Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so ummmm... yeah 316ss single coil fused Clapton is more irradic than my exwife

--I still like it :teehee: and it still stays close to temp. View attachment 53638 View attachment 53639
That's about how I remember my 316L. I was thinking maybe I had a bad batch of wire or was loosing my mind. You see why I like SS430, it's pretty much a flat line, same as Ti01, and Ni200. Thanks buddy, I appreciate you checking.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's about how I remember my 316L. I was thinking maybe I had a bad batch of wire or was loosing my mind. You see why I like SS430, it's pretty much a flat line, same as Ti01, and Ni200. Thanks buddy, I appreciate you checking.

Cheers,
Steve
it is, the flavor from this wire is just amazing; and, I don't have the time or patience to wrap crazy builds. So, I'm staying on team 316- lmao

BulletStopper

Member For 4 Years
Built the mutation that came with the second vt133 today. SS316l. Forgot how much I like mutations. I know people don't care for them it seems. This version is really nice. Both from ecig of course. 3 days to me as well.
db1754bf21dcc22707d04648d12c830e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully mine will only take 3 days also. The tracking shows a week. I think I could walk there and back in a week.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I feel like a bit of a dummy, but how do you change modes on this device? I updated the device with Wings' settings, and now it's in NI200 mode, and I can't figure out how to change it back to power mode. lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I feel like a bit of a dummy, but how do you change modes on this device? I updated the device with Wings' settings, and now it's in NI200 mode, and I can't figure out how to change it back to power mode. lol
Hold down the + and - button until you see either Temperature lock or power locked. Then click either the + or - button twice to get to the profiles. Each additional click will take you to the next profile. When you get to the one you want, click the fire button.

Cheers,
Steve

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hold down the + and - button until you see either Temperature lock or power locked. Then click either the + or - button twice to get to the profiles. Each additional click will take you to the next profile. When you get to the one you want, click the fire button.

Cheers,
Steve
Ah, that's what I was doing wrong. The included directions gave me the impression that I was supposed to click both the +/- buttons twice. Thanks for clearing that up. Btw, I like your settings file. Very useful as a starting point while I get everything figured out and decide how much customization I want to do myself. Thanks!

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A question for the people who have bought the extra battery covers. Are they any more of a snug fit at the top and bottom than the ones that come with the mods? It's nit picking, but there's a little gap at the top/bottom of this silver battery door which creates a little movement I wish wasn't there.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Definitely great minds. Can't wait to get home and put a build in my avocado and fire it up. Let me know how you like it.
I hope you have better luck with your 24. I found it a real PiTA to wick and my AFC is very loose once a little juice/condensation gets around it.
I gave up on the dry hitting single coil build and had to go to a dual. Taking the tank apart so I could make sure there was not too much Rayon in the deck holes keeping it straight and fluffed in the tank.. If the Limitless had a single coil option it would be a better RDTA IMHO.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A question for the people who have bought the extra battery covers. Are they any more of a snug fit at the top and bottom than the ones that come with the mods? It's nit picking, but there's a little gap at the top/bottom of this silver battery door which creates a little movement I wish wasn't there.
My black door was the same.
The Yellow one still has the gaps but the coating on it is rubbery and doesn't move as easy.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I also had to tighten the 510 connector down, I thought the SQuape X had a problem with it's base o-ring as it was starting to make a little clack sound and had a slight movement. It was actually the 510 connector on the VT133, a quick snug of the Allen screws fixed the problem right up.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
mine seems slightly more snug.... not much but I did notice a tighter fit.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hope you have better luck with your 24. I found it a real PiTA to wick and my AFC is very loose once a little juice/condensation gets around it.
I gave up on the dry hitting single coil build and had to go to a dual. Taking the tank apart so I could make sure there was not too much Rayon in the deck holes keeping it straight and fluffed in the tank.. If the Limitless had a single coil option it would be a better RDTA IMHO.
I'll let you know how it goes for me. Just been so busy haven't had a chance to build it yet :gaah:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems like the coating on the Blue, Red, Yellow , and Green doors make them fit more snugly as TD already mentioned. One tip is if your battery cover seems loose, remove the cover and gently squeeze the ends together. That will tighten the fit.

Cheers,
Steve

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
it is, the flavor from this wire is just amazing; and, I don't have the time or patience to wrap crazy builds. So, I'm staying on team 316- lmao
Where are you guys getting it from? I've only used 316l and I have about 400 ft left. It's all I use anymore but if there's really a diff in the other is give it a shot.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where are you guys getting it from? I've only used 316l and I have about 400 ft left. It's all I use anymore but if there's really a diff in the other is give it a shot.

I'm getting my SS430 from Unkamen Supplies if that's what your talking about. They are in Missouri, I've had good experiences when ordering from them. It's a good deal as well imo, 200 feet of Nickel free SS430 for $10.
http://www.unkamensupplies.com/prod...e-nickel-free-introductory-sale-100-guarantee

Cheers,
Steve

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm getting my SS430 from Unkamen Supplies if that's what your talking about. They are in Missouri, I've had good experiences when ordering from them. It's a good deal as well imo, 200 feet of Nickel free SS430 for $10.
http://www.unkamensupplies.com/prod...e-nickel-free-introductory-sale-100-guarantee

Cheers,
Steve
I would like to see LV carry 430ss. They have a sale on right now so I'll get me some Ni tempered. Would like to see Unkamen carry some in 26g. I guess 28g would do me just fine. That's a lifetime sized roll they have.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't let the 28ga fool you. It's not like having 28ga in Ni200.-For lack of a better word, it's tough and just a bit springy. I usually lightly torch it with a regular Bic lighter before coiling it. It lasts quite a few wick changes for me. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind seeing them carry 26ga myself. I guess I'm just saying I'm happy with it.

Cheers,
Steve

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Wingsfan0310 I didn't go back to see exactly what you said about a possible 316l software fix, but was wondering if it does happen, would 430ss even be worth having being that it seems to be least commonly used...If in the end with an update, would the two vape the same. Just trying to figure out If I even need 430ss.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Wingsfan0310 I didn't go back to see exactly what you said about a possible 316l software fix, but was wondering if it does happen, would 430ss even be worth having being that it seems to be least commonly used...If in the end with an update, would the two vape the same. Just trying to figure out If I even need 430ss.
Well I can't say for sure. What happened was Evolve had an experimental firmware when the DNA75 was being Beta tested. I hear it smoothed out the 316 TC graph. The problem was a few people loaded it on their DNA200 and it ended up Bricking the boards.

I'm just guessing Evolve is working on it to release for us. I don't have any inside information so I can't make any promises. I also never used it so I'm just going by what I read. Wish I could say for sure one way or the other which would be the best way to go.

I guess as long as 316 is working well for you, I'd just wait a bit. I bought it because I wanted to try it. I like to experiment and tinker. Heck if I found some SS410, I'd try that because it has an even higher TCR than 430 (I've never seen 410).

The way I look at it is I prefer SS but it has a very low TCR so if I can find a grade with a bigger TCR, I'm willing to try it. The bigger the TCR, the more change in resistance, the easier it is for the mod to be more accurate.

All that typing and no real answer lol.

Cheers,
Steve

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would like to see LV carry 430ss. They have a sale on right now so I'll get me some Ni tempered. Would like to see Unkamen carry some in 26g. I guess 28g would do me just fine. That's a lifetime sized roll they have.
So would I, that's why I had to get another 250 ft of 316 during the sale. Wish they carried it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's great to know. I originally was looking in to getting the duo. Now me thinks not...I think I may get another VT133, umm, for my wife, yea, for my wife.
That's why I bought a second. Oh wait I'm divorced lol. Yeah my Duo is in a drawer and has been since the first vt133 came. Take that for what it's worth.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Matchy, Matchy :D Not really a great picture. I just finished rebuilding my SS Aromamizer Supreme and put a brand new Blue glass on it. It's dark and the flash was playing havoc (so I turned it off). I'll re-shoot the picture tomorrow with some natural light. I was bored and decided to play.

IMG_20160609_221352_zpso5poov63.jpg
IMG_20160610_095301_zpskglm5uoh.jpg

Updated picture from today with natural light (on the right). Is it live or is it Memorex (you have to be old like me to get that reference :D:p:giggle:)

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my VT133 yesterday from ecig.com. Loaded up Steve's presets and working like a champ. Being my first evolv mod, I'm still trying to grasp the nuances of whole preheat functions. @Wingsfan0310, Thanks for the presets.
Your Welcome, I'm glad you are finding them helpful. The way I look at power and preheat in TC is: The bigger your coils, thicker your wire (more metal mass) and higher your preferred temperature. The higher your wattage and preheat needs to be to get you to your set temperature.

I use SS430 28ga, simple dual coil setup. It's relatively thin wire without much mass (2.5-3.0 mm coils, 8-10 wraps). I use 30 watts with 60 watts preheat, 5 punch, 1 second. I usually use about twice the power for preheat as I do my wattage. The only exception for me is with 316L SS since i found basically shutting preheat off made my TC graph smoother (I'm not saying it's the right way to do it, just the way I prefer).

As for TC in general (I know you didn't ask):
The temperature you set controls how hot your vape will be.
Wattage controls how fast you will get there (ramp-up time).
Once you reach your set temperature, the mod will vary power to keep you there.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SS430? Can't say i ever even thought about it.. why do you like it over 316L.. Also isn't 28g kinda thin and springy? Will I get better temp control with SS430?
I prefer it because it has about a 50% higher TCR than 316 which makes for a flatter TC graph. Back a page or 3 Firebird posted a TC graph for 316 and I posted 2 for SS430. You can check them out if you are curious.

I bought 28ga SS430 because that's the only size Unkamen Supplies carries (at least at that time, I haven't checked lately). It is springy but I lightly torch it with a regular Bic lighter before coiling and it takes the springiness out of it. It's easy to work with after that.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit SS 316/317 is at the very low end of what our mods can TC accurately. Because of that I found 316 to be finicky. YMMV

TCR-500x281.jpg

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This may sound like a stupid question but has anyone found a way to connect the device to USB without charging? Reason I ask, most of the research I have done has indicated that charging by USB isn't recommended for multiple 18650 mods. Or am I wrong?

And before anyone asks, reason for doing so is to use the Escribe software only for changes/monitoring and not charging. :)

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey Steve, quick question. When I have my vt133 with fully charged hg2 in it. It shows full battery but when I load the profiles you posted onto it, it shows half battery bar. Found this weird??? Any help is much appreciated. @Wingsfan0310

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This may sound like a stupid question but has anyone found a way to connect the device to USB without charging? Reason I ask, most of the research I have done has indicated that charging by USB isn't recommended for multiple 18650 mods. Or am I wrong?

And before anyone asks, reason for doing so is to use the Escribe software only for changes/monitoring and not charging. :)
I don't think it will hurt while you're in escribe if it charges a little.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't think it will hurt while you're in escribe if it charges a little.
I agree with SteelDriver but if you really want to shut charging off you can do it in the device monitor of Escribe. In the lower right hand corner click on "Diagnostics" then click on "Set USB Current Limit". Set the current to 0 amps. That should shut down the charging.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Steve, quick question. When I have my vt133 with fully charged hg2 in it. It shows full battery but when I load the profiles you posted onto it, it shows half battery bar. Found this weird??? Any help is much appreciated. @Wingsfan0310
I charge my batteries in a XTAR VC4 external charger, when I put them in my mod, the bar shows as full. Check your watt hours to make sure they are set to 22.2WH also make sure you have 2 cells selected and Lithium Polymer as battery type. That's all I can think of atm.
PS Well I do know there were some fake/bad HG2's going around, I would hate to think that's the problem. After charging can you check the batteries voltage with a Volt Meter?

upload_2016-6-10_17-30-39.png

Let me know if any of this helps.

Cheers,
Steve

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I charge my batteries in a XTAR VC4 external charger, when I put them in my mod, the bar shows as full. Check your watt hours to make sure they are set to 22.2WH also make sure you have 2 cells selected and Lithium Polymer as battery type. That's all I can think of atm.
PS Well I do know there were some fake/bad HG2's going around, I would hate to think that's the problem. After charging can you check the batteries voltage with a Volt Meter?

View attachment 53794

Let me know if any of this helps.

Cheers,
Steve
The weirdest shit is happening. Now there showing a full charge. Huh must have been a glitch I'm geussing. All is fine now. I checked the watt hours and battery specs are all set right. Idk what it was but now it's showing a full charge. And I'm pretty sure I have authentic hg2. I bought from a reputable dealer and have checked them with volt meter before because of the scare with fakes. But all is good now. Thanks for the quick help steve.

VU Sponsors