Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey @Wingsfan0310 what happens if you accidentally load a pdf file onto your device. I was loading your updated setting for my vt133 and forgot to make it a ecig file. I caught myself and changed it to a ecig file and reloaded it. Just wondering what can happen if anything. Don't want to damage my mod. And this might be a dum question but im curious. Doesn't seem like it did anything. Thanks
That's a first for me, no one has ever asked me that before. I don't think anything would happen because I don't think it would load the file since it's not an Ecig file. I never tried it.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit It's the same file either way, just with a different extension. I really think you are fine

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
VT133 Stealth Mode Black Ops.
995350b0055a4e3615db09695a411ce3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's a first for me, no one has ever asked me that before. I don't think anything would happen because I don't think it would load the file since it's not an Ecig file. I never tried it.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit It's the same file either way, just with a different extension. I really think you are fine
Yeah for some reason it let me load it. I changed it though. I thought that might be a weird question...lol no harm no foul.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't want Steve to think I'm stalking him since he's been kindly helping me via PM... but wanted to know why you guys are using SS430 vs SS316L ... so did a search in all of VU so I wouldn't have to interrupt here, but most of the 430 links were to this thread. :D So Steve... you can't get away from me. ;)

1. From back-reading here it sounds like 430 is preferred b/c it's more responsive to temp flux than 316L?? Do I have that right?

2. When I got Ti from Unkamen in the past, the one thing I didn't like was I needed to wipe it down with alcohol b/c it had machine oil since he sells for the purpose of jewelry making, not vaping. When I switched to SS I started buying Master of Clouds, which is clean and I really like it. But they don't sell 430. Does the Unkamen 430 need wiping down?

3. How springy is 430 28g compared to 26g 316L?

If these things have been covered somewhere in the previous 55 pages I apologize. ...Also please stop recommending the VT133 until ecig gets them back in stock and I can get one.... :D :cheers:

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't want Steve to think I'm stalking him since he's been kindly helping me via PM... but wanted to know why you guys are using SS430 vs SS316L ... so did a search in all of VU so I wouldn't have to interrupt here, but most of the 430 links were to this thread. :D So Steve... you can't get away from me. ;)

1. From back-reading here it sounds like 430 is preferred b/c it's more responsive to temp flux than 316L?? Do I have that right?

2. When I got Ti from Unkamen in the past, the one thing I didn't like was I needed to wipe it down with alcohol b/c it had machine oil since he sells for the purpose of jewelry making, not vaping. When I switched to SS I started buying Master of Clouds, which is clean and I really like it. But they don't sell 430. Does the Unkamen 430 need wiping down?

If these things have been covered somewhere in the previous 55 pages I apologize. ...Also please stop recommending the VT133 until ecig gets them back in stock and I can get one.... :D :cheers:
If you want VT133 just FIND STEVE Stash and get one ... he has all the color and more than one ;)

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys, what is TCR value for 316L for this VT133 as I was reading that http://www.djlsbvapes.com/dna200/
"CR: 404ºF
(0.00100 instead of 0.00092 DNA200 doesn’t allow that TCR)"

I wasn't sure thought let's ask the value and how to read /get this value from Steam-Engine ? as it's has but I am not sure which one I need to select please advice. Thanks a lot

View attachment 57381
There was a firmware update that now allows TCR's down to .0008. I believe Daniel wrote that before the update came out.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

For now I'll leave you with this Chart. I'm running late so I'll edit this post in about an hour to answer the questions
Edit
1. I prefer SS430 because it's TCR is about 50% higher than 316 and 317. Those 2 are at the low end of what our mods can accurately TC. Higher TCR equals more resistance change, easier for the mods to be more accurate. If you look back in the thread you will see TC graphs posted of the different wires. Unkamen SS430 is always a pretty flat line.

2. Mine comes clean. I haven't noticed an oily residue. If anyone else has please chime in.

3. It's pretty springy. I gently torch mine with a regular Bic lighter. I just get it to barely glow and move on down the piece I'm going to use. It's not absolutely necessary but I find it takes the springyness out and makes it easier to work with.

T0cBNE5.jpg
Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This might be a dummy question but could anyone please tell me is SS316L same as SS316 annealed (I bought from TemCo ebay.com/itm/TEMCo-Stainless-Steel-Wire-316L-26-Gauge-50-FT-Non-Resistance-AWG-ga-/381608373376 but I noticed it doesn't says on roll 316L) ?

They are very reliable and California base company. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This might be a dummy question but could anyone please tell me is SS316L same as SS316 annealed (I bought from TemCo but I noticed it doesn't says on roll 316L) ?

They are very reliable and California base company. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

They are not the same,
very similar to where for out purposes almost interchangeable but still not the same

316=00.000880
316l-00.000879

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This might be a dummy question but could anyone please tell me is SS316L same as SS316 annealed (I bought from TemCo

all of my 316'L' wire from temco is just labeled '316' + 'annealed' Not sure if they have regular 316 actually.

Annealed just refers to the wire having been 'heat treated'

I like the wire from TEMCO , never ever had any issues with it . I can't see the picture it looks like you posted however .. it sounds as tho the wire you have is 316L - will be fine

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
all of my 316'L' wire from temco is just labeled '316' + 'annealed' Not sure if they have regular 316 actually.

Annealed just refers to the wire having been 'heat treated'

I like the wire from TEMCO , never ever had any issues with it . I can't see the picture it looks like you posted however .. it sounds as tho the wire you have is 316L - will be fine
Thanks guys I really appreciate your responses but I wasn't sure as never had tried any other SS 316L wire only TEMCO so TCR for TEMCO labeled '316' + 'annealed' is still 0.00092 right? Thanks

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, .00092 is the TCR. Are you having issues using that TCR?

Cheers,
Steve
Not really beside, I did cotton burn test with TEMCO SS316L 24G on Boreas it's work fine cotton didn't burn but when I did the same type of test on Crown Cotton burned (test failed).

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alot of these companies are changing little stuff on their products right now I'm sure it has to do with not being able to change anything after 8th August. But watch out aromamizer supreme seems to have different afc on some. Watched Fagan yesterday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alot of these companies are changing little stuff on their products right now I'm sure it has to do with not being able to change anything after 8th August. But watch out aromamizer supreme seems to have different afc on some. Watched Fagan yesterday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I think the Supreme he showed on the Supreme Lite review that had the different airflow control was the first samples they made. They changed it before it was sold to the current style. The first pictures before it was released had the different sized circles. They actually had to delay it because they changed it.

Cheers,
Steve

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We here is the CW response to the Ss wire.

I am sorry to hear of this issue.

I kust say that I have never been made aware of a problem with this, or any other batch, of 430 grade wire. In fact the quality of all of our stainless steel wire is well known to eBay excellent because we use it in the production of our mesh.

I will of course check the batch and will respond.

My apologies. We will resolve the matter tomorrowAM once I have checked the wire in question.

Chris Platt TMC

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I kust say that I have never been made aware of a problem with this, or any other batch, of 430 grade wire. In fact the quality of all of our stainless steel wire is well known to eBay excellent because we use it in the production of our mesh.

My apologies. We will resolve the matter tomorrowAM once I have checked the wire in question.

Chris Platt TMC

I just checked my Email and got the identical response word for word.

He can say it's the best wire on the planet and that won't change my opinion. I know what my graphs are. I know I had to crank up the TCR to get any vape. I also know it has an off taste.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't shoot the messenger :giggle:
As you know I wasn't very kind in my email to them about this situation:cuss2:
I hear you mt friend. I was saying I'm not entirely thrilled with his response. Since we got the exact same response it feels like a form letter. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions until I hear back from him.

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Chris Platt TMC
they can suck an egg

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For now I'll leave you with this Chart. I'm running late so I'll edit this post in about an hour to answer the questions
Edit
1. I prefer SS430 because it's TCR is about 50% higher than 316 and 317. Those 2 are at the low end of what our mods can accurately TC. Higher TCR equals more resistance change, easier for the mods to be more accurate. If you look back in the thread you will see TC graphs posted of the different wires. Unkamen SS430 is always a pretty flat line.

2. Mine comes clean. I haven't noticed an oily residue. If anyone else has please chime in.

3. It's pretty springy. I gently torch mine with a regular Bic lighter. I just get it to barely glow and move on down the piece I'm going to use. It's not absolutely necessary but I find it takes the springyness out and makes it easier to work with.

T0cBNE5.jpg
Cheers,
Steve

As always Steve, you are a fountain of knowledge delivered in clear, precise answers. Many thanks.

...Now if I could get a VT133 to go with my wire. :D

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah this is why I never got on the 0430 train to Moscow... or Italy.
the 316 graph doesn't look smooth but the vape is smooth.. versus the CW430 graph that looks like choppy and vapes like poopoo

so I guess ill try getting a spool from ukeman
Agreed, I stopped caring about graphs and started paying attention to vape...to my taste, the 317L that I use proved the better vape for me. The 430 in my opinion, just did not vape quite as well. This was 28G, s so probably more about guage than SS type for me

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
was Just checking in to see if possibly there was a response from CW, timing it seems was good (even if their reply was only lukewarm at best)
Guess we all wait to see if they can/will alleviate the issue.

Thanks BoostAddict, for the followup.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Steve says use PayPal so if you get screwed you can always open up a claim/dispute :p:giggle::devil:
was Just checking in to see if possibly there was a response from CW, timing it seems was good (even if their reply was only lukewarm at best)
Guess we all wait to see if they can/will alleviate the issue.

Thanks BoostAddict, for the followup.

No problem! Did your wire have a off taste also? My graph was good, just seemed like it tasted a little funky.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problem! Did your wire have a off taste also? My graph was good, just seemed like it tasted a little funky.

I had wiped mine down with alcohol prior ..did not notice a taste as was more concerned with that it did not seem to fire correctly , a bit anemic, will probably try again with it tomorrow .. but so far on the dna it was a no go.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, the first attempt at painting the silver VT133 cover green was a bust. I have no rattle can skills or am just too impatient, so I'll strip it and try again.

The used Lavabox deal fell through... :( Next target in the sights is a shiny new HOHM Wrecker G2 LE.

I know it's not DNA or a VT133 (keeping in line with the thread), but inquiring minds need to know, Yay or Nay?
I think it would be a perfect mod for a Limitless RDTA Plus. :D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Love the G2. One of my all time favorite mods. Vapor Cube, Hohmtech's factory store is selling refurbished ones for like $55. A couple people here bought them and they are really happy with them. Check the G2 thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've used SS 316 coils for my Wotofolo SteamEngine subohm tank and they were meant for VW mode only which was something I didn't know was being used in wattage mode but .26 dual SS 316 coil in the Steam Engine at 120W was better than TFV4 coils before the TF-T8 and TF-T4 new "beast coils" those trump the Uwell Crown (perhaps not in terms of flavor but def. vapor clouds). I had purchase the Uwell Crown Rose Gold subohm tank each coil replacement I had to make, the pliers were needed and eventually broke the tank parts. Apparently many Crown tanks stuck after using coils and attempting opening the tank for cleaning and coil replacement which I can't believe people are tolerating even if it is a nice tank in terms of vapor. and flavor production. I want the Crown 2 tank but am concerned it'll stick so much that I'll have to dig out the pliers again each time I take it apart. I dunno, the Crown was so awesome but pliers to remove all parts and the coil from being screwed in so badly is something I've never dealtt with and I've had to soak tanks in Isopropyl alcohol for a few mins, have it dry then simply return to taking it apart but I think the way it stuck was insane and shouldn't have been such a highly regarded tank since even the store told me that it's something the tank has that's problematic but otherwise it's good. I told him I know you can't let me return this but I'll take the Triton V2 Clapton tank since it was on sale and Aspire has only made one tank that didin't at least be okay for the meanwhile if I run out of coils, and that crap tank is called the Aspire Cleito. Designed AND produced in China while all other AsPire tanks are designed in the US and make in CHiina. .3ohm Kanthal coils were cloud chasers but had not taste at all. Still keep a pack of .3ohm Kanthal official Triton v2 coils for emergency coil shortagess or completely empty case of my orher coils. Aspire Atlantis 2 .3ohm coils are some of the worst and often make a poof of a small think vapor line. .5ohm coils work fine but I can't use such old and low resistance stuff any longer. I sold it to a relative for a five-bundle of 5 Vegas Classic 90-rated double corona Nicaraguan natural wrapper and all Nicaraguan grown Long filler tobaccos from 5 of the best Volcanic soil growing operations for tobacco in Nicaragua. Those are better than Monte Cristo No. 2 Cuban Cigars that my father brought from the DR for me. And they were excellent. Cigar people must try 5 Vegas Classic Red Band cigars espcially double corona size ones because for some reason there is more cocoa and coffee bean with almond flavor which is obvious and almost seems flavored throughout the cigar and no peppery finish which cause most Nicaraguan cigaer smokers to toss them with just under half of the stogie left. Honduran and Nicaraguan mixed stogies are the king. Hondurans and Nicaraguans just hit the US market about 14 years ago so it's very believeable that Cubans lost their exclusive title as the best. The embargo will be raised and many will see that 2 dollar Dark Shark Special indigenous broad lead wrapped medium bodied churchill 7"x50 "ring" which is the unit used and anything more than 50 ring is like a Kilbosa in your mouth. An Italian cock or something. I tried 54 ring smokes and realized how my ex's must've went through with my Palermo Pesidue. LMAO

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Amazon.com sells silicone sleeves of over 17 swirly multicolor snug as hell things that cover tops of deviess but leave room for oversized tanks and the company that sell the best ones for almost every mod if given one week waiting time for the company to make them, it'ss called directconnection and are always under 9.50 regardless of size or anything. I have one on my RX200"S" which their selection just hit the market a few days ago and it's lime green with black swirls. I popped a TVF8 on top to see if there was still room for it after the majority of tops of mods are coverd enough and snug enough without preventing simple removal for battery swapping etc and the giant TFV8 fit nicely. Anything larger though would probably not be suitable for those company's mods. But so far that's the widest tank. I have white and black swirl sleeve on my Hcigar VT200 DNA 200 mod which is black anyway, A red and black swirl sleeve ordered for my en route Koopor Primus 300W awesome triple parallel mod with ramp watt modes labeled simply. I postted a topic on it and am wait on the hate and want to know anything I may have missed. NOW I'm on 6mg a strong PTSD amd Anxiety medication but I was clear when I used the mod this afternoon.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have no idea where some people are buying their original Crown tanks. Like I have said on numerous occasions, I own 6 of them and I have never, ever had the problems some people are complaining about on multiple threads. Not only do I own 6 personally but my girl has 4 which brings the total to 10 Crown tanks that I have personal access and experience with. Never once has a coil not come out or have I had to use a pliers to get it out. In fact I find the machining on the tank to be top notch. Never once have I had one leak. Now if you want to complain about the qc on the coils, well that's a different story. Uwell dropped the ball big time there. I will say this, at Vape Northeast my girl unknowingly bought a clone and it was indeed a POS. I would venture to guess that most of the people having issues with the tank itself unknowingly bought clones.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HELLO someone called me I am here I bought Rose clone from fast tech $13.* did leak some time but I managed, now my personal choice is I will add more 7 and buy authentic which is excellent and thanks to @mjag no more clone just authentic. No more issues.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors