Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A little profile screen I made up for the Merlin. Use if you like and if you improve it, please repost. :)

View attachment 53861

Oooh, I like that idea! Haven't separate profiles for different tanks. Having different builds for different tanks, and each having a profile set up and ready to go. Haha I pretty obvious idea I guess, but as y'all can see I'm just starting to get a picture of how to take advantage of the customizing features of the DNA200 board.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oooh, I like that idea! Haven't separate profiles for different tanks. Having different builds for different tanks, and each having a profile set up and ready to go. Haha I pretty obvious idea I guess, but as y'all can see I'm just starting to get a picture of how to take advantage of the customizing features of the DNA200 board.
I have one for the SQuape X and one for the Merlin. :)

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok need little help from you evolve guys . One of the vt133 has been not holding temp control . Doesn't read any coil except ni200 coils and now the only way the screen lights up is when fire button is pushed . Do we have a DOA or is there a fix ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok need little help from you evolve guys . One of the vt133 has been not holding temp control . Doesn't read any coil except ni200 coils and now the only way the screen lights up is when fire button is pushed . Do we have a DOA or is there a fix ?

That doesn't sound good. If it was me I'd try a hard reboot first, then restore defaults (you have probably already tried that). Sounds like a bad board to me unfortunately. That's all I can think of atm - I'll check Evolv's forum, but I'm not hopeful with those symptoms.

Cheers,
Steve

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How do I do a hard reboot ?

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think the board is wasted . She bought it from vapor DNA at full price before we found the home boy shopping network price lol..... But I saved the day for her she didn't know I had 5 back up 133 in stock ha ha ha

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the board is wasted . She bought it from vapor DNA at full price before we found the home boy shopping network price lol..... But I saved the day for her she didn't know I had 5 back up 133 in stock ha ha ha

Yeah, I think so too with the symptoms you stated in the first post. If it was just the screen not turning on, I'd think bad cable or screen, but with it not holding TC settings it sounds like a bad board. If Vapor DNA won't take care of you Evolv certainly will. If you need the link to their support hit me up on a PM and I'll send it to you. Good luck! I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The question I have now is do I charge her full retail or give her the VU special discount lol

That all depends on how much you like her

SmileyROFLMAO.gif

Cheers,
Steve

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well in an attempt to save my theory, maybe the Silver frame faded due to UV exposure before you got the door :giggle::giggle::giggle:. I'm just messing around Bill. I'm just trying to make sense of why they didn't do all the doors in the same type/texture of paint.

On a serious note, I do know if you get a part to put on something that has been used for awhile, the shades often don't match. For example I was looking at a review of the 1300mah extender kit for the Lavabox (I think it was Mike Vapes). In it, his only negative was the new Black extender plate didn't have the exact shade to match his used Black Lavabox's frame.
I think the silver on silver part that bothers me is the frame is a dull silver (probably the real color of the alloy) and the battery door is a shiny painted silver. Whether the door is a lighter shade of silver may not be true. It just looks like it is.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think the silver on silver part that bothers me is the frame is a dull silver (probably the real color of the alloy) and the battery door is a shiny painted silver. Whether the door is a lighter shade of silver may not be true. It just looks like it is.
Maybe use a scotch-brite pad to knock the shine down.

lemonpotty

Member For 3 Years
So is there no way to get the black frame with all silver (stainless steel) buttons? The promo picture shows the black frame with stainless steel body with stainless steel buttons but it seems the actual product has black buttons regardless of the color choice.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So is there no way to get the black frame with all silver (stainless steel) buttons? The promo picture shows the black frame with stainless steel body with stainless steel buttons but it seems the actual product has black buttons regardless of the color choice.
@lemonpotty I started this thread before the VT133 was released. The early pictures (I think limited to the first page) were per-production pictures. Maybe I should edit the pictures to avoid confusion. I haven't because I think it's a pretty good way to show how the VT133 has Evolved (see what I did there ;)) from it's early stages to it's actual release.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my yellow cover has been discontinued according to fasttech. This is second time I've tried to order from them and had it screwed up. So I'm done with them. Now to find it somewhere else.
Looks out of stock everywhere anyone have a extra I'll buy it.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow! I am sorry to hear that SteelDriver. I just got my yellow cover from Fasttech just a couple of weeks back. They were the only ones that had any. They show the green is discontinued too. Gearbest only has 4 green covers left.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I think I may get whatever color and paint it myself lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Last I checked Gearbest had the Black and Green one for $4.93. If I was going to paint it, I'd go with the Black since it doesn't have the rubber coating.

Cheers,
Steve

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well we have seen all of the black covers coming with the VT133 as non-rubberized. But we don't know anybody who purchased the black cover separately. Although @CharTech did purchase one (on June 6th) from Fasttech and we are waiting to hear when they get it if it is rubberized or not.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't see any reason to think it would be rubberized. They are original Hcigar covers. The Yellow one that came on my mod was rubberized, so was the one a buddy of mine bought separately. Seems like they are just the same covers that come on the mods.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit. If I thought for a minute the Black one bought separately was rubberized, I'd buy one because I prefer the feeling over the metallic

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well we have seen all of the black covers coming with the VT133 as non-rubberized. But we don't know anybody who purchased the black cover separately. Although @CharTech did purchase one (on June 6th) from Fasttech and we are waiting to hear when they get it if it is rubberized or not.
I purchased the black cover separately. It's mettalic and not rubberized.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't see any reason to think it would be rubberized. They are original Hcigar covers. The Yellow one that came on my mod was rubberized, so was the one a buddy of mine bought separately. Seems like they are just the same covers that come on the mods.

Edit. If I thought for a minute the Black one bought separately was rubberized, I'd buy one because I prefer the feeling over the metallic
Yes you would think, but you know how that works sometimes. And Deucesjack says this time it is what you would think. Tomorrow that could change.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some places call the Red one Orange. I can see why because my Red looks Reddish Orange depending on the light. Vape NW also had the Red one listed as Orange.

Cheers,
Steve

PS It's a good find, finding a place with the covers though. Seems like stock on the VT133's and covers is getting thin.

Edit I can't figure out why they have Red and Orange listed. There is no way the Yellow looks Orange, at least mine doesn't. That's a head scratcher.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some places call the Red one Orange. I can see why because my Red looks Reddish Orange depending on the light. Vape NW also had the Red one listed as Orange.
That is what I first thought too. But they already list a red one. So the orange one must be something else.

dscl

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok got my vt133 today, since this is my first DNA200 mod Im a total noob. I loaded @Wingsfan0310 file to the device, I figured out how to change profiles and have selected powermode but the device keeps showing "check atomizer" when hit the fire but, I've tried two different addy's both running Kanthal and the same thing happens. Hoping it's user error and not the device is not working.:(

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make sure the 510 pin on the VT133 is freely moving up and down. If it is hook your mod up to Escribe and click on the atomizer analyzer in the general tab and see what the resistance is. Make sure you have 2 cells selected in the mod tab. Lithium Polymer batteries. Around .004 resistance for the mod. I'm not at home atm but that's all I can think of at this time.

PS. Do the atomizers work on your other mods?

Cheers,
Steve

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok got my vt133 today, since this is my first DNA200 mod Im a total noob. I loaded @Wingsfan0310 file to the device, I figured out how to change profiles and have selected powermode but the device keeps showing "check atomizer" when hit the fire but, I've tried two different addy's both running Kanthal and the same thing happens. Hoping it's user error and not the device is not working.:(
Ol Steve will get ya up and runnin.....!

dscl

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for or the help

Pin is moving up and down.
Analyzer is just giving me a bunch of "?" as read outs.
2 cell Lithium Polymer batteries. Around .004 resistance for the mod are all there.

Yep all the atty's are working on other mods, just tried them on two of mine.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for or the help

Pin is moving up and down.
Analyzer is just giving me a bunch of "?" as read outs.
2 cell Lithium Polymer batteries. Around .004 resistance for the mod are all there.

Yep all the atty's are working on other mods, just tried them on two of mine.
I just thought of one last thing, make sure the three hex screws on the 510 plate at the top of the mod are tight. I'm trying to think of what else to tell you to try, but I'm coming up blank.

Cheers,
Steve

VU Sponsors