Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The weirdest shit is happening. Now there showing a full charge. Huh must have been a glitch I'm geussing. All is fine now. I checked the watt hours and battery specs are all set right. Idk what it was but now it's showing a full charge. And I'm pretty sure I have authentic hg2. I bought from a reputable dealer and have checked them with volt meter before because of the scare with fakes. But all is good now. Thanks for the quick help steve.
I have one other suggestion, try cleaning your battery contacts with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing Alcohol (not dripping wet). You can also clean the contacts on the batteries themselves. If you have contact cleaner that will work too. That's just what I would try. You can hold off on that if you don't get that glitch/problem again. I just thinking out loud here.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit Maybe the batteries weren't in the contacts quite right. Like I said, I'm just thinking out loud. Keep and eye on it and let us know if the issue repeats itself.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have one other suggestion, try cleaning your battery contacts with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing Alcohol (not dripping wet). You can also clean the contacts on the batteries themselves. If you have contact cleaner that will work too. That's just what I would try. You can hold off on that if you don't get that glitch/problem again. I just thinking out loud here.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit Maybe the batteries weren't in the contacts quite right. Like I said, I'm just thinking out loud. Keep and eye on it and let us know if the issue repeats itself.
Yeah I will clean contacts and make sure battery's are making good contact. Will let you know if it happens again. Thanks again steve. You really do make life so much easier for us dna/escribe newbees... much appreciated.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I will clean contacts and make sure battery's are making good contact. Will let you know if it happens again. Thanks again steve. You really do make life so much easier for us dna/escribe newbees... much appreciated.
Thanks for the kind words, they are very much appreciated. Just trying to be helpful. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This may sound like a stupid question but has anyone found a way to connect the device to USB without charging? Reason I ask, most of the research I have done has indicated that charging by USB isn't recommended for multiple 18650 mods. Or am I wrong?

And before anyone asks, reason for doing so is to use the Escribe software only for changes/monitoring and not charging. :)
it wouldn't hurt, If youre connecting to escribe....or you can just take the batteries out when youre connecting

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's cool buddy, just got in under the wire. :bliss:

@Deucesjack I'm LMAO, I knew they were going to run out (It's an inside joke). I'm going to regret cancelling my fourth one on Memorial Day Weekend :eek::D:giggle:

Cheers,
Steve
Lmfao, yeah that was bound to happen the way you and I have been pumping that mod. Glad I got 2 while the getting was good. Hcigar or ecig should send you and I a commission check. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh good. They are OOS, The temptation to purchase again has been lifted. Now I'll be stalking to see when they are back in.
LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing.

This is me: Good, now I won't be tempted to order another one (I was very tempted, I had a plan in the works). Two minutes later (OK more like 2 seconds), I wonder when they will get them back in stock :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When vt133 is purchased from ecig do they have the latest escribe update for the firmware or should I go onto evolv website and download the latest version. Or do I not know what I'm talking about? Lol.. Im assuming there are updates threw evolv.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When vt133 is purchased from ecig do they have the latest escribe update for the firmware or should I go onto evolv website and download the latest version. Or do I not know what I'm talking about? Lol.. Im assuming there are updates threw evolv.
Mine had the latest version of Firmware and Escribe. On Escribe click the help tab at the very top, then "About Escribe". A window should pop up telling you it's Version 1.0.42. For the firmware, hook up your mod to Escribe and at the bottom of the device monitor it should tell you your Firmware version, mine is 2016- 02-23.

Here's the link to the early firmware when it's released:
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/early-firmware-7508618?pid=1291935653

It says the latest is 2016-02-29 but I tried the other night and it's still the 2016-02-23.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I also have this thread here I try to keep updated with the latest firmware:
Evolv Releases a New Test Firmware Update For The DNA200

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mine had the latest version of Firmware and Escribe. On Escribe click the help tab at the very top, then "About Escribe". A window should pop up telling you it's Version 1.0.42. For the firmware, hook up your mod to Escribe and at the bottom of the device monitor it should tell you your Firmware version, mine is 2016- 02-23.

Here's the link to the early firmware when it's released:
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/early-firmware-7508618?pid=1291935653

It says the latest is 2016-02-29 but I tried the other night and it's still the 2016-02-23.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I also have this thread here I try to keep updated with the latest firmware:
Evolv Releases a New Test Firmware Update For The DNA200
Will check..thanks

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evolv said this one is ok to use too. SetupES_2016-05-06_DNA75 (1.0.56.0). It works for both the DNA75 and 200. It does not contain the firmware for the DNA200 though.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Steve, I was able to download your settings using a new laptop I bought with Win10, for the life of me I still don't know how it worked. I saved your links to downloads, when I plugged the 133 in, your download was in the evolv folder. No idea how that happened, but then again I haven't mastered Win10 yet either.....:vino:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve, I was able to download your settings using a new laptop I bought with Win10, for the life of me I still don't know how it worked. I saved your links to downloads, when I plugged the 133 in, your download was in the evolv folder. No idea how that happened, but then again I haven't mastered Win10 yet either.....:vino:
Nice. Sounds like you are all set. Let me know what you think when you get it loaded. I hope you like it! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Took a while to figure out the evolv software....well actually I haven't had time to figure it out, but it was a breeze uploading your settings, which are just about the same as I prefer anyway. I think it may take the better part of a day to understand all the software options. Time I haven't had. Hopefully this weekend.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow out of stock guess I just got mine in too. 2 days with this and I'm thinking build quality is VERY GOOD. See about finish but loving it so far. Especially when you consider 80 bucks it was a steal. I watched several reviews when it came out and it seems like they changed or did some stuff different. I had a vt200 for couple months and loved it except for battery life and this thing cures that. I thought the 133 wouldn't be as comfortable in hand but it is and that's what I really liked about the 200. Think I'll fancy my duo up with some nice real wood panels and make it my at home mod. Then figure out how I'm going to order another one of these when back in Stock.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow out of stock guess I just got mine in too. 2 days with this and I'm thinking build quality is VERY GOOD. See about finish but loving it so far. Especially when you consider 80 bucks it was a steal. I watched several reviews when it came out and it seems like they changed or did some stuff different. I had a vt200 for couple months and loved it except for battery life and this thing cures that. I thought the 133 wouldn't be as comfortable in hand but it is and that's what I really liked about the 200. Think I'll fancy my duo up with some nice real wood panels and make it my at home mod. Then figure out how I'm going to order another one of these when back in Stock.
I agree with you. I started this thread back in December. The mod looked ok, but it took awhile before I finally bought one. I'm not sure quite what it is about it, but it is special. Just looking at the pictures that were around (manufacturer) it didn't seem like anything all that special. Once you get one and use it, it's hard to put down. This mod just has the intangibles that are hard to explain or covey in pictures. I think some of the pictures in this thread are also better than the professional pictures I have seen. I know I've personally went out of my way in an attempt to help people with this mod in ways that I haven't done before. To me it's just a special mod and it was a steal at ~$80.

Cheers,
Steve

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, that was quick. :(

AfMTBLX.jpg

For people just getting their VT133, I would recommend having a dedicated pocket for it. No keys or anything else that could scratch up the battery cover.

For people that have bought the black cover, would you say it has a similar flimsy coating that could scratch easily? I really wish the black cover had the rubbery coating of the other colors. The blue looks ok, I just don't really like bright colors on my mods.

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree with you. I started this thread back in December. The mod looked ok, but it took awhile before I finally bought one. I'm not sure quite what it is about it, but it is special. Just looking at the pictures that were around (manufacturer) it didn't seem like anything all that special. Once you get one and use it, it's hard to put down. This mod just has the intangibles that are hard to explain or covey in pictures. I think some of the pictures in this thread are also better than the professional pictures I have seen. I know I've personally went out of my way in an attempt to help people with this mod in ways that I haven't done before. To me it's just a special mod and it was a steal at ~$80.

Cheers,
Steve
I'm one of those, Steve. I think you know that. I never even entertained the idea of owning one until your posts. It's very hard to explain what it is about this mod. It is way, way above what I expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

AfMTBLX.jpg

For people just getting their VT133, I would recommend having a dedicated pocket for it. No keys or anything else that could scratch up the battery cover.

For people that have bought the black cover, would you say it has a similar flimsy coating that could scratch easily? I really wish the black cover had the rubbery coating of the other colors. The blue looks ok, I just don't really like bright colors on my mods.

They really should have figured out how to do the black and silver in the same way as the colors. I'd get black if they did. I'm not fond of bright colors, either but the blue grew on my right away.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I try to never pocket any of my mods and definitely not with anything metal don't want to be the next news story about exploding mod lol. I would get another cover take that one sand manually or sand blast and paint that sucker what ever color I wanted.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must be the odd ball here but I like the bright colors on the black frame. Most of my mods have been Black. As it turns out my favorite mods are these with the bright color covers and my Blood Red Lavabox. I haven;t had any problems with chipping or scratching and I don't baby my mods either. Must just be lucky I guess. Now if I could get that luck to transfer over to my Power Ball ticket, everything will be golden :D:giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I must be the odd ball here but I like the bright colors on the black frame. Most of my mods have been Black. As it turns out my favorite mods are these with the bright color covers and my Blood Red Lavabox. I haven;t had any problems with chipping or scratching and I don't baby my mods either. Must just be lucky I guess. Now if I could get that luck to transfer over to my Power Ball ticket, everything will be golden :D:giggle:

Cheers,
Steve
Yeah, I keep my mod in my pocket all the time with the black and silver color. It's in there with my knife and keys. Never got a scratch. My VF Classic is a different story though. That thing is all scratched up. Wish they would have made that one in SS. I also have an ADC that I keep the VT in. Still no scratches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

AfMTBLX.jpg

Oh man! I am sorry to hear that. I bought my first one back in April and later I got three more and all of the door colors. I haven't been careful with any of mine and nothing happened except the black frame ones have showed very small wear on the bottom from sliding on tables.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I watched the reviews some of the reviewers complained about the fit and finish. They showed were panels didn't line up. Those must have been the sample vt133 because my 2 vt133 are flawless and panels line up perfect. That's what I was worried about. But so far I've been loving this thing and it's now my primary mod. It was my first DNA 200 and I should have got one earlier. Just waiting on my green battery cover to show up and trying to learn escribe...lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They really should have figured out how to do the black and silver in the same way as the colors. I'd get black if they did. I'm not fond of bright colors, either but the blue grew on my right away.

I have a theory on why the Black and Silver doors have the metallic texture instead if the rubbery texture of the brightly colored doors.

I would bet it's because the frames of the VT133 are either Silver or Black. The Silver and Black doors would have to color match the frames or they would look bad (2 different shades). The brightly colored doors didn't have to color match a frame so they were free to use a different type of paint. That's what makes the most sense to me anyway.

Cheers,
Steve

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a theory on why the Black and Silver doors have the metallic texture instead if the rubbery texture of the brightly colored doors.

I would bet it's because the frames of the VT133 are either Silver or Black. The Silver and Black doors would have to color match the frames or they would look bad (2 different shades). The brightly colored doors didn't have to color match a frame so they were free to use a different type of paint. That's what makes the most sense to me anyway.
I first thought so too. But the silver frame and the silver door doesn't match well (the shades are different). Although the black on black looks good.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I first thought so too. But the silver frame and the silver door doesn't match well (the shades are different). Although the black on black looks good.
Don't go ruining my well thought out theory with facts :D:giggle::giggle:.

I don't have any with the Silver frame but do have the Black on Black so that's just what made sense to me.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is why I was excited to get one with a silver cover to go with my silver VT133. Oddly enough it doesn't look as good as I thought it would. o_O
Well in an attempt to save my theory, maybe the Silver frame faded due to UV exposure before you got the door :giggle::giggle::giggle:. I'm just messing around Bill. I'm just trying to make sense of why they didn't do all the doors in the same type/texture of paint.

On a serious note, I do know if you get a part to put on something that has been used for awhile, the shades often don't match. For example I was looking at a review of the 1300mah extender kit for the Lavabox (I think it was Mike Vapes). In it, his only negative was the new Black extender plate didn't have the exact shade to match his used Black Lavabox's frame.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess it isn't downright horrible. :huh:

AaHqdk1.jpg

Since you have both color frames, I wonder if person it looks the same as it does to me. I really prefer the Black frame. It just seems like it matches all the colors of the doors better. I just like the look of the Black frame better period. It could just be the pictures, that's why I wonder if in person it's that way to you? Could also just be personal preference on my part.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit Out of all those pictures the Silver on Silver looks the best to me though (I mean if I had a Silver frame)

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Since you have both color frames, I wonder if person it looks the same as it does to me. I really prefer the Black frame. It just seems like it matches all the colors of the doors better. I just like the look of the Black frame better period. It could just be the pictures, that's why I wonder if in person it's that way to you? Could also just be personal preference on my part.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit Out of all those pictures the Silver on Silver looks the best to me though (I mean if I had a Silver frame)
I love the black frame to. But I personally love all blacked out mods. All my mods are black except the rx200s which they only had silver and gray presales. All my tanks and rdas are black besides 2. Just love the stealth black out look.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the VT133 first came out, we didn't have a choice as they only came in silver/black and that is it. The black frame one with all of the door covers came out later. I like them both myself, but if I could only have one, it would probably be the black framed one. I did think the silver ones would hold up better against wear and tear. But as @rchmx showed us, that probably isn't so. :grumpy:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Cheers,
Steve
You're not odd, I like the bright colors too. The black and blue look fantastic.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
View attachment 53851

Great idea! I already have some of this:
I'm going to use the Dip spray for my silver door. The best thing about using the rubberized spray is, no need to scuff it. AND, if you don't like the results, you can peel it off with ease leaving you with the original finish.
I am also thinking of using some high quality carbon fiber vinyl wrap I have. I am hesitant because it will look great when first applied, but with how you need to squeeze the clam shell for a better grip, it may not workout so well. I have a ton of it so I'll give it a go anyhow.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good ideas here about what to do with the cheaply painted silver cover of mine. I'm glad other peoples' covers have held up better. I guess I was just spoiled with how impervious my Sig 100 was to scratches.

I like the idea of sanding it down and repainting it. Maybe I'll get one of the local artists here to paint it up with a cool design.

And I'm starting to warm up to the idea of the blue. It seems to look pretty good with the black frame. Maybe I'll get one black and one blue cover on a future order.

Regardless, I'm loving this mod. I think my Sig will get put in a drawer and just kept as a backup. This mod is just too good to put down.

VU Sponsors