Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

dscl

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm feeling your pain. Get in touch with them asap though, to see what they have to say. Let us know what happens because we have no life outside of vaping and VT133's:D

Chatting with support now, had me do a couple of things, still failed so it looks like the 510 is shot. He said he would start the return for me, I said sucks its out of stock since I would have taken a exchange. "He said really???, let me check inventory"

I'm waiting for him to get back... I might still be part of the vt133 club!!! :)

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Chatting with support now, had me do a couple of things, still failed so it looks like the 510 is shot. He said he would start the return for me, I said sucks its out of stock since I would have taken a exchange. "He said really???, let me check inventory"

I'm waiting for him to get back... I might still be part of the vt133 club!!! :)
Maybe one fell behind the shelf. Fingers crossed for you.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With Ecig out of stock and for the most part no more new members in the VT133 club, I think this thread is about to get quiet. That's too bad because I for one have enjoyed this thread!

Cheers,
Steve
Quiet, probably, but not dead. We can always talk about our day spent with the VT. Like a long walk on the beach. Or a lazy day spent in front of the tube watching movies...Rock climbing with the VT. Wine tasting. It goes on, but you get the idea.:D

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am thinking about a Hammered finish on my Silver cover, hopefully the Rust-Oleum rattle can will do a decent job.
Emerald Green to match my Royal Hunter.
e82c0669-9775-49f3-b2b1-a5d6bebd458d_1000.jpg

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think that would look good. Hammered finish is nice. It has texture...
I was going to put a different finish on my silver door, But it looks so damn sharp against the black. I'll need to wait for a boo boo to happen before I commit to a finish change.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that would look good. Hammered finish is nice. It has texture...
I was going to put a different finish on my silver door, But it looks so damn sharp against the black. I'll need to wait for a boo boo to happen before I commit to a finish change.
I just bought an extra Black door from GB. They are blowing them out for $4.67 and they only have a couple left. I bought it too experiment with. I really want to try and put the DSOTM Prism on it. I went with the free shipping so hopefully I see it by sometime in July :giggle:

Edit This is what I had in mind. I'm not an artist, but I'm thinking maybe I can make a stencil (pattern) and give it a try. For less than $5 what do I have to lose. At least it's already Black lmao
ss-130301-recordCovers-304p.today-ss-slide-desktop.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just bought an extra Black door from GB. They are blowing them out for $4.67 and they only have a couple left. I bought it too experiment with. I really want to try and put the DSOTM Prism on it. I went with the free shipping so hopefully I see it by sometime in July :giggle:

Edit This is what I had in mind. I'm not an artist, but I'm thinking maybe I can make a stencil (pattern) and give it a try. For less than $5 what do I have to lose. At least it's already Black lmao

Cheers,
Steve
Good gawd. When I owned my bar I had a bunch of musicians that used to frequent it. Whenever they got drunk and high they would play Echoes. I swear to god I hate that song. I actually had to make a rule that they weren't allowed to play it if I was behind the stick. Lmfao. You just gave me a flashback with that image.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good gawd. When I owned my bar I had a bunch of musicians that used to frequent it. Whenever they got drunk and high they would play Echoes. I swear to god I hate that song. I actually had to make a rule that they weren't allowed to play it if I was behind the stick. Lmfao. You just gave me a flashback with that image.

But that's on a different album (which I also have :D). Just because I'm such a good friend, I found this for you :devil:

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know its not on DSOTM. That's the most annoying song ever made.

I'm really starting to think it's not your favorite tune lmao. It was the whole side of the album iirc. I guess you had to be in the right frame of mind to like it. I've heard it many times when I was younger lol.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For you DNA heads, is there a way to access the battery voltage/percentage screen without plugging the mod into a computer? Just noticed that screen when I had the mod plugged in a minute ago, and liked seeing that info. (I never gave a thought to independent battery voltage before reading DNA200-related threads, but liked to see that my two batteries were only .01 volts apart, for whatever significance that holds! lol)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm really starting to think it's not your favorite tune lmao. It was the whole side of the album iirc. I guess you had to be in the right frame of mind to like it. I've heard it many times when I was younger lol.

Cheers,
Steve
Yeah you had to be high as a kite. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For you DNA heads, is there a way to access the battery voltage/percentage screen without plugging the mod into a computer? Just noticed that screen when I had the mod plugged in a minute ago, and liked seeing that info. (I never gave a thought to independent battery voltage before reading DNA200-related threads, but liked to see that my two batteries were only .01 volts apart, for whatever significance that holds! lol)
Yes, you can set any of the 3 smaller displays to individual cell voltages in the screen tab of Escribe. Just click on the drop-don box to see all the choices you have for each screen. The possibilities are practically limitless. It's the box on the left for your running displays. The box on the right for your charging displays. Don't forget to click on "Upload Settings to Device" when done to save your changes to your mod.

upload_2016-6-14_1-33-22.png

Cheers,
Steve

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, you can set any of the 3 smaller displays to individual cell voltages in the screen tab of Escribe. Just click on the drop-don box to see all the choices you have for each screen. The possibilities are practically limitless. It's the box on the left for your running displays. The box on the right for your charging displays. Don't forget to click on "Upload Settings to Device" when done to save your changes to your mod.

View attachment 54131

Cheers,
Steve
Learn something everyday reading your posts, Steve....I still haven't had the time to get into the software much. LOTS of options, lots to learn. But at least once it all sets in, I'm good for all the DNA 200 mods I've purchased recently.

Been just using the settings you sent me, which are all I need, but I'll catch on to all the other incidentals sooner or later....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Cheers,
Steve
Man oh man, that sure brings back some really GOOD memories......:vino:...........:bliss:...:drunk:

Like Deuce...got tired of the song, but not the era...wish I could turn the clock back....!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Learn something everyday reading your posts, Steve....I still haven't had the time to get into the software much. LOTS of options, lots to learn. But at least once it all sets in, I'm good for all the DNA 200 mods I've purchased recently.

Been just using the settings you sent me, which are all I need, but I'll catch on to all the other incidentals sooner or later....:)
Thanks buddy. I appreciate the kind words. I think everyone should check the choices they have available. Heck I change mine every once in awhile. Each person will probably have different things they are interested in seeing. I believe you have about 22 different options - basically something for everyone. That's one of the reasons I say it's the most customizable device out.

Cheers,
Steve

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love this thread. It convinced me into getting 2 vt133. Steve should get a commission from Hcigar for all the vt133 he sold...lol. has to be a dozen or two. I won't let this thread die, I should be getting my battery covers soon and will post pics. Thanks again Steve for the advice and push to get a vt133. These things are badass.

CaVape80

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes it does suck that ecig.com no longer has anymore vt133's in stock but vape gear always comes down in price. Every one keep checking your go to sites you will eventually find a vt 133 at a good price. Out of all my dna mods I always grab my vt133 first I bought 4 of them they are some of my most used mods. thanks you steve for telling us about this mod now if only i could find a yellow battey cover fasttech canceled mine.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 54131

Cheers,
Steve

Got it, thanks. Though, it doesn't look like you can change to display for different profiles? Right now I'm just using kanthal, so removed the temp and replaced it with battery %. Though when I start using the SS I have, I'd prefer the temp to be displayed when I'm in that mode.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got it, thanks. Though, it doesn't look like you can change to display for different profiles? Right now I'm just using kanthal, so removed the temp and replaced it with battery %. Though when I start using the SS I have, I'd prefer the temp to be displayed when I'm in that mode.
No those displays in the running and charging are Universal for all displays. However in the General tab of Escribe for each profile you can check the Temperature Dominate box. I do that for my TC profiles, that way the big display shows the temp. In power profiles I uncheck the box so the big display shows your watts.

upload_2016-6-14_10-15-7.png

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah but you can always get the dual 18650 battery tray for it and turn it into a 133 dual 18650.
Is that right? Didn't know that. I might have to grab one those bad boys.

Meh, just looked at it and even though its only $20 for a back up lipo I think I'm gonna wait for the vt133 to be back in stock

Last edited:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is that right? Didn't know that. I might have to grab one those bad boys.

Yeah they have a 18650 battery pack and a 1300 mah lipo upgrade too. And the battery packs just click on the side. Easy to change. Im really considering buying one but have spent so much $$ on vape gear, my bank account is empty...lol. hopefully still in stock by payday. Or I might just pass on this deal. I need to learn to say no...hahaha

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah but you can always get the dual 18650 battery tray for it and turn it into a 133 dual 18650.
I have that mod along with the 2 x 18650 battery tray. It was one of my first DNA200's. It works fine but it's really boxy compared to a lot of mods that are now out. I really don't use it since getting the VT133's since it's main advantage was being able to use 2 x 18650's. It's not as comfortable in hand as the VT133 so it's been unused since getting them. On top of that, I prefer my VT200's and Lavabox's if I'm using a Lipo. Here's a couple of pictures of them side by side (The DX200 is in it's 2 x 18650 configuration and it's bigger across and flat out boxy - not ergonomic in the least).

IMG_20160515_130810_zpsoquujaye.jpg

IMG_20160515_130710_zpsvt1nmnnf.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have that mod along with the 2 x 18650 battery tray. It was one of my first DNA200's. It works fine but it's really boxy compared to a lot of mods that are now out. I really don't use it since getting the VT133's since it's main advantage was being able to use 2 x 18650's. It's not as comfortable in hand as the VT133 so it's been unused since getting them. On top of that, I prefer my VT200's and Lavabox's if I'm using a Lipo. Here's a couple of pictures of them side by side (The DX200 is in it's 2 x 18650 configuration and it's bigger across and flat out boxy - not ergonomic in the least).

Cheers,
Steve
Yeah now I'm definitely waiting. I already have a big ugly box mod. Its called a G2. Lol.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's an older picture I have with the DX200 in it's 900mah 3s Lipo form (The IPV3 LI is a beast lol).

L to R Lavabox, IPV3 LI, VT200, and DX200
IMG_20151219_115113_zpspusddddm.jpg

Edit Here's another picture of the DX200 still in the 900mah 3s Lipo form
L to R DX200, VT200, and Lavabox
IMG_20151219_132603_zpsgpdkrm7u.jpg

Last edited:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I probably won't end up getting one. For 55 bucks it is tempting. The dna200 board is more expensive than that mod. You could get it and pull out the board and use it in a custom box mod. If I was gonna get another dna200 I'd probably wait for the vt133 to come back into stock and get another one of those. I was just posting it to let people know if they were interested. Really cheap... but I'll stick to my vt133.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Cheers,
Steve
Damn that thing becomes really long with the 18650 configuration. Doesn't seem comfortable to hold. Vt133 are real comfy in the hand. The feel in your hand is one of my favorites of all my mods. Thanks Steve for bringing me back to reality. I was gonna probably purchase one but just changed my mind.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I probably won't end up getting one. For 55 bucks it is tempting. The dna200 board is more expensive than that mod. You could get it and pull out the board and use it in a custom box mod. If I was gonna get another dna200 I'd probably wait for the vt133 to come back into stock and get another one of those. I was just posting it to let people know if they were interested. Really cheap... but I'll stick to my vt133.
I'm not saying the DX200 is a bad mod or anything. It's actually pretty durable and has always worked when needed. It was either my first or second DNA200 and back then choices were very limited for decent priced DNA200's. It was either a VT200 or DX200 (I got them at almost the exact same time - a day or 2 apart), most others were around $200 at the time. With the mods I have now, it's just really boxy and I prefer mods with curves (more ergonomic). It's a great deal though, just one I'm going to pass on is all.

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not saying the DX200 is a bad mod or anything. It's actually pretty durable and has always worked when needed. It was either my first or second DNA200 and back then choices were very limited for decent priced DNA200's. It was either a VT200 or DX200 (I got them at almost the exact same time - a day or 2 apart), most others were around $200 at the time. With the mods I have now, it's just really boxy and I prefer mods with curves (more ergonomic). It's a great deal though, just one I'm going to pass on is all.

Cheers,
Steve
My first DNA was a silver Vt200.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was very nice mod like the 133 it just had like a 700 mh battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Mine measured out at around 1000mah but it sure as hell wasn't the 1300mah 3s Lipo that was advertised. I get just a wee bit better battery life than I do from my Lavabox's and DX200 which are all 900mah 3s Lipos.

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors