
Songwriters: Richard Davies / Roger Hodgson
Dreamer lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer
I said dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer
I said "far out, what a day, a year, a life it is!"
Dreamer, you stupid little dreamer
So now you put your head in your hands, oh no
I said, "far out, what a day, a year, a life it is!"
Work it out someday
Oh ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma
you can see anything you want, boy
(If I could be someone) you can be anyone, celebrate, boy
you can do something
(If I could do anything) but can you do something out of this world?
Take a dream on a sunday
Take a life, take a holiday
Take a lie, take a dreamer
Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream along
Dreamer, dream and dream along
C'mon and dream, dream along (come along)
(C'mon and dream, dream along)
na na na na na na na na
Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer (c'mon and dream and dream along)
Can you put your hands in your head, oh no! (c'mon and dream and dream along)
I said dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer (c'mon and dream and dream along)
Can you put your hands in your head, oh no! (oh, come on, oh, come on)
Oh no
Songwriters: Richard Davies / Roger Hodgson
Dreamer lyrics Universal Music Publishing Group, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd.

Wtf with you and song lyrics?
You know it’s better than conspiracy YouTube crap

VEGAN I AM!

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WRONG
PEOPLE LIKE ME WILL LOOK FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU....

VEGAN I AM!

I told you, come on up and I'll make a man out of you in the mountains. :)

The gear is loaded and ready to go. You can provide the comic relief.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ll take you with me.....I’m gonna spokespeople...

VEGAN I AM!
what are you talking about....a chubby little cutlet like you is the first one your boyz is gonna put over the spit....grain fed lechon......you won't last to the city limits.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The New Yorker rescinded its invitation to Steve Bannon to headline its annual festival after a swift backlash from big-name participants who said they would not attend if Bannon remained on the schedule.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The New Yorker rescinded its invitation to Steve Bannon to headline its annual festival after a swift backlash from big-name participants who said they would not attend if Bannon remained on the schedule.
liberal intellectual tolerance...lol......sort of like the Inquisition.....what a bunch of regressives.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Inspector general, John Sopko:

Obama wasted $300 million on the salaries of people who don’t exist, who were supposedly operating in Afghanistan, far away from the prying eyes of U.S. oversight. Sopko had alerted the Pentagon a number of times to what he had discovered in 2016. https://****/prFImayy4G

Crime boss no show jobs !!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Inspector general, John Sopko:

Obama wasted $300 million on the salaries of people who don’t exist, who were supposedly operating in Afghanistan, far away from the prying eyes of U.S. oversight. Sopko had alerted the Pentagon a number of times to what he had discovered in 2016. https://****/prFImayy4G

Crime boss no show jobs !!

Fake news!

VEGAN I AM!

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No disrespect to him, but why do you call him a hero?

VEGAN I AM!
cause he gave up his very well paid job in the NFL in his prime to fight for his country and beliefs .

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
cause he gave up his very well paid job in the NFL in his prime to fight for his country and beliefs .

That’s your classification of a hero!
Ok!

VEGAN I AM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors