Become a Patron!

Inawera

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Smoky Blue have you tried the RY4 from TD line. It is nothing like a traditional ry4, imo.

After taste; I am suspecting it may be coming from a form of vanilla mixed in as a sweetner into some of these tobacco's you get the "back taste" in.
All the tobacco's you listed are sweet based and two of them have Vanilla.
The other two both report that damn maggish flavor..........but please, lets not get into what is "maggish flavor" again!

I am getting that after taste from the vanilla tried neat.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue have you tried the RY4 from TD line. It is nothing like a traditional ry4, imo.

After taste; I am suspecting it may be coming from a form of vanilla mixed in as a sweetner into some of these tobacco's you get the "back taste" in.
All the tobacco's you listed are sweet based and two of them have Vanilla.
The other two both report that damn maggish flavor..........but please, lets not get into what is "maggish flavor" again!

I am getting that after taste from the vanilla tried neat.
Maggi cooking seasoning!
06bf593ec412f59a_Maggi2.xlarge.jpg

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've never had Maggi seasoning, but I get nothing close to a soy-type sauce taste. I get caramel, vanilla, and a sharp note that resembles whisky.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh wait! Sorry. I was thinking we were discussing food.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
:)It went totally over my head so I had to ask. :)

Sorry ..........I am the worst off topic rambler there is...........;)

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry to disappoint you but, and it's seems I'm the only one saying, Inawera is just hype.
I don't want to hijack this thread to bash on Inawera, and I have tons of things to bash on.

Ok I admit, I have a personal grudge against them, so I even accept the fact I might be wrong but, I'm yet to vape something really good done with just Inawera.

I dare anyone to post a cool Inawera recipe. Oh, and please, do it in % or in ml, don't make me talk about INW drops... :mad:

By the way my friend I tried to pm you but couldnt.

What tobacco brands do you like may I ask?

Give me some suggestions please........I would like to find something else. Please do not list a Flavourart tobacco though.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am placing a new order soon has anyone tried the Shisha tobacco, Shisha Sex on the Beach, and or Shisha Cherry?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am placing a new order soon has anyone tried the Shisha tobacco, Shisha Sex on the Beach, and or Shisha Cherry?
Nope. Have you used Hangsen tobaccos?

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@RocketPuppy - Yes And I do like them I use RY1 as my ADV rotation. However I don't like the ASHY flavor in most and they do have a sicky sweetness to them. Amost all do not agree with me! I have to take the RY1 in moderation and that is the only one I will vape now. I just went back to it over the last couple of months.

I thought they where the best thing since sliced bread when I 1st strarted with them. That doesn't mean they are not for everyone though!

Edit; The only FA tobacco I could stand was Shade. I started DIY just on that one flavor. I think the only reason was because it was mild and it was more like vaping unflavored nicotine?

I could handle FA Golden virginia mixed with green tea at times.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

I like the shisa's.. tons of ideas to use with them.. I do not like hangsen's and fa's dusk sucks.. ;)

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue, can you explain the difference in flavor profile between a shisha flavor and a regular flavor? If I got shisha strawberry and a regular strawberry flavor, what would be the difference? I've never had shisha, so I have no idea.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue, can you explain the difference in flavor profile between a shisha flavor and a regular flavor? If I got shisha strawberry and a regular strawberry flavor, what would be the difference? I've never had shisha, so I have no idea.

mild spices.. best I can tell you.. of course, it is hard, just like the tobaccos.. to imitate the shisha flavors.. but ina comes pretty close..
you will have to play with it to get it to where you like it.. but its not too hard to tinker with. ;)

i'd start anywhere from 2-4% with them..

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
mild spices.. best I can tell you.. of course, it is hard, just like the tobaccos.. to imitate the shisha flavors.. but ina comes pretty close..
you will have to play with it to get it to where you like it.. but its not too hard to tinker with. ;)

i'd start anywhere from 2-4% with them..

Thanks for explaining. Thinking my next INA purchase will include a shisha flavor or two (or three or four).

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@RocketPuppy - Yes And I do like them I use RY1 as my ADV rotation. However I don't like the ASHY flavor in most and they do have a sicky sweetness to them. Amost all do not agree with me! I have to take the RY1 in moderation and that is the only one I will vape now. I just went back to it over the last couple of months.

I thought they where the best thing since sliced bread when I 1st strarted with them. That doesn't mean they are not for everyone though!

Edit; The only FA tobacco I could stand was Shade. I started DIY just on that one flavor. I think the only reason was because it was mild and it was more like vaping unflavored nicotine?

I could handle FA Golden virginia mixed with green tea at times.
Might as well just send em my way. I've been eyeing the USA mixes. That stinks that the ry1 doesn't like you.

So you want a tobacco but not one that necessarily imitates a real cig flavor?

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@RocketPuppy - I guess you could say that. I would like to find a good base to use to mix with other stuff as well. I dont like the base inawera used where ther fruit mixes. They blew it IMO. And they have excellent Fruit flavors!

I would also like to find something similar to Hangsens RY1. Or some other blends. The RY! bothers me the least of the hangsen flavors. There is something in them that makes me sick and canker sores like to much pg does to me. it makes my pee stink too....not that you wanted to hear that....lol

I hate ashy, but for some reason I can handle s,camel and a couple other ina that are ashy. I don't do the DNB!:eek: Or the DARK is not for me either.:eek: I had hopes for the dark as an addative.

I made some NET but that was, well:eek:!

However maybe there are some out there that taste really great? I dunno.

Onward we go.......Honestley I have enough good all day vapes from Inawera. but hey if I am missing something I would like to find it. Right!

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
By the way my friend I tried to pm you but couldnt.

What tobacco brands do you like may I ask?

Give me some suggestions please........I would like to find something else. Please do not list a Flavourart tobacco though.

I like Tino's RY4, AM4A and 555 Gold all standalone @3%. Then I can also vape Nutty Princess.
I have very mixed feeling about Wera's 3 Five, and no feeling at all about INW Virginia.

My favorite tobacco so far is Hangsen 555 (Highway).

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
3 five doesn't do it for me either.....very dissapointed, that being there. "pro line"!
I liked highway at one time but just can't take it any longer.

you seem to have the same likes as me except the amphora I found perfumey.

If you have not tried Tino's inawera blend give it a try. Personally I think you may like Tino's shade as well.

I also find Virginia tobaco absolute is a nice addition to all on occasion.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Cessnapix, do you like graham cracker taste, like not a strong graham cracker flavor, but mild, mixed with mild tobacco? If you do, you might want to consider a few pre-mades - Ahlusion Smooth Criminal and Vapewell Hive, if you like subtle coconut, honey and mild tobacco. Both of these are not flavors that make you instantly think tobacco.

And I'm sorry if I missed it earlier on the thread, but have you tried INA Bahraini Gold? That's a good one as well.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Cessnapix, do you like graham cracker taste, like not a strong graham cracker flavor, but mild, mixed with mild tobacco? If you do, you might want to consider a few pre-mades - Ahlusion Smooth Criminal and Vapewell Hive, if you like subtle coconut, honey and mild tobacco. Both of these are not flavors that make you instantly think tobacco.

And I'm sorry if I missed it earlier on the thread, but have you tried INA Bahraini Gold? That's a good one as well.

Well yes I like graham gracker although I have never vaped any.;) I do lothe anything that has cinnamin in it for a vape though. Not that these have any in it but I have found in the past some put a little in all there juice. I do have some Dark Graham cracker that I never tried.

You know I have been hesitant to try any premades since I have started DIY a year and a half ago.
1) I figured I dumped enough money into the over charged juice market. That is with the real money is in this whole game.
2) After reading so much about Boba's bounty and Gorilla juice I didn't want to become dependent on something I couldn't make myself.
3) I could be totally happy just vaping unflavored nicotine than some of the crap I have tried.
4) I am satisfied with my ADV's at this time I am just looking to see if I may be missing something. I am a very fussy vaper!
5) I came across Inawera through an ECF thread. I may just stumble across a few other tobacco's by word of mouth?

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
3 five doesn't do it for me either.....very dissapointed, that being there. "pro line"!
I liked highway at one time but just can't take it any longer.

you seem to have the same likes as me except the amphora I found perfumey.

If you have not tried Tino's inawera blend give it a try. Personally I think you may like Tino's shade as well.

I also find Virginia tobaco absolute is a nice addition to all on occasion.

I could vape Hangsen's Highway 365/7/24 :)

As to AM4A, I do it standalone 3%, do my usual crock pot hocus pocus and let it sit another day or two.
Is a very pipe'ish tobacco but I like it. If I had a Kato's Hammer, it would be all I would vape on it. Vaping like a Sir. :)

There's something I always wondered about, maybe n00bish question but: Why do you guys add a Tobacco Absolute to your tobaccos? Aren't they good enough without it?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Passunca,

I add TA because it intensifies the flavor of the tobacco. It makes it richer. In some cases, it makes it ashier and more realistic to an analog.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What FP said. Some of them are good by themselves, some are better as tobaccos when you mix it in one of the tobacco bases and/or add an absolute and/or DNB. Example- I mix Old Havana with e-aromat Peach and a couple other things for a Spiced Peach that is only very very slightly tobacco tasting. That same recipe can be a spiced peach tobacco if I mix it with tobacco universal base and/or add a tobacco absolute.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Well yes I like graham gracker although I have never vaped any.;) I do lothe anything that has cinnamin in it for a vape though. Not that these have any in it but I have found in the past some put a little in all there juice. I do have some Dark Graham cracker that I never tried.

You know I have been hesitant to try any premades since I have started DIY a year and a half ago.
1) I figured I dumped enough money into the over charged juice market. That is with the real money is in this whole game.
2) After reading so much about Boba's bounty and Gorilla juice I didn't want to become dependent on something I couldn't make myself.
3) I could be totally happy just vaping unflavored nicotine than some of the crap I have tried.
4) I am satisfied with my ADV's at this time I am just looking to see if I may be missing something. I am a very fussy vaper!
5) I came across Inawera through an ECF thread. I may just stumble across a few other tobacco's by word of mouth?

you might want to check that dark graham cracker.. the clear is the best one. ;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I could vape Hangsen's Highway 365/7/24 :)

As to AM4A, I do it standalone 3%, do my usual crock pot hocus pocus and let it sit another day or two.
Is a very pipe'ish tobacco but I like it. If I had a Kato's Hammer, it would be all I would vape on it. Vaping like a Sir. :)

There's something I always wondered about, maybe n00bish question but: Why do you guys add a Tobacco Absolute to your tobaccos? Aren't they good enough without it?

it also makes it more dimensional.. instead of a flat tobacco.. think of it as "fluffy" additive.. :D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
nets on the other hand.. are very flexible and forgiving..
toying with a couple now.. i am doing one set as a "plain" the other with a few, and yet one last with what i call, loaded.
will be interesting to see how it all comes out.. one hour after mixing.. hard to say.. will give a 24 hour test.. then a weekly test, for up to 2 months.. ;)

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
nets on the other hand.. are very flexible and forgiving..
toying with a couple now.. i am doing one set as a "plain" the other with a few, and yet one last with what i call, loaded.
will be interesting to see how it all comes out.. one hour after mixing.. hard to say.. will give a 24 hour test.. then a weekly test, for up to 2 months.. ;)

I hope you had better luck than I. I made a batch of NET from the finest smelling whole leaf tobacco blend. Mainly Sweet virginia and a little burley, tad of dark. Sat for a month or more in about 350ml of pg and some water. It yelided about 100ml of net.
perhaps it just needs better filtering? I have not thrown it out but it is very different. Mixed at several different percentages they all tasted bad.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Depends on how you filtered.. don't know what you did, but for that much..

what I would have done, is use a small mason jar..
fill it 1/4 the way with your tobacco..
cover it and about 2 fingers with either pg or vg..
2 different ways
you can do a cold steep.. but shake 2 times a day..
filter everything either after 36 hours, or 1 week.. add more tobacco and top off..
till it reaches the right smell.. some people i have read about.. their process takes anywhere from 1 month to 6..

hot steep.. (meaning no boiling water) for 30min to a hour..

shake.. let cool for 24 hours..
if it is not right.. then let it sit for a couple days to a week..

filtering..

some people use ricers..
some use like fsors.. 400ss mesh and then the brown coffee filters..
some go even further with cotton balls inside syringes with the tips cut off..

the better it looks and smells, the better the extract..
the better it is filtered, means a more pure, ready to go extract..

I hope this helps..:)

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Passunca - I have to agree with you after re-reading this entire thread. I am not sure if the Toni D' Milano line is made from Inawera or not?

Lets say they don't....then I would have to agree that inawera does not make a decent tobacco flavor!
There marketing is terrible to say the least.
However they do have some really good fruit flavors that got me into vaping fruits where no other brand I have tried had done.
They have a few other flavors in the nuts and chocolates that are pretty good as well.
But I think 99% of what I vape is Toni D'
good night!

edit;
@Smoky Blue - I used the cold steep method and topped it off as the tobacco absorbed the pg/dw. Steeped for 3-5 weeks. Filtered through a water filter than through coffee filters 5-6 times. Has a very oily tobacco taste. Clogs coils andatty's like crazy.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Smoky Blue - I used the cold steep method and topped it off as the tobacco absorbed the pg/dw. Steeped for 3-5 weeks. Filtered through a water filter than through coffee filters 5-6 times. Has a very oily tobacco taste. Clogs coils andatty's like crazy.

did you keep shaking it? 2 times a day..

sounds like a filter issue.. check out ebay for some 400-500ss mesh.. make sure to get the 12x12, and use a rubber band on your jar to strain..
then use your coffee filters.. say 3-5 times..

if it is killing your wicks.. and taste is off.. sounds like you need to start over and use only the pg..
even tho its distilled water.. nopes.. :oops:

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea I did the shaking, 1st filtering was a strainer and coffee filter. then a drinking water prefilter. Then several doubled up coffee filters. Only 10% distilled water. I could try again but think i will try and filter it better someday. That and try some store bought net to see how I like it 1st.;)

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Passunca - I have to agree with you after re-reading this entire thread. I am not sure if the Toni D' Milano line is made from Inawera or not?

Lets say they don't....then I would have to agree that inawera does not make a decent tobacco flavor!
There marketing is terrible to say the least.
However they do have some really good fruit flavors that got me into vaping fruits where no other brand I have tried had done.
They have a few other flavors in the nuts and chocolates that are pretty good as well.
But I think 99% of what I vape is Toni D'
good night!

One thing I believe everyone agrees about INW marketing. It's terribad! :D

There's some kind of urban myth saying Tino's line is produced by FA. I was told by Marcelina, in an ECF thread that INW produces all their stuff, which I personally don't buy it but, I can tell that Tino's RY4 is not the same as FA's RY4.
In FA's site there's a list of business partners and authorized re sellers and INW is not there.

Like I said, I like some of Tino's tobaccos, other than that INW Peach @ 3% is also very nice.

Wrapping up: INW has some decent flavors but, IMHO, they are offset by their Marketing. They have 3 sites, 4 product lines that cannibalize themselves, they are not coherent nor direct when answering consumers, and I find that most of their flavors, regardless of being good as standalone, don't quit blend with each other. Too much fuss for me, as a consumer, so I moved on to other brands.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you might want to check that dark graham cracker.. the clear is the best one. ;)
The only two makers of graham I've found are Capella and TFA. Is there another one out there> I'm reasonably happy with the TFA flavor, but it seems like it requires a really high percentage to make anything beyond just a hint of flavor.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Mrscaryz 5% caramel in a few weeks after it steeps toally wipe out any flavor in the 555 gold. Other than the fruits. You really need to let these flavors steep a good 2-4 weeks! Especially the tobaccos. You may want to try the USA Blend as mentioned back at the beginning. It may be more of what you are looking for if you want to add that much caramel? Hope that helps.

@Passunca - Your comment about th thre sites canabilizing themselves is spot on!

It is almost Like they set these up like a pyramid scheme. They created hate and discontent between their own suppliers. Back a while ago it seemed like the lab had the same feelings about lack of direction. However I have a few flavors that I will continue to buy from them.

There is no likeness between the flavors of FA and Toni D' so I am not sure what the deal is there.
I am done ranting.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
The only two makers of graham I've found are Capella and TFA. Is there another one out there> I'm reasonably happy with the TFA flavor, but it seems like it requires a really high percentage to make anything beyond just a hint of flavor.

like caramel and butterscotch.. too much graham cracker will expand flavor and take over everything..

tfa's graham cracker.. maybe I can show you a bit better, Cavediver..

the good one.. even tho it has *** Note: This flavor contains 'custard' ingredients: Acetoin & Acetylpropionyl.
The following link explains the frequent questions & concerns involving custard notes.
http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/flavorsworkshop/custard.html

this is the good one to use:
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-7567-graham-cracker-clear.aspx

the bad one: (looks like the dropped "dark" on their site.. but wl has it under dark..

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6649-graham-cracker-flavor.aspx

the reason I say bad is because of the ingredients..
Ingredients:Natural & Artificial Flavor, Propylene Glycol, Water, Caramel Color, Corn Syrup,Ethyl Alcohol,Salt

that corn syrup and your wicks... or your lungs..

now go back and check the "good one".. it doesnt have that "corn syrup" listed in the ingredients..

the highest percentage i will use is 2% Graham Cracker.. hope this helps!

note.. i have not played with Capella's gc..

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got it. Thanks! I didn't realize there were two different TFAs.

I've been digging around for more info on the CAP version, but have come up empty.

I guess I need to take a look at all of the flavors I've collected. I've tried to avoid the flavors containing diacetyl, but never really paid attention the substitutes.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Got it. Thanks! I didn't realize there were two different TFAs.

I've been digging around for more info on the CAP version, but have come up empty.

I guess I need to take a look at all of the flavors I've collected. I've tried to avoid the flavors containing diacetyl, but never really paid attention the substitutes.

no worries.. was playing with the graham cracker months ago and found out myself..

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a bit of a bummer considering the amount of graham I taste in El Kamino; looks like I'm going to have to look into that as well :(

... Not saying I'm going to swear it off or anything, but a reduction or limit on the amount and frequency I use it would (probably) be a wise choice.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Mrscaryz 5% caramel in a few weeks after it steeps toally wipe out any flavor in the 555 gold. Other than the fruits. You really need to let these flavors steep a good 2-4 weeks! Especially the tobaccos. You may want to try the USA Blend as mentioned back at the beginning. It may be more of what you are looking for if you want to add that much caramel? Hope that helps.

@Passunca - Your comment about th thre sites canabilizing themselves is spot on!

It is almost Like they set these up like a pyramid scheme. They created hate and discontent between their own suppliers. Back a while ago it seemed like the lab had the same feelings about lack of direction. However I have a few flavors that I will continue to buy from them.

There is no likeness between the flavors of FA and Toni D' so I am not sure what the deal is there.
I am done ranting.
Thanks man I am an advanced DIY I know about steeping I appreciate your help though.. You know there are ways to speed up steeping <---- I do not believe that all flavors of tobacco need much steeping 555 is an example if you warm it for 8 hours the way I do it is bizzarre so I will not give anyone ideas but it does work.... I do believe in steeping but I have never seen anyone break down each and every flavor of steeping time in a scientific manner :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man I am an advanced DIY I know about steeping I appreciate your help though.. You know there are ways to speed up steeping <---- I do not believe that all flavors of tobacco need much steeping 555 is an example if you warm it for 8 hours the way I do it is bizzarre so I will not give anyone ideas but it does work.... I do believe in steeping but I have never seen anyone break down each and every flavor of steeping time in a scientific manner :)

mmm tobacco is the only thing i refuse to "speed steep".. there are too many variables and the only good way.. to me! is time.

then when you get into the nets, it becomes even more so..
take Black Honey Tobacco (now shortened to just Black Honey - TFA) to bring it all out.. you need at least 3 weeks minimum.. add more flavors than just that, add more time.. it is just the way it is.. :oops:

even with the Nutty Princess.. i found i like it more, after a 4 week steep.. but that is my taste.. we are all different.:)

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
mmm tobacco is the only thing i refuse to "speed steep".. there are too many variables and the only good way.. to me! is time.

then when you get into the nets, it becomes even more so..
take Black Honey Tobacco (now shortened to just Black Honey - TFA) to bring it all out.. you need at least 3 weeks minimum.. add more flavors than just that, add more time.. it is just the way it is.. :oops:

even with the Nutty Princess.. i found i like it more, after a 4 week steep.. but that is my taste.. we are all different.:)

I'm with you on tobaccos and not speed steeping. I think they need to mature, like wine or cheese. Time left alone is the best thing for those mixes.

VU Sponsors