Become a Patron!

How to unlike all my batteries on the same volt ?

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i woudering how can I set all my batteries on the same level volt ? I've heard if there not all on the same volt it's bad ? Anyone care to help em?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you trying to take older batteries that were previously used in single battery mods and marry them so you can use them in dual battery mods?
Married batteries are to be same age, style, and rating.
If you have married batteries that are not charging at the same rate, more than likely you are charging in your mod and that is not recommended.
Most of us will always recommend using an external charger.

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes that's exactly what I wanna know , how can I dual charge my batteries to all be on the same level volt?

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you trying to take older batteries that were previously used in single battery mods and marry them so you can use them in dual battery mods?
Married batteries are to be same age, style, and rating.
If you have married batteries that are not charging at the same rate, more than likely you are charging in your mod and that is not recommended.
Most of us will always recommend using an external charger.

Yes that's exactly what I wanna know , how can I dual charge my batteries to all be on the same level volt?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are your batteries older?
Were they previously used as singles?
Are the new?
Are they the exact same batteries?
What batteries do you have?
Do you have a charger?
If so, what charger do you have?

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are your batteries older?
Were they previously used as singles?
Are the new?
Are they the exact same batteries?
What batteries do you have?
Do you have a charger?
If so, what charger do you have?
They are brand new from lion batteriy website all three exactly the same ! Yes I do have a charger it's called net core !

frigusoris

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You will have to be a little more specific to your problem... So you have new batteries and they're reading at different voltages?

How are you reading these voltages? Multi meter, Mod, Charger?

Have you charged the batteries yet? If you just received them, they will be in a "Storage Charge" which is about 40-60% of a full charge. Not all batteries in storage will read the same on a volt meter, they need to be "topped up" or placed on a charge first.

I believe you're saying you have a nitcore charger, most of them are alright quality. What exact model is it?

I would charge all batteries fully, then measure voltage. They should all be 4.20 Volts fresh off a charger. Any lower and your charger is not fully charging which poses no safety concern, just less battery life. Any higher and the charger is over charging, which can be very dangerous. Any voltage over 4.25 is generally too high. (I work with Lithium and Ni-Mh batteries for a living and any time I see a lithium cell read over 4.25, I am EXTREMELY cautious with it's handling and treatment.)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
As with anything, the better and more concise info you give the VU Peanut gallery, the better the quality of the answer's you get:D

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You will have to be a little more specific to your problem... So you have new batteries and they're reading at different voltages?

How are you reading these voltages? Multi meter, Mod, Charger?

Have you charged the batteries yet? If you just received them, they will be in a "Storage Charge" which is about 40-60% of a full charge. Not all batteries in storage will read the same on a volt meter, they need to be "topped up" or placed on a charge first.

I believe you're saying you have a nitcore charger, most of them are alright quality. What exact model is it?

I would charge all batteries fully, then measure voltage. They should all be 4.20 Volts fresh off a charger. Any lower and your charger is not fully charging which poses no safety concern, just less battery life. Any higher and the charger is over charging, which can be very dangerous. Any voltage over 4.25 is generally too high. (I work with Lithium and Ni-Mh batteries for a living and any time I see a lithium cell read over 4.25, I am EXTREMELY cautious with it's handling and treatment.)

I have charged him them 2-4 times, I am reading the battery voltages of my Rx200s, it's telling me that there at 3.63 3.64 3.61. The charger I am using is the nitecore i4. I brought the batteries off lion wholesale .

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's normal for them to be a little off. And your chip could be reading them slightly off too.

frigusoris

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If those are the voltages right off the charger, you're only charging to ~40%... Something is wrong with the unit by the sound of it.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The voltage reading of each cell on the rx200 is not reliable info.
Take the reading from your charger, not the mod.
Don't charge in the mod, only on your external nitecore charger.

If you charged them to 4.2v each and used them in the mod for a day, a drift of ~0.03v from one cell to the next is nothing. That's assuming the mod is giving you correct info.
Don't worry about that till you start seeing ~0.30v drift (on the charger or multi meter) because one or more cells needs to be replaced at that point.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors