Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is that right? Didn't know that. I might have to grab one those bad boys.

Meh, just looked at it and even though its only $20 for a back up lipo I think I'm gonna wait for the vt133 to be back in stock

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Whew thought you were losing your mind but then you came back to earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I really don't like lipos. Never had a lipo pack mod but I like changing out my battery's when they die instead of having to plug in the mod and wait for it to charge. Just so easy to switch out battery's and keep vaping.
Well the way I see it is everything has it's pluses and minuses. I like my Lipo mods because they can do 200 watts (not that I ever use that lol), they are lighter than even a 2 x 18650 mod, smaller than most of my dual 18650 mods as well. The big con is not being able to easily change the batteries (DX200 excluded because they just plug in). Mine last me about a half day give or take. For me it comes down to either having to plug in or have more than one with you.

The 18650 DNA200's take care of all the cons but are a little heavier (The Reuleaux is a lot heavier - probably my least used DNA200). The VT133 is just the right mix, gets me through a whole day +, fits good in hand, is relatively small, and all the power and then some that I ever need. It's just a great everyday mod.

When I just had the DX200 as a dual 18650, I would take that out if I was going to be out most of the day for battery life, but used my Lavaboxs and VT200 when that wasn't the case. The VT133 has pretty much given my Lipos a well deserved vacation :D. I still use my Lavaboxs now and then though, even used the VT200 a little today. The two that I don't use at all anymore are the Reuleaux and DX200. I don't hate them (well maybe a strong dislike for the Reuleaux - crappy 510, wire thinner than 2lb test fishing line, and last but not least reverse battery protection rings that could double as steak knives on a camping trip lol :giggle:) but just haven't grabbed for them. It's been mainly VT133's.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well the way I see it is everything has it's pluses and minuses. I like my Lipo mods because they can do 200 watts (not that I ever use that lol), they are lighter than even a 2 x 18650 mod, smaller than most of my dual 18650 mods as well. The big con is not being able to easily change the batteries (DX200 excluded because they just plug in). Mine last me about a half day give or take. For me it comes down to either having to plug in or have more than one with you.

The 18650 DNA200's take care of all the cons but are a little heavier (The Reuleaux is a lot heavier - probably my least used DNA200). The VT133 is just the right mix, gets me through a whole day +, fits good in hand, is relatively small, and all the power and then some that I ever need. It's just a great everyday mod.

When I just had the DX200 as a dual 18650, I would take that out if I was going to be out most of the day for battery life, but used my Lavaboxs and VT200 when that wasn't the case. The VT133 has pretty much given my Lipos a well deserved vacation :D. I still use my Lavaboxs now and then though, even used the VT200 a little today. The two that I don't use at all anymore are the Reuleaux and DX200. I don't hate them (well maybe a strong dislike for the Reuleaux - crappy 510, wire thinner than 2lb test fishing line, and last but not least reverse battery protection rings that could double as steak knives on a camping trip lol :giggle:) but just haven't grabbed for them. It's been mainly VT133's.

Cheers,
Steve
All true but what's the use of having a light lipo mod if the battery life sucks? The whole point of the mod being light is that it makes it easy carry. Who cares if it's easy to carry if I can't get even close to a full day out of it? Not for me, I'll stick with my VT133 and carry a spare set of 18650's which will last well longer than a full day. Plus that mod is boxy and butt ugly. Lol. The only good thing about the Reuleaux is its a true all day mod. It's a big son of bitch but if you leave the house all day with a set of fully charged batteries your good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All true but what's the use of having a light lipo mod if the battery life sucks? The whole point of the mod being light is that it makes it easy carry. Who cares if it's easy to carry if I can't get even close to a full day out of it? Not for me, I'll stick with my VT133 and carry a spare set of 18650's which will last well longer than a full day. Plus that mod is boxy and butt ugly. Lol. The only good thing about the Reuleaux is its a true all day mod. It's a big son of bitch but if you leave the house all day with a set of fully charged batteries your good to go.

This is why my duo sits. I put the lipo in to test the battery and even though it's 1300 still not enough. Then there's the charging which seems to take a day. Got my first 133 before I put the battery sled back in, so...End of story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol I'm glad I waited a while for that memorial day sale to come around to finally buy a DNA200 mod. I'm much too frugal (read cheap), to have a bunch of unused "expensive" mods sitting around. The VT133 is very ergonomic. In fact, I just picked up my Sig 100 for the first time in the week I've had my VT133, and just laughed to myself. It's such a basic box of a mod. I can also tell how much more efficient the DNA200 chip is compared to whatever is in the Sig 100. The same batteries seem to last at least a couple hours longer. Pretty cool.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't believe the prices some of these outfits charge http://www.vapordna.com/HCigar-VT133-DNA-200-133W-Box-Mod-p/hvt133.htm
Makes you wonder just how many could they possibly sell being almost double the price at ecig.

Guess some folks don't price shop, or don't care spending twice the amount.

That's nothing, you should check out a site like Vaporfi. I have a little e-cig business in central Mexico, lots of older retired expats. They definitely don't "price shop." More like click the first link that comes up in Google. Anyways, one of them, before he met me, got taken for over 3 bills. For some rebranded whoknowswhatsinside 100 watt TC lipo mod, and rebranded Kanger tank they sold for $60, a couple packs of coils and 30ml of juice. Note that while the goods were over $250, they still charged him $60+ for shipping! He's such a good guy, and it still makes me sick thinking about it. The mod has already crapped out on him btw.

Sites like that are who the FDA should be fucking with, assholes!

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's nothing, you should check out a site like Vaporfi. I have a little e-cig business in central Mexico, lots of older retired expats. They definitely don't "price shop." More like click the first link that comes up in Google. Anyways, one of them, before he met me, got taken for over 3 bills. For some rebranded whoknowswhatsinside 100 watt TC lipo mod, and rebranded Kanger tank they sold for $60, a couple packs of coils and 30ml of juice. Note that while the goods were over $250, they still charged him $60+ for shipping! He's such a good guy, and it still makes me sick thinking about it. The mod has already crapped out on him btw.

Sites like that are who the FDA should be fucking with, assholes!
Now that is the true meaning of ripoff....!

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The more I use this mod, the more I like it. Have to thank @Wingsfan0310 for the steer on this one.
I have three now and the new battery doors will 'Be here any day now'. My wife loves the look of these mods.
Coming from the Yihi SXi_Q software to EScribe was not difficult at all, with Steve's help it was an easy transition.
What a nice vape!

BulletStopper

Member For 4 Years
It's been 3 days now and I'm very satisfied and happy.

This is also my first successful use of temp control. Tried it on a DNA 40 and an SX Mini and didn't like it. Now, using a .3 ohm SS 316L at 35 watts and 490 degrees and really enjoy it. I have noticed my juice consumption (not high before) has decreased.

So far the batteries have been lasting about a day and a half.

skreiss

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been sick the past week and unable to enjoy my favorite mod.
That aside, I was really surprised that this past weekend when I received the 2 doors I ordered from Fast tech, a black and silver. The reason I was surprised is they arrived 13 days after being shipped. Both fit perfectly and the black on black is awesome. I am a a big fan, almost to the point of wanting another.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my "red" cover in... it's definitely orange. I put my red tank on my Griffin 25 and not color matched but acceptable... I suppose. Way more orange in pics, love the rubber feel though!

32c4c37e65aed61cfe923f133d677157.jpg

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So has anyone done the rubberized dip/spray on a door yet? I am curious as to what the results were.
Now that o have the rubber cover...I can see plastidip in my future this weekend. Great thing about plastidip is that there's no penalty. Don't like it, peel it off. I did some accents on my car and the results are fantastic. Will post pics when complete!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my "red" cover in... it's definitely orange. I put my red tank on my Griffin 25 and not color matched but acceptable... I suppose. Way more orange in pics, love the rubber feel though!

32c4c37e65aed61cfe923f133d677157.jpg

Actually looks pretty damn good, from here anyway....prolly looks even better there.....:vino:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! It does look better in person. Thinking I will get a orange tank to set it off. Or a red drip tip. I like the contrast of the bumble bee above!

I'd like to find one of the Yellow covers, really steps out with the black..!

The orange looks really good, like you said, find a drip tip and it's hog heaven.....:bliss:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There was that one website that I listed awhile back that had covers and they listed both orange and red separately.
Well here's mine next to the Slice. I took the pic in direct sunlight. Granted it's not as bright as the Slice which is like a Fire Engine red but I don't think it's orange.
fbfbc99320f2da383d9873793d3e5e4d.jpg

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My red one looks like Steve's red one. Does this look orange to you?

IMG_20160603_112931_zpsxnpzjzy5.jpg
No, it looks good though. The green pic doesn't look as, BAM, Lime green as the one I have either. Pics can be deceptive. I'll skip the red although it has a certain Black Widow look to it.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well here's mine next to the Slice. I took the pic in direct sunlight. Granted it's not as bright as the Slice which is like a Fire Engine red but I don't think it's orange.
fbfbc99320f2da383d9873793d3e5e4d.jpg

That's definitely red and DEFINITELY not the red that I got see my pic up several posts. Mine is def orange, Burt orange I believe is more accurate

3eb636946c1abf31173952cd04acc4bd.jpg

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn... haven't looked at this thread since it was new and the Reuleaux had me investigating DNAs.

Is it finally time I made the leap? :D

As usual Ecig is insane with his blow-out pricing (when in stock) but VNW has the basic (Black or Silver) for $120. Barring some sale this weekend, I'll have to consider that. ;)

(would have grabbed the clunky HotCig for $55 just to play with Escribe... if he had it in stock. Ergonomics bullet dodged? :p )

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn... haven't looked at this thread since it was new and the Reuleaux had me investigating DNAs.

As usual Ecig is insane with his blow-out pricing (when in stock) but VNW has the basic (Black or Silver) for $120. Barring some sale this weekend, I'll have to consider that. ;)

(would have grabbed the clunky HotCig for $55 just to play with Escribe... if he had it in stock. Ergonomics bullet dodged? :p )
I thought the same thing BUT... I find the buttons on the DX200 to feel better than my beloved VT133. Now, I am tall... 6' 4" tall with big hands, so I always lean toward larger devices. I have just about the largest cell phone phablet that could still be useful:) so take my opinion with a grain of salt. The texture feel of the DX200 is a really nice touch. The only con I have is the battery life, or better said, lack thereof. Charges quickly via USB so for $55 it was an absolute steal :)

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Here's some good'ish news for ya or anyone else looking to snag a VT133

VT133 for $90 here: http://www.gearbest.com/promotion-b...utm_medium=**********&utm_campaign=**********

**Edit** They are showing 80 units... better hurry before word gets out

skreiss

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking for a domestic vendor.

In the meantime... the VT 75 is tempting as well.
There's also the SMY 75 (I know nothing about their rep) which doesn't have the potential body gaps of the Hcigar or the possible (?) shock from the batt cap's center screw... but it's fugly compared to the VT 75 :p

eta: I feel like I'm in denial and should just admit... I'm going to be a DNA owner within a week. :rolleyes:

:D

skreiss

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So unless I missed it, no one has done the plasti dip yet on a side door. Really tempted to try either the dip or spray. I found this on reddit that has this album of their project on a ipv2 where they used the spray on the mod and dip on the door. So both types of applications in one place. I'm curious about the long term use of it.

skreiss

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm looking for a domestic vendor.

In the meantime... the VT 75 is tempting as well.
There's also the SMY 75 (I know nothing about their rep) which doesn't have the potential body gaps of the Hcigar or the possible (?) shock from the batt cap's center screw... but it's fugly compared to the VT 75 :p

eta: I feel like I'm in denial and should just admit... I'm going to be a DNA owner within a week. :rolleyes:
:D
Think I already said this but I held the VT75 this week. It has a very nice feel to it, feels good in the hand, good weight, buttons solid and not too bad looking either. Would be a good runner up if the 133 is not at a good price ;)

Edit: think DNA is where it is at for me from now on after getting one. It is worth it.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think I already said this but I held the VT75 this week. It has a very nice feel to it, feels good in the hand, good weight, buttons solid and not too bad looking either. Would be a good runner up if the 133 is not at a good price ;)

Edit: think DNA is where it is at for me from now on after getting one. It is worth it.
Yeah, the VT75 looks super nice, have not felt it but I am long over single batt mods. Additionally, although I rarely exceed about 70 watts, I've found that when you are pushing anything at its upper register, output suffers. Dual+ batts for me.

I would do some research comparisons on the DNA 75 board, there were convos earlier about it being inferior to the 200 more than just pwr capabilities. I could be wrong, but remember something like that

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So unless I missed it, no one has done the plasti dip yet on a side door. Really tempted to try either the dip or spray. I found this on reddit that has this album of their project on a ipv2 where they used the spray on the mod and dip on the door. So both types of applications in one place. I'm curious about the long term use of it.
Well, I intend to spray my black cover with black plastidip just for the texture really. I did some grille work on my car last Nov and still holding strong. You are absolutely right tho, I have no idea how it will hold up with actual touch and handling... especially since I use my VT133 consistently and daily

VU Sponsors