Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well I certainly have a lot to learn. Seems I had made a mistake in the profile and it thought the wire was Ti. Seemed to better hit, warmer tastier, when I changed it to SS316 it was cooler at the same temp and not as flavorful.

I'll check the .pdf you linked, the mod got pretty warm, so letting it cool and will play again in a while, don't want a nic headache.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are one of many to whom I trust blindly, Honestly. I say to my friends that a great friend/adviser is a blessing of God and you are one of them. Thanks Steve (and all others who are) helping this beautiful vaping community.We really appreciate.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
WOW, I don't know how to respond other than to say: Thank you for your very kind and generous words. I think were all just here to help each other. I'm just trying to help people stay away from cigarettes and enjoy their mods. I like this thread because I've been fortunate to meet some great, generous people here like you my friend. I can actually say I've met people here that I truly consider friends! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since it's quiet in here I'll post this:

Has anyone other than me noticed the load of mods that has either come out or been announced in what seems like the last few days? A lot of them seem to be just variations in what has already been released. Just a word of warning to all the guys and ladies that hang out here. Companies are rushing stuff out at a maddening pace to beat the 8-8 deadline. I'd think twice about buying a first run of anything atm. I think a lot of companies are putting out not quite finished products or retreads to beat the deadline.
Well I heard a rumor about Evolv is going to release the DNA250 before August 8th.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd be surprised if the Triade needs a firmware update. When you hook it up to Escribe, click on the Device Monitor at the top of Escribe. The firmware version will be in the bottom right hand corner (it should be 2016-02-23)
Yeah I don't think they need anything. As all eight profiles are already setup and they are ready to go. :shades:

Triade defaults

Profile 1
Power 30W
Temperature: Off
Material Ni200
Preheat 100W
Preheat Time Limit 1s

Profile 2
Power 50W
Temperature: 450ºF
Material Ni200
Preheat 100W
Preheat Time Limit 1s

Profile 3
Power 40W
Temperature: 400ºF
Material NiFe30
Preheat 100W
Preheat Time Limit 1s

Profile 4
Power 40W
Material Ti
Preheat 100W
Preheat Time Limit 1s

Profile 5
Power 40W
Material SS304
Preheat 100W
Preheat Time Limit 1s

Profile 6
Power 40W
Material SS316
Preheat 100W
Preheat Time Limit 1s

Profile 7
Power 40W
Material SS316L
Preheat 100W
Preheat Time Limit 1s

Profile 8
Power 40W
Material SS430
Preheat 100W
Preheat Time Limit 1s

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mine showed up Monday had 2 days to play with it and I'm loving it. Thanks again @Wingsfan0310 for the work you did setting up the profiles, made it much easier to navigate (learn) the software. I only use SS316L, Ni200, Ti and Knthal so I changed the profiles to some thing suitable for my vaping style and I,m digging it. Has anyone tried the DNA 75 I'm thinking of getting the SMY SDNA 75.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine showed up Monday had 2 days to play with it and I'm loving it. Thanks again @Wingsfan0310 for the work you did setting up the profiles, made it much easier to navigate (learn) the software. I only use SS316L, Ni200, Ti and Knthal so I changed the profiles to some thing suitable for my vaping style and I,m digging it. Has anyone tried the DNA 75 I'm thinking of getting the SMY SDNA 75.
Cool, I'm glad you like it. I think it's a great choice. I only put the Ecig file up so people could see what you can do with one (Outline). I suggest people change it to suit their particular vaping style. I tried to cover everything so there would be something on it for everyone. The choices are practically limitless. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cool, I'm glad you like it. I think it's a great choice. I only put the Ecig file up so people could see what you can do with one (Outline). I suggest people change it to suit their particular vaping style. I tried to cover everything so there would be something on it for everyone. The choices are practically limitless. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve
Exactly... It's always easier to get a smoother learning curve when you have a template to work off of. I set up 3 SS316L profiles, Ti 1, Ni 200 and two power profiles. I did leave in one SS430 profile in deference to your good work.

I was wondering if a one battery option shows up in Escribe for the DNA 75

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
"With Great Power Comes....." the opportunity to eff it all up!
Dang the learning curve is steep!

So either I'm an idiot or the SMOK SS coil is!

When I first loaded the profiles from the device and started editing them, I made a mistake, and had selected Ti 1 wire even though I named the profile SS316. I Selected that and got a nice warm cloud.

Couldn't leave well enough alone and went back in and noticed the mistake. Corrected it and

Even at 55W and 500f the vape was cold and meh.

So I went back to telling it the wire was Ti 1 and got that nice warm, tasty vape I was wanting. Pretty sweet, though I do need to tone down the pre-heat.

At this point I'm not 100% certain the values I had actually selected on the device were the ones I thought I edited, so I have a bit of work to do tonight.

I need to modify the display so I am certain which of the profiles and wire selections I'm actually using, and then repeat the tests.

However, if anyone has any suggestions for a SMOK tank with the TF-STC2 coils, I would be grateful for them.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

When I first loaded the profiles from the device and started editing them, I made a mistake, and had selected Ti 1 wire even though I named the profile SS316. I Selected that and got a nice warm cloud.

Couldn't leave well enough alone and went back in and noticed the mistake. Corrected it and

So I went back to telling it the wire was Ti 1 and got that nice warm, tasty vape I was wanting. Pretty sweet, though I do need to tone down the pre-heat.

At this point I'm not 100% certain the values I had actually selected on the device were the ones I thought I edited, so I have a bit of work to do tonight.

I need to modify the display so I am certain which of the profiles and wire selections I'm actually using, and then repeat the tests.

However, if anyone has any suggestions for a SMOK tank with the TF-STC2 coils, I would be grateful for them.
I'm sure you probably posted this earlier, but what Smok tank are you using? I ask because if it is the TF-8, I believe that you are gonna need to set a pretty high pre-heat. The TF-8 in particular shines at above 65W in power mode, so in TC you are probably looking at a 100W preheat to get things cooking.

The profile for Ti probably did that and got those coils cooking.

Just my initial thoughts without knowing the tank.

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you load my ecig profile on page 7 it's all set up .wires, display, etc. I don't have the Smok tank or those coils so I can't give you first hand information on it. I just looked it up and gave you the recommended settings. The temperature is what I prefer to run TC at. Some were running it at 500-550F.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit. Forget that suggestion about loading the profile. I forgot we were talking about the Triade

Last edited:

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The SMY DNA 75 is nice, but it is really small. If you are using any of the new 25 mm attys they are too fat and look pretty silly. For that reason I would recommend also considering the VT 75 from Hcigar. It is,still small and pocketable, same chip and function, but a 25 mm atty fits great on it. My 0.02

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm sure you probably posted this earlier, but what Smok tank are you using? I ask because if it is the TF-8, I believe that you are gonna need to set a pretty high pre-heat. The TF-8 in particular shines at above 65W in power mode, so in TC you are probably looking at a 100W preheat to get things cooking.

The profile for Ti probably did that and got those coils cooking.

Just my initial thoughts without knowing the tank.

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

It's a TFV-4 with the TF-STC2 316 Stainless Coil. It seems as if the mod thinks it's way hotter than it really is.

If you load my ecig profile on page 7 it's all set up .wires, display, etc. I don't have the Smok tank or those coils so I can't give you first hand information on it. I just looked it up and gave you the recommended settings. The temperature is what I prefer to run TC at. Some were running it at 500-550F.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit. Forget that suggestion about loading the profile. I forgot we were talking about the Triade

Thanks Steve, I need to go back and be a bit more scientific about my testing. Was a bit spun up with all the newness and not knowing what the hell I was doing.

Even though they say the Triade is pre-configured and it was up to date on the firmware, I wonder if there aren't some settings for the Mod configuration that aren't spot on yet.

I did see in the Evolv forum, I wasn't the only one having issues with that coil. I found some reading material for later....

The VT133 should arrive today, and I have a feeling with your profile as a starting point I'll have a chance to enjoy and learn while I work on the Triade.

Since I intended to use the SMOK on the VT and my Cleito on the Triade it ought to help me get on the right path with this.

Really appreciate all your effort helping everyone and me in particular!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just received my smy sdna a week ago from ecig.com I love it so far. DNA board in a smaller package. If you vape high wattage it drains battery's like crazy. Around 40 watts it lasts a decent while for a single 18650 mod. I bought the ss version. I love the looks and size. I don't think you will be disappointed if you end up buying it for 50 bucks. And I think it's a steal at 50.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

not about to try re-explaining anything steve said, the dude knows his shit, and evolv owes him a tech support check
but I have noticed, quite a bit of inconcisistancy in smok and kanger performance on the coils.
I'm primarily builder, but I do try to "test" as much product as I can get my hand on :)

Last edited:

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
After my experience with the UWell Crown coils and now this with the SMOK, I think I may be headed to building as some point. I'm hoping for a better result with the VT-133 and Steve's profile.

Just for grins, what wire do y'all think is the best for TC ? I got SS because it seemed it was supposed to be the "Cleanest"

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
After my experience with the UWell Crown coils and now this with the SMOK, I think I may be headed to building as some point. I'm hoping for a better result with the VT-133 and Steve's profile.

Just for grins, what wire do y'all think is the best for TC ? I got SS because it seemed it was supposed to be the "Cleanest"

hahah, that's like asking a group of people what the best soda is.

imho, hands down stainless steel.
I prefer to use the claptined 316 wire from advanced vape supply. a lot of people here, including steve prefer the round 43o

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
hahah, that's like asking a group of people what the best soda is.

imho, hands down stainless steel.
I prefer to use the claptined 316 wire from advanced vape supply. a lot of people here, including steve prefer the round 43o
Ya or which oil to run in a motorcycle, subjective at best, but sometimes you can gain a bit of knowledge from the demographics of opinion.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the smy sdna 75, goes great with the smaller tanks and is a real looker. Battery life is good if you are not running high and it has pass through charging so you can vape while you drive. So far haven't had to bring extra batteries with me but do plug it in when it gets to around 50% when driving.

8d401fc50b86fc635330d08ba08ae741.jpg

Great combo with the wotofo sapor but I do have to bring extra juice with me, that little bastard drinks

Less juice consumption with the Crown

fc6d868a43cbbb7b3e07bf707aebd855.jpg

If your cool with only 75 watts and all day battery life is not important then the smy is a steal at ecigs price.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
↑↑ I vape about 98% TC so I'm good with 40 - 50 watts the most I use on non TC is 80W mostly 60W so I'm good to go. All my single battery mods are 75W
and I got no problem carrying a spare battery. I like the smaller mods for out and about.

EDIT: Now I have 14 mods and only one set of lungs. Gotta love a hobby..LOL

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Have had a few moments to explore the evolv forum and read something that makes me wonder if the TCR curve for SS316 that came with the Triade is perhaps incorrect ? Perhaps if I compare Steve's profile for the VT133 I'll find a difference that accounts for the less than satisfactory performance with SS316 and the Triade ???

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It could be the Smok coil. I know for instance Crown coils are SS316 but have Ni200 legs so SS316's TCR doesn't work well with them. Most people use SS304 TCR with pretty good results.

That's one of the reasons I only build my own so I can control/know what I'm using.

I would try the SS304 setting on your Triade and see if that helps. Good luck.

Cheers,
Steve

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well guess I'm a DNA fanboy. Just pulled the plug on the SDNA 75
54 bucks shipped I'm in.

Had a slew of snippets and your DNA75 questions quoted because I have both the VT75 and a couple of SDNAs.
No need now I see. :p

I'm used to both my 100TCs etc. (dual cell) and my VTC and Pico singles etc, so It's second nature to choose the most appropriate depending on build/wattage.
In other words... I don't have an issue with the DNA75's battery life.
Of course the past couple weeks... the duals used are all VT133s.
JoyeTech haz a sad. :D

And I think it's a steal at 50.

That it is... amazingly so.

And now the VT75 Nanos are starting to arrive. :cool:
Doubt we'll see a comparable sale price (c'mon Ecig) but I'll be watching.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a TFV-4 with the TF-STC2 316 Stainless Coil. It seems as if the mod thinks it's way hotter than it really is.

Thanks Steve, I need to go back and be a bit more scientific about my testing. Was a bit spun up with all the newness and not knowing what the hell I was doing.
Really appreciate all your effort helping everyone and me in particular!
I was same like you
No complain.jpeg
But after 2 hours of reading about DNA200 I am good now :bingo:

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really like the smy sdna 75, goes great with the smaller tanks and is a real looker. Battery life is good if you are not running high and it has pass through charging so you can vape while you drive. So far haven't had to bring extra batteries with me but do plug it in when it gets to around 50% when driving.

8d401fc50b86fc635330d08ba08ae741.jpg

Great combo with the wotofo sapor but I do have to bring extra juice with me, that little bastard drinks

Less juice consumption with the Crown

fc6d868a43cbbb7b3e07bf707aebd855.jpg

If your cool with only 75 watts and all day battery life is not important then the smy is a steal at ecigs price.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
After looking this SMY SDNA75 I GOT 2 thought
1 -
Bad influence.jpg

and

2-
Inner Peace.jpg

Now I need to buy this too (seems so pretty) :)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Had a slew of snippets and your DNA75 questions quoted because I have both the VT75 and a couple of SDNAs.
No need now I see.

I'm used to both my 100TCs etc. (dual cell) and my VTC and Pico singles etc, so It's second nature to choose the most appropriate depending on build/wattage.
In other words... I don't have an issue with the DNA75's battery life.
Of course the past couple weeks... the duals used are all VT133s.
JoyeTech haz a sad. :D

That it is... amazingly so.

And now the VT75 Nanos are starting to arrive. :cool:
Doubt we'll see a comparable sale price (c'mon Ecig) but I'll be watching.
I don't know about that. Ecig.com is usually late to the game in the new mods department but when they do throw their hat in the ring they are more often than not much cheaper than everyone else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TODAY was my good day got vape mail, Stout and these wire 100% California Base company, I bought before and only used in POWER, their ebay listing says SS316L but roll doesn't any advice please Thanks

View attachment 57729

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Temco only carries 316L, they don't carry plain 316. Just a heads up I use to buy my Kanthal directly from them. They also carry 316L, Ni200 and Ti01.Fast shipping as well. I'd always prefer to buy direct.
http://www.temcoindustrial.com/shop/wire-cable-accessories/non-resistance-wire.html

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It could be the Smok coil. I know for instance Crown coils are SS316 but have Ni200 legs so SS316's TCR doesn't work well with them. Most people use SS304 TCR with pretty good results.

That's one of the reasons I only build my own so I can control/know what I'm using.

I would try the SS304 setting on your Triade and see if that helps. Good luck.

Cheers,
Steve
You are correct on all accounts. Swapped it out for my Aspire Clieto, started with SS316 and it wasn't great, used the SS304 and @ 55W & 500f it's lovely.

VT-133 just arrived, batteries charging. Will load it up with your profile after supper!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Wingsfan0310 - It has arrived and thanks to your profile and suggestions the SMOK has provided a very pleasant first experience. Graphics in the profile are "Da Bomb". I've still a whole lot to learn, but now I don't feel any pressure, and I'll always have a handy stress reliever while I do.

2016-07-28%2019.02.39_zpsfjwsg6ps.jpg
Nice! I'm glad you found the file helpful and are enjoying your mod! :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anyone know how often ecig.com restocks? If they keep this deal open I might grab another one when they have stock or maybe a dx200

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any where good deal for VT133 let me know please I need to buy for a friend thanks

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Probably the best deal at the moment is VapeNW that has them for $99.99 shipped (Silver and Black) or $109.99 for the all Black. Personally, if you can wait, I'd wait to see if Ecig.com gets them back in stock. Most of us were able to use a 10% off code and get them for ~$79.99 shipped

Cheers,
Steve

PS Use Vapecrawler.com to search to see if you can fund a better deal. I use that site to check before buying.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Probably the best deal at the moment is VapeNW that has them for $99.99 shipped (Silver and Black) or $109.99 for the all Black. Personally, if you can wait, I'd wait to see if Ecig.com gets them back in stock. Most of us were able to use a 10% off code and get them for ~$79.99 shipped

Cheers,
Steve

PS Use Vapecrawler.com to search to see if you can fund a better deal. I use that site to check before buying.
You are THE MAN, this is another reason I love you (of course as my buddy)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

deviantplatypus

Member For 4 Years
The SMY DNA 75 is nice, but it is really small. If you are using any of the new 25 mm attys they are too fat and look pretty silly. For that reason I would recommend also considering the VT 75 from Hcigar. It is,still small and pocketable, same chip and function, but a 25 mm atty fits great on it. My 0.02
That's exactly my own thinking. It's hard to resist that SDNA 75 but I don't think I have enough 22mm tanks in rotation for that little guy. The VT75 nano might be enticing if the pricing's right since it'll fit a 24.

With all that said, watch me order the SDNA 75 tomorrow morning. No self control...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors