Become a Patron!

Inawera

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
the best way to find out, is taking an identical bottle.. fill with colored water for easier reading..
then drop the required drops into a syringe.. for not all drops are the same. :)

good luck, @Passunca ! you could add even more flavors to this..
just remember, smaller amounts first.. taste your single flavors and find your spot..
drop by drop :D

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I can tell what my senses tell me. Tino's RY4 is not the same as FA's RY4.

Now, remember I also said that I doubt Inawera produces their own brands.
They claim they do, but they also claim their bottles have 20 drops/ml...

People had said that Inawera was concentrate, Wera Garden were even more, and Tino was premium.
Where do the new Inawera concentrates fit, marketing wise? And Shisa's?

Meh, they're too complicated, they have several brands, several flavor lines, several selling sites, etc, etc.
And does anyone know any info about the bad vaping stuff? Their certificates are for food use. ;)

I do solemnly swear that I will not bash any further. :)
Id like to 2nd this and give you a +10

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Passunca, please (not plz) forgive me for posting the following question ;)

So I got PIF'd! It's as fun as it sounds... For those of you that are using a lot of INW, are you using drops or %s mostly? The WG Orange happens to be a syringe killer, lol. Luckily, that syringe was on it's way out anyway. Not a biggie. But, for future reference, what's the best for measuring this flavor? Drops or should I get a glass syringe if necessary? I'm not doing the weight thing, though I do see the attraction. Thanks!

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry about your syringe Huck.:oops: I generally just use drops, but I did measure the drops on a random sampling and got 60 drops per ml so I can figure percentage. Other people are getting different drops per ml.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's is correct about the pharma standard AFAIK.

But no way those bottles are 20/ml.

So when they say 6-8 drops (Vanilla for Pipe, as suggested :) ) per 10ml we could be talking about:
- 20/ml = 3%-4%
- 40-45/ml (my measure) = 1.5%-2%
- 60/ml (people swear they measured it) = 1%-1.33%

When talking about concentrates (and now even more concentrate, as per new flavors) the range is too wide, IMHO.
What are we talking about? What's the suggested percentage? bah...

@Smoky Blue I don't have those and I don't have the courage to order more INW... But I'll try to see if any of my friends got some to spare to give that mix a fair chance :)

@glassgrl In no possible way I would call you an idiot and, at the end of the day you're right. If it keeps you far from smoking then they're good :)

sound like someone has a problem with converting drops to percentages.

I have tons of Inawera and had many FA as well as Hangsen. Everyone is different. I liked hangsen but it doesnt like me.

Inawera is the only flavoring designed specifically for vaping. No adding vinaegar or all kinds of other additives. The only thing i add is Virgina tobacco absolute. You probably have not found the right flavors for you. Out of the 80+ inawera flavors I have I only use about 6. They have excellent fruits. I am just not a fruit vaper. Once in a while is nice though. There chocolate is excellent as well as nugart and honey.
I use one hangsen RY1 in moderation but one of my top vapes.

Inawera RY4 S,Camel, Inawera blend, shade, Symphony, 555 Gold with virgina tobacco absolute. as well as some mentioned already.I actually add VTA to all of these at times.

If you are basing your strong opinion on Toni d virgina I would have to say yea it sucks! But mix it 50/50 with Burley and some tobacco absolute and you may like it?

All the dropper bottle I have except for red labeled cola measure 60 drops/ml

Math for converting drops to ml
No. of Drops per 10ml/6 = percentage--------------percentage X No. of ml(Batch size)=ml of flavoring
OR;Recommended @ inawerashop
(8) drops per 10ml / 6 = 1.3%------------------.013 X 10ml = .13 ml of flavoring for a 10 ml batch.
OR;
8/6=1.3%-----------1.3%=.013-----------013*10=.13ml

Note; you can simplify this one step by adding a zero to number of drops.
Example;
8/600=.013 * Batch size =ml of flavoring
8/600=.013*10=.13ml

Toni D' line; if you use 2% across the board as a start your good to go!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
thank you @Cessnapix ..

not all are bad.. curious, do you get that ina back taste?
not that I am knocking them, i have some investments in some..
but curious as to opinions..
which one(s) are your favs?

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not Sure What INA Back taste is or what you mean. I get no bad taste from the flavors I like which I thought I listed most.

Inawera RY4, S,Camel, Inawera blend, Shade, Symphony, 555 Gold with virgina tobacco absolute. USA mix (not blend)ha-ha (see we all have diferent taste! Little space drops ocassionally. Nutty Princess occasionally There are other but these are all I basically use. Symphony was my number one vape mixed at 1 drop/ml. But I got burned out from it for a while.

I am not into fruits often, but;
Pear is awsome! Blueberry can't be beat IMO. Cherry, Black cherry, Peach, Raspberry, Cactus! I don't know if they make a bad fruit flavor.

For the record; and many of you may call me crazy but measuring by drops is the most acurate way! You can not get as fine with a syringe as you can with a dropper.

However if I am making a big batch, which I usually make by 120ml batches now. that way I don't have to wait for steepage and worry about running low and mixing every other week. I use a syringe. If I am making a quick 10ml batch I use drops.

By the way it makes no difference if you are knocking it or not i like these flavorings and that is what i choose to use. if you dont like them dont use them. There are different companies for different reasons. some like fords some like Chevys.

Just expressing my free will here at VU!;)

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Cessnapix, you are mixing like me.. :)

was curious.. as i do get a small back taste, on the nutty, the s'camel, the smoke and prunes.. and a couple others..
it is not in the vanilla for pipe..
i dont know how to describe it, it is not unpleasant..

(surprised you have not mentioned the Gold ducat!):D

Pear is my number 1.. oh wow nice!!

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are good flavors from all brands and there will always be someone that likes and doesn't like it no matter what it is. I am thankful for variety and like flavors from several brands. Not all flavors from any brand will be good which is all part of finding what works best for you. I like a mixture of Inawera, TFA, FW, and of course FA. I have recently gotten a couple of Capella flavors to try out. It's all part of the fun.

I like Inawera tobaccos but not necessarily the ones most others like. I have 20+ tobacco flavors. I did not like a lot of them but did find a few that are perfect for me. I will someday remix some of the others and let them steep much longer to give them one final chance before they are removed from my flavors rack.

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not Sure What INA Back taste is or what you mean. I get no bad taste from the flavors I like which I thought I listed most.

Inawera RY4, S,Camel, Inawera blend, Shade, Symphony, 555 Gold with virgina tobacco absolute. USA mix (not blend)ha-ha (see we all have diferent taste! Little space drops ocassionally. Nutty Princess occasionally There are other but these are all I basically use. Symphony was my number one vape mixed at 1 drop/ml. But I got burned out from it for a while.

I am not into fruits often, but;
Pear is awsome! Blueberry can't be beat IMO. Cherry, Black cherry, Peach, Raspberry, Cactus! I don't know if they make a bad fruit flavor.

For the record; and many of you may call me crazy but measuring by drops is the most acurate way! You can not get as fine with a syringe as you can with a dropper.

However if I am making a big batch, which I usually make by 120ml batches now. that way I don't have to wait for steepage and worry about running low and mixing every other week. I use a syringe. If I am making a quick 10ml batch I use drops.

By the way it makes no difference if you are knocking it or not i like these flavorings and that is what i choose to use. if you dont like them dont use them. There are different companies for different reasons. some like fords some like Chevys.

Just expressing my free will here at VU!;)

Mixing by weight as it works very well also. But as long as you are consistent with however you mix it really doesnt matter.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mixing by weight as it works very well also. But as long as you are consistent with however you mix it really doesnt matter.
^ weight is definitely more accurate than drops and syringes, but I understand that many people are hesitant. I was for awhile.

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Passunca, please (not plz) forgive me for posting the following question ;)

So I got PIF'd! It's as fun as it sounds... For those of you that are using a lot of INW, are you using drops or %s mostly? The WG Orange happens to be a syringe killer, lol. Luckily, that syringe was on it's way out anyway. Not a biggie. But, for future reference, what's the best for measuring this flavor? Drops or should I get a glass syringe if necessary? I'm not doing the weight thing, though I do see the attraction. Thanks!
I mix by weight so I use drops and squeezes :p to achieve determined percentages.
I guess my point is use whatever you want BUT, if you're going TO SHARE use %'s or absolute ml's. :)

And I also think you should be giving weight a chance. It really helped me enjoying DIY.
- scale ON
- final bottle on the balance then tare.
- squeeze nic then tare
- squeeze or drop flavor x, tare
- squeeze or drop flavor z, tare
- squeeze PG/VG, tare.
- scale OFF
- no eyeballing
- no cleaning
- no syringes
- shake
- vape
- profit!

Edit: non native English sympathy error.

Last edited:

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sound like someone has a problem with converting drops to percentages.

I have tons of Inawera and had many FA as well as Hangsen. Everyone is different. I liked hangsen but it doesnt like me.

Inawera is the only flavoring designed specifically for vaping. No adding vinaegar or all kinds of other additives. The only thing i add is Virgina tobacco absolute. You probably have not found the right flavors for you. Out of the 80+ inawera flavors I have I only use about 6. They have excellent fruits. I am just not a fruit vaper. Once in a while is nice though. There chocolate is excellent as well as nugart and honey.
I use one hangsen RY1 in moderation but one of my top vapes.

Inawera RY4 S,Camel, Inawera blend, shade, Symphony, 555 Gold with virgina tobacco absolute. as well as some mentioned already.I actually add VTA to all of these at times.

If you are basing your strong opinion on Toni d virgina I would have to say yea it sucks! But mix it 50/50 with Burley and some tobacco absolute and you may like it?

All the dropper bottle I have except for red labeled cola measure 60 drops/ml

Math for converting drops to ml
No. of Drops per 10ml/6 = percentage--------------percentage X No. of ml(Batch size)=ml of flavoring
OR;Recommended @ inawerashop
(8) drops per 10ml / 6 = 1.3%------------------.013 X 10ml = .13 ml of flavoring for a 10 ml batch.
OR;
8/6=1.3%-----------1.3%=.013-----------013*10=.13ml

Note; you can simplify this one step by adding a zero to number of drops.
Example;
8/600=.013 * Batch size =ml of flavoring
8/600=.013*10=.13ml

Toni D' line; if you use 2% across the board as a start your good to go!
I don't think I have a problem converting drops to percentages, as my calculations are the same as yours...
6 drops = 1,3% IF WE ASSUME 60 drops per ml.
But, IF WE ASSUME 20 drops per ml, as STATED BY INW those same 6 drops will became 3%.
I have measured between 40 to 45 drops in my directly buy from INW bottles.

So where do we stand?

Like I've said several times before, if people want to share recipes, they should do it in % or ml never in drops.
I can understand 1 drop of AP for 10 ml.

My grudge, beside I don't like most INW flavors I have (but that is very subjective), is about INW marketing.
Bad marketing is bad. Period.

But I sure noticed that you have 80+ flavors and only use about 6 :cool: and you have to add a Virginia TA.
(to make it clear, the last sentence was pure provocation, in a friendly way ok? don't take me wrong)

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just asked that question in the late night thread....

That means I must get a scale, I guess.
Yes and with 0,01g precision.
It sound harder than it is, as I bought mine for less then 10$ from FT.

Next step, give Juice Calculator by HotRod a chance, and If you want you can calibrate weights from your own measuring.

BINGO! :)

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't think I have a problem converting drops to percentages, as my calculations are the same as yours...
6 drops = 1,3% IF WE ASSUME 60 drops per ml.
But, IF WE ASSUME 20 drops per ml, as STATED BY INW those same 6 drops will became 3%.
I have measured between 40 to 45 drops in my directly buy from INW bottles.

So where do we stand?

Like I've said several times before, if people want to share recipes, they should do it in % or ml never in drops.
I can understand 1 drop of AP for 10 ml.

My grudge, beside I don't like most INW flavors I have (but that is very subjective), is about INW marketing.
Bad marketing is bad. Period.

But I sure noticed that you have 80+ flavors and only use about 6 :cool: and you have to add a Virginia TA.
(to make it clear, the last sentence was pure provocation, in a friendly way ok? don't take me wrong)

I know this was not directed to me but I have a question for you. If an Inawera recipe was posted by percentages as you want, how is that any more accurate? You have no idea if their percentage is based on 60 drops per ml or 20 drops per ml. I still go by drops with Inawera because they are so concentrated. Drops out of the bottle can't be far off no matter how you look at it if you are only using a few drops. It works for me anyway.

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know this was not directed to me but I have a question for you. If an Inawera recipe was posted by percentages as you want, how is that any more accurate? You have no idea if their percentage is based on 60 drops per ml or 20 drops per ml. I still go by drops with Inawera because they are so concentrated. Drops out of the bottle can't be far off no matter how you look at it if you are only using a few drops. It works for me anyway.
Hmm % is always % no matter what.

6 drops from a 20/ml bottle = 3% of a 10 ml mix = 0.3 ml
6 drops from a 60/ml bottle = 1,3% of a 10 ml mix = 0.13 ml

Notice the percentage is very different.

So, drops work for you and that's fine.

But if you want to share the recipe with me, why don't just say use 0.13ml per 10 ml, or 1.3%?
Why would you assume I also have a 60/ml dripper bottle? I can have a 20/ml (In fact, all this mess started because INW changed their original bottles). And I could have bought from another vendor who carries 45/ml bottles. See where I'm going?

You make me a 3 ml sample and I love it. Whow, @Ld3441 that's awesome! Make me 75 ml asap!!!
Will you count your drops? Or you do know the % to be able to replicate it?

Just my 0,02€.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hmm % is always % no matter what.

6 drops from a 20/ml bottle = 3% of a 10 ml mix = 0.3 ml
6 drops from a 60/ml bottle = 1,3% of a 10 ml mix = 0.13 ml

Notice the percentage is very different.

So, drops work for you and that's fine.

But if you want to share the recipe with me, why don't just say use 0.13ml per 10 ml, or 1.3%?
Why would you assume I also have a 60/ml dripper bottle? I can have a 20/ml (In fact, all this mess started because INW changed their original bottles). And I could have bought from another vendor who carries 45/ml bottles. See where I'm going?

You make me a 3 ml sample and I love it. Whow, @Ld3441 that's awesome! Make me 75 ml asap!!!
Will you count your drops? Or you do know the % to be able to replicate it?

Just my 0,02€.

Yes, I see where you are going. I guess that is part of the problem, I got the first bottles before they changed. I had forgotten about that.
I also don't make large batches. The largest I make is 30ml because I switch flavors a lot and 30ml last me a long time. I do count drops for those as well.

I wish there was an easy answer for this one. You just can't please everyone because we all do things differently. I do things differently depending on what I am doing. When I see something that looks good, I try it out even if it is not written the way I do it. The joys of DIY, you can make it all your own way. :D

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish there was an easy answer for this one. You just can't please everyone because we all do things differently. I do things differently depending on what I am doing. When I see something that looks good, I try it out even if it is not written the way I do it. The joys of DIY, you can make it all your own way. :D
Indeed and not pretending to change it. Vaping in general is much of and individual preference, and that's the best thing about it.

But's not the issue here, imho.
Could we been having this conversation in Portuguese? I guess not, so we had to have a common ground of understanding, English. It's not perfect, as I might and surely do have some errors, but we can get along, or at least I hope so :D

In DIY terms, you (and your 60/ml bottles) make an awesome juice and say: Hey Passunca, try this one out it's pure awesomeness. 6 drops of x, 6 drops of z, 6 drops of y.
Then me (and my 20/ml bottles) go and add 6 of x, 6 of z, 6 of y.
You told me about an awesome recipe of 3,9% total flavor.
I did an awful recipe at 9% total flavor and go: Hey Ld, that juice sucks!

It's not fair, to you mostly.

I believe, % must be the common ground of understanding.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Indeed and not pretending to change it. Vaping in general is much of and individual preference, and that's the best thing about it.

But's not the issue here, imho.
Could we been having this conversation in Portuguese? I guess not, so we had to have a common ground of understanding, English. It's not perfect, as I might and surely do have some errors, but we can get along, or at least I hope so :D

In DIY terms, you (and your 60/ml bottles) make an awesome juice and say: Hey Passunca, try this one out it's pure awesomeness. 6 drops of x, 6 drops of z, 6 drops of y.
Then me (and my 20/ml bottles) go and add 6 of x, 6 of z, 6 of y.
You told me about an awesome recipe of 3,9% total flavor.
I did an awful recipe at 9% total flavor and go: Hey Ld, that juice sucks!

It's not fair, to you mostly.

I believe, % must be the common ground of understanding.

Your English is just fine and I haven't seen any errors. Glad you can join us. So I guess if I use a recipe with drops, I should also say how many drops per ml and anyone can do what they want with that info. :rolleyes:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Passunca.. you do very well with your English..

from my understanding.. see if I am right on this..
the EU is metric..
the bottles from ina a&l etc have different drip tips..
each drip tip type releases only so much of a drop..
i have seen some recipes by drops (grins) that ask for large drops and small..

so if you are going by percent, ml, or big/small drops, it is always a way to measure..
it stays the same.. only if you know what the rule of measure they used..
some like more than others, others like less..

this is why i say, know your flavors you like.. your "happy spot".. with each one..
that way, when you see a recipe that says:

"xx coffee @ 5 drops/5%"

if you do not like that flavor company, fall back to the one you like..

this is why i say, recipes we all contribute with, they are merely ideas..
some are good ideas, some suck!

but if mixing keeps you happy, you will find what you like..
never rely on someone else's recipes as engraved in stone..

i hope this makes sense..:)

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Passunca; I have been told that some of the bottle that are in being distributed in Europe do have a different size dropper. That is why if you are going to use drops you need to measure the amount of drops in a ml. The bottles we are getting are about 60 drops/ml.

When I said The most acurate way of measuring was by drops I was only talking between the syringe and droppers. I have heard that weighing is more acurate but It is just not for me. I do use both as whatever fits best for that size batch. For a 10 drop recipe why dirty a syringe. But for a 120ml bottle I dont want to count a 120+/- drops.

What is right for Me is not always right for someone else!

Everytime this subject comes up there is an argument of some sorts. If you are just starting out in DIY why go buy more expensive equipment. As shynlsy said, ifyou are consistent in YOUR PROCESS it doesn't matter.

However some people like to set up a lab and have all kinds of equipment for part of the hobby. I am somewhere in the middle myself. I like graduated cylinders and syryinges/drops. If you like scales that is great.

It really doesnt matter though if my 6% is actually 6.5% as long as I can achieve the same results everytime. Would you not agree? All the recipe ends up being is a scaled up or down version of the original.

Personally I am against telling new DIY people they need to go buy more stuff to mix with when straight out of the bottle is good enough and cost alot less.

Save the money for the really expensive part that we can't do with out; the nicotine. But if you can aford it great!
My 2 cents.;)

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@passunca(In fact, all this mess started because INW changed their original bottles). And I could have bought from another vendor who carries 45/ml bottles. See where I'm going?

Yes you have a valid point;
However this argument has been going on well before I even heard of Inawera!

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great discussion and one I had just today with someone new at work..

Cessna hit it on the head when he said consistency is key.

I have been making mixes for some years now and while I don't claim my eliquids are the best, there is one thing you need to realize when mixing you're recipes, consistency.. I know some go by drops, some go by ml and some by weight.
I have never gone by weight, but if you do, and the recipe is great. Keep it that way. Now let's say you go by weight,and you do a 10ml but just happen to see a flavor in your arsenal that may add that something to make it better, and your scale isn't around so you add say 5 drops. After a week or so, ( you did date the label and the recipe on the bottle of course) ;)
And you find that it is awesome. Better than you thought it could be, but you added those 5 drops which you didn't weigh. What to do???

You make that recipe the same way every time. You weigh the original ingredients and when done you add 5 drops to top it off . It doesn't matter if it is 10 ml, 30ml, 120 ml. This is consistency and will give you the same result every time.

I use ml myself or percentage in my calculator, but I also use drops sometimes.

So let's say I have to make 500ml of a base flavor, but at some point along the way while working on the original recipe in a 10ml bottle I happened to add 2 drops to that bottle. Of something that made it spectacular, well, when I make that 500 ml amount. When I get done adding all the Ml's of however many flavors it has, I then sit there and I add 100 drops of whatever that additive was I added. And I do it that way every time.could I add the drops to a ml syringe and see how many drops make a ml and then just multiply by that? Sure. But I assure you that it would not be the exact same recipe I liked before. It would be close, but I don't want precision I want consistency in my recipe bases , minus nicotine of course.

Once in awhile you can get away with using a syringe when using drops. But you would, or at least should, make a test batch first.

Whatever way you do your recipe. The thing to remember is to ALWAYS make it the same way, this way you have consistency. And while the statement. "You don't always have to be precise, you just have to be consistent" seems to go against my above example. It doesn't

steamer861

Member For 4 Years
Here You go It's not mine I found this one on another site
I mixed up a batch and it's good well I like it :)

caramel 4 %
Gold ducat 3 %
peanut 2 %
vanila 1 %

This one is mine I like it to

cherry

5 %
banana

3 %

I find with other flavours like MBV TFA and TPA I need 15 to 20% flavouring with Inawera I can use less
and still get good flavour

Sorry to disappoint you but, and it's seems I'm the only one saying, Inawera is just hype.
I don't want to hijack this thread to bash on Inawera, and I have tons of things to bash on.

Ok I admit, I have a personal grudge against them, so I even accept the fact I might be wrong but, I'm yet to vape something really good done with just Inawera.

I dare anyone to post a cool Inawera recipe. Oh, and please, do it in % or in ml, don't make me talk about INW drops... :mad:

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, I am game to try them. But really;
Cherry & Banana.........hmmmo_O Just teasing I will let you know. I don't mind fruits now and then.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Everytime this subject comes up there is an argument of some sorts. If you are just starting out in DIY why go buy more expensive equipment. As shynlsy said, ifyou are consistent in YOUR PROCESS it doesn't matter.

However some people like to set up a lab and have all kinds of equipment for part of the hobby. I am somewhere in the middle myself. I like graduated cylinders and syryinges/drops. If you like scales that is great.

Personally I am against telling new DIY people they need to go buy more stuff to mix with when straight out of the bottle is good enough and cost alot less.

Save the money for the really expensive part that we can't do with out; the nicotine. But if you can aford it great!
My 2 cents.;)

I am not disputing that people should do what makes them the happiest and most comfortable when mixing. Nor would I ever tell someone to do anything, but using cost as a reason to stay away from measuring by weight is flawed.

I absolutely agree that people new to diy should not waste excess money on expensive equipment, but a scale is less expensive than measuring by ml (which will still necessitate syringes or beakers to measure pg/vg/nic, even when using dropper bottles for flavors). My scale was less than $20, and it means that I don't need syringes, needles, beakers, or any of the other things people say they need. My lab is just a scale and bottles.

The quoted info above states that straight out of the bottle is good enough and costs less. Of course, but people still need to measure the other ingredients, and many companies sell flavors without droppers (in vials and/or larger bottles without droppers, etc). If people need to measure the amount, they'd need something to dispense, whether by transferring it to a dropper bottles, adding a dropper, or using a pipette or syringe.

I want people to do what makes the most sense to them. Cost, however, is not a valid reason to not use a scale. I put my bottle on the scale. Tare it out. Add as many drops to reach the desired measurement, tare, do the same with pg/vg/nic, screw on the cap, shake, and vape. I don't even have anything to clean when I'm done.

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Passunca; I have been told that some of the bottle that are in being distributed in Europe do have a different size dropper. That is why if you are going to use drops you need to measure the amount of drops in a ml. The bottles we are getting are about 60 drops/ml.

When I said The most acurate way of measuring was by drops I was only talking between the syringe and droppers. I have heard that weighing is more acurate but It is just not for me. I do use both as whatever fits best for that size batch. For a 10 drop recipe why dirty a syringe. But for a 120ml bottle I dont want to count a 120+/- drops.

What is right for Me is not always right for someone else!

It really doesnt matter though if my 6% is actually 6.5% as long as I can achieve the same results everytime. Would you not agree? All the recipe ends up being is a scaled up or down version of the original.

My 2 cents.;)
I don't want to bring mixing by weight into a discussion about drops.

Mixing by drops or ml or percentage is absolutely fine. Just do it the way you feel better.
My point is: If you want to share with others, give them ALL the information.

@Ld3441 just said, and I couldn't agree more, about info and what people do with it.
If I'm going to share a by drops recipe, I can tell how many drops/ml I'm using, and now everyone has the same information (the common ground for understanding)
I'm I'm going to share by absolute ml, I need to refer to the total ml, so that everyone knows what are we talking about.
Percentages just skip all this, and make it simple, imho.

Mixing by weight is a completely different subject.
It's more of a natural human behavior: Rejecting the new, stick with what we're used to do.
Everyone of us do it. ;)

I already saw a post where @RocketPuppy trashes one reason not to mix by weight. Bring'em all!!! :)

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@RocketPuppy You have a valid point; I didnt know they where that cheap. the only point I was trying to make and it was nothing against your process or mine.

It is about every time you read a post it is us all arguing about you need to buy this or that and our own way of doing things is the best way............And we at times become pationet about it, exuse my spelling.

I am just saying that there is no need to switch ways and have to buy new equipment new mods or whatever it maybe, to enjoy vaping.

It can become very confusing for a new diyer or vaper to read al theses threads and feel overwhelemed and just keep buying ejuice. I feel I am pretty sharp and I felt that way when Istarted vaping. I had enough to learn about mods back then.

A scale maybe a better way? I have not used one in 10 years. They where much more expensive back then. I and have all my stuff so, I my self would not change my process. I have a routine where only nicotine and pg/vg go into grad cylinders so hot tap water rinse and shake and it dries and done. i use no flavoring in them.

But heck you may have intrigued me enough to look into it and maybe someday I will?

I do have an old fashioned triple beem scales that was given to me from a lab when they went digital. I use it mainly as an antique display...lol
To hard to tare with a beem scale...lol

The straight out of the bottle was meant as dripping flavors by the drops, and that is all!

I hope you understand what I am trying to say. I am not saying my process is right. It is right for me. Yours is right for you.

good night!

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great discussion and one I had just today with someone new at work..

Cessna hit it on the head when he said consistency is key.

I have been making mixes for some years now and while I don't claim my eliquids are the best, there is one thing you need to realize when mixing you're recipes, consistency.. I know some go by drops, some go by ml and some by weight.
I have never gone by weight, but if you do, and the recipe is great. Keep it that way. Now let's say you go by weight,and you do a 10ml but just happen to see a flavor in your arsenal that may add that something to make it better, and your scale isn't around so you add say 5 drops. After a week or so, ( you did date the label and the recipe on the bottle of course) ;)
And you find that it is awesome. Better than you thought it could be, but you added those 5 drops which you didn't weigh. What to do???

You make that recipe the same way every time. You weigh the original ingredients and when done you add 5 drops to top it off . It doesn't matter if it is 10 ml, 30ml, 120 ml. This is consistency and will give you the same result every time.

I use ml myself or percentage in my calculator, but I also use drops sometimes.

So let's say I have to make 500ml of a base flavor, but at some point along the way while working on the original recipe in a 10ml bottle I happened to add 2 drops to that bottle. Of something that made it spectacular, well, when I make that 500 ml amount. When I get done adding all the Ml's of however many flavors it has, I then sit there and I add 100 drops of whatever that additive was I added. And I do it that way every time.could I add the drops to a ml syringe and see how many drops make a ml and then just multiply by that? Sure. But I assure you that it would not be the exact same recipe I liked before. It would be close, but I don't want precision I want consistency in my recipe bases , minus nicotine of course.

Once in awhile you can get away with using a syringe when using drops. But you would, or at least should, make a test batch first.

Whatever way you do your recipe. The thing to remember is to ALWAYS make it the same way, this way you have consistency. And while the statement. "You don't always have to be precise, you just have to be consistent" seems to go against my above example. It doesn't
We do agree in consistency.
We also agree in this is not rocket science, and the final product will not be radically different if you had 3,25678ml insted of 3ml.

Now the weight :)

You added 5 drops, cool. You, at least, should be taking notes right? :)
Next time, you add your 5 drops with the bottle on the scale, and tcharam! Now you got your weight.
And the next time you make a 500ml, you don't need to drop, you don't need to eyeball and measure 2-3 syringes, you just squeeze away to reach a certain weight. :)

What many people don't get is that they don't have to change absolutely nothing in their process, except to buy a 10$ scale with 0.01g precision and maybe change the calculator they use.

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@RocketPuppy You have a valid point; I didnt know they where that cheap. the only point I was trying to make and it was nothing against your process or mine.

It is about every time you read a post it is us all arguing about you need to buy this or that and our own way of doing things is the best way............And we at times become pationet about it, exuse my spelling.

I am just saying that there is no need to switch ways and have to buy new equipment new mods or whatever it maybe, to enjoy vaping.

It can become very confusing for a new diyer or vaper to read al theses threads and feel overwhelemed and just keep buying ejuice. I feel I am pretty sharp and I felt that way when Istarted vaping. I had enough to learn about mods back then.

A scale maybe a better way? I have not used one in 10 years. They where much more expensive back then. I and have all my stuff so, I my self would not change my process. I have a routine where only nicotine and pg/vg go into grad cylinders so hot tap water rinse and shake and it dries and done. i use no flavoring in them.

But heck you may have intrigued me enough to look into it and maybe someday I will?

I do have an old fashioned triple beem scales that was given to me from a lab when they went digital. I use it mainly as an antique display...lol
To hard to tare with a beem scale...lol

The straight out of the bottle was meant as dripping flavors by the drops, and that is all!

I hope you understand what I am trying to say. I am not saying my process is right. It is right for me. Yours is right for you.

good night!

No one is saying I'm right you're wrong.
As you pointed out, you do this the way you feel comfortable doing. Like I do, and like everyone should do.

If you already have scales with you, I beg you to try it.
Do exactly as you do right now, just on top of the scale :)

You get your graduated cylinder and put on the scale.
Let it measure and tare it. It's 0 now.
Put the same amount, in the same way you do it, of Nic into the cylinder, now look at those big numbers on scale, that's your weight. Tare it to make 0 again.

You just need to tare, every new ingredient added.

These values are already know, but you can double check and adjust with you own.
PG: 1.036 g/ml
VG: 1.261 g/ml
PGA: 0.789 g/ml
Vodka: 0.938 g/ml
Water: 1 g/ml
Flavor: 1 g/ml

Flavors can vary, some 0.9g/ml some 1.2g/ml, but the difference is neglectable and I always assume a PG Flavor as 1g/ml.

Wrapping it up, do the way you feel more comfortable. Simple.
One day, when you've got nothing to do and you're feeling bored, remember that guy with a strange nick, and think: What the heck! I will give it a try. :)

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here You go It's not mine I found this one on another site
I mixed up a batch and it's good well I like it :)

caramel 4 %
Gold ducat 3 %
peanut 2 %
vanila 1 %

This one is mine I like it to

cherry

5 %
banana

3 %

I find with other flavours like MBV TFA and TPA I need 15 to 20% flavouring with Inawera I can use less
and still get good flavour
Do you add cherry and banana to the recipe or is it another recipe?
Still have to get Gold Ducat and Peanut, but I'll give it a fair trial :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have to brag on the shis
Do you add cherry and banana to the recipe or is it another recipe?
Still have to get Gold Ducat and Peanut, but I'll give it a fair trial :)

I have seen that recipe too.. you could add in some fruit, but it is not needed..
the gold ducat rocks, Passunca..
i use it in cinnamon buns, to a ry4 type tobacco.. it's a light/med tobacco with spices..
the peanut will set it off nicely..

you could add in a drop of vanillin.. maybe some marshmallow.. or brown sugar, but it's not needed either..

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to brag on the shis

I have seen that recipe too.. you could add in some fruit, but it is not needed..
the gold ducat rocks, Passunca..
i use it in cinnamon buns, to a ry4 type tobacco.. it's a light/med tobacco with spices..
the peanut will set it off nicely..

you could add in a drop of vanillin.. maybe some marshmallow.. or brown sugar, but it's not needed either..
I asked because it would be a 18% flavor Inawera's recipe, and that sounds like overflavouring to me :)
Will you really make me buy Gold Ducat? :p

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I asked because it would be a 18% flavor Inawera's recipe, and that sounds like overflavouring to me :)
Will you really make me buy Gold Ducat? :p

the fruit for the gold ducat recipe.. you only add one fruit.. max is 15% if you want to add it in.. and it is not needed.. but you can do add in's..

as for the gold ducat.. no, do not buy lmao.. you will fall in love.. and that only leads to certain lady troubles.. mhmm.. stay far away :p
(I am joking) however, i love the gold ducat.. there are tons of recipes online for it, you only need to be researching for yourself.. ;)

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Valid points on both sides, but some of these points only have a practical effect when making larger mixes, or using not so concentrated flavourings. There is no easy way to get a fraction of a drop from a bottle!

I make a lot of 2ml test mixes, and have flavourings in bottles that do about 50 to 60 drops per ml. So 1 drop in 2ml is about 1%. Obviously an approximation, but to get a more precise 1% would take a lot more effort! If I know I'll need 0.5% of something then I have to either make a larger mix, or use a cut flavour. (I keep cut versions of some flavours to make them easier to measure).

Scaling up, an 8ml mix that uses 0.5% of something will only be 2 drops of it - same problem with precision! It doesn't matter how you measure, if the discrete unit that you can add is so coarse :)

Inawera drops are Pharmacist's Drops, 20 per ml. It's defined, and therefore just as good as being told a percentage. It does not mean that will be what you get from the bottle - never has!

Likewise, the de facto standard in the ECF Inawera thread was 60 drops per ml. Fine, as long as everyone knows that. But generally I agree that anyone stating drops should also state what drops per ml they reckon with.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Inawera Smoked Plum is a fantastic flavor. Especially mixed with Wera Garden Oriental Tobacco Absolute. As for Capella, I don't use them anymore. It takes way too much to get them to taste good. Then coil gunking happens, and I don't like that.

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Inawera drops are Pharmacist's Drops, 20 per ml. It's defined, and therefore just as good as being told a percentage. It does not mean that will be what you get from the bottle - never has!
I agree with all your post but needed to comment on this one.

If you go to INW page, they post some recipes there, and themselves don't use 20/ml. :)
They don't even use the same x/ml in flavors in the same recipe.

Bad Marketing is bad! :D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Valid points on both sides, but some of these points only have a practical effect when making larger mixes, or using not so concentrated flavourings. There is no easy way to get a fraction of a drop from a bottle!

I make a lot of 2ml test mixes, and have flavourings in bottles that do about 50 to 60 drops per ml. So 1 drop in 2ml is about 1%. Obviously an approximation, but to get a more precise 1% would take a lot more effort! If I know I'll need 0.5% of something then I have to either make a larger mix, or use a cut flavour. (I keep cut versions of some flavours to make them easier to measure).

Scaling up, an 8ml mix that uses 0.5% of something will only be 2 drops of it - same problem with precision! It doesn't matter how you measure, if the discrete unit that you can add is so coarse :)

Likewise, the de facto standard in the ECF Inawera thread was 60 drops per ml. Fine, as long as everyone knows that. But generally I agree that anyone stating drops should also state what drops per ml they reckon with.

they should state what nipple size on the dropper bottle they are using as well..

there are 3 standard sizes..

the tiny pointed ones.. the rounded ones, and if you are actually using a dropper syringe..

identifying the dropper used is always helpful.. not all drops are the same.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Inawera Smoked Plum is a fantastic flavor. Especially mixed with Wera Garden Oriental Tobacco Absolute. As for Capella, I don't use them anymore. It takes way too much to get them to taste good. Then coil gunking happens, and I don't like that.

i still use some, but not all..

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree with all your post but needed to comment on this one.

If you go to INW page, they post some recipes there, and themselves don't use 20/ml. :)
They don't even use the same x/ml in flavors in the same recipe.

Bad Marketing is bad! :D

Yeah, I should've said that I meant the recommended amounts on each flavour's page. The recipes are a law unto themselves, but at least they state ml or % as well so you can work it out.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they should state what nipple size on the dropper bottle they are using as well..

there are 3 standard sizes..

the tiny pointed ones.. the rounded ones, and if you are actually using a dropper syringe..

identifying the dropper used is always helpful.. not all drops are the same.

Drops per ml covers that, even if it needs to be specified per ingredient when using a mixed bunch of nozzles. But if someone hasn't measured their drops per ml, knowing the nozzle type would at least help!

VU Sponsors