Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't think it was that hard to take apart lol. Just sayin:D They better be nice with my 2 they have coming in for repair:popcorn:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't take this the wrong way because I hate to see your mod get scratched.

It's easy enough to avoid the possibility though. Since Evolv only makes the board and not the mod. You could just send in the board (that's all they are really responsible for). Either that or just send it to Hcigar to fix (they are the ones responsible for the mod, not Evolv).

I'm pretty sure they ask you to send them the board and if you can't do that, they go out of their way and accept the whole mod (I think that's actually going above and beyond).

Cheers,
Steve

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't take this the wrong way because I hate to see your mod get scratched.

It's easy enough to avoid the possibility though. Since Evolv only makes the board and not the mod. You could just send in the board (that's all they are really responsible for). Either that or just send it to Hcigar to fix (they are the ones responsible for the mod, not Evolv).

I'm pretty sure they ask you to send them the board and if you can't do that, they go out of their way and accept the whole mod (I think that's actually going above and beyond).

Cheers,
Steve

You can't just send in the board.The battery sled is hard wired to the board. The case protects the board in shipping. It's not to hard. just to do the repair correctly. The mod didn't mess up the board did:cheers:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can't just send in the board.The battery sled is hard wired to the board. The case protects the board in shipping. It's not to hard. just to do the repair correctly. The mod didn't mess up the board did:cheers:
You would obviously have to unsolder the connections from the board.

If you bought a Sony amp but lets say it had a GE board in it. You could probably have GE send you a new board if you were able to remove it (handy with a soldering iron) and send it to them or you would send in the whole amp to Sony. It's really the same thing here.

They just make the board. It's asking a lot to expect them to know there way around every mod that every manufacturer makes that they sell boards too.

That's why they ask you to just send in the board. If it was me, that's all I would accept. It's Hcigars mod. They just happen to be using an Evolv board.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In hindsight there are things I could of done to limit the actions of others carelessness, but in the end Nick agrees that my mod should of been handled better as noted from my previous post, and in my opinion offered to make amends, which is above what I would of asked for; honestly a simple apology and assurance he would look into it and remedy it from happening to anyone else would of been Tits for me...

Disappointed my mod got goobered, sure, no argument there.

Relieved that Evolv as a company cares about their customers via other Mfg. that uses their board...Aces.

Will this shy me from buying another Evolv product...not in the slightest.

To me how he handled it was top notch, and my initial disappointment although still a little bummed, is now in the past...

But for damn sure, I wont turn down free parts ;-)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow! That is absolutely incredible. They are 1000% responsible for scratching that mod. Yes, to Evolv's credit they owned up to it to the satisfaction of the customer but I'm sorry there is absolutely no justification for that to ever happen. If they ask you to send in the whole mod, which in my case they did then the reasonable expectation is they should treat said mod with reasonable care.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wow! That is absolutely incredible. They are 1000% responsible for scratching that mod. Yes, to Evolv's credit they owned up to it to the satisfaction of the customer but I'm sorry there is absolutely no justification for that to ever happen. If they ask you to send in the whole mod, which in my case they did then the reasonable expectation is they should treat said mod with reasonable care.

Yeah that sucks for sure. Worst case u can always jwrap it but still it's like taking your car to a mechanic for a repair and they scratch your door

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah that sucks for sure. Worst case u can always jwrap it but still it's like taking your car to a mechanic for a repair and they scratch your door

Exactly right, mechanic didn't build the car but he's still responsible for it while it's under his care.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to see that happened to your mod @So619Cal I would not be happy if that happened to me.

Sure Evolv just makes the board but they charge a premium for it. I am sure the premium price of the board is to also provide warranty work. Regardless of who built the mod they are responsible for it when in there possession. No way in hell would it be responsible of them to ask people to disassemble a mod to just send in the board. 90% of there customers would not now how to do that much less reassemble once they got it back. Great way to get sued if someone reassembled it wrong and blew there face off.

Mistakes happen and I am glad they are making it right with you.

I just wanted to chime in that no one should be asked to just send in there board. Unless they are themselves a trained technician the liability issues for Evolv would not be worth it much less the dangers to there customers.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to see that happened to your mod @So619Cal I would not be happy if that happened to me.

Sure Evolv just makes the board but they charge a premium for it. I am sure the premium price of the board is to also provide warranty work. Regardless of who built the mod they are responsible for it when in there possession. No way in hell would it be responsible of them to ask people to disassemble a mod to just send in the board. 90% of there customers would not now how to do that much less reassemble once they got it back. Great way to get sued if someone reassembled it wrong and blew there face off.

Mistakes happen and I am glad they are making it right with you.

I just wanted to chime in that no one should be asked to just send in there board. Unless they are themselves a trained technician the liability issues for Evolv would not be worth it much less the dangers to there customers.

Your right. All I was saying is if you buy a P4Y IPV mod and have a problem you have to deal with P4Y not Yihi. I can see in the future Evolv just doing the same thing other board makers do (like Yihi). Tell you to deal with the company you bought the mod from and then that company deals with Evolv. It seems like them going out of their way to fix a mod they didn't make only causes trouble. I see no upside in them continuing down that path.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your right. All I was saying is if you buy a P4Y IPV mod and have a problem you have to deal with P4Y not Yihi. I can see in the future Evolv just doing the same thing other board makers do (like Yihi). Tell you to deal with the company you bought the mod from and then that company deals with Evolv. It seems like them going out of their way to fix a mod they didn't make only causes trouble. I see no upside in them continuing down that path.
Lol, smfh.

215b819315bd0c994183734f93ef1eba.jpg

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DNA mods are usually 2 to 3 times the cost of many mass produced Chinese mods. Not only are you paying for Evolvs engineering but also for the warranty. It would more difficult to justify the cost of a Triade DNA250 if you had to send it back to China for warranty work.

The DNA mods deserve a premium price but the warranty from Evolv plays a big part in that.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
DNA mods are usually 2 to 3 times the cost of many mass produced Chinese mods. Not only are you paying for Evolvs engineering but also for the warranty. It would more difficult to justify the cost of a Triade DNA250 if you had to send it back to China for warranty work.

The DNA mods deserve a premium price but the warranty from Evolv plays a big part in that.

Yep, you get rid of the warranty work I better see DNA prices go down significantly. Otherwise, what's the point of owning a DNA?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I paid $90 for my IPV3 Li and if I had a problem I had to deal with P4Y not Yihi because they are the ones that made the mod.
I paid $79.99 for my VT133 so for me it's not 2 to 3 times the price. I think it's great that Evolv steps up to the plate to fix mods they didn't make. I'm just saying other board manufacturers don't do the same thing. Now if you bought a reference mod that Evolv actually made (~$200) then I would expect them to be responsible for fixing it. Just like Yihi fixes their mods they actually make, the SX Minis.

By the way, Lost Vape has a USA warranty center in Ohio, you don't have to ship it to China.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I can't say I agree with that. Manufacturers usually have certified repair centers. Companies that are authorized by the manufacturer to do warranty work and those companies bill the manufacturer. So either evolve would need to fix it themselves or hire someone to do it. It's a cheaper way for them to deal with it so they don't need to train technicians and pay higher prices for repairs. It's understandable for a small company but it's not above and beyond. At the end of the day it's their board that failed and they offer a 1 year warranty so they need to honor it.

If u buy a used car at a dealership and that dealership offers a 1000 mile warranty and the car breaks before that, they have to fix it. They can't just tell u to go to the manufacturer cause then u lose credibility.

I plan on getting a therion or finder 167 soon and if it was to take a shit I'd rather get it taken care of at evolve then have to try and ship back to china for repair. One of the draws of evolve is that it is a us company because we all know China companies support sucks. I want to feel like they will take care of me as a customer.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not that this will change the view much with how people feel, but I will chime in...

11-2-16 mod dies
11-2-16 I messaged on here that said mod died, asked a few people their opinions, and along with some google searching ended up contacting both Hcigar and Evolv.
11-2-16 Nick from Evolv responds
11-5-16 Hcigar responds, states, send to us for repair or send to Evolv. Went with Evolv due to proximity and suggestion from Hcigar.
11-7-16 Nick gives the RMA go ahead, Mod is sent in as a whole.
11-14-16 I get my mod back
11-15-16 I see my mod not exactly as I shipped it, voiced my opinion here and my disappointment to Nick at Evolv.
11-15-16 Minutes later, Nick responds with the earlier post I made, apologizes and wants to make things right, which imo he has.
11-15-16 My experience causes disdain among us enthusiasts

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I paid $90 for my IPV3 Li and if I had a problem I had to deal with P4Y not Yihi because they are the ones that made the mod.
I paid $79.99 for my VT133 so for me it's not 2 to 3 times the price. I think it's great that Evolv steps up to the plate to fix mods they didn't make. I'm just saying other board manufacturers don't do the same thing. Now if you bought a reference mod that Evolv actually made (~$200) then I would expect them to be responsible for fixing it. Just like Yihi fixes their mods they actually make, the SX Minis.

By the way, Lost Vape has a USA warranty center in Ohio, you don't have to ship it to China.
This good to know. Might get a therion over a finder then

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Comparing a mod that came out in 2014 to a newer mod is apples to oranges. I paid $80 for a Sig 75 that goes for under $30 right now. Should I compare that to an Alien? Even if there is year between their release times in a mods time that year is significant. Just think about the changes we have seen in mods going back 12 months from now. Not a fair comparison at all. Bottom line is if you charge extra for your board and claim it's the best then you can't just talk the talk you gotta walk the walk.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't say I agree with that. Manufacturers usually have certified repair centers. Companies that are authorized by the manufacturer to do warranty work and those companies bill the manufacturer. So either evolve would need to fix it themselves or hire someone to do it. It's a cheaper way for them to deal with it so they don't need to train technicians and pay higher prices for repairs. It's understandable for a small company but it's not above and beyond. At the end of the day it's their board that failed and they offer a 1 year warranty so they need to honor it.

If u buy a used car at a dealership and that dealership offers a 1000 mile warranty and the car breaks before that, they have to fix it. They can't just tell u to go to the manufacturer cause then u lose credibility.

I plan on getting a therion or finder 167 soon and if it was to take a shit I'd rather get it taken care of at evolve then have to try and ship back to china for repair. One of the draws of evolve is that it is a us company because we all know China companies support sucks. I want to feel like they will take care of me as a customer.

Evolv didn't manufacture the mod, Hcigar did so they are the ones that should have the US repair center just like Lost Vape does. I don't understand why this concept is so hard to grasp. Evolv no more manufactures the VT133 than the company that makes the 510 connection or battery sled does. It's Hcigar in the case of the VT133.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does anyone really think Hcigar did not pay Evolv to do their warranty work? I'm sure it's built into the price of the board in some form or shape. Evolv's not repairing mods out of the goodness of their hearts.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I decided on getting the Therion 167...just waiting for BF deals to roll out..heck if the deals are good enough I might get the Triade also or whatever else tickles my fancy. ;-)
I myself am going back and forth between the Therion and the Finder. I like certain things about both mods. The one thing is I have quite a few different Lost Vape mods and they are all very nice (I've been buying LV mods for awhile - all the way back to the very nice wood Tan V2 when they were still using Yihi chips). I've never had a Think Vape mod so they are more of an unknown to me.
Tan-box-mod-lost-vape%20(11).jpg

PS The Triade 250 is a helluva nice mod.

Cheers,
Steve

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This whole thing started by you saying that Evolv asks for people to only send the board. Now that I have thought about it there is no way that can be true for consumers, mfg's and technicians sure, but not end users. The warranty is on the board and the board is inside a mod. When they started the warranty I am sure they had the forethought to realize it would be in a case for the end user. It is there warranty and therefore there responsibility, I would hope as a end user you would agree.

You are defensive about Evolv which is a little odd as a consumer, so people can dog other companies but never Evolv? I was actually just dumping on there policy about sending back the boards only but now I am sure you were mistaken. In a round about way we are right back were we started.

Good on Evolv for resolving the issue, I have no problem with that and no problem with there company. If one of my DNA'S ever needs warranty work and they scratch it up then yeah, I am going to be pissed and I have every right to be. If you would be pleased to receive back a scratched up mod then good for you, doesn't affect my life. If I like a company or not there feet should be held to the fire if they messed up, in this case they did.

Just to be clear, now that I am fairly positive Evolv does not require the end user to remove the board to send in I am good with them. Plan on buying a Therion or Finder with the DNA250 board, maybe both if some crazy sale comes along.

As far as Lost Vapes warranty center here in the US I would still rather send it to Evolv directly. Manny waited something like 2 months to get his Triade back, no thanks.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
My experience with Nick and Evolve last week is that they will fix the board but not the mod. That was stated to me explicitly with regard to the vt133. My problem with that mod is not the board. So I'm out $99 since hcigar won't respond to me and VapeNW basically just doesn't care. They won't touch it. So no business from me in the future with either hcigar or VapeNW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My experience with Nick and Evolve last week is that they will fix the board but not the mod. That was stated to me explicitly with regard to the vt133. My problem with that mod is not the board. So I'm out $99 since hcigar won't respond to me and VapeNW basically just doesn't care. They won't touch it. So no business from me in the future with either hcigar or VapeNW.

While I was waiting for Evolv to respond via their archaic ticket system I contacted Hcigar about repairing the mod. Here's the info they sent. Don't know it will be of any help to you but it may be worth a shot.

address: 2nd Floor, No. 17 Building, Hualun Technological Park, Phoenix Xingye 1 Road, Fuyong Street, Baoan District, Shenzhen
phone: 86+13632408290

I reached them initially through their customer service email.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This whole thing started by you saying that Evolv asks for people to only send the board. Now that I have thought about it there is no way that can be true for consumers, mfg's and technicians sure, but not end users. The warranty is on the board and the board is inside a mod. When they started the warranty I am sure they had the forethought to realize it would be in a case for the end user. It is there warranty and therefore there responsibility, I would hope as a end user you would agree.

You are defensive about Evolv which is a little odd as a consumer, so people can dog other companies but never Evolv? I was actually just dumping on there policy about sending back the boards only but now I am sure you were mistaken. In a round about way we are right back were we started.

Good on Evolv for resolving the issue, I have no problem with that and no problem with there company. If one of my DNA'S ever needs warranty work and they scratch it up then yeah, I am going to be pissed and I have every right to be. If you would be pleased to receive back a scratched up mod then good for you, doesn't affect my life. If I like a company or not there feet should be held to the fire if they messed up, in this case they did.

Just to be clear, now that I am fairly positive Evolv does not require the end user to remove the board to send in I am good with them. Plan on buying a Therion or Finder with the DNA250 board, maybe both if some crazy sale comes along.

As far as Lost Vapes warranty center here in the US I would still rather send it to Evolv directly. Manny waited something like 2 months to get his Triade back, no thanks.

In the past Evolv asked that you send in the board. If you were uncomfortable with operating a soldering iron you could always go through the company you bought it from. Now I will say, if you told them you couldn't remove the board they would usually let you send in the mod but that was them going above and beyond since they didn't make the mod.

People have choices. You ban buy a reference mod they make. You can buy one from an American company like Vapor Shark or Volcano to name a few. You will spend more money but if you have an issue it's easier to deal with. You can go the cheaper route and get one from a Chinese manufacturer but if you have an issue it's going to be tougher. It's just like anything in life, you can spend more and get better after sale care or go cheap and hope for the best. Heck most of us were buying the VT133's for less than the cost of the chip.

Now if Evolv has changed their policy where they no longer request you send in the chip, it's news to me. That's not the way it was.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No fault on Evolv's part on that but sucks how Hcigar and VapeNW treated you, will think twice about ever ordering from VapeNW again after reading this.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Evolv didn't manufacture the mod, Hcigar did so they are the ones that should have the US repair center just like Lost Vape does. I don't understand why this concept is so hard to grasp. Evolv no more manufactures the VT133 than the company that makes the 510 connection or battery sled does. It's Hcigar in the case of the VT133.
Because evolve manufactures the board. A good example since I'm in the generator industry. Zenith makes transfer switches. Kohler buys them and rebrands them. If the switch fails zenith covers the warranty. Also Kohler uses Kim hotstart block heaters. If it fails Kim hotstart will warranty it.

The thing with these dna mods is really the only thing that will fail is the board which is made by evolv. They are also the one who advertises their 1 year warranty on the board. Even if hcigar warranties it they are still gonna go back to evolv to get reimbursed. Evolv does its own warranties to cut costs. It's cheaper for them to fix themselves then for hcigar to fix then bill evolv for it.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Does anyone really think Hcigar did not pay Evolv to do their warranty work? I'm sure it's built into the price of the board in some form or shape. Evolv's not repairing mods out of the goodness of their hearts.

It works the opposite way. Evolv pays either way. It's their warranty for their board. So either they fix it or they pay hcigar to fix it. It's cheaper for them to fix it internally

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I decided on getting the Therion 167...just waiting for BF deals to roll out..heck if the deals are good enough I might get the Triade also or whatever else tickles my fancy. ;-)
Yup black Friday I'm getting a dual 18650 dna250 mod for sure. The rest is up in the air depending on deals. I wanna spend around 250 on black Friday

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It works the opposite way. Evolv pays either way. It's their warranty for their board. So either they fix it or they pay hcigar to fix it. It's cheaper for them to fix it internally

The point being they're not doing it because they're a bunch of great guys. It's been worked out between the two companies.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup black Friday I'm getting a dual 18650 dna250 mod for sure. The rest is up in the air depending on deals. I wanna spend around 250 on black Friday

This black Friday I'm single coil RTA hunting.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
No fault on Evolv's part on that but sucks how Hcigar and VapeNW treated you, will think twice about ever ordering from VapeNW again after reading this.

Reinforcement of the age old idea, you get what you pay for. Anyone that buys a DNA should make themselves aware of the return policy and preferably do business with a company you're familiar with. For me eciggity has always treated me great which is why I bought an Efusion from them. VapeNW just flat out misleads the customer by stating warranty repair for hcigar is handled by Evolve. Actually they just handle the board.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

They can't require that. It's absurd. It would be like ford saying if your engine fails remove it and send it back to us.

Here is a story I have a lexus is250 it's a 2007. Last year it felt like it was loosing power. Normally I fix stuff myself but I figured I'd call the dealership and see what they say. They rebuilt the entire engine and gave me a rental car all for free. Now I have a practically new engine in my car. I was so impressed with that service. We're buying another car this month and it's gonna be another lexus. Funny enough the same one they gave us as the free rental car. Customer service goes a long way

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

What went wrong on the mod that isn't the board?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because evolve manufactures the board. A good example since I'm in the generator industry. Zenith makes transfer switches. Kohler buys them and rebrands them. If the switch fails zenith covers the warranty. Also Kohler uses Kim hotstart block heaters. If it fails Kim hotstart will warranty it.

The thing with these dna mods is really the only thing that will fail is the board which is made by evolv. They are also the one who advertises their 1 year warranty on the board. Even if hcigar warranties it they are still gonna go back to evolv to get reimbursed. Evolv does its own warranties to cut costs. It's cheaper for them to fix themselves then for hcigar to fix then bill evolv for it.

That's simply not true. The wiring, bad solder joints, and 510 all can fail. Saying the only thing that can wrong in a mod is the board simply isn't true. If that were the case every mod that used a Yihi board would be warrantied by Yihi (which it isn't).

Think of it like this. If Honda decided to put a Ford engine in one of their models, would it then be Ford who warrantied it? No, it would still be Honda because they would be the one that manufactured the car.

I guess at this point, we need to just agree to disagree. I think the company that buys the parts and makes the mod is the manufacturer. You think whoever makes the board is the manufacturer of the mod.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Already on my radar. Geekvape has been crushing it lately. Love the look of that Ammit.

I love their quality. I think the griffin 25 plus will be my next rta. I might look at the ammit too but after I hear impressions. I wouldn't mind the better battery life of single coil

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love their quality. I think the griffin 25 plus will be my next rta. I might look at the ammit too but after I hear impressions. I wouldn't mind the better battery life of single coil

I tell you what. I just got a Vaporesso Mega. This thing is almost an exact replica of the Griffin 25. Seems to be built just a tad better. Haven't compared them but the deck definitely feels roomier.

Lately I've been on a single coil kick. I feel like I get better flavor.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That's simply not true. The wiring, bad solder joints, and 510 all can fail. Saying the only thing that can wrong in a mod is the board simply isn't true. If that were the case every mod that used a Yihi board would be warrantied by Yihi (which it isn't).

Think of it like this. If Honda decided to put a Ford engine in one of their models, would it then be Ford who warrantied it? No, it would still be Honda because they would be the one that manufactured the car.

I guess at this point, we need to just agree to disagree. I think the company that buys the parts and makes the mod is the manufacturer. You think whoever makes the board is the manufacturer of the mod.
Well there are 2 things to this post. A wire failing is highly unlikely. A 510 could and bad soldering for sure but those items usually fail right off the bat not months later.

As far as warranties go I've dealt with them a lot. I'm in the generator industry I've dealt with companies like cat, onan, cummins, zenith, kohler, and generac to name a few. I've filed warranty claims myself and have good relations with people at these companies. In the end the manufacturer of the part always pays for warranty. Old Kohler generators had for engines in them for the gassers and even though yes Kohler repaired them they file a warranty claim with Ford and get reimbursed. So my point was that either way evolv pays for every board that fails. That's how it works. So for evolv it's cheaper for them to fix it I house then for hcigar to fix it and bill evolv for the repair.

It's not about what I personally think. It's about what I know from experience of working in this industry for 12 years and seeing how warranties work.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I tell you what. I just got a Vaporesso Mega. This thing is almost an exact replica of the Griffin 25. Seems to be built just a tad better. Haven't compared them but the deck definitely feels roomier.

Lately I've been on a single coil kick. I feel like I get better flavor.

I built a single coil in my boreas to test if it would work. It did but I didn't get the flavor I got from 2. Then again the pharaoh with single coil kicks ass. The ammit looks like it'll kick ass. Maybe I'll get one and a griffin. Black Friday don't fail me now lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I built a single coil in my boreas to test if it would work. It did but I didn't get the flavor I got from 2. Then again the pharaoh with single coil kicks ass. The ammit looks like it'll kick ass. Maybe I'll get one and a griffin. Black Friday don't fail me now lol

Yeah I'm looking at the Ammit, Serpent, Kayfun 5, Ace, Goblin v3, Bachelor, and a few other obscure RTA's. I love my Merlins but they fucking leak like a sieve.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah I'm looking at the Ammit, Serpent, Kayfun 5, Ace, Goblin v3, Bachelor, and a few other obscure RTA's. I love my Merlins but they fucking leak like a sieve.

Kayfun is MTL though. Too weak for me. Never heard of an ace or bachelor. Digiflavor has some cool looking rta too. Forgot the name but it's the same company as geekvape pretty much. Good quality shit.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Ace is OBS. The Bachelor is Ehpro.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The Ace is OBS. The Bachelor is Ehpro.

Fuji and siren from digiflavor. Check them out too. Now the bachelor rings a bell. Never heard of the ace before until now though lol

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Bachelor is Ehpro.
I had excellent luck with my Bachelors once I got the wicking down. No leaks, great flavor. Nowhere near as thirsty as my Supremes.
My only thought on the Bachelor was that the gasket you top fill through has no replacement part available, at least as of a few months ago.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's what I really want in a tank. No leaking even if it is sideways. I do have pockets and get tired of carrying my mod like it's a baby. "Keep its head up!"
Good if not great flavor. I tend of be mouth blind after half a tank or so anyway and too lazy to stick a new tank on until the one is empty.
5-7 ml capacity. You'd think less after reading the last item, but, like I said I'm lazy. Less filling is better. Ask the Miller Lite people.
Easy to wick. My Crown tanks were good/great tanks when wicked properly. That happened once, on a Tuesday I think it was. The Supreme is great.
Great build quality. I absolutely hate crunch threads, hard to thread, lopsided/bent 510s.

After all that, lots of people seem to think the OBS Engine is it.
I'll let you know this weekend, I have two arriving Friday.
Open to suggestions though.

VU Sponsors