Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice review by Derek. Even with his Bawdy Bawhstuhn accent he's one of my favorite reviewers. Dude is just straight up honest.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Good review. It has a lot of features for sure. He almost seemed unfamiliar with it even though he is a G2 owner. Just glad to see it starting to make the reviewer rounds.

I had a thought today about firmware updates, Hohmtech, Evlov etc. Wondering if we will see any updates before Monday. Not real clear on what will happen to "tobacco software" after the 8/8 date.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good review. It has a lot of features for sure. He almost seemed unfamiliar with it even though he is a G2 owner. Just glad to see it starting to make the reviewer rounds.

I had a thought today about firmware updates, Hohmtech, Evlov etc. Wondering if we will see any updates before Monday. Not real clear on what will happen to "tobacco software" after the 8/8 date.
That's why this place is called "VAPING UNDERGROUND" Can they REALLY stop US, not to VAPE?:rolleyes:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

According to some, an update is illegal after the 8th. It's considered a material change to the mod. I'm no lawyer but that's what I've read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's why this place is called "VAPING UNDERGROUND" Can they REALLY stop US, not to VAPE?:rolleyes:
Your right, but they can prevent the manufacturers from getting updates and new technology to us.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
According to some, an update is illegal after the 8th. It's considered a material change to the mod. I'm no lawyer but that's what I've read.

That's what I thought. I need to run the slices through the updates this weekend. I think Evolv may have one soon, maybe, don't know lol. Heard Steve mention on 133 thread.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've been thinking about this. Not all companies are American (most aren't) so the FDA has no say in what they do.

Evolv and HomeTech have customers world wide so I don't see how the FDA can stop them from making updates for them.

I guess they can say it's illegal for us to download them but that really seems like something that is unenforceable. Just thinking out loud.

Cheers,
Steve

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been thinking about this. Not all companies are American (most aren't) so the FDA has no say in what they do.

Evolv and HomeTech have customers world wide so I don't see how the FDA can stop them from making updates for them.

I guess they can say it's illegal for us to download them but that really seems like something that is unenforceable. Just thinking out loud.

Cheers,
Steve
I like the way you think. I'm in Indonesia btw. :D

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your right, but they can prevent the manufacturers from getting updates and new technology to us.
Trust me ANYONE WHO PUT UNNECESSARY RESTRICTIONS get F***up do you remembered iPhone jailbreak and I love to jailbreak mine always as resistance or oppose to my freedom, so we are hoping FD* will play fair otherwise WE will get whatever we need. TRUST ME

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Trust me ANYONE WHO PUT UNNECESSARY RESTRICTIONS get F***up do you remembered iPhone jailbreak and I love to jailbreak mine always as resistance or oppose to my freedom, so we are hoping FD* will play fair otherwise WE will get whatever we need. TRUST ME

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Oh I fully agree with you. They can't stop those of us that are and always will be self sufficient. We are the people they fear because we make the most noise. I just feel bad for the people that don't know vaping can save their life. And now they may never have that chance.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Cheers,
Steve
I hear you but they'll do the same thing NYC did when they put the smoking ban in effect. They'll make the fine so financially ridiculous that no one will dare violate it. As far as the foreign companies go who knows? They might feel like if no one is doing updates why should they? Who the fuck knows? I don't even think these dumb ass advocacy lawyers know what's going. If they did they'd have a few wins under their belts by now.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm just across the River from Canada :D. I get CBC broadcasts. That's why I'm a big hockey fan. Growing up every Saturday was Hockey Night in Canada.
You missed my humor. I should have followed that with a wink wink....I use to go to Moosehead lake in Maine every year with a buddy to go fishing and four wheeling and moose spotting. Awesome place the Northeast is. I'm assuming you are in the northeast though.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You missed my humor. I should have followed that with a wink wink....I use to go to Moosehead lake in Maine every year with a buddy to go fishing and four wheeling and moose spotting. Awesome place the Northeast is. I'm assuming you are in the northeast though.
I knew what you were saying ;). I'm in SE Michigan. Canada is on the other side of the Detroit River (Windsor, Ontario).

PS I'm not as dumb as I look :D

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I knew what you were saying ;). I'm in SE Michigan. Canada is on the other side of the Detroit River (Windsor, Ontario).

PS I'm not as dumb as I look :D
Never been to Michigan, always wanted to go. Maybe someday...I have tried to go to Canada once. I was on one of those trips we took. Tried to go threw the boarder and we were met with strip searches and a fully dismantled car. Not a very accommodating bunch those Canadians.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea, I'd probably be easier going to Canada in your neck of the woods. If I wore a loud disco shirt and have gold chains around my neck with a blonde on each arm, they'd let me in knowing I was going to lose a bunch of money.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, I'd probably be easier going to Canada in your neck of the woods. If I wore a loud disco shirt and have gold chains around my neck with a blonde on each arm, they'd let me in knowing I was going to lose a bunch of money.
image.png

Not hardly. More like in my Red Wings jersey with Stevie Y (Yzerman) on it. Heck, half are Wings fans and the other half are Leafs fans. The Joe (where the Wings play) is right on the River.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my black LE Slice from Aspenvalleyvapes this morning. $42 bucks on one of their flash secret sales, $80 shipped with another Sigelei Fuchai 213 i picked up for a friend. New button already installed, extremely minor play on the door compared to the one i had been using. Other then Aspenvalley spamming the shit out of my email before i finally unsubscribed today (although as a serious DIY'er i do always get a kick out of what a "deal" they try and make $15 on a 120ml bottle out to be lol), i'm pretty happy atm.

Spent the day in xxx mode, 2% fsk with a dual .35 kanthal coil on my Aromimizer Supreme. Pretty good results, although still dialing in my kanthal fsk preferences on each tank i own.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got my black LE Slice from Aspenvalleyvapes this morning. $42 bucks on one of their flash secret sales, $80 shipped with another Sigelei Fuchai 213 i picked up for a friend. New button already installed, extremely minor play on the door compared to the one i had been using. Other then Aspenvalley spamming the shit out of my email before i finally unsubscribed today (although as a serious DIY'er i do always get a kick out of what a "deal" they try and make $15 on a 120ml bottle out to be lol), i'm pretty happy atm.

Spent the day in xxx mode, 2% fsk with a dual .35 kanthal coil on my Aromimizer Supreme. Pretty good results, although still dialing in my kanthal fsk preferences on each tank i own.
Glad you were able to get such a great deal. I would have picked up a couple at that price had I known about the secret sale.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you were able to get such a great deal. I would have picked up a couple at that price had I known about the secret sale.

That vendor seems kinda weird on stuff like that. No notice or anything, just book marked it after that last sale posted here that I missed and checked it once a day to see if they came back in stock (at that price). Caught it Saterday night, and it was sold out an hour latter.

Yeah though, exactly what i was looking for. Vaped my tank dry today just because. Really digging this kanthal TC. Especially on my fruit based DIY. It's like what I had realistically hoped the Asolo would be and wasn't.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It definitely changes the look of the slice. Thanks for putting up the pic.

How do you like the tornado nano?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It definitely changes the look of the slice. Thanks for putting up the pic.

How do you like the tornado nano?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Lol, yes it does change the looks. Not sure if that's good or bad...The Tornado Nano just came in the mail. Getting ready to build it now. It looks like it should be a good one. Quality tank for sure.

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Outside of the dual 18650 vs single 26650, what are the other major differences with the slice & the G2?

The ability to fire super low resistance & temp control everything are game changing, IMO. One of these mods will be my next major purchase in the very near future. An essential tool for firing exotic coils.

I'm leaning towards the slice due to its size & aesthetics. But if the g2 performs alot better, I might have to grab that one instead even though its ugly as hell lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Outside of the dual 18650 vs single 26650, what are the other major differences with the slice & the G2?

The ability to fire super low resistance & temp control everything are game changing, IMO. One of these mods will be my next major purchase in the very near future. An essential tool for firing exotic coils.

I'm leaning towards the slice due to its size & aesthetics. But if the g2 performs alot better, I might have to grab that one instead even though its ugly as hell lol
I have 2 of each and I really don't see much of a difference in performance. If I was nit picking I would say that because of the 26650 battery the Slice does exhibit some sag before the G2 but like I said that would really be nit picking. The G2 is definitely built better but on the other hand you pay more for that kind of build quality. For me it really comes down to aesthetics and wattage. The G2 does do 70 more watts than the Slice. Hope I helped.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks deuces! Exactly the kind of input I was hoping for. Fucked up thing is I might end up buying both lol

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
26650 batteries are great for lower watts so if you usually vape at 50-60 watts the slice is cool for that or if you run TC all the time it is cool for that but if you like a good chain vape at 80watts+ in power mode you definitely are better off with a G2.

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can't wait to get mine!

" I find your lack of faith disturbing." - Vader

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
26650 batteries are great for lower watts so if you usually vape at 50-60 watts the slice is cool for that or if you run TC all the time it is cool for that but if you like a good chain vape at 80watts+ in power mode you definitely are better off with a G2.

Good point, thanks!

I'm chain vaping at 90+ watts so it looks like I'm gonna have to go with the G2. I was hoping that the slice was a mini version of the G2. Hopefully they come out with something like that soon.

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh silly question. Can 26650 batteries fit in an 18650 charger?

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good point, thanks!

I'm chain vaping at 90+ watts so it looks like I'm gonna have to go with the G2. I was hoping that the slice was a mini version of the G2. Hopefully they come out with something like that soon.

FWIW, if you are typically vaping at those extreme watts i'm not sold the Kanthal TC isn't going to end up being an overall let down for you. Or at least that has been my own first hand experience with people wanting to put their dripper on my shit, pumping it up to max watts, and with the surrounding thought they are going to get the same intense vape they were getting on their sigelei 150 with the added benefit of always avoiding dry hits. I mean yeah, from an overall standpoint the TC is working...but it's not quite fool proof yet.

For me the slice is really shining in the mid range of it's wattage capability. Anything more and on the sigelei fuchai 213 it goes, without carrying around an outdated brick form factor that should of already died off by now :)

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haven't gotten an email from vapor cube acknowledging my purchase :/
The money has been taken out tho. Strange

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

They're a legit company but if you're worried shoot them an email. They normally reply pretty fast.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

So you decided to go for the slice or the G2?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They do have problems at times sending to gmail, I didn't get a receipt one time and had to change my acct to an old hotmail email and then got the receipt. They said that gmail sometimes blocks there emails and they are not sure why.

Like @Deucesjack said they they are legit, I have ordered from them 4 or 5 times and never a problem.

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They do have problems at times sending to gmail, I didn't get a receipt one time and had to change my acct to an old hotmail email and then got the receipt. They said that gmail sometimes blocks there emails and they are not sure why.

Like @Deucesjack said they they are legit, I have ordered from them 4 or 5 times and never a problem.
I bough the hohm slice on guest account then made one after the fact.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I'm about as mad as a deaf, mute, no arms guy at a stripper joint. I just updated my Slice and now the little sunofagun doesn't even turn on. I emailed Vaporcube, let's see what happens. I bought it from there so I don't anticipate any problems, it is just a pisser since I use it every day. It's not like I don't have any other mods, I just don't want to open another G2 or the other VF DNA133. I put the tank from the Slice on the VF Classic and in TC it is underwhelming. I used to vape it at 49w, 400 deg.F on the Slice....on the crappy Wismec flask I'm at 78w and 500 deg F. and getting sort of close to the Slice performance.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I'm about as mad as a deaf, mute, no arms guy at a stripper joint. I just updated my Slice and now the little sunofagun doesn't even turn on. I emailed Vaporcube, let's see what happens. I bought it from there so I don't anticipate any problems, it is just a pisser since I use it every day. It's not like I don't have any other mods, I just don't want to open another G2 or the other VF DNA133. I put the tank from the Slice on the VF Classic and in TC it is underwhelming. I used to vape it at 49w, 400 deg.F on the Slice....on the crappy Wismec flask I'm at 78w and 500 deg F. and getting sort of close to the Slice performance.
Take the battery out and hold down the +- button while you plug the cord into the port. The other side of the cord should be plugged into the computer. I think you may have updated it with the G2 software by accident.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the quick reply Deuces. Should I have the updater program on while I do all that, or just to power the mod?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the quick reply Deuces. Should I have the updater program on while I do all that, or just to power the mod?
Yep have it ready with the Slice update. Let me know if it works.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gave it a try.....when I download the updater, I don't get the. dfu file for some reason. Same thing with the G2, I don't get the 2.5.7 .dfu file.

VU Sponsors